Keep and fight

• Moderators
7 hours ago, PelazoVenAMi said:

My intention is to medicate myself for a few more months and then make the decision.  I have read that medication can restore hair up to 18 months.

Good plan. I give you high marks for thinking this through logically and for the long term.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi friends,

Here is my thirteenth month of medication seen from behind.

This month, I have seen some increase in density in some of the small hairs that cover the head and in general, the hair is somewhat darker and perhaps somewhat stronger.  I changed the vitamins and the shampoo (I don't know if it is the reason).

Have I improved since I started?  It is obvious.  Can more?  I will stay there until at least 18 months.  It's not easy, but here we go.

A hug!Add-Text-06-22-09-48-43.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Now that is impressive and serves as an example of what might be achievable from medication for so many! If at the very worst you are holding ground and do not have any side effects then it's still a huge win! Thanks for sharing!

That's right Gatsby, thank you very much for valuing it.  It is of great help for large alopecias like mine, any recovered hair is welcome.  Big hug, thanks for stopping to comment!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Another month!  Taking advantage of the holidays I have shaved the upper part to see if the hair that has appeared is gaining strength.  We'll see at the end of the summer how it looks.

For the rest I'm still the same, oral minox, oral dutas and the lotions that Dr. Mwamba advised me (topical dutas and mesotherapy dutas).  Also accompanied by vitamins.

I wish you a great summer!

• 1 month later...

Hello friends!

Excuse me for not being active in the summer.

It's not like I had much news to tell and I wanted to disconnect something (something that is difficult with this complex haha).

I have cut my hair several times (especially the front part of my head) to see if it is gaining strength.

I don't know if the comparison is very good, I don't have many photos with the same lighting, hair length, etc, but I think you can see that there is a little more hair than before, all new hair is welcome haha.  In the detail photo, little hairs are still visible that I don't know if they will thicken, before I had practically nothing, I don't know if PRP would help for this.

We continue! A hug!IMG-20220914-162128.jpg

IMG-20220914-163349.jpg

Edited by PelazoVenAMi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello partners,

First of all, I know that the comparison is not exact neither by posture nor by light, but I think that the improvement is evident, only that sometimes one does not know how wonderful life is and the gifts that the road can hide.  (Note: I have a red head in the current one because I apply the lotion with a lot of emphasis).

We continue, every adult follicle is welcome haha, encouragement to all on your way.

A hug!

IMG-20220926-145902.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good friends, Happy New Year to all!

Many months without publishing, the truth is that I have not had any great news.

I continue to medicate myself with the lotions from the Andorran pharmacy that Dr. Mwamba once recommended and I take Minoxidil and oral dutasteride.

During this time I shaved my head a couple of times, I have suffered several sheddings and yes, it may be that several hairs that came out in their day have become adults, but as you can see in the photo, they are growing and I present a diffuse appearance (at least It's an improvement, before there was practically nothing).

I would only have to try PRP or dutasteride mesotherapy in a specialized center. Do you think it could help with the hairs that come out due to the medication?

A hug!IMG-20230107-215819.jpg

• Moderators

You've had a pretty good improvement from where you were at the start. I don't think you could ever hope to get anything resembling dense hair with how much loss you had to start with. If you've got it stabilized where it's at then perhaps it's time to look into a hair transplant.... unless you are happy with the improvements you've had and staying at that level. There's nothing wrong with that. If you feel fine with it then that's all that matters.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

37 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

You've had a pretty good improvement from where you were at the start. I don't think you could ever hope to get anything resembling dense hair with how much loss you had to start with. If you've got it stabilized where it's at then perhaps it's time to look into a hair transplant.... unless you are happy with the improvements you've had and staying at that level. There's nothing wrong with that. If you feel fine with it then that's all that matters.

Thank you very much for your comment @BeHappy

Seeing so much small hair all over the head gives me the illusion that something else can be done (at least it's the dream haha).  I understand that after a hair transplant, PRP is performed so that the new hair comes out healthy.  In my case, I don't know if those little hairs that the medication is making come out could get the same benefit from further thickening. 

I will continue a little more and I will make a decision to end the journey as we all want, with great hair! 

A hug!

• 2 months later...

Hi friends,

On the 22nd of this month, April, I will complete 22 months of medication (one month I did not take medication and I started in May 2021).

As a novelty in recent months, I started taking extra biotin (in addition to the vitamins), I preferred to add topical Minoxidil (half a lotion since I also take the oral one) and leave the topical Dutasteride that I applied (not the mesotherapy that I used). I still apply once a week).

My next stop will be PRP.

Here is one comparison photo.

All the bestno-usar.jpg

• Like 2

How long ago did you loss your hair ?  How long were you NW7 and wearing the hairpiece until you took it off and started the new regimen ? 

Good luck to you, you are winning the battle !!

59 minutes ago, NewHare said:

How long ago did you loss your hair ?  How long were you NW7 and wearing the hairpiece until you took it off and started the new regimen ? 

Good luck to you, you are winning the battle !!

Hi!  Thank you very much for your comment, as you say, it will help me win the battle!  

I lost it about 16 years ago, I endured a season with hair fibers, becoming impossible when I lost more hair.  With hair prosthesis being NW VII I have been 4 years!

A hug!

15 minutes ago, Reecee said:

Acabo de leer todo el hilo y tengo que decir que estoy sorprendido por tu progreso. ¿Puede atribuir su crecimiento a alguno de sus tratamientos en particular?

Hi! Difficult for me to attribute to a specific drug, I suppose they all help. Minoxidil and oral dutasteride I think are the most important, although I would say that biotin is helping me too.  And although it may seem silly, perseverance and continue to believe, my hair that came out due to shedding has fallen several times, but you have to keep going until it becomes strong even if the mirror shows a bad appearance.

A hug!!!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 9:15 PM, PelazoVenAMi said:

Hi!  Thank you very much for your comment, as you say, it will help me win the battle!  

I lost it about 16 years ago, I endured a season with hair fibers, becoming impossible when I lost more hair.  With hair prosthesis being NW VII I have been 4 years!

A hug!

As I had thought, it was near impossible to regrow hair after that many years. Add to that the hair system.  What does your doctor attribute your regrowth to ?  

Edited by NewHare

1 hour ago, NewHare said:

As I had thought, it was near impossible to regrow hair after that many years. Add to that the hair system.  What does your doctor attribute your regrowth to ?  

Yes, that's what the theory says.  That is why some doctors told me that my case had no solution and no possibility of surgery.  

My doctor expected me to recover something because I had some miniaturized hairs, but not that much, it is also a surprise for him.  

I have my own opinion about that, but if you allow me I will say it later because it can cause controversy and I have to be sure of my path.

A hug! 

• 1 month later...

Hi!

News to comment:

- It has been more than 5 months since I have stopped Dr. Mwamba's topical Dutasteride lotion, as well as more than a month and a half since I have also stopped applying his mesotherapy lotion, grateful for what they have given me, I think they have already fulfilled their path and I have not noticed worsening after stopping its use.

- Today I have started, despite comments that question it, my first mesotherapy session.  In this way, I intend to add one more way, the injected one, being the oral, topical and the latter with which I try to give my condition a further push.  Although I applied Dutasteride as mesotherapy at home with a dermaroller, I believe that this modality may be more effective (this is my opinion and I do not want to argue with anyone).  Mesotherapy carries Dutasteride, Minoxidil and vitamins.

I hope that the photos show the numerous fine hairs in the upper area and that I want them to thicken.  These hairs have had shedding several times, they have fallen, they have come out, they have fallen again, some stronger, others weaker, that is why some are long, others shorter... but all that remains is to continue.

In the other photo I remember where I came from 23 months ago, the moment when I considered starting medication, practically out of nowhere and where the crown of the head reached the nape of the neck (I know that it is not the same light or posture, but I think it is evident the change).

Here I will tell you news!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello friends!

On August 1, it will be two months since I started the mesotherapy sessions.  Tomorrow I will give myself the third session.

From what I have read, the definitive improvement is not appreciated until 3-6 months, so I look forward to the coming months.  As a personal impression, I do notice more hairs and I want a new springboard in the third session.

Iwill try that my next photos have the same lighting, but I think the evolution of these 25 months can be appreciated (one I did not take medication).

My current diet:

Injected mesotherapy
vitamins
biotin
oral minoxidil
topical minoxidil
oral dutasteride

A hug for everyone!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, PelazoVenAMi said:

"The drop of water pierces the rock, not because of its strength but because of its constancy."

July photoAdd-Text-07-09-10-00-38.jpg

Situation reminder:

- I've been with Dr. Mwamba's topical dutas and mesotherapy dutas for 2 months, I am very happy.

- I have less than 2 months with dutas and oral minox.

- I started to medicate in April (finasteride and topical minox) after 4 years using prostheses.

- I use dermaroller several times a week

Go for the hair!

A hug colleagues and happy summer!'

Why would you dermaroll several times a week, that can only cause damage.