Hair stemcell transplantation - Dr Coen Gho

Hi guys,

I was talking with a friend of mine and he mentioned to me that he was booking to do a hair stemcell transplant with Dr. Gho in Netherlands. He sent me the email conversations between him and the clinic.

I personally was not aware of stemcell transplants.

Anyway from little research I did on the forums here, all the posts related to Dr. Gho i could find were old posts, and I can not find any posts on a stemcell transplant.

Are there any recent updates on this type of surgery and/or Dr. Gho spacifically?

Thank you for your interest for Hair Science Institute. As promised, I hereby would like to send you more information about our new improved method of hair transplantation, Partial Longitudinal Follicle Unit Transplantation (PL-FUT) also known as “Hair StemCell Transplantation” and our institute as well as our advice.

Hair Science Institute is an institution that specializes in the field of hair and scalp diseases and works according to ISO 9001:2008 guidelines and protocols. The institute, located in Amsterdam, Maastricht, London, Vienna, Jakarta and Cap d’Antibes, is a research, development, treatment and training institute that develops new treatment methods in the field of hair restoration in association with Prof.dr. H.A.M. Neumann, from the dermatological department at the Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Our institute is established in 2005 and has performed more than 15000 Hair StemCell Transplantation procedures.

In my previous (fundamental as well as clinical) studies, I revealed that the whole follicle is not needed to regenerate hair growth. If a portion of the follicle remains in the donor area, it can regenerate a new hair, even when a part of the follicle is removed. The part, which has been removed, will also produce a hair when transplanted into the recipient area. So, one hair follicle is able to produce more hairs (see attached scientific publication in the British Journal of Dermatology).

With HairStemcell Transplantation® we use a needle of 0.5 up to 0.6 mm to extract only a minimal piece of tissue. The tissue contains a very small part of the hair stem cells, but sufficient to produce a new hair.

We leave far more tissue behind in the donor area, and therefore the chance of re-growth is higher (in general more than 80%) compared to the other techniques like Follicular Unit Extraction or Strip Surgery, because with the other techniques, frequently, too much follicular tissue is extracted from the donor area, so only the graft will generate a new hair.

This means that in the future, after the treatment, the hairs in the donor area can be cut short, without any visible density loss.

Due to the re-growth of hair in the donor area and the fact that there are no residual visible scars, the donor area (following recovery) can be used again. Especially in burn victims, where the donor area is limited, this is very important. This method in burn victims has been described in the attached article in Burns.

In the reception area, holes are also made with smaller sized needle as used for extracting the grafts. Because of this, the grafts fits perfectly in the holes and more than 95% of the implanted grafts will regenerate new hairs. There will be no scars in the recipient area. Other advantages are better and faster (wound) healing and a higher hair density because we can place the grafts closer to each other. Anaesthesia is virtually painless and also after the treatment you will experience no pain.

With HairStemcell Transplantation, it is also possible to restore the eyebrows or beard. Pictures of the donor area and the difference between FUE and HST can be found on our website. I also attached other publications related to the technique, so you can read more about the background of our technique.

One HST treatment of XXXX grafts costs in the Netherlands € XXXX,-. Each graft may contain 1 to 4 individual hairs. The average is 2.5 hairs per graft, so the number of hair follicles after one treatment day is between XXXX and XXXX hairs.

• Like 1

Here in the Netherlands, most of us know (if you are read up on hair transplants) that Dr. Gho is selling bullshit. I even know someone who was treated at (at an absurd cost). Result: terrible, so bad I've never seen it. Do not go there!

That email makes me so angry, claims are being made that are not (or cannot be) fulfilled.

Edited by alex1985
  • Like 2

Upon more research i am seeing a few clinics (a few in Turkey and 1 in Dubai) which are claiming to offer this type of fue stemcell transplant.

What I can see the claims are the following;

- Because only part of the follicle is extracted, this allows for approx. 80% regrowth in donor while achieving same growth rate in recipient as regular FUE.

- Smaller punch is used (0.5-0.6mm). Therefore process is much faster, with less scarring, and no shock loss. Also less down time post op.

Are the statements true.

Meanwhile I have not been able to find documented cases of people undergone this surgery. 

I remember that in one of the many phone calls between me and Cinik's "client finder" (Umberto), to convince me, he told me that Cinik also did this type of intervention.  I never believed it, nor did I ever try to deepen it also because I had never read it anywhere on his website.  I can't prove it, because it was one of the many nonsense he told me on the phone and never anything in writing.

Anyway, in my opinion, it's a huge bullshit.

Edited by Egy

1 hour ago, kid said:

Upon more research i am seeing a few clinics (a few in Turkey and 1 in Dubai) which are claiming to offer this type of fue stemcell transplant.

What I can see the claims are the following;

- Because only part of the follicle is extracted, this allows for approx. 80% regrowth in donor while achieving same growth rate in recipient as regular FUE.

- Smaller punch is used (0.5-0.6mm). Therefore process is much faster, with less scarring, and no shock loss. Also less down time post op.

Are the statements true.

Meanwhile I have not been able to find documented cases of people undergone this surgery. 

Taking 80% of a follicle is also known as transaction which makes it unlikely the follicle will grow/regrow in both the donor and the recipient sites. People actually paying top dollar to have their follicles transacted now?🙄

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Taking 80% of a follicle is also known as transaction which makes it unlikely the follicle will grow/regrow in both the donor and the recipient sites. People actually paying top dollar to have their follicles transacted now?🙄

Just to be clear; the claim is that 80% of the extracted hairs from donor will end up growing back eventually post op >>> Not that they are extracting 80% of a follicle.

Just clarifing the claim.

1 minute ago, kid said:

Just to be clear; the claim is that 80% of the extracted hairs from donor will end up growing back eventually post op >>> Not that they are extracting 80% of a follicle.

Just clarifing the claim.

Nah I’ve read about this before, they do talk about taking part of the follicle and leaving part, that’s what separates it from standard FUE. This isn’t a good idea unless you like paying a premium for substandard results due to transacted grafts

• Administrators

I haven’t heard this doctors name in years. He claimed to regenerate hair, but really was just splitting hairs. Shocked people are still talking about him.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’ve had few patients who underwent one or more procedures there. I am not aware of any scientific evidence that remotely supports such claims. The growth seems to be very minimal and apparently the procedures are planned to move hairs over many sessions to achieve what can be normally done in one or two sessions. Anyway, we’ve had few patients who eventually realized how much more they can get by doing a typical procedure. I am waiting to follow up on one of those patients and I will share his results once I take proper photos. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

14 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I’ve had few patients who underwent one or more procedures there. I am not aware of any scientific evidence that remotely supports such claims. The growth seems to be very minimal and apparently the procedures are planned to move hairs over many sessions to achieve what can be normally done in one or two sessions. Anyway, we’ve had few patients who eventually realized how much more they can get by doing a typical procedure. I am waiting to follow up on one of those patients and I will share his results once I take proper photos. 

That would be interesting to see,

Thanks.

This doc gained some notoriety around 10 years ago with these claims.  He's said to have done Wesley Sneijder's HT.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
On 5/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Splitting hairs literally, quite sad

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 minutes ago, Westview said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  Have a look at his IG: https://www.instagram.com/wesleysneijder/?utm_source=ig_embed&hl=en

I 100000% disagree. I've always been eager to know who did snjeider's TP. For me, it's the best I have seen. Would love to know what other's think. Also can this be confirmed?

1 hour ago, 1978matt said:

This doc gained some notoriety around 10 years ago with these claims.  He's said to have done Wesley Sneijder's HT.

Can you confirm how sure are you if he really did snjeider? Because in that case there are completely contradicting opinions. Most saying he's a fraud, meanwhile he has done of of the best jobs I've seen. I've always thought if I could know who performed snjeider transplant that would be my dream choice.

35 minutes ago, kid said:

Can you confirm how sure are you if he really did snjeider? Because in that case there are completely contradicting opinions. Most saying he's a fraud, meanwhile he has done of of the best jobs I've seen. I've always thought if I could know who performed snjeider transplant that would be my dream choice.

Who knows, but that was what everyone was saying.  I think if he did he had no more than 1000FUE in the temples and mid scalp, probably using a small punch and well spread out extractions.  Potentially a good reaction to Fin on top of that.

Some photos (not below) also suggest SMP and concealer use.

Wesley SneijderPage 2 - Wesley Sneijder Netherlands Spain Soccer High Resolution Stock  Photography and Images - Alamy

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

2 hours ago, kid said:

I 100000% disagree. I've always been eager to know who did snjeider's TP. For me, it's the best I have seen. Would love to know what other's think. Also can this be confirmed?

Huh??  All he's got is stubble on his head, if he had such a great transplant then why doesnt he grow it longer.

For all we know he had SMP done

• Like 1

• Administrators

I thought Sneijder went to Villnow or De Reys in Germany. @Gasthoerer do you know?

View my thread