Discussion: In a sentence or two, what is the defintion of a 'superb' HT?

By nature, a HT result is entirely subjective, but you know a good one when you see it. I've had three procedures now. Hair loss has been an issue for me for about 12 years now, give or take.

About 1.5 years prior to getting my second procedure, I found myself spending a ridiculous amount of time getting ready. Between concealers and getting hair to look just right, it wasn't unusual for me to spend 30-40 minutes on my hair. It suckkkkkkeeeeedddd.  Shortening this daily ritual was a major catalyst in my decision to get a second HT.

To that end, my personal definition is "a superb HT is one where the person can get ready, in full confidence they look good, in five minutes or less."

If the person feels good about how they look, then that's all that matters, right?

• Like 2

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

A superb HT to me gives you confidence. But technically, an HT that provides a natural boost of fullness in an area that he no hair or was severely thinning. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking at MAJORITY of people that get HT, Id say that not getting butchered is pretty good. The most immportant things a good surgeon can offer are:

- donor preservation

- well designed hairline

- natural hair angulation

- lack of scarring in recipient area

All of the above puts you already in top 70% of patients, doesnt matter how many hair actually grows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

Looking at MAJORITY of people that get HT, Id say that not getting butchered is pretty good. The most immportant things a good surgeon can offer are:

- donor preservation

- well designed hairline

- natural hair angulation

- lack of scarring in recipient area

All of the above puts you already in top 70% of patients, doesnt matter how many hair actually grows.

I feel like not getting butchered is more the baseline expectation if you go to a reputable doctor/clinic

• 2 weeks later...

So many great answers here and I agree with what has been written. To me personally, I think a superb result is when I look at the person and see a remarkable change that is not only due to his hair growing out. I see faces changing, smiles , confidence levels, better figures. When I see this I know that the transplant filled more than a balding area. 
I always like to hear when patients say that their friends are families are telling them that something changed and looks better but that they can’t say what it is exactly. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram