Dr. Rahal - 2,401 FUE NW2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Man I really hope I get a similar result to this man!

Where do you get your CB and/or RU45881 from? 

How do you apply it as well? How are you managing to apply it between the transplanted and non transplant hairs? 

I never used CB for more than a week; it was far too expensive and the results weren't convincing enough. 

I've recently added Xyon's topical dut, so for the time being I've stopped taking RU just to give topical dut an early assessment. Otherwise I applied RU at small dosages, 5-10mg per application (0.05 - 1 %) and went as high as 25mg for a few months last year. The "standard" dosage across anecdotes is 50mg, but maintaining finasteride I didn't see a point in using higher doses of 50+. 

I purchased prolpyene glycol from amazon, should be fairly available in most places, and then being in Ontario with stringent liquor board monopoly bs, I had to order 96% ethanol from Alberta that took some time to get to me. Anyway if you have the powder, PG and ethanol, its fairly simple to put together. You get to control the amount of vehicle per application doing it yourslef, so I would make each application 1.5 ml so that I can spread the drops evenly across the top. 

I'm gonna stop there as everything up until now has been my personal experience, dm me if you need anything else 

Edited by TorontoMan

Your density is perfect , it’s genuinely one of the best results on here in recent years. 

Without seeing your full facial proportions it’s difficult to assess - however given your solid regime and the unlikely nature of your balding worsening to an irretrievable state, are you tempted, or do you feel a few hundred grafts in each of your temples benefit you in anyway? 

I ask, because I’m in a similar dilemma. 

Excuse the very rough design drawing, obviously you’d opt for a more aesthetic design. 😂

836BCF0F-6D5B-4887-AA3B-502D5D12937E.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Your density is perfect , it’s genuinely one of the best results on here in recent years. 

Without seeing your full facial proportions it’s difficult to assess - however given your solid regime and the unlikely nature of your balding worsening to an irretrievable state, are you tempted, or do you feel a few hundred grafts in each of your temples benefit you in anyway? 

I ask, because I’m in a similar dilemma. 

Excuse the very rough design drawing, obviously you’d opt for a more aesthetic design. 😂

836BCF0F-6D5B-4887-AA3B-502D5D12937E.jpeg

Truthfully I've never put much thought into that. My temple points are definitely rounded and a little receded, but it doesn't bother me enough to intervene. Yeah and as you know about me I'm more fixated now in preventing and delaying any potential surgery again because while my result came out great, it did take up a decent amount of grafts to recover the hairline so I'd rather leave more in the tank for in behind the hairline/mid scalp or crown. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I agree that Toronto Man's results are phenomenal...very typical of Dr. Rahal's results in my opinion.  Obviously, results vary even at our clinic as each patient's circumstances and physiology varies.  But one thing remains true for sure.  Dr. Rahal's skill and experience can't be beat, either can his results.

As for why Toronto Man didn't undergo any temple work, I'll let him chime in as I wasn't directly involved in the discussion of his procedure.  My guess is that he chose to use what donor hair he had available at the time of the procedure for density.  If he has the donor for it, he can always go back for temple work if he wants it, but i agree he certainly doesn't need it.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:39 AM, RTC said:

One of the best results I've ever seen. I do feel temples would make this phenomenal

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

I agree that Toronto Man's results are phenomenal...very typical of Dr. Rahal's results in my opinion.  Obviously, results vary even at our clinic as each patient's circumstances and physiology varies.  But one thing remains true for sure.  Dr. Rahal's skill and experience can't be beat, either can his results.

As for why Toronto Man didn't undergo any temple work, I'll let him chime in as I wasn't directly involved in the discussion of his procedure.  My guess is that he chose to use what donor hair he had available at the time of the procedure for density.  If he has the donor for it, he can always go back for temple work if he wants it, but i agree he certainly doesn't need it.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you gents for the kind feedback, definitely still satisfied with the work. In all honesty the temples weren't something I though about much at all going into it and I'm not sure why, I never addressed the issue to Dr. Rahal either. I'm turning 31 soon and while I don't think I'm old by any means, I think maybe it passes as slightly age appropriate for me. At the least my hairline is back and the temples are a small point in comparison, but like you mentioned it could be something that I visit in the future if I have to do another procedure down the line, I think however my priority would remain keeping more density throughout the scalp rather than worry about the temple points. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, TorontoMan said:

Microneedling - 1.5mm 1x a week, no topicals for 24 hours after session. 

- I use Dr. Pen microneedling device 
- Apply it all over my scalp other than my recipient area for the time being. 
- Takes me around 10 minutes, and I rather enjoy it oddly enough its therapeutic for me 

Fantastic result. If you ever come back -- did you use microneedling during recovery as well?

How about the rest of your regimen? CB, dut, minox other topicals etc. When did you restart after surgery?

On 11/15/2023 at 11:02 PM, mxnprettynice said:

I agree @consequence 

If you didn't know, microneedeling helped @TorontoMan case as well. 

To be honest, sometimes I revisit this thread and comparing my results month by month dreaming to end up with results like his

Yeah, seriously.

It's interesting that he didn't use topicals for 24 hours after microneedling as opposed to minoxidil right afterwards. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 11:29 AM, consequence said:

Fantastic result. If you ever come back -- did you use microneedling during recovery as well?

How about the rest of your regimen? CB, dut, minox other topicals etc. When did you restart after surgery?

Hey , thank you both for the kind words @mxnprettynice

As for my regimen, I always remained on fin. Dr. Rahal asked me to stop taking topical min 1 month before surgery, and advised that I don't continue until about a month after. 

1 month post surgery I restarted applying topical min and microneedling, but I was not microneedling the recipient, only the mid scalp and crown. (1.25 depth for about 5 mins, I would never go crazy with microneedling). 

Today my regimen is similar, 1mg of fin, 2.5 mg of Oral minoxidil in the evening, and for the last year, I've been applying RU at 2% in the am. I haven't been microneedling because I just sort of seemed to forget about it all together. I might try to include it a bit in the new year. 

I used xyon's topical dut throughout the year as well once or twice a week, but didn't find any consistency with it, and im not sure yet if I will continue it into the future, its rather pricey and I'm not sure if its adding any efficacy. 

As for CB, I don't think there's anything to it, it hasn't proven to have any efficacy.