Dr. Rahal - 2,401 FUE NW2

• Administrators
On 5/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, TorontoMan said:

Got a hold of the barber I use to go to before the lockdowns and got a great haircut from him. This is now 8 months, at this point I assume that all of the hairs that were suppose to grow in have and they should be maturing more as time progresses. When my sides are kept at a one clip I'm very happy with the appearance of the donor area. I stayed quiet about my transplant to my barber and I don't think he was able to notice anything, I think when I hit the 12 month mark I'll tell him and test his reaction. My current prevention regimen is 1mg Fin, 2.5 mg oral min & 1x 5% rogaine foam, once weekly microneedling at 1.5mm depth, and nizarol once a week, I believe my hair is stable on this, and this is what I'll stick to May - September. I'm considering my options with a topical AA (fluridil, CB, RU) and potentially once weekly topical dutasteride after the summer. For the time being I just want to go into the next 4 months and enjoy the weather, keep my mind off my hair and stay productive and start getting in shape. Now more than ever I've realized my mood is a direct reflection of my activity level so my goal is to improve that aspect of my life as well. I hope everyone is striving to find a balance in their lives 👊

AEF0F9D1-D399-4A84-9389-120AC39ADA0F.thumb.jpeg.95a4b7da4e2b194e41e16e7e1d8e1c5d.jpeg

0261C94C-1AF7-4FA5-A08F-2EA50B9BA99B.thumb.jpeg.d0632aae4380b9ab4c7597c068d81405.jpeg

IMG_0206.thumb.png.364061a2ef87e014c4ce428dc13aa75d.png

Wow I don’t know what I’d do if I woke up and hair like that, you are living the dream!

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Doesn't hurt to be on the safe side I guess, and I'm not sure of your family history, but there's no way I could deal with all of that unless it was absolutely necessary. Gotta say Clascoterone is pretty interesting though, even just as an acne cream (I have excess sebum production).

I was on fin for 6 months and now dut for 18 months. Seem to have maintained over these past 2 years though it would be difficult to tell by eye even if I did have +/- 10% changes. Ideally I'd have had someone like Dr. Lorenzo analyze my hair microscopically and put it in his calculator. Dr. Rassman also has an interesting tool that measures hair bulk. How do you track your progress to know what's working?

Until now its been visual tbh, but I realize its not the most strategic approach so I'm considering buying a hair catcher. However, it may be senseless if I choose not to go with a topical AA, because finasteride will remain at the core of the regimen regardless. CB is interesting but cost prohibitive and we dont know yet how effect if it is. Hopefully more data is released soon. I don't think adding a mild topical AA like fluridil or cb is too much of a hassle. What made you switch from fin to duta, and how often are you using duta? 

7 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Until now its been visual tbh, but I realize its not the most strategic approach so I'm considering buying a hair catcher. However, it may be senseless if I choose not to go with a topical AA, because finasteride will remain at the core of the regimen regardless. CB is interesting but cost prohibitive and we dont know yet how effect if it is. Hopefully more data is released soon. I don't think adding a mild topical AA like fluridil or cb is too much of a hassle. What made you switch from fin to duta, and how often are you using duta? 

I'm taking 0.5mg/day. I switched over because the available studies seem to show better efficacy while having similar rates of side effects. I understand there aren't as many studies and especially none as long term as fin, but it seems to be well established that it works better and I'm willing to take the slight risk I guess. No side effects from either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Btw Rahal also measures the hair shaft diameter, right? What is yours? Don't think I saw it in your OP. That might add a bit more color to your results.

I believe it was around 55 microns, my hair is not very thick, more of a medium caliber. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, TorontoMan said:

Got a hold of the barber I use to go to before the lockdowns and got a great haircut from him. This is now 8 months, at this point I assume that all of the hairs that were suppose to grow in have and they should be maturing more as time progresses. When my sides are kept at a one clip I'm very happy with the appearance of the donor area. I stayed quiet about my transplant to my barber and I don't think he was able to notice anything, I think when I hit the 12 month mark I'll tell him and test his reaction. My current prevention regimen is 1mg Fin, 2.5 mg oral min & 1x 5% rogaine foam, once weekly microneedling at 1.5mm depth, and nizarol once a week, I believe my hair is stable on this, and this is what I'll stick to May - September. I'm considering my options with a topical AA (fluridil, CB, RU) and potentially once weekly topical dutasteride after the summer. For the time being I just want to go into the next 4 months and enjoy the weather, keep my mind off my hair and stay productive and start getting in shape. Now more than ever I've realized my mood is a direct reflection of my activity level so my goal is to improve that aspect of my life as well. I hope everyone is striving to find a balance in their lives 👊

AEF0F9D1-D399-4A84-9389-120AC39ADA0F.thumb.jpeg.95a4b7da4e2b194e41e16e7e1d8e1c5d.jpeg

0261C94C-1AF7-4FA5-A08F-2EA50B9BA99B.thumb.jpeg.d0632aae4380b9ab4c7597c068d81405.jpeg

IMG_0206.thumb.png.364061a2ef87e014c4ce428dc13aa75d.png

One of the best results I've seen. That hair

20210507_052359.jpg

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• 4 weeks later...

9 month update. At this point I think the result is more or less apparent and I dont need update monthly, I’ll do one more at the 12 month mark. Still hoping for some maturing but the result is overall very natural. 

B6647DCC-9FC4-4380-B534-862E3347CF27.jpeg.eaf04ea88cd776d00791debedc096eef.jpegDDB9772E-AE35-47E0-967F-DE18F69934D4.jpeg.a3e54f04f373f823c26ff497fa52e149.jpeg4A299221-2297-4277-8409-0A9107C9A53F.jpeg.dec7a792816641acb8671ffd5515847e.jpeg12AD7D6C-7465-4443-B9A7-68CCB58A1906.jpeg.8bfac1758467f6426c1deac1828e8072.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Definitely one of, if not the best result I have ever seen 🤩 from this point it will just be further enhancement/maturing of the hairs 🙏

Thank you John. Yeah I've read that it could take up to 18 months for these hairs to fully mature, atm they dont behave exactly like the rest of my hair, but i think itll come with time. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Damn you have some of the thickest hair I’ve ever seen! Happy for you man, the times you worried about hair are way behind you now.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Damn you have some of the thickest hair I’ve ever seen! Happy for you man, the times you worried about hair are way behind you now.

I appreciate your support Melvin, in fact it was a big part of me being here now.

Speaking of support, just quickly for everyone else viewing my thread:

Admittedly, I still allow my hair loss to occupy my mind a lot and it induces a lot of anxiety from time to time. I started treatment with a therapist to help me identify this as a trauma and to help me learn to deal with it correctly. I've only seen him on 3 occasions and hes already helped me get into a better state of mind, and I've already noticed myself building confidence back and enjoying things more in my life. If you have the ability to speak to someone, I strongly encourage it. It isn't lame, it doesnt make you weak to seek help, it will build you back up stronger. 

Please don't undermine your mental health pursuing this. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Hey buddy, results are looking terrific. Still more to come too, that's going to be the cherry on top. Donor looks thick and bountiful too.

Keep on keeping on!

Thank you bro 👊🏻

• Administrators
On 6/7/2021 at 9:45 AM, TorontoMan said:

I appreciate your support Melvin, in fact it was a big part of me being here now.

Admittedly, I still allow my hair loss to occupy my mind a lot and it induces a lot of anxiety from time to time. I started treatment with a therapist to help me identify this as a trauma and to help me learn to deal with it correctly. I've only seen him on 3 occasions and hes already helped me get into a better state of mind, and I've already noticed myself building confidence back and enjoying things more in my life. If you have the ability to speak to someone, I strongly encourage it. It isn't lame, it doesnt make you weak to seek help, it will build you back up stronger. 

I love this post man, absolutely beautiful. Honestly, a lot of the issued we have go far deeper than hair loss. That’s just something that we see right away. I do believe mental health is so important. Nothing wrong with seeing a therapist. In fact, if more people did, the world would be a better place.

• Like 3

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
On 6/8/2021 at 2:45 AM, TorontoMan said:

Well said @TorontoMan I had two butchered hair transplants when I was 18! It was a lot to deal with going to College and the plastic surgery to remove the 'dolls hair plugs' covered the next 6 years of my life. I also saw a therapist and it made a huge improvement to my mental health at the time. But one's situation doesn't have to be that traumatic to benefit from seeing a therapist when dealing with MPB. Your health is your wealth and more so when it comes to mental health. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, TorontoMan said:

9 month update. At this point I think the result is more or less apparent and I dont need update monthly, I’ll do one more at the 12 month mark. Still hoping for some maturing but the result is overall very natural. 

B6647DCC-9FC4-4380-B534-862E3347CF27.jpeg.eaf04ea88cd776d00791debedc096eef.jpegDDB9772E-AE35-47E0-967F-DE18F69934D4.jpeg.a3e54f04f373f823c26ff497fa52e149.jpeg4A299221-2297-4277-8409-0A9107C9A53F.jpeg.dec7a792816641acb8671ffd5515847e.jpeg12AD7D6C-7465-4443-B9A7-68CCB58A1906.jpeg.8bfac1758467f6426c1deac1828e8072.jpeg

Wow! Look at you! 

That donor looks fantastic and your haircut, LOVE IT 😍

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Well said @TorontoMan I had two butchered hair transplants when I was 18! It was a lot to deal with going to College and the plastic surgery to remove the 'dolls hair plugs' covered the next 6 years of my life. I also saw a therapist and it made a huge improvement to my mental health at the time. But one's situation doesn't have to be that traumatic to benefit from seeing a therapist when dealing with MPB. Your health is your wealth and more so when it comes to mental health. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I've read your story and you've been through hell of a lot. Its such a privilege to have guys like you still share their experiences. Yes health and wealth, nothing else really should matter as much. Thank you for the support. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:29 PM, JP28 said:

@TorontoMan looks greats man, when did you start micro-needling after your HT?

Thanks  

Thank you! I think I waited about a month and a half to do the rest of my head other than the recipient. I didn’t needle the recipient until 3 months. Just personal choice and also paranoia. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, johnto said:

Does Rahal use a motorized punch for fue? Also does anyone know if it's the WAW system or some other system?

I’m not sure brother, you could email the clinic and you’ll get the answer quickly 

3 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Thank you! I think I waited about a month and a half to do the rest of my head other than the recipient. I didn’t needle the recipient until 3 months. Just personal choice and also paranoia. 

Thanks for the answer!

I’ll probably restart very soon then, I’m a bit like you “paranoid” particularly cause I’m 3 months post HT so I might wait for most of it to be out.