Dr. Rahal - 2,401 FUE NW2

7 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

If you just apply the oils on your head, most of it will start dripping down which will make it hard to sit up with in it in your hair or even lay down. The egg yolk binds them all together and it hardens a little bit on your hair and you get a lot less dripping around. I would still recommend a hair cap and towel around your head to stop dripping. 

And yeah I crack one egg and pour out the egg white and leave just the yolk, drop it into a bowl with all the other oils and use a fork or w.e you have to mix it all up. It doesn't take long 

Lol thanks for reply I have never heard of this lololll, what’s the benefits ? Also how many times a week, washing it out must be a nightmare lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, darren smith said:

Lol thanks for reply I have never heard of this lololll, what’s the benefits ? Also how many times a week, washing it out must be a nightmare lol

I mainly have to do it in the winter here in Canada because my scalp feels dry. As I said earlier, its not to treat MPB, its just to moisturize your scalp and hair, thats all. When I do feel my scalp is itchy or dry, from the weather and the topicals I apply, I start to include this hair mask say every sunday night, I leave it in for 2-3 hours and wash it out the same night. Not too much of a commitment 

• 2 weeks later...

Regimen Update: 

I'm posting my blood work before and after one year of 1mg finasteride use as I believe its interesting/beneficial for a lot of ppl to see.a50bc658-a318-4346-b1f2-05393b41f40d.thumb.jpeg.30e8a5d64903afd0dd66b71aac372f81.jpeg

As you should expect finasteride usage spikes your free T and estrogen levels on average 10-15% from what I've read. Interestingly for myself I got a massive spike in T, a general spike in estrogen, and my DHT dropped 40%. Another thing to note is that my SHBG dropped 22% as well which could explain the increase in free T as well. 

The important thing to note for hair is while my DHT dropped 40%, its not the 60-70% drop on average. My DHT is still in a very normal range and this is one of the reasons I decided a topical Anti androgen like RU is necessary for me to tackle high T levels in the scalp and the DHT as well. Currently I'm 6 weeks on 3% RU on top of fin and 2.5mg of oral min and doing fine. I'll go for more blood work sometime in Feburary to see if anything has changed and guage it from there. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

D4006579-0B0F-4AF5-B942-08803AA88871.thumb.jpeg.642ffb09ec3135c8ee855f0ceed9cc0a.jpeg

15 month update 

Bro you got me here feeling jelly af 😬

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Bro you got me here feeling jelly af 😬

I’m very grateful for the result

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

One of the best ever. 

How you enjoying oral min? Noticed anything? 

I can’t tell much difference other than that I feel ive been maintaining on fin, min and recently ru. 

I tolerate oral min well at 2.5mg so will continue forward With it. Might consider moving to 5mg one day but I’m not sure it’s necessary, but I’ll see 

Pretty crazy how 55 FU/cm2 is all you need for the appearance of density. I'm pretty jealous of your result man, it looks amazing. I'm pretty nervous for my own transplant since I'm booked for May with Dr. De Freitas. How did you get over the jitters?

2 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

Pretty crazy how 55 FU/cm2 is all you need for the appearance of density. I'm pretty jealous of your result man, it looks amazing. I'm pretty nervous for my own transplant since I'm booked for May with Dr. De Freitas. How did you get over the jitters?

Congrats man thats a good pick from what I've seen. Leading up to my surgery it was def a bit tough to wrap my head around what was about to happen and it was very real the night before when I was staying in the guesthouse and stood in the shower for like 45 minutes at 3am trying to understand what I was getting myself into lmao. 

My jitters sort of went away when I realized how privileged I was to even have the opportunity to go through this process. Certainly my father never had the opportunity, nor any man just 30 years before us. Hair loss sucks but its pretty common for most men, I realize now that hair transplant surgery might be a thing that in about 10 years every like third guy you know will have done. I actually recently realized that a colleague of mine had a ht and prior to knowing I was envious of his hair. 

Fundamentally the surgery is sound. When you go to a good clinic, you're buying into the repetition of the doctor and his staff. After-all these doctors and their teams perform about two of these every day for many years, in the case of Dr. Rahal for me, I realized that he had been doing this for almost as long as I have been alive. You have to put your trust in their specially and trust that things will work out. 

So anyway my mindset shifted from feeling sorry for myself and thinking how this could be something that is happening to me to feeling pretty grateful that we have options we could explore as opposed to cluelessly watching it all fade away. We have enough tools at our disposal to stave off loss and correct some thats already happened, and this will hold us to an age where we will likely care less about it anyway. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Congrats man thats a good pick from what I've seen. Leading up to my surgery it was def a bit tough to wrap my head around what was about to happen and it was very real the night before when I was staying in the guesthouse and stood in the shower for like 45 minutes at 3am trying to understand what I was getting myself into lmao. 

My jitters sort of went away when I realized how privileged I was to even have the opportunity to go through this process. Certainly my father never had the opportunity, nor any man just 30 years before us. Hair loss sucks but its pretty common for most men, I realize now that hair transplant surgery might be a thing that in about 10 years every like third guy you know will have done. I actually recently realized that a colleague of mine had a ht and prior to knowing I was envious of his hair. 

Fundamentally the surgery is sound. When you go to a good clinic, you're buying into the repetition of the doctor and his staff. After-all these doctors and their teams perform about two of these every day for many years, in the case of Dr. Rahal for me, I realized that he had been doing this for almost as long as I have been alive. You have to put your trust in their specially and trust that things will work out. 

So anyway my mindset shifted from feeling sorry for myself and thinking how this could be something that is happening to me to feeling pretty grateful that we have options we could explore as opposed to cluelessly watching it all fade away. We have enough tools at our disposal to stave off loss and correct some thats already happened, and this will hold us to an age where we will likely care less about it anyway. 

Yeah I definitely feel you about how common it is. Every time I go outside, it seems like half the guys are bald or receding so I feel pretty lucky to be able to get a transplant and get on AAs. I'm pretty hopeful about Dr. De Freitas since Adam87 and BjornBorg both got really solid results from Dr. De Freitas and I'd honestly love to go back to not worrying about my hairline anymore. 

But man, I'm like 6 months away and I haven't done a single thing to prepare lol. I'm just dragging my feet on preparing. No flights, no hotels, no passport and no AAs though I've done some research on it all. I've kinda just been putting off pulling the trigger on topical dut. It's just making me feel a bit nervous too cause I feel like I should be taking an AA before getting a transplant especially since Dr. De Freitas wants his patients to be taking something before they get a transplant... I feel okay about topical dut since Dr. Hasson and Dr. Mwamba have both said good things about it though I still have to pull the trigger. Any chance you're (planning on) taking topical dut by the way? Did you hear about Dr. Hasson's planned formulation?

I just want to be done with it all so I can look sharp for my friends wedding lol. I got a really solid suit from suit supply and the drape on it is incredible + it's like the only suit where my chest doesn't make the lapels pop out. I can't wait for it. I already know my friend is gonna be wearing some basketball shorts under his suit lmao. Dude is probably ready to ball at any moment

Btw, are people going back to work in the office these days in Toronto? I'm personally WFH still since my company can get everything done remotely but I heard other people are only back maybe a couple days a week but not full time. I could've swore I saw you post somewhere that you're in school. Did you get a job downtown? If so, congrats man. 

15 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

So anyway my mindset shifted from feeling sorry for myself and thinking how this could be something that is happening to me to feeling pretty grateful that we have options we could explore as opposed to cluelessly watching it all fade away

Best mantra to hold in this game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Yeah I definitely feel you about how common it is. Every time I go outside, it seems like half the guys are bald or receding so I feel pretty lucky to be able to get a transplant and get on AAs. I'm pretty hopeful about Dr. De Freitas since Adam87 and BjornBorg both got really solid results from Dr. De Freitas and I'd honestly love to go back to not worrying about my hairline anymore. 

But man, I'm like 6 months away and I haven't done a single thing to prepare lol. I'm just dragging my feet on preparing. No flights, no hotels, no passport and no AAs though I've done some research on it all. I've kinda just been putting off pulling the trigger on topical dut. It's just making me feel a bit nervous too cause I feel like I should be taking an AA before getting a transplant especially since Dr. De Freitas wants his patients to be taking something before they get a transplant... I feel okay about topical dut since Dr. Hasson and Dr. Mwamba have both said good things about it though I still have to pull the trigger. Any chance you're (planning on) taking topical dut by the way? Did you hear about Dr. Hasson's planned formulation?

I just want to be done with it all so I can look sharp for my friends wedding lol. I got a really solid suit from suit supply and the drape on it is incredible + it's like the only suit where my chest doesn't make the lapels pop out. I can't wait for it. I already know my friend is gonna be wearing some basketball shorts under his suit lmao. Dude is probably ready to ball at any moment

Btw, are people going back to work in the office these days in Toronto? I'm personally WFH still since my company can get everything done remotely but I heard other people are only back maybe a couple days a week but not full time. I could've swore I saw you post somewhere that you're in school. Did you get a job downtown? If so, congrats man. 

Yes I’ve ordered dutasteride powder and will likely make my own formulation and test it in the new year, but may only add it once a week on top of my current regimen. I saw Melvin had a chat with dr. Hasson so looking forward to catching what he said about their product. 

in terms of preparing yourself, getting yourself sorted with flights and all that isn’t too hard, just do ahead of time and save yourself money and nerves thinking about it. I would limit the amount of time you spend on here and other forums, not that this site is bad, but the more mindshare this consumes the more anxious you’ll be. Most the work you’ve already done, educated yourself on what hair loss is, meds and restoration opportunities and you’ve found a good doc. So now just trust the process.

I was in school when I had my surgery, and this year I began working. My work is a hybrid so I’m in most days but chose to stay home once in a while 

• Like 1

• Administrators

We all go through moments of uncertainty, and I remember talking to @TorontoMan via pm a few times. It’s the beauty of this community. I did it, we all do it, and then were in a position to help the next guy get through it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Best mantra to hold in this game 

Hair loss is the only thing I ever wonder "why me" about. With almost everything else, I'm fantastic at just looking forward and soldiering on. Might be my GF rubbing off on me cause she's always saying stuff like "it's not fair I don't deserve this" if one of her coworkers says something mean to her lol. 

For me, I usually just take a step back and think how lucky I am and focus on the good things in my life. Pretty blessed in all areas of my life. Good job, great gf, supportive family, financially stable enough to pay for an HT out of pocket without having to worry about next months rent etc etc. 

58 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Yes I’ve ordered dutasteride powder and will likely make my own formulation and test it in the new year, but may only add it once a week on top of my current regimen. I saw Melvin had a chat with dr. Hasson so looking forward to catching what he said about their product. 

in terms of preparing yourself, getting yourself sorted with flights and all that isn’t too hard, just do ahead of time and save yourself money and nerves thinking about it. I would limit the amount of time you spend on here and other forums, not that this site is bad, but the more mindshare this consumes the more anxious you’ll be. Most the work you’ve already done, educated yourself on what hair loss is, meds and restoration opportunities and you’ve found a good doc. So now just trust the process.

I was in school when I had my surgery, and this year I began working. My work is a hybrid so I’m in most days but chose to stay home once in a while 

Yeah you should definitely check out Dr. Hasson's live chat. It's one of the more exciting ones that I've watched. A big part of the chat was to promote his new topical dutasteride formulation which he's been testing I think for a couple years. Supposedly coming out sometime in 2022 iirc. They're just testing the dosage recommendations now. 

I wish I could just put it out of mind. I've still gotta do a ton of things... I probably have to talk to a derm soon too since I'm worried I might have seb dermatitis or scalp psoriasis. I get pretty bad dandruff if I don't wash my hair daily. Do you have a derm recommendation from around Toronto for hair loss? I'm gonna see if I can take care of the dandruff soon then I can relax and look forward to a month or two in Spain. Gonna get fat off Tapas. Supposedly the culture there, they give you a free tapa (?) with your first drink so people there just barhop the whole night so that the tapa supply never runs dry. My kinda people lmao.

And congrats on the job. I guess everything is opening up again which is nice to see in Toronto. You working downtown?

3 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

Supposedly the culture there, they give you a free tapa (?) with your first drink

This is in Granada - where pretty much every bar serves you a tapa per drink you order. 

There are other bars across Spain that also adopt this, however few and far between, whereas in Granada, its pretty much every bar in the city. 

How come you're staying in Spain for 2 months? Just to get some good RnR in after your surgery, and work remotely? Sounds a great plan 

7 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

This is in Granada - where pretty much every bar serves you a tapa per drink you order. 

There are other bars across Spain that also adopt this, however few and far between, whereas in Granada, its pretty much every bar in the city. 

How come you're staying in Spain for 2 months? Just to get some good RnR in after your surgery, and work remotely? Sounds a great plan 

Yeah I'm WFH indefinitely at this point and hoard vacation/sick days like crazy so I've seriously been considering staying there til they kick me out. With my company transitioning to more of a WFH situation, I could probably live a digital nomad lifestyle for a bit while making a first world country salary

• Like 1

@deeznuts 
Dr. Tiffany Chen
1448 Lawrence Street East 
Suite 302
416 750 8400

Thats the dermatologist who prescribed me oral min, but I should mention I never met her in person we only consulted over the phone. She knew enough about hair loss to my surprise and she could feel that I had done enough research so felt okay prescribing it to me. 

If its any consolation for you, I hardly think about my hair and taking meds now a days. I have for the most part accepted the trade-offs and understand the risk to reward for myself. I think its a matter of having "time in the market" & I believe that there is a similar learning curve that most of us take when we start this journey. Everyone goes through the same discovery phase, which involved finally realizing your hair is going, going through an insane amount of google searches and reading all sorts of shit, to learning about finasteride and then juggling the idea in you mind and reading a thousand anecdotes before you decide to try it yourself, to endlessly lookking at ht results and so on. Unfortunately everyone goes through this shit, its almost like you have to put your time in, and at the other side of a good hair transplant and comfort taking meds is a more peaceful place i promise lol (at least from my experience so far). But behind all the trauma is also a realization that we often in our early 20s live life as if we are invincible and that things cannot happen to us. I use to look at bald men and never wonder how they even got to that point, I just assumed it would never be something that would happen to me because my ego wouldn't allow it. So a little bit of this realization and ego death is a good thing. and yeah to your orginal point, I have a fairly large group of guy friends, out of 7 of us only 1 shows very little signs of hair loss, the rest of us are experiencing it to some degree, and three of us have had transplants lol. So its common, and you're not a victim. Either way there are truly more important things, I have 2 bald friends who are very succesful and great dudes and are happier than most of us, its just fucking perspective. Just fucking get out there, and work on building a career/business/wealth and take care of your body. LFG 

• Like 1

TorontoMan,

Thank you for posting and sharing a detailed account of your hair transplant procedure and journey with Dr. Rahal.  Your results look outstanding. I bet you’re pretty ecstatic? I’d love to see some more detailed photos showing a close-up of the hairline if you are able to do that. Dr. Rahal is exceptional at creating dense and natural looking hairlines and I’m sure close-ups will help others truly appreciate your result.

Congratulations again and I look forward to seeing more photos.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

5 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

TorontoMan,

Thank you for posting and sharing a detailed account of your hair transplant procedure and journey with Dr. Rahal.  Your results look outstanding. I bet you’re pretty ecstatic? I’d love to see some more detailed photos showing a close-up of the hairline if you are able to do that. Dr. Rahal is exceptional at creating dense and natural looking hairlines and I’m sure close-ups will help others truly appreciate your result.

Congratulations again and I look forward to seeing more photos.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Hey, 

Thank you, I'm definitely pleased with it. I came in a few weeks ago to take some photos with your media guy and I don't mind them being shared here on your account as long as my identity remains anonymous. 

Thank you guys 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Hey, 

Thank you, I'm definitely pleased with it. I came in a few weeks ago to take some photos with your media guy and I don't mind them being shared here on your account as long as my identity remains anonymous. 

Thank you guys 

Would love to see those pictures here. 

View my thread

Great result.

OP how do you use derma roller/pen?

I've only been applying it to my temples and they are always red for a few days after. 

Also did you experience a shed on oral minoxidil? I'm thinking about hopping on but I am nervous about the shed as well as the fact that I wasn't a responder to topical minoxidil. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Hey, 

Thank you guys 

TorontoMan,

i’ve sent you a PM so we can coordinate the details. Congrats once again. 

RahalHairTransplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

11 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Great result.

OP how do you use derma roller/pen?

I've only been applying it to my temples and they are always red for a few days after. 

Also did you experience a shed on oral minoxidil? I'm thinking about hopping on but I am nervous about the shed as well as the fact that I wasn't a responder to topical minoxidil. 

Hey thanks mate. I use the Dr. Pen microneedle set to 1.5 mm and I start from the back, bottom end of my crown and make my way to the front of my scalp. I always do it after a shower so that my scalp is loosened up a bit and my hair is wet so its easier to go over with the pen. I typically 'peck' the microneedle down into an area and move through my entire scalp that way. When you press down the in each individual spot rather than go across in circles, I feel like you were wounding more efficiently although it may hurt a bit more. I never really over do it, i may sometimes reduce the depth and go over my scalp quickly once more after I feel I've covered everything the first time, but thats it. It generally takes me 5 minutes. Imo more is not necessarily better as we like to think with most things, I just try to do it efficiently and make sure that aim is to wound the skin not damage it. I microneedle bi-weekly and always clean the needles with some alcohol before and after use and after wounding & I wait two days to apply any sort of topical. 

As for OM, I've been on 2.5 mg since May and I've been doing fine on it. I don't recall a drastic shed though there may have been a slight one, but I didn't pay much attention to it. You're more likley to be a responder on OM than topical. 

Edited by TorontoMan