Topical finasteride

Hey. It is not as effective as the pill but it can be helpful. You can place an order on info@farmaciaparati.it after you send them a prescription. We also have topical finasteride available in India but apparently liquid material cannot be couriered. .

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Topical finasteride works and has been peer reviewed:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

You can search for it online and eBay has it as well. I use the topical finasteride/minoxidil combo myself

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You can search for it online and eBay has it as well. I use the topical finasteride/minoxidil combo myself

Does it regrow hair like the pill form? And no sexual side effects?

3 minutes ago, James C said:

Does it regrow hair like the pill form? And no sexual side effects?

Yes, it arrests hair loss and spurs hair to go into the growth phase. The chances of side effects are essentially zero since it's not absorbed systemically like the pill

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Yes, it arrests hair loss and spurs hair to go into the growth phase. The chances of side effects are essentially zero since it's not absorbed systemically like the pill

Excellent. Dr Carlos Wesley sells a mix of 0.04% Dutasteride, 0.1% Finasteride, 6% Minoxidil, Retinol & 0.1% Caffeine. as well as just 0.5% finasteride spray. Which one do you think i should try?

• Like 1

Get the mix. You want the most potency obviously. Check eBay too. There is combo finasteride/minoxidil sprays 5% (Morr F is the brand)

On 9/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, James C said:

Excellent. Dr Carlos Wesley sells a mix of 0.04% Dutasteride, 0.1% Finasteride, 6% Minoxidil, Retinol & 0.1% Caffeine. as well as just 0.5% finasteride spray. Which one do you think i should try?

I'm going to inquire about this. Been wanting to try out the topical so I can stop taking the pill. He's in NY so this post is very valuable to me lol thanks. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

Anyone know a UK source other than minoxidil max?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

On 9/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Can you sum this link up in a pill vs topical reply? lol 

I get this from Belgium, I ordered some last week and it came in a few days. Using this for over a year and results are great. I’m advised to use topical as minimises side effects. Also was told to use monoxidil pills which I have added to my regime 

On 9/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, Shifty said:

Can you sum this link up in a pill vs topical reply? lol 

Sure, basically it stops hair loss and lowers DHT levels and has virtually no systemic side effects. 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:58 AM, Marco Van Basten said:

This is what I use and it works well. Just get it from a reputable seller. Lots of knock offs out there.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

This is what I use and it works well. Just get it from a reputable seller. Lots of knock offs out there.

I get this but is it as effective and if not how large of a difference has been noted. I take regular fin now started doing every other day. But obviously the no sides or less sides is a huge selling point for the long haul especially considering I am doing every 2 days as opposed to every day. Should be noted I have been taking Fin for 2 years this month. 

10 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I get this but is it as effective and if not how large of a difference has been noted. I take regular fin now started doing every other day. But obviously the no sides or less sides is a huge selling point for the long haul especially considering I am doing every 2 days as opposed to every day. Should be noted I have been taking Fin for 2 years this month. 

Topical is as effective as oral. See this study:

http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?dv09011

This is the only study I've found comparing the efficacy between the two. I'm surprised at the lack of studies on this tbh

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Topical is as effective as oral. See this study:

http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?dv09011

This is the only study I've found comparing the efficacy between the two. I'm surprised at the lack of studies on this tbh

It would be great to get a regular person to test their DHT serum levels first, and then after a few months of using topical fin. I would love to see if it affects DHT levels systemically.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

What would you consider to be a safe dose of oral minoxidil?? Have you noticed any side effects?

On 9/7/2020 at 8:11 PM, James C said:

Do you know the price? Do they ship within US?

11 hours ago, bklynborn said:

What would you consider to be a safe dose of oral minoxidil?? Have you noticed any side effects?

1mg daily. I don't use it orally so I can't say anything about side effects. Biggest side effect would be hypotension

What I am waiting for is to see more guys posting their results with the topical use, not just opinions.

Whether favorable or not, there just are not enough guys posting their results.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, gillenator said:

What I am waiting for is to see more guys posting their results with the topical use, not just opinions.

Whether favorable or not, there just are not enough guys posting their results.

I was waiting for some real life examples to take the plunge myself. The first bottle is 70 dollars at my local pharmacy so maybe I should just go for it.

I'm advanced NW6 diffused so not sure even if it's worth the effort.

Panamera13,

IMHO it's worth trying if you can afford it...at least you will know if it helps your diffused loss or not.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:47 PM, bklynborn said:

Thanks 

On a different topic would you know  are Hairs that suffer shock loss after FUT prior transplanted hair or native hair and will those hairs grow back?

In more cases than not, prior transplanted hair does in fact grow back after they have rested...native hair however depends on how diffused that hair was before it was shocked out...weak diffused hair usually does not grow back but native hair that still has good caliber certainly can.

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY