Six months Post Op - Questions about growth on sides

Hello one and all,

This is my first Hair transplant. I know one shouldn't judge the growth until 12 months.

I've included some photos. 

But I was curious what people think at this point. 

This is six months post op

The only issue or concern I have is the growth on the right side has been weaker then the left from the start. And I just wanted to know what people

think in general.

Thank you,

Photo on 1-26-20 at 12.49 PM.jpg

Photo on 7-24-20 at 1.01 PM.jpg

Photo on 7-24-20 at 1.01 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 7-24-20 at 12.58 PM.jpg

Photo on 7-24-20 at 12.59 PM.jpg

Nothing to worry about.  I had some asymmetry myself around 5-7 months and it evened out eventually.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Its actually looking quite good. I don't think you have anything to worry about. You should gain more density in the coming months. Wish you the best results.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

I’m also having the same problem with my hairline.. the density on the right side is awesome and on the left weak. So I comb it from right to left and it looks great. Hoping the left side catches up 🤞

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone once again. I poised this question to Melvin as well. I'm on my 7th month. And the left side looks totally full. But the right side for some reason has never caught up with the left. So on the right side not as much hair has grown in and it's not nearly as dense.

I spoke with my surgeon yesterday and he said after 7 months that is pretty much most of the hair has come in1633241051_Photoon8-25-20at6_37PM.thumb.jpg.b2712f5393e0c66698c88b23dd7a5fe7.jpg1633241051_Photoon8-25-20at6_37PM.thumb.jpg.b2712f5393e0c66698c88b23dd7a5fe7.jpg1633241051_Photoon8-25-20at6_37PM.thumb.jpg.b2712f5393e0c66698c88b23dd7a5fe7.jpg1633241051_Photoon8-25-20at6_37PM.thumb.jpg.b2712f5393e0c66698c88b23dd7a5fe7.jpg. Which really bummed me out. 

I was under the impression you had six months for growth and density. But the right side isn't showing a lot of progress.

______

I am not using finasteride. I actually have topical finasteride / minoxidil. But I don't use it because it's hard to tell where my real hair is and my transplanted hair. Especially the right side which concerns me. I don't know. Maybe it would help.

I've included photos that will hopefully show the difference.  

I'm hoping the right side will catch up. 

Photo on 8-25-20 at 6.34 PM.jpg

Photo on 8-25-20 at 6.35 PM.jpg

Photo on 8-25-20 at 6.39 PM #2.jpg

I'm also curious since these transplants are far from cheap. If one side doesn't fill in - have people found surgeons will fix it without cost. Or maybe less cost.

Or is it really not the surgeons "fault" that it doesn't come in equally? so they aren't responsible for fixing it.

I mean we aren't talking a lot of grafts here

Well it's been 7.5 months and I don't see much change on the right side. Also there are areas that haven't filled in. I"m not a doctor but it doesn't look like there is enough hair on the right side to fully fill out like the left.

Since I went to a respected surgeon and hypothetically one side is perfect and the other side only has maybe 60 percent growth compared to the left.

Should my surgeon repair it without cost? I don't want to say "I am going to write a bad review on you" 

Or repair without the normal cost

12 hours ago, rumblefish7194 said:

Well it's been 7.5 months and I don't see much change on the right side. Also there are areas that haven't filled in. I"m not a doctor but it doesn't look like there is enough hair on the right side to fully fill out like the left.

Since I went to a respected surgeon and hypothetically one side is perfect and the other side only has maybe 60 percent growth compared to the left.

Should my surgeon repair it without cost? I don't want to say "I am going to write a bad review on you" 

Who is the surgeon? Some will touch it up free of cost, others at a discounted rate, and some will tell u to go pound sand.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, rumblefish7194 said:

You will have to give it 12 months, maybe even 15 before a Doctor will even consider if a free repair is necessary.

Your doctor will likely have made you sign a disclaimer: "results vary"; "risk of permanent shockloss", "in some instances growth may be sub optimal"...  They will probably have no obligation to provide a free surgery.

I think most top doctors would only give a free repair if they felt something had gone wrong that has left a cosmetically unnacceptable result.  Having a slightly thinner side, but overall 'natural look' probably doesnt fall into that category.  If it was just the case that permanent shockloss of existing hair has occured then they cant really be held responsible for that.

It's a difficult one to answer really.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Still time for this to even out.  For some reason my right side lagged as well.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group