Died on the battlefield

Namsak

It's hard to know what to think. Some pictures suggest a weak result where the density is not good, and other pictures suggest as you guys said a big improvement from being bald. Now, at this price, are we only looking for a big improvement or for a solid result? When you go from bald, many different things can be labeled as big improvements. But on the other hand, I can't really think that the surgeons did anything different with me than they did with others, and this makes me think: during those months of research beforehand, may be I underestimated how much the result is dependent on your hair, and instead put all the focus on the surgeon/clinic? I don't know.

See, I can go back and forth between being satisfied and not being satisfied, so it's complicated.

Edited by Namsak
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

It not only looks natural and a great result, you look completely different from where you started. You are no longer a balding/bald guy. You are a guy with a great head of hair! The success of a hair transplant is in how natural it looks. Congratulations. You still have a couple of months or so for further maturation. Thanks again for sharing.!

• Like 3

I think you would benefit from using a different product. What you’re using looks like a gel or pomade and gives you the wet look. The problem with the wet look is that on thinning hair, it makes your hair look thinner and it makes the scalp below stand out more. Consider switching to a matte wax or a dusting powder, as they will not give a wet look. They will add volume and help hide the scalp below. I say this as someone who has tried literally every hair product. It’s a night and day difference eon my hair when I use a wet look product versus a dry matte product. 

1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

I think you would benefit from using a different product. What you’re using looks like a gel or pomade and gives you the wet look. The problem with the wet look is that on thinning hair, it makes your hair look thinner and it makes the scalp below stand out more. Consider switching to a matte wax or a dusting powder, as they will not give a wet look. They will add volume and help hide the scalp below. I say this as someone who has tried literally every hair product. It’s a night and day difference eon my hair when I use a wet look product versus a dry matte product. 

Thanks man, appreciate the advice.

Hey man I think it’s a good result you were basically full bald beforehand. You have to be realistic when you have that degree of hair loss also you used beard grafts aswell. Also i agree with Egy that the wet product makes your hair looks thinner so maybe try something different to style. Maybe a small top up when you do the crown aswell and you should be in a good position. 

• Administrators

It’s growing in nicely 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 2/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, Namsak said:

You think so Melvin? Thanks. There is probably not much more than that to expect I presume. 

I’d like to see how it looks dry with nothing in it. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’d like to see how it looks dry with nothing in it. 

So this is pretty much the first series of pictures. Those which I intentionally took so to emphasize what would be seen as a "bad result". (not combed, lighting, angle etc..)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey buddy! Yo be honest does not look bad but either excellent. My question here would be if you are medicating yourself, because the new hair looks pretty much like there rest of the hair. Which means that the naturality is on point but the density is quite the same over all, which is not excellent. 

Are you taking dutasteride, minoxidil or any other treatment? Regards man

Thanks brother. I have been taking finasteride religiously for two years and will continue to do so. As for minoxidil, I am much less consistant probably because in my mind it's less effective, but I guess I should be more serious with it.

Well there are a few issues. As Andrei says that is not an expexted result for a high quality clinic as HLC. Specially if u have been on finasteride all this time. On the other hand by watching ur pre pics we have no references of you with longer hair. In any case the density on the front line is not the best.  A good way to compare would be if u shave now your head.

I think HLC owes you a free repair now. If that being the case I would recommend you first to switch to dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topic minoxidil as well with combination of dermaroller and up to you also vitamins (multivitaminic + vitamin D3, magnesium and zinc) and mint oil for example. At least 6 months before the new surgery.