This is the plan HT doc drew- operation in turkey april

Your in a better position now to look at getting a hair transplant. Having been on meds for the last 18 months is going to really help. Most Clinics would now most likely consider you as a possible patient.

Since your original post was made Dr Bicer has been added to the Turkey recommended list. As mentioned before please don’t consider any “mills” the absolute lowest cost would be Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman. Both still having Drs involvement. Please don’t cost seek too much though. ASMED could be option if you was to choose the top option where Dr Erdogan is involved. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Pick a reputable surgeon and go for a FUT first, you need to maximise your use of donor area. Your hair will definitely thin again and then go a fue. This is a journey you are on, it is not a one time fix! Stick to the meds, use up your grafts wisely and continue asking questions.

• Administrators

Can you share current pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Get some consultations done with some of the Drs/Clinics I mentioned above. You could also consider European options so many good options these days in Spain, Belgium and Portugal for example. Mostly around €2.50 per graft. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Get some consultations done with some of the Drs/Clinics I mentioned above. You could also consider European options so many good options these days in Spain, Belgium and Portugal for example. Mostly around €2.50 per graft. 

You don’t think it’s still too early , my budget is like 3k. 
I’m worried that I’ll lose more hair behind new hairline what do I do then 

3k won’t get you anywhere near a decent Dr/Clinic. As mentioned earlier in the thread you can’t risk your scalp going to cheap. The absolute lowest would be around €1 - 1.25 per graft from Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman. Consult with them and see how many grafts they would recommend. Don’t do anything if you cannot afford it, saving up is a better option. Especially if your now on meds to retain your native hair. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To me that looks like a good hairline as you do have quite a big forehead (please I’m not trying to offend) however maybe some of those mid scalp grafts would be better served in the crown ? Another 500 perhaps. I’m sure if you did want the hairline higher it could be agreed with the Dr. Might even change in person anyway (normally does) 

• Like 1

You definitely don't need 1500 grafts in your midscalp. There's very little hair loss there. The more concerning area is your crown. It seems to dip very low in one picture. You'd have to stay on meds for life. The positive is that your donor looks very strong.  You could have a really good result but put in the research and try to save more so you can afford a top clinic. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

@Superslim11 Given that 1) you don't care about your hairline and think the problem is your crown and 2) you seem to wear your hair very short, and 3) it doesn't sound like you have the funds for a multi-area HT from a top doctor, have you considered SMP to the crown?  It would be much cheaper and not permanent.  From your pictures you'd be a good candidate. Might give you more confidence and buy some time while you save for a quality HT.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If the crown is the most worrying part of your hair then SMP is something you could think about. I'm really concerned that if you don't go to a top tier surgeon (with the appropriate ethics and skills) then you will seriously regret ever having surgery. I say this with all sincerity and having been where you are now myself. There is nothing worse than having scars and poor results and wishing that you were bald! I know you can't imagine this now at your age but it will kick in trust me along with the thousands of others who have (and sadly will continue to) be butchered. I'm not a doctor but many people have success in micro dosing by taking finasteride on every other day. This is also something worth considering. I admire you for having the wisdom to not give in to that urge for life altering surgery. Do not compare yourself to any other patient your age on instagram, social media and marketing. It's all aimed at making you feel how you do now at not only your financial expense but at the expense of something that you will never be able to get back. That is your normal appearance. Feel free to DM me if you wish as I am only too happy to answer any other questions that you may have. This is the result from wanting exactly what you want now. Be very careful what you wish for and I wish you all the best.

DSCF0590.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, Gatsby said:

If the crown is the most worrying part of your hair then SMP is something you could think about. I'm really concerned that if you don't go to a top tier surgeon (with the appropriate ethics and skills) then you will seriously regret ever having surgery. I say this with all sincerity and having been where you are now myself. There is nothing worse than having scars and poor results and wishing that you were bald! I know you can't imagine this now at your age but it will kick in trust me along with the thousands of others who have (and sadly will continue to) be butchered. I'm not a doctor but many people have success in micro dosing by taking finasteride on every other day. This is also something worth considering. I admire you for having the wisdom to not give in to that urge for life altering surgery. Do not compare yourself to any other patient your age on instagram, social media and marketing. It's all aimed at making you feel how you do now at not only your financial expense but at the expense of something that you will never be able to get back. That is your normal appearance. Feel free to DM me if you wish as I am only too happy to answer any other questions that you may have. This is the result from wanting exactly what you want now. Be very careful what you wish for and I wish you all the best.

DSCF0590.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

That’s a FUT scar, I wouldn’t be getting FUT. I’m not sure what the top photos is showing, but I’ll prob look like that if I don’t get anything done. 
and I am TAKING daily fin 1mg for 1.5 years now and plan on continuing to take. 

im still really struggling whether to jump ship or go ahead and talk to Yaman, still waiting for Demirosy. Will also contact bicer. 

Edited by Superslim11

good luck with whatever you choose but my question is if you have sides like no morning wood and less hard erec.....why are you still on it ? that is beyond crazy to me....are we really about to save hair over something far more important ? thats a question for all of us....i'm sure as hell not. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Superslim11 said:

That’s a FUT scar, I wouldn’t be getting FUT. I’m not sure what the top photos is showing, but I’ll prob look like that if I don’t get anything done. 

im still really struggling whether to jump ship or go ahead and talk to Yaman, still waiting for Demirosy. Will also contact bicer. 

That's not an FUT scar. That's the results of plastic surgery from what I went through to undo the damage from making an emotional decision at your age. So many things can go wrong and you need to be focusing on these instead of the 'best case scenario' examples that you thinking of. That's only natural though and that's why it's part of the problem. All FUE operations leave scars btw. All the best.

• Confused 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, Superslim11 said:

I just did my procedure with Yaman and I would recommend in your case to choose Demirsoy or Bicer, they are more involved in the whole procedure. Yaman just do the incisions then hes mostly gone. They also do 2-3 patients a day while Demirsoy and Bicer does 1.

Also I think FueCapilar is better for 1 euro per graft than Yaman, but I did not know about them before my procedure otherwise I would have probably chosen them. They have more Dr involvement aswell than Yaman.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, Gokuhairline said:

good luck with whatever you choose but my question is if you have sides like no morning wood and less hard erec.....why are you still on it ? that is beyond crazy to me....are we really about to save hair over something far more important ? thats a question for all of us....i'm sure as hell not. 

Ehh, the morning wood doesn’t bother me. And the softer erections is probably incorrect i preform more than fine, if that changed I would for sure drop it. 

• Confused 1

Demirsoy and Bicer are both very ethical surgeons and consistently deliver solid results, wait to see what either says.

You also have a great beard which could come in handy for any future procedures.

13 hours ago, BLE123 said:

Demirsoy and Bicer are both very ethical surgeons and consistently deliver solid results, wait to see what either says.

You also have a great beard which could come in handy for any future procedures.

Demirosy is the one that actually rejected me last year because I wasn’t on fin. 
I emailed his team with pictures haven’t heard yet. Not sure how to contact him.

From my view, short hair (buzzcut) fits to your head. Why you are considering a HT

I did it in a hairmill in turkey, now I regret every day my decision 1. because I did it in a hairmill and 2. i was a NW5a, so I need a second HT ( they didn’t tell me that) and of course a repair. They used in my hairline lot of double and tribbles, it looks really pluggy!

And they didn‘t tell me to go on fin or something else. So when I want to keep my native hair, I have to take fin or minox. But I don‘t want it. 

Make your decision very wisely and try not to save money! 

Edited by Halu
  • Like 1