Dr. Demirsoy Vs Dr. Kaan Pekiner

6 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Because it's ridiculous how people draw conclusions on punch sizes or manual punch vs motorized punch, at the end of the day it's about the track record of that surgeon and their results, picking a surgeon with the smallest punch doesn't mean your results are going be out of this world.

Listen man I never said anything indicating that I was drawing any type of conclusion about smaller or larger punch sizes. The reason I care about punch size is because I'm trying limit the size of the scars on the donor area. This may not affect the final result in any way but for someone who wants to keep a shorter hair style this may be important. Again not sure why you think this is ridiculous...

• Like 1

Hey Bruce,

I'm was on the same boat as you, but i've come to decide that I'm choosing Pekiner.

I was tossing up between Demirsoy and Pekiner - but Pekiner does I think a fairly better job at hairlines and also densely packs it. Demirsoys hairlines looks bit cut and paste sometimes which was also an issue, Pekiners on the other hand looked a bit more refined. 

Let me you what you decide & good luck.

22 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I agree with the first part of your comment but not the last part. There are not enough patient posted results by patients of Dr Pekiner to make such a claim as “arguably the best doctor in Turkey”, I understand you are a patient of his and your progress is looking very good and from the little that is know about him and his work he seems to be an ethical hands-on surgeon...but common, let’s not over-exaggerate or over-praise.

I don’t think u have seen any comments of mine in here that I’m praising him constantly and all that because I’m patient of his ...I recommend him cuz if the work that he does in general both in the German and Italian forums the results are great coming all the time also I recommend other doctors based on their work such as freitas or Lorenzo so u being kinda harsh on me on your last part 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bruce90 said:

Dude I have no clue why you're getting so defensive for? Can you tell me what size punch keser uses then? Because I've spoken to the patient advisers of all three clinics and yes Keser on average tends to use a larger punch size for extractions. It's just a simple fact... not sure why you think that's "ridiculous". 

I don’t think anyone can answer this. Punch size is usually chosen based on a patients hair thickness and hair graft groupings. There isn’t a standard punch size that a doctor uses unless he is a full tard/hack

Edited by LonelyGraft
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

I don’t think anyone can answer this. Punch size is usually chosen based on a patients hair thickness and hair graft groupings. There isn’t a standard punch size that a doctor uses unless he is a full yard/hack

Yeah that is true but there are some doctors that will limit the size used for extractions. For instance I have classic indian (south asian) hair with thicker than average hair follicles. Most doctors said that they would be able to extract all grafts even the largest multi-graft ones with maximum 0.85mm. I think the biggest punch asmed uses for example is 0.85mm. There are some doctors however that would use above that such as 0.9mm and 1mm to extract. If I can get away with smaller punches I would prefer that... just my preference tbh.

I know there are pro's and con's to using smaller or larger punches though. Smaller punches might product higher transection rates while larger punches would reduce it but simultaneously induce more overall trauma to the donor zone. I honestly don't know how much of a difference a 1mm vs an 0.8mm would make in scarring but if anyone has any info then please share. 

Edited by bruce90

9 hours ago, bruce90 said:

Yeah that is true but there are some doctors that will limit the size used for extractions. For instance I have classic indian (south asian) hair with thicker than average hair follicles. Most doctors said that they would be able to extract all grafts even the largest multi-graft ones with maximum 0.85mm. I think the biggest punch asmed uses for example is 0.85mm. There are some doctors however that would use above that such as 0.9mm and 1mm to extract. If I can get away with smaller punches I would prefer that... just my preference tbh.

I know there are pro's and con's to using smaller or larger punches though. Smaller punches might product higher transection rates while larger punches would reduce it but simultaneously induce more overall trauma to the donor zone. I honestly don't know how much of a difference a 1mm vs an 0.8mm would make in scarring but if anyone has any info then please share. 

That’s fine and dandy but without an in person consult it’s still difficult. You are indian and I’m guessing have many multi hair grafts which require larger punch sizes to limit extractions.

secondly, what are the clinics referring to when they give you punch size? Outer or inner diameter? Standard or trumpet? The list goes on and on. It’s pretty useless to discuss imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

That’s fine and dandy but without an in person consult it’s still difficult. You are indian and I’m guessing have many multi hair grafts which require larger punch sizes to limit extractions.

secondly, what are the clinics referring to when they give you punch size? Outer or inner diameter? Standard or trumpet? The list goes on and on. It’s pretty useless to discuss imo.

I've had several in person consultations. You guys do know there are plenty of surgeons using over-sized punches for extractions to compensate for their inexperience right? I understand many people often don't fully consider the effects on their donor area when they get an FUE surgery for the first time. I'm not saying any of the surgeons discussed here are inexperienced but there's been countless times on this same forum where I've seen people have their entire donor area demolished or over harvested because they think the only thing that matters is having the grafts extracted and implanted. I don't think taking extra pre-caution is "useless". I'd rather most people be extra cautious than assume something and not get what they were expecting in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting topic. Going back to Demirsoy, he uses 0.7-0.8 mm motorized punch. His path might give you some clue to decide better. He had been doing manual extraction before but he's now just doing motorized. This Dr had been doing FUT in the past, that might increase his credit, but what do you think about this comment of me?

Doing a motorized punch is the same as doing manual when Dr himself performs the extractions who had been doing manual in the past?

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, karatekid said:

If we already talked about microscopes - does Pekiner use them?

@karatekid again I say we are comparing apples and oranges because Demirsoy does not do the whole surgery nor does he implant using stick&place. Dr. Pekiner is in a different league.

Dr. Pekiner uses a microscope while extracting the grafts so he can better chose the grafts he needs for the area he is implanting (thin singles for the front and thick triples/quadruples for the crown).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@karatekid again I say we are comparing apples and oranges because Demirsoy does not do the whole surgery nor does he implant using stick&place. Dr. Pekiner is in a different league.

Dr. Pekiner uses a microscope while extracting the grafts so he can better chose the grafts he needs for the area he is implanting (thin singles for the front and thick triples/quadruples for the crown).

Thanks for the info!

But first my intention wasnt really to compare, just to know. And if anything, I thought about comparing it to Keser, since it was previously discussed in this thread that Keser doesnt use microscope.

2 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Thanks for the info!

But first my intention wasnt really to compare, just to know. And if anything, I thought about comparing it to Keser, since it was previously discussed in this thread that Keser doesnt use microscope.

Somebody did claim that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope but I find it hard to believe given the results he is achieving.

@Kaya is it true that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope?

4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Somebody did claim that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope but I find it hard to believe given the results he is achieving.

@Kaya is it true that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope?

It is true. He does not use a microscope.

Let say when making a comparison, Pekiner's result should impress you double since he charges double.

Anyone knows any Dr doing manual extraction charging less than 2€? The answer is simply NO...

So at this stage you might think there should be a great difference in the result of different methods... But is there?! Simultaneously, don't let this business of different methods bla bla make you fall into paying a lot more while you're not sure if result would really be any different, when there's no scientific proof about which method is the best... Instead see who can use his method the best. That's unfortunately the most important thing none of us knows when it comes to technicalities. We just rely on what we hear here and there. But prove it to yourself first by observation and comparison.

If you're happy with everyone's hairline design (Demirsoy, Pekiner, HLC) then the only last bullet of higher-priced ones (Pekiner, HLC) is the graft survival..

Put picture of 3 people receiving almost same number of graft with almost the same hair type characteristics. Compare the yield. Do you see a difference?? Do this for several cases. 

Edited by Fred88

If your on a budget without a doubt Dr.D is best from what I’ve seen currently from patients results on here. 

I had my head done with Dr Keser last year and couldn’t be happier with my result. Graft survival was second to none which = less grafts are needed. I think this is down to how he only implants up 600 grafts per day and the stick and place method.

Pekiner & HLC also look very good I wouldn’t let anyone else in turkey near but those 3. 

Edited by Mr S
  • Like 1

I'm also doing my very intensive research. It's been a long time I'd been stuck between these two Demirsoy or HLC. I have the budget to go to HLC but I'm not yet there to be convinced to pay double the price not knowing really if the results would be different. I have good thick hair so both can handle a great procedure, moreover we're now talking about excellent Drs, so either or we're in good hands. Once I'm convinced about the survival rate and that's not very different between these two I wouldn't hesitate going to Demirsoy. There're excellent results on the German forum coming from both HLC and Demirsoy.

Edited by Fred88

• 11 months later...