25 year old Asian male FUE with Dr. Diep 2049 grafts

• Administrators

Looks like you’re still crusting. Soak your hair in conditioner and gently rub the crust off. At this point your grafts are safe.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:01 AM, elduterino said:

The doc gave me a small bottle of shampoo which seems to be the same as famous j&j baby shampoo 

Mix some on you hand and gently pat on the hair then use a shower head while placing your hand bedore the head to cut the jet of water 

No issue 

Also, I sleept elevated and tied my two wrists to the bed so to not scratch my head in my sleep as it gets itchy this is crucial as you can loose grafts in the first 5 days 

Jesus that is S&M level dedication. Respect.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, elduterino said:

I did prepare a nice soft thick rope bought in advance for the occasion but I guess any rope or string will work if you ask your hotel maybe they have some 

For my first Fue I used tee shirts attached together to form a rope 

Why didn't you just put mittens on your hands?

Edited by bismarck

You can still scratch your head with those or unconsciously remove those during sleep 

The rope tied to the wrists is a must for any HT until  10days IMHO so I one can relax and not worry about it

Edited by elduterino

Just wanted to ask everyone to poll when they gained their normal sensation in the donor area, top of the scalp post hair transplant? Just curious when I should be expecting a return of full sensation to the areas, thanks

On 7/14/2019 at 9:19 PM, shookwon33 said:

Just wanted to ask everyone to poll when they gained their normal sensation in the donor area, top of the scalp post hair transplant? Just curious when I should be expecting a return of full sensation to the areas, thanks

The numbness two three inches above my FUT incision , lasted 4 or 5 months. The numbess up on my crown, I didn't have any work done there but I guess the nerves got affected, lasted about 8 or 9 months. I occasionally would get a very sharp quick shot of pain. like somebody stabbed me with a needle.  I just assumbed that was the nerves growing back together.  That hasn't happened in six or seven months now. I'm 17 months post op.

• 1 month later...

A0A32A46-8655-456A-AE49-0EBC338822D8.jpeg

Hey guys this was taken at 2 months and 3 weeks. I definitely have a lot of growth happening thin and peach fuzz growing especially on the corners and sides of the hairline. Looks very promising honestly. Middle of the hairline isnt seeing as much peach fuzz but Im sure it will come in within the next month for sure. Exciting times are ahead I hope! :))))

• Like 1

• Administrators

Man that looks like some solid growth already, what the heck 😱 you're a @bondi2.0

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:06 AM, shookwon33 said:

A0A32A46-8655-456A-AE49-0EBC338822D8.jpeg

Hey guys this was taken at 2 months and 3 weeks. I definitely have a lot of growth happening thin and peach fuzz growing especially on the corners and sides of the hairline. Looks very promising honestly. Middle of the hairline isnt seeing as much peach fuzz but Im sure it will come in within the next month for sure. Exciting times are ahead I hope! :))))

Coming along great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, shookwon33 said:

@Russ thanks! I have started 1 mg fin from HIMs since last October so i've been on it for about 11 months now. I take it first thing when i wake up every day

I’m just about to start. Did you notice any enhancements from it? Also do you take any other vitamins/supplements with it?  I have the same hairloss/thinning on my hairline as you did pre-op. 

Its hard to say if I noticed any enhancements. I don't think anyone on finasteride will be able to honestly tell you if they've noticed significant gains from it unless they had exessive hairloss and you can visibly tell the difference but for a norwood 2/3 it would be hard to tell and I am a norwood 2.5 i'd say. I take 10,000 mcg biotin, 5000 IU vitamin D, and a ZMA pill

• Administrators

@shookwon33 

I've been very interested to hear from guys who use HIMS, what's the monthly cost if you don't mind me asking?

View my thread

• Administrators

Damn that's pretty cheap, I really think these online pharmacies are going to change the game. Anyways I really think you're going to end up one of Dr. Diep's YouTube stars haha.

View my thread

16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@shookwon33 

I've been very interested to hear from guys who use HIMS, what's the monthly cost if you don't mind me asking?

if you have a doctor you see for a yearly physical that will prescribe you finasteride I'd go down that route. Fill your rx at costco or walmart and its still cheaper than hims. I believe costco sells 90 pills of 1mg fin for less than 20 bux. 5 mg split up will be even cheaper. If you like the convenience of it being mailed to your home then I guess you can pay more....

• 4 weeks later...

4 month update! Lots of tiny sprouts. Caught this weird angle so you can see all the mini sprouts. I do have like what feels like an ingrown hair on the right side of my hairline, it kind of hurts a little when you rub it not sure if this is normal? Maybe it’s just a hair trying to push through? If anyone has experience with this let me know thanks.

84284A7E-4043-4720-BCBA-6F9E56EDD4B5.jpeg

• Administrators

Yea sounds like there may be some ingrown hairs. Are you seeing pimples?

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea sounds like there may be some ingrown hairs. Are you seeing pimples?

This one I have seems different from a pimple from what I had before. This tiny bump is like harder which made me thinks its more like an ingrown hair. Did you have something like this and should I just leave it alone? I have to resist like rubbing it lol

• Administrators
1 hour ago, shookwon33 said:

This one I have seems different from a pimple from what I had before. This tiny bump is like harder which made me thinks its more like an ingrown hair. Did you have something like this and should I just leave it alone? I have to resist like rubbing it lol

Yea I remember I had something like that. Just leave it alone the hairs will sprout out. You're a freak of nature. Your hair is already growing so fast. The fast growers always seem to be of asian descent. @bondi by the 5th month looked like me at 10 months.

View my thread

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea I remember I had something like that. Just leave it alone the hairs will sprout out. You're a freak of nature. Your hair is already growing so fast. The fast growers always seem to be of asian descent. @bondi by the 5th month looked like me at 10 months.

lolol dude @bondi though actually was a legit freak of nature. My progress is going relatively fast but his speed of growth was on another level. it looks stupid dense already at his 5 month mark...

• 2 weeks later...

4 months and 2 week update. Every single day my hair appears to be getting more dense. Very happy with how things are coming along.. id pay for this procedure anytime. Heck I’d even pay $12 per graft if these results keep improving like this. It feels insane to no longer have a receding hairline anymore. I honestly think I may have the hairline I had when I was 10 years old or maybe even lower? Damn I don’t know but let’s go boys!!

4B339949-6AD9-4742-83CA-B6E42EF86507.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

4 days away from being 5 months post op. Update: I can officially say that all nerve endings on the top left f my head and donor area have finally returned to normal like pre op I feel like. So if anyone wondering I’d say it takes 5 months before you regain complete normal sensation again and no more numbness