25 year old Asian male FUE with Dr. Diep 2049 grafts

Hello everybody on my way back to my hotel after surgery and I believe it went smoothly =]. Just gonna attaching some quick picks of the hairline he drew for me and will update morE probably tomorrow! 

C851750D-B91C-45E1-A7EF-2FCA440DFEE0.jpeg

7CDA0748-CDB5-460A-8C8F-F0693E64B671.jpeg

Edited by shookwon33

• Administrators

Thanks for creating a thread bro,

consider creating a patient website as well. Btw that background looks familiar 🤔 lol. Looks like @bondi hairline. This gonna look sick when grown out.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

These photos above are immediately post op. Would you call this pretty dense packed? That’s what I was hoping for. Should the recipient area also look that bloody post op? Please let me know! Thanks

Also I did receive both the ACell and Amniofill injections for 500$ and $600 respectively. Not sure if theyre beneficial but i figured why not giving that i paid so much already. Im actually not even sure when I got these because I don't recall being stuck in the arm at all. Maybe theyre injections in the head? Not sure if someone can elaborate.

Also I will remember to ask the clinic how many singles, doubles, and triple hair grafts I got tomorrow when i go get my hair wash. I forgot to ask today.

Looks good shook .. it looks good n dense .. u have the same hairloss as I did when I went to dr diep for my consultation .. n that’s almost exactly the same hairline he drew for me .. n I think it looks good .. keep us updated on ur progress . Main focus now is to keep the recipient area clean n not dislodge the grafts by putting pressure on them ..  I think u should get a great result .. u a young buck , with thick Asian hair .: that grows fast .. best wishes ..

• Like 1

@jj51702 He gave me 5 pills to take prior to surgery. It was tylenol for inflammation, metocloparamide for nausea, cephalexin which is a pre procedure antibiotic,  and 2 pills of valium which is for anxiety and a very slight sedative. I am a pharmacy student so i literally knew everything he was giving me so he quizzes me on what the meds were before i took them haha. And it doesn't really knock you out cold. It just makes you feel very relaxed and chilling so i was conscious for most of my procedure to be honest. 

However, I do know the FUT patients are more knocked out because they're giving IV Midazolam which has a much higher sedative effect in case you were wondering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

thanks @Legend007. My eyebrow to original hairline was apparently very close to 8 cm and now we agreed to reduce it to 6.25 cm. Not sure what the average is for asian foreheads though

Asians are generally between 6-7cm caucasians are between 7-8cm. My hairline is 7cm. 

8 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

These photos above are immediately post op. Would you call this pretty dense packed? That’s what I was hoping for. Should the recipient area also look that bloody post op? Please let me know! Thanks

Yes, that’s very dense packed. Looks like @bondi @mikenguyen Dr. Diep has asian hairlines down to a science. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator !!! What did you mean by create a patient website? 😮

A patient website is basically a blog. You can write your experience upload photos. It’s a great tool for guys researching doctors, because it gets linked to your surgeons profile. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Just came back from my first hair wash today. Not gonna lie it kinda of stung/burned when they washed the donor area XD.

I spoke with Dr. Diep 1 on 1 again today in his office to talk about how everything went. He really does care about his patients and he straight up just told me to give him my phone so he can put in his number and to text him whenever I want. 

Today i also found out my graft breakdown as follows;

Total = 2049 grafts via FUE

Singles = 201 grafts

Doubles = 1206 grafts

Triples = 522 grafts

Quadruples = 120 grafts

all these grafts straight into the hairline so i am hoping for a nice dense hairline in the coming 12 months!

• Administrators

@shookwon33

That's good to hear, yea a lot has been said about aftercare, but if you take time to schedule some 1 on 1 time like you did, most would see that Dr. Diep is actually a really caring guy, he's just so busy, he needs to have the allotted time for you in his schedule. Make sure you tell him I said hi and i'm jealous of your hairline 😁

View my thread

Good that you did grow the hair on top

That will allow you to avoid the ugly duckling phase by doing a comb over 

That's what I did for my second Fue and that made a huge difference in terms of improvement of the whole HT experience 

@elduterino honestly if i could go back i think i would have just went with shaving it all off haha! I am now dreading day 4 post op when i have to gently pour mixed shampoo onto the recipient area... i just feel like its gonna be such a mess with my greasy long hair on top in the way and such. luckily i planned on going into hermit mode for like 2 months so shaving my entire head wouldnt have been a big deal to me

Hermit mode for 4 months is a long time 

I had to go back to my office after 2 weeks and date new women so ugly duckling was not an option 

No one ever noticed anything during those 4 months thanks to the comb over

How is he donor area? 

Edited by elduterino

The doc gave me a small bottle of shampoo which seems to be the same as famous j&j baby shampoo 

Mix some on you hand and gently pat on the hair then use a shower head while placing your hand bedore the head to cut the jet of water 

No issue 

Also, I sleept elevated and tied my two wrists to the bed so to not scratch my head in my sleep as it gets itchy this is crucial as you can loose grafts in the first 5 days 

Just now, elduterino said:

The doc gave me a small bottle of shampoo which seems to be the same as famous j&j baby shampoo 

Mix some on you hand and gently pat on the hair then use a shower head while placing your hand bedore the head to cut the jet of water 

Also, I slept elevated and tied my two wrists to the bed with a rope so to not scratch my head in my sleep as it gets itchy this is crucial as you can loose grafts in the first 5 days 

@elduterino that is actually genius. i am going to do that before i sleep tonight because that is literally my biggest fear of accidentally scratching my head at night without realizing it.. what did u use to tie your hands? im staying at a hotel so im trying to figure out something now lmao

I did prepare a nice soft thick rope bought in advance for the occasion but I guess any rope or string will work if you ask your hotel maybe they have some 

For my first Fue I used tee shirts attached together to form a rope 

• Like 1