25 year old Asian male FUE with Dr. Diep 2049 grafts

Day 11 post op: Picture taken in natural "harsh lighting" directly after hair wash (wet hair): Finally I’d say I’ve been able to get about 85% of the crusting and scabs out of the recipient area with gentle contact washes increasing pressure each day slightly. The large crust/scab in the middle of the hairline seems to have been the largest one which I’m not in any rush to force out and eventually it will soften up and fall out naturally form what I’ve heard.

Furthermore, I now see how beautiful the designed hairline is that Dr. Diep did for me underneath all that crusting and scabbing and wow these are exciting times. My forehead looks so much more proportioned with the lower set hairline. I believe he told me we went from 7.75 cm hairline to eyebrow down to 6.25 cm which is considered his special medium tight hairline. Some would say this is aggressive but keep in mind I am only 25 so I think it looks good on me.

As far as addressing my temples are concerned he said my temples are almost perpendicular and didn't need to be touched so what he did was called Temple angle closure in the hairline which i think looks fantastic.

F3F37902-F79B-4744-85DA-2DAFDF246932.jpeg

Edited by shookwon33

The hairline looks good .. I can tell it matches ur face ..  u are pretty much out of the danger zone now .. just let the process take care of itself n not worry about things .. it’s out of ur hands now ..

i was like u , I did the solo journey too .. told nobody n just got on the plane n flew away . Came back home n nobody knows .. now I’m at 6 months n I don’t wear a hat anymore .. n nobody has any clue .  :) 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Jiveturkey82 said:

Do you get a discount for that?  LOL

lol no discounts, but you’ll be famous 😬

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 15 post op: Hello everyone, I believe at this point I have been able to basically all the scabs and crusts in the recipient area. 

My question is when would I expect hairs to start shedding? I hear most people start shedding a lot by 2 weeks post op. It doesn’t seem like I have shed that many hairs yet in the area to be honest. They also don’t seem to be growing at all in length it seems like the same length from when they were implanted but I’m not sure.

512E2F36-6CC5-4964-94F7-7F0A9DB7C9D2.jpeg

On 6/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, Jiveturkey82 said:

Looks pretty dense and actually looks a bit longer than in your original picture.  I saw one guy on Youtube that never shed, hopefully you will be that lucky person who doesn't have to go through ugly duckling.

That's crazy. Is that actually a thing to not shed lol? I mean as long as i get the same awesome results if I don't end up going through the ugly duckling then I'm all for it lolol

• Administrators

You’ll start shedding soon. Some guys shed at a month, while others shed at 2 weeks. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 hours ago, Jiveturkey82 said:

Hows it looking?

Day 25 post op: I still haven't really noticed any like rapid shedding. Did you experience like very gradual shedding? I'm not sure when i will hit that phase where it looks like 95% of the hairs fall off like most lol. It seems that the pinkish tint on the recipient area is starting to slowly fade away, hows yours?

Edited by shookwon33

Day 28 post op: (1 month basically). Don’t think a rapid shed has hit yet. I shed like a few hairs in the shower but nothing rapid that would just take me right to the ugly duckling stage like most people at this point in the recovery goes yet... any feedback would be appreciated. Is it a good or bad thing if I end up being the 10% that don’t go through an ugly duckling stage in terms of early growth goes?  

Thinking about starting to hit the gym again finally after playing it safe and waiting for a month lol I’ve been dying to get back in there.

B2D69495-B591-4A76-8C3D-057A1118B85D.jpeg

Wow, doesn't seem like there is any shed so far.  I wouldn't shave it to even out just yet though, I saw some guy who thought he was safe from the shed shave it...then it shed right after.

I started going back to the gym at 3 weeks.

Edited by Jiveturkey82
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Dude you're a freak of nature!! Damn I have heard stories on old wives tale's of guys who dont' shed, but I never saw it in all my years of being on this forum. Could it be?? haha

• Like 1

View my thread

4 minutes ago, karnas said:

do you have any clear photos of the donor ? 

1396079168_18days.jpeg.dcb9740d24e7690db5fc3984db76e488.jpeg

I took this 18 days post op, it was basically already healed by then. Now I am on day 34 and there are no signs of anything that can be seen in my donor area.

Looking good!

Wishing you the best!

Im intrigued to see if the shedding will begin soon. Dr Bisanga has had a few patients who managed to escape the shed, but it is pretty rare. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Officially 5 weeks post op as of today: It appears I am definitely shedding. A lot of my hairs are starting to fall limp or kind of just lay flat which I assume is preparation to be shed but I am not sure. 

Additionally, my scalp looks like it has this white stuff after I shower when my scalp is wet which from reading online is just the grafts soaking up water and it disappeared when your scalp dries but not too sure. Has anyone else had experience with this?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

Officially 5 weeks post op as of today: It appears I am definitely shedding. A lot of my hairs are starting to fall limp or kind of just lay flat which I assume is preparation to be shed but I am not sure. 

Additionally, my scalp looks like it has this white stuff after I shower when my scalp is wet which from reading online is just the grafts soaking up water and it disappeared when your scalp dries but not too sure. Has anyone else had experience with this?

Do you mind posting pictures?

View my thread