25 year old Asian male FUE with Dr. Diep 2049 grafts

• Administrators
7 hours ago, elduterino said:

The doc gave me a small bottle of shampoo which seems to be the same as famous j&j baby shampoo 

Mix some on you hand and gently pat on the hair then use a shower head while placing your hand bedore the head to cut the jet of water 

No issue 

Also, I sleept elevated and tied my two wrists to the bed so to not scratch my head in my sleep as it gets itchy this is crucial as you can loose grafts in the first 5 days 

Lol I just slept with the surgeons cap on.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So I noticed for my graft breakdown I only had about 200 single hair roots. It seems the majority were multi roots. Do you think this may cause my hairline to look less natural due to the lesser amount of single root grafts being able to be placed in front for that softer look? Just curious what you guys think or know about this matter. Im not really worried because I know Diep's hairline results have never ever looked unnatural but curious what u guys think?

@Legend007

Day 2 post op: so it seems that the blood on the recipient area is really crusting up. Dr. Diep says just let it be and don’t touch anything so I will do as he says. As for day 4 when the time comes and I am instructed to indirectly wash with shampoo water on the recipient area, I have a hard time imagining these crusts are gonna come out? Is it ok to just leave the stubborn crusts be on the recipient area until they naturally fall off with the flow of water? I wanna play it save and not dislodge any grafts whatsoever by rubbing it off

6CA390D7-027A-4858-BA85-1D5321B233F2.jpeg

R u taking a shower everyday ? It’s important to keep ur scalp clean .. u can still wash ur hair without touching them n dislodging them .. i shampooed my native hair , the top n back .. n scrub it a little bit with shampoo  to get some of the soap suds then I tapped the suds onto the recipient , so the soap can clean n keep the recipient area moist n clean .. I leave it like that for 5-10 minutes , after that I let the shower head hit the top of my head n let the water flow down to the recipient area .. its important to be hygienic .. 

1 minute ago, Legend007 said:

R u taking a shower everyday ? It’s important to keep ur scalp clean .. u can still wash ur hair without touching them n dislodging them .. i shampooed my native hair , the top n back .. n scrub it a little bit with shampoo  to get some of the soap suds then I tapped the suds onto the recipient , so the soap can clean n keep the recipient area moist n clean .. I leave it like that for 5-10 minutes , after that I let the shower head hit the top of my head n let the water flow down to the recipient area .. its important to be hygienic .. 

Dr. Diep instructed me not to get my recipient wet at all for the first 3 days so I have not showered my head at all. I've been going to the clinic and they did the hair wash just on the donor area and then my last donor wash is tomorrow. Then on day 4 i am instructed to go ahead and wash the recipient area pretty much in the exact same method you are saying so i was gonna wait until day 4.

I suggest u follow ur doctor . All the clinics have their own methods that works for their patients .. n it’s best u follow it so They can’t blame u for things .. 

Like a lot of clinics give u a saline spray to keep ur reciepient moist every 1-2 hours for the first 1-2 days.. while others don’t .. n want to let the body heal naturally .. Just keep it clean though . 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

@Melvin-Moderator lmao oh I guess that works too. But we’re you ever afraid of the cap touching your recipient grafts? Maybe I’m just really paranoid lmao

Nah because as soon as I feel the cap you’d realize you shouldn’t be touching. You’ll be fine 🙂

12 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

So I noticed for my graft breakdown I only had about 200 single hair roots. It seems the majority were multi roots. Do you think this may cause my hairline to look less natural due to the lesser amount of single root grafts being able to be placed in front for that softer look? Just curious what you guys think or know about this matter. Im not really worried because I know Diep's hairline results have never ever looked unnatural but curious what u guys think?

@Legend007

Given that your natural hair is really dense. I think having less singles is actually better. The first row is singles and the zig zags. After that you want the bulk and volume. 200 singles is more than enough. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Diep explained to me that he thought the no saline/no touching for 4 days was the safer method for preserving graft integrity in the first week. It seems like there are two schools of thought and either approach has pros/cons. Keeping the recipient dry allows some level of protection for the grafts since the scabbing will hold them in place. I've also read that keeping the area moist/clean and preventing excessive scabbing provides reduces the probability of skin infections.

Either way, best to just follow the doctors instructions. By day 8, those scabs are going to be stuck to your head and its going to take some work to get them all off.

By the way, if you notice any breakage in the scabbing where it looks like bald spots where there are no hairs/crusts, don't worry about it. It does't mean there are no grafts there - I had a few spots in my recipient area where it looked like crusts broke off and there were no hairs, but the hair there did grow just as well as everywhere else.

• Like 1

Day 4 Post Op: I’ve just washed my recipient area for the first time indirectly flowing water and shampoo on it without touch. Clearly the big blood crusts still seem to be there. Do you think I should be making more of a point to trying to get Rid of those? Or just take my time and continue and not directly touch recipient hairs until day 8 as instructed? @FUEblonde1985. Also thanks so much for all your insight on your post op experience as well !

45E4410E-30B4-4CDB-9070-C3F77A80BB79.jpeg

Don't rub the recipient area until day 8 per the instructions from Diep. The scabbing will get really hard and it will feel like a thin shell, but the instructions are to keep the scabs in place until day 8 since by then the grafts are fairly secure. 

• Like 1

I got 2,043 grafts to the hairline by Dr. Diep so pretty much the same as you.  I'm on Day 10 right now and so far you are tracking pretty close to what mine looked like.

It gets pretty crusty beginning Day 5...don't worry just follow the instructions he provided.  Day 8 I began to do 20 minute warm showers and light circular rubbing and by today (Day 10) all the crust is gone.

Do you have any pictures of the donor area?  TBH mine looks a bit pulverized and seems like a lot of surface area was used.... pretty much my whole right and back of the head.  Looks like pictures others have posted with different doctors at 3k+ grafts. 

Also, I'm not from the area and had to travel to Los Gatos.  Email communication has been poor for me so far...in fact non-existent.  I've gotten replies from staff but never from Dr. Diep.  How do you get such good communication? Do you just text?  

Thank you

@Jiveturkey82 yeah typically ill text him if i have a serious question i want answered. My donor isnt really too bad at 5 days post op from what i would have thought but maybe its because i am just aware of how Dieps donors will look for like the first month following the procedure. I know it will turn out just fine giving it a month to heal as clearly shown. You should create a thread man and we can follow each others journey!

I was struggling figuring out the best way to take a picture of the back of my head  by myself lmao but I finally realized I could just set my phone on timer mode and turn around so here is what my donor 6 days post op

2D4A3B1D-81F6-4B90-93E9-7A471D2B2B6E.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

You've got a dense donor area. Can't wait for your results to start coming in man, I'm sure you'll be one of Diep's video patients.

• Like 1

View my thread

@Melvin-Moderator Looking forward to this journey and i would be honored to be in the before and after video once it comes to it lolol. It's actually kind of crazy to me how i knew upon doing research and am literally now experiencing how well the donor heals post op regardless of using a 1mm punch. like literally your skin contracts so well and you can't even tell anything was done after like 5-7 days... I guess it's just that initial 1-3 day post op of the donor that looks scary but thats expected lol it all goes away afterwards.

Edited by shookwon33

3 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

@Melvin-Moderator Looking forward to this journey and i would be honored to be in the before and after video once it comes to it lolol. It's actually kind of crazy to me how i knew upon doing research and am literally now experiencing how well the donor heals post op regardless of using a 1mm punch. like literally your skin contracts so well and you can't even tell anything was done after like 5-7 days... I guess it's just that initial 1-3 day post op of the donor that looks scary but thats expected lol it all goes away afterwards.

Any immediate post op donor pics?

@jj51702 nah i was too busy just chilling and resting the first couple of days post op. And i didn't have someone to take a photo of the back of my head for me. This process in itself was a complete solo adventure for me. I told absolutely noone and kept this under the radar completely. Nobody knows including from my girlfriend and my family as well. It was a tricky process but I pulled it off completely.

Edited by shookwon33