2200 Grafts FUE - DR KAAN

doctoroctopus

On 5/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, doctoroctopus said:

Hey Drew,

Everything is going well. My recipient continues to get thicker. I will post more pictures at the 4, 5 and 6 month marks. 

Any more updates on your 4 and half month mark?

11 hours ago, Uncle drew said:

Any more updates on your 4 and half month mark?

Hi Drew, I those pics I just posted are from my 4.5 month mark. I'll post some more pics when I get hold of a better quality camera (might be a couple weeks )

• 3 weeks later...

5 Month Update: 

Hair continues to thicken and get longer. Still very pleased with result. Below I've attached several photos with different lightings. In the second one my hair is wet under direct light and the transplanted hair is still barely noticeable. I have also attached a photo at the end of my pre-transplant state just to give some comparison (I know for some it's not a big difference but for me it's huge).

Will do another update in August when I get a nice camera phone. Cheers!

photo1.thumb.png.fcc6fbfb3d94c9dfd2242f4aa092f7a9.png

photo2.thumb.png.4a6f5de47a54e62c8a059e42713314af.png

photo3.thumb.png.7b3aff304dd756b4a8d02356ac6deba9.png

old2.thumb.png.86dde69f65654827d556ea64c2d08c69.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle drew said:

I’m so confident about my surgery with him in August...can’t wait to meet him and hopefully change my fuckin life 

Nice, how many grafts are you getting? It's ridiculous how much my confidence has gone up since doing it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. For the first time I'm not devoting 50% of my daily energy thinking about hair loss. 

Edited by doctoroctopus

On 7/3/2019 at 12:46 AM, mikeyhwk said:

Great result already. Congrats. If I could ask a question, did the dr give you any indication as to your total donor supply and can we see your donor now. 

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think he said somewhere around 4K grafts remaining as I have pretty thick donor. 

HD Photo Update

I just got a new phone so, as promised here are some higher quality pictures. I'm interested to know your guys' opinions on my exposed hairline photos and the single to double ratio of grafts. 

Back (Donor)

IMG_0029.thumb.JPG.11e4536c3f6a3c19630ec7877f38728e.JPG

IMG_0023.thumb.png.aa6a54984bf55e79caeab3a23ac7ca74.pngIMG_0021.thumb.jpg.4ff278e3b2cfdfeed301495c8abc236e.jpgIMG_0018.thumb.png.971cee4b9be35513ad3732219fdb4a35.pngIMG_0024.thumb.png.cbc67edf7d4114802b5ba3ad47d9072c.png

IMG_0028.thumb.png.ea5f70180bcc0418da8706e0fddb4a19.png

IMG_0026.thumb.png.b9f2dd568cf1c8c384d8ea382c7c2397.png

Edited by doctoroctopus

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 8:47 AM, doctoroctopus said:

Nice, how many grafts are you getting? It's ridiculous how much my confidence has gone up since doing it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. For the first time I'm not devoting 50% of my daily energy thinking about hair loss. 

Hi mate  I’m getting around 2000 grafts I’m very sad the last couple years about my hairloss and constantly thinking about it...I really wanna stop thinking about it and be motivated again :) I wanted to ask u What was the blood tests u had to do exactly before the surgery ? And if u are from the UK where did u do it ? Appreciated man 

22 hours ago, Uncle drew said:

Hi mate  I’m getting around 2000 grafts I’m very sad the last couple years about my hairloss and constantly thinking about it...I really wanna stop thinking about it and be motivated again :) I wanted to ask u What was the blood tests u had to do exactly before the surgery ? And if u are from the UK where did u do it ? Appreciated man 

I had to do blood tests for these groups: HbsAg, hemogram, antiHIV, antiHCV and coagulation test (ptz,Inr). I live in Taiwan so I just did them cheap at a local hospital here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, quick 6 month update. Just got a really short cut and loving it. Never could have pulled this off with my pre-transplant hairline. Here's a picture in direct sunlight and two more from a distance(front and side). 

IMG_0252.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 3.23.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 3.24.01 PM.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr S said:

Looks great! very impressive how good it looks cut so short super dense!

Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to be this dense at 6 months. I think it's a combination of a great job by the surgeon (high graft survival) plus thick donor. 

Very nice results, i'm searching for a good hair transplant surgeon, i don't want it to be cheap but not expensive also, i am looking for one that does personally the surgery and i stumbled upon your story and i am really impressed.. I will send him some pictures this days too see what he thinks... Could you please tell me what was the total cost, how much did you pay for the plane, how much for the hotel and how much did the surgery cost ? If you don't mind and are willing to share of course, i would really appreciate it... And also are you using something like Propecia or Minoxidil ? Thanks in advance and congrats it looks very very very good and natural, enjoy !

9 hours ago, Alekzander said:

Very nice results, i'm searching for a good hair transplant surgeon, i don't want it to be cheap but not expensive also, i am looking for one that does personally the surgery and i stumbled upon your story and i am really impressed.. I will send him some pictures this days too see what he thinks... Could you please tell me what was the total cost, how much did you pay for the plane, how much for the hotel and how much did the surgery cost ? If you don't mind and are willing to share of course, i would really appreciate it... And also are you using something like Propecia or Minoxidil ? Thanks in advance and congrats it looks very very very good and natural, enjoy !

Thanks! I paid 2 Euro per graft, so the total cost of the transplant was 2 X 2,200 = 4,400 Euro. The prices may have gone up since I went though. I paid around $1,000 USD for a return plane ticket from Asia. For the hotel, I found an AirBnB by myself for around 30 Euro per night near the clinic. I stayed for 5 nights, so 30 X 5 = 150 Euro. 

I'm not using any medication as I got side effects from finasteride. I understand the risks of this and am willing to get more transplants down the line to combat future hair loss. 

6 hours ago, doctoroctopus said:

Thanks! I paid 2 Euro per graft, so the total cost of the transplant was 2 X 2,200 = 4,400 Euro. The prices may have gone up since I went though. I paid around $1,000 USD for a return plane ticket from Asia. For the hotel, I found an AirBnB by myself for around 30 Euro per night near the clinic. I stayed for 5 nights, so 30 X 5 = 150 Euro. 

I'm not using any medication as I got side effects from finasteride. I understand the risks of this and am willing to get more transplants down the line to combat future hair loss. 

Nice, thanks for the info, good luck and congrats again on the results ! Better to have another one in 10 years if needed than suffer daily sides from hormonal altering drugs, i have the same mindset !

Edited by Alekzander

On 6/29/2019 at 5:47 PM, doctoroctopus said:

Damn, this one hit home haha. Legit my life, can't remember a time where I wasn't legitimately thinking about hairloss all day, every day.

Congrats on your surgery mate, it looks incredible!