Hair transplant date fixed : Dr Tejinder Bhatti , Darling buds on 1 March 2019

Petroholic

10 month Update -

Point wise summary

1 Continuous improvement on month by month basis even now. I am not a fast grower for sure who gets results in 8-9 months and no more. Still I can see an improvement between 9 month and 10 month mark

2 Regimen followed to the T - as per Dr's recommendation

- finasteride 1 mg - once a day

- Biotin 5mg/10mg - once a day

- Minoxidil 5 - once a day at night

- Hair supplement ( Folli Hair ) - Once a day

- shampoo being used- alternate day -J&J baby shampoo followed by a light conditioner

Once a week Nizoral 2% ( instead of J&J)

3 Had started using Nizoral 2% twice a week in between. However stopped it as it was too drying and it was not recommended on this thread by @Lennney @spex

4  Have taken 3 PRP sessions till now from Dr Bhatti at 2 month time interval

5 Sadly Balding gene is still not leaving me which is evident in non HT area of my head ( back of the scalp and crown )Definitely in the past 10 months the back of the scalp and crown has become thinner . Crown balding is now visible a lot more. The upside is back is less noticeable and a lot lower density HT is required to cover it if needed in 5 years.Nothing that a 2000 graft HT wont solve.

IMG_20200101_221253.jpg

IMG_20200101_221256.jpg

IMG_20200101_221335.jpg

IMG_20200101_221339.jpg

IMG_20200101_221341.jpg

IMG_20200101_221353.jpg

IMG_20200101_221353_01.jpg

IMG_20200101_221402.jpg

IMG_20200101_221406.jpg

IMG_20200101_221413.jpg

IMG_20200101_221416.jpg

IMG_20200101_221512.jpg

IMG_20200101_221531.jpg

IMG_20200101_221551.jpg

IMG_20200101_221601.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Your hair looks fantastic! I think that length suits you!

Glad to see your transformation.

Also, I had a fin shed from about month 6-8. I thought I was balding, but I have much better density now that it passed. (Can't say if it's better or worse than pre fin).

Hairlosspa had a similar experience in his detailed fin thread, and my experience mirrors his. 

I would wait another 3-5 months to see if the balding is genetics, and not "temporary".

Your hair looks very good! I have similar density (obviously haha), and it's all about keeping your hair healthy (not dry and brittle) and finding a good hairstyle. Last time I'll mention it, but coconut oil had been a huge improvement for me for the former. And the latter, my barber just does maintenance haircut every 2-3 weeks, and it's only a slight cut. I wake up every morning and just lift my "bangs" up with a single brush of my hand, and it's good. 

I'd say it's a little different, I think more good than anything, that my hairline is now wavy texture compared to the straight texture I had. I always find myself thinking of that Shrek (3?) Movie where he turns handsome and he has wavy front locks. The wavy attribute could be partially due to my routine, but regardless of how it happened, I'm grateful since it helps my hair appear more full.

Great update! I only hope you didn't go out in town with your tag hanging out of your shirt!

• Like 2

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

14 hours ago, Lennney said:

Wow! Your hair looks fantastic! I think that length suits you!

Glad to see your transformation.

Also, I had a fin shed from about month 6-8. I thought I was balding, but I have much better density now that it passed. (Can't say if it's better or worse than pre fin).

Hairlosspa had a similar experience in his detailed fin thread, and my experience mirrors his. 

I would wait another 3-5 months to see if the balding is genetics, and not "temporary".

Your hair looks very good! I have similar density (obviously haha), and it's all about keeping your hair healthy (not dry and brittle) and finding a good hairstyle. Last time I'll mention it, but coconut oil had been a huge improvement for me for the former. And the latter, my barber just does maintenance haircut every 2-3 weeks, and it's only a slight cut. I wake up every morning and just lift my "bangs" up with a single brush of my hand, and it's good. 

I'd say it's a little different, I think more good than anything, that my hairline is now wavy texture compared to the straight texture I had. I always find myself thinking of that Shrek (3?) Movie where he turns handsome and he has wavy front locks. The wavy attribute could be partially due to my routine, but regardless of how it happened, I'm grateful since it helps my hair appear more full.

Great update! I only hope you didn't go out in town with your tag hanging out of your shirt!

Thanks.

And I still think there is progress left.

Will keep on posting every month.I am sure the best is still in the coming months.

Hi Petroholic,

I have been following your HT progress. You have done an amazing job at documenting your HT journey so far. Thank you! 

Your hair looks awesome. That hair length and style looks good on you.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

11 month update :

Well Hair loss is really a bitch.

The transplanted area in frontal scalp has got better.

However there is significant hair loss in the past 1 year in the crown and the back half of the scalp.

Good thing is that the frontal portion is much more important to give an impression of a non balding head and now due to my post transplant hair I am easily able to cover the back portion ahead.

Following the same regimen as above :

- shampoo being used- alternate day -J&J baby shampoo followed by a light conditioner

Hopefully this will be last month of using minoxidil and J&J shampoo . Will revert back to normal shampoo.

IMG_20200202_195759.jpg

IMG_20200202_194712.jpg

IMG_20200202_194754.jpg

IMG_20200202_194755.jpg

IMG_20200202_194758.jpg

IMG_20200202_194807.jpg

IMG_20200202_194810.jpg

IMG_20200202_194818.jpg

IMG_20200202_194853.jpg

IMG_20200202_194912.jpg

IMG_20200202_194946.jpg

IMG_20200202_194956.jpg

IMG_20200202_195008.jpg

IMG_20200202_195013.jpg

IMG_20200202_195141.jpg

IMG_20200202_195729.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 8:07 AM, Petroholic said:

; thSo recently completed 1 year.

How is the result guys ?

@California

@Lennney

@HLPToronto

Hey Petro, 

Just posted some random pics on my post, check them out , i am very happy with my results and you results, Lennney's looks really good. New beginnings for us : the bhatti patients lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Petro,

Your hair is looking fantastic, congratulations on a fine result.

As for the crown, I remember pointing that out a while back but you should be fine covering it with your surrounding hair for the foreseeable future.

There's no harm in keeping Minoxidil in your armory to combat any future loss.

As for the baby shampoo, I've tried many shampoos over the years and find that the few times a week I apply oil (coconut or baby oil) to my scalp then the baby shampoo is best to wash it out with and leaves it looking and feeling the best. Also you could try Nizoral shampoo a couple of times a week.

Thank you again for sharing your journey, if you need any future help or advice feel free to contact myself or a member of the team.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Edited by Shera
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, Petroholic said:

11 month update :

Well Hair loss is really a bitch.

The transplanted area in frontal scalp has got better.

However there is significant hair loss in the past 1 year in the crown and the back half of the scalp.

Good thing is that the frontal portion is much more important to give an impression of a non balding head and now due to my post transplant hair I am easily able to cover the back portion ahead.

Following the same regimen as above :

Hopefully this will be last month of using minoxidil and J&J shampoo . Will revert back to normal shampoo.

IMG_20200202_195013.jpg

Your hair looks great!! I get a similar pattern on my head too. I notice it coming up either when I get my hair too long (and it lies in a way that exposes "streaks" of bald. I also get these mostly in the mornings after I wake up, and it is most rare after a shower when my hair is light and full of volume. It may be a simple fix of taking morning showers *if your case is similar to mine in that regard*) , and when I don't wash my hair/ hair gets too heavy; and the hair clumps together from my own oils or from not getting "enough" of the coco oil out.

But, I completely agree with Shera on combing it over. I comb my own hair over now, but primarily on top of my head. A little embarrassing, but nothing too provocative that makes people think too hard about your hair. Just know it can be an issue, and check your hair OR EVEN BETTER, figure out what solves it and do that occasionally. I know messing my hair on top achieves this objective, so I just mess the hair a bit if I see on my phone camera that my hair is exposing too much. 

I'm very happy for you for your results, and I agree that the hairline is critical. Your hairline is robust, and looks great!

• Like 1

Airfare guide

On 2/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, HLPToronto said:

Hey Petro, 

Just posted some random pics on my post, check them out , i am very happy with my results and you results, Lennney's looks really good. New beginnings for us : the bhatti patients lol :)

The *Bhatti Bus* if you remember. 😄

• Like 2

Airfare guide

Thanks @HLPToronto and @Lennney Thanks for the comments guys and regular support during this year long journey. Just had a look at both of your threads and happy to see that all three of us have got excellent results.

My journey is not finished yet I think , the texture is changing and I think I am one of those guys that will have a growth span of close to 18 months.

@Shera Thanks for the help. I still remember that depressing evening I wrote to you and gave you a call taking your advice . Was in a huge confusion on whether to go ahead with the HT . And if yes with who since this was a major spend for me.Your reassurance mattered a lot.

And to Dr Bhatti , for giving me a solution to a problem which was worrying me for long. This has been one of the best decisions of my Life. I only regret not going in for it much earlier . It took me 9 months to decide , between my first visit to Dr Bhatti and the treatment day .

Dr Bhatti and his team have been more than supportive during the entire journey . Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

I know that I am balding and may have to go in for a second transplant in the future too. But now I have a solution at hand .I hope I can prolong the same by at least 5 years

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Your hairline looks to have thickened up considerably in these pics

Thanks.Maybe it has or maybe it is just play of light. Can't tell with surity.

What I am sure about is that the growth is still happening at 12 month mark. It is visible in the texture change especially.

As I have said before, I seem to be one of those late bloomers with a growth span of 18 months.

Considering the above in mind I was also confused about whether to extend my post HT hair regimen.

The year long supply of some medicines like - Biotin , Minoxidil 5 , Folli hair ( a hair based multivitamin ) has finished . I would also like to shift from the johnsons baby shampoo to a normal biotique sulfate free shampoo since the baby shampoo leaved my thin hair very dry/damaged .

However I will continue taking the Fin 1mg as I have been doing the same for past 5 years .

Still in two minds whether to continue the minoxidil ,J & J shampoo , biotin for 6 more months

• Administrators

Looks fantastic, Dr. Bhatti hits another home run.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

@Melvin-Moderator

Read one of your posts regarding styling products on the following page-

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/48874-do-hair-transplants-require-styling-products/?tab=comments#comment-452021

Can you recommend some good styling products.

I have fine , thinning and fragile hair as seen in posts above and an oily scalp.

Although I have never used styling products but with the lockdown in place and hair length increasing and becoming unmanageable ( maybe due to the change in texture too of transplanted hair. Need a light weight styling product urgently.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Petroholic said:

@Melvin-Moderator

Read one of your posts regarding styling products on the following page-

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/48874-do-hair-transplants-require-styling-products/?tab=comments#comment-452021

Can you recommend some good styling products.

I have fine , thinning and fragile hair as seen in posts above and an oily scalp.

Although I have never used styling products but with the lockdown in place and hair length increasing and becoming unmanageable ( maybe due to the change in texture too of transplanted hair. Need a light weight styling product urgently.

I really like Redken Brews maneuvering cream. It has a pliable hold and a matte finish. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

15 month update - Before Haircut due to Lock Down

The hair is long due to lockdown restrictions

Excuse the quality of pics since I am not at my usual place and dont have access to a selfie stick.

But consired it better to provide an update since it has been long time

Post car regimen :

Finasteride 1 mg -once a day

Biotin 5 mg - stopped at 12 month mark

Minoxidil - stopped at 12 month mark

Hair supplement( Folli Hair ) - stopped at 12 month mark

shampoo -J & J baby shampoo and a light conditioner , Once a week Nizral 2%

Considering adding dutasteride weekly -post consultation with Dr Bhatti to slow balding on crown and posterior portion of scalp.

IMG_20200604_015840_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20200604_015905.jpg

IMG_20200604_015907.jpg

IMG_20200604_015910.jpg

IMG_20200604_015922.jpg

IMG_20200604_015931.jpg

IMG_20200604_015943.jpg

IMG_20200604_020139.jpg

IMG_20200604_020142.jpg

IMG_20200604_020150.jpg

IMG_20200604_015827_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20200604_015831_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20200604_015835_Bokeh.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

19 month update

So here is the latest update.

Made certain changes to my hair care regimen . The goal after 19 months has changed from having a great first hair transplant to maintaining the result and existing hair,thus eliminating the requirement for a second hair transplant till a long time.

The changes added by me can be broadly classified into two groups :

A )Recommended by my hair transplant doctor Dr Bhatti ( proven methods ) which are as follows :

1  Finasteride 1 mg - daily

- take only finpecia mfr cipla and no other brand ( influenced by spencer kobren who only recommends sticking to a particular known brand rather than changing brands ) 

-Have been taking the same for past 6-7 years and intend to continue till there is no other cure for male pattern baldness.

2 Minoxidil 5 - application once daily at night 

-followed strictly for 1 year post hair transplant.

- Now use only along hairline , say 4-5 times a week . My intention was to stop at 18 month mark .Will be stopping soon once the current bottle finishes

3 Dutasteride 0.5 mg - once a week - replacing finasteride 1 mg on that day

- since past 4 months

- taking it with consultation from Dr Bhatti via mails

4 Biotin 5mg-stopped

5 Johnsons & Johnsons shampoo -stopped and replaced with normal shampoo

B) Regimen steps added by me - which I feel will be beneficial - however not proven by medical science 

1 St botanica shampoo and conditioner combo- Replaced johnsons baby shampoo at 16 month mark with Biotique shampoo . Later on replaced with this product.

- Use shampoo every alternate day

- It is a sulphate/paraben/SLS/mineral oil  free shampoo which is made of natural ingredients

- Somehow instantly reduced my hair fall to quite less

- Details below for people interested

https://www.stbotanica.in/product/biotin-collagen-volumizing-hair-shampoo-biotin-collagen-hair-conditioner/

image.thumb.png.13988fa434c067c57713d9253c61674d.png

2 Hair Oil -weekly once

-since my scalp is oily I keep it just weekly once

- Hair oil is a self prepared mixture of following cold pressed oils : coconut oil ( 15%) , almond oil(15%),castor oil(15%),olive oil(15%),Jojoba oil(15%),vitamin E oil(5%), rosemary oil(15%),tea tree oil(5%).

- No mineral oil

- keep it on my scalp from anywhere between 2 hrs to overnight depending on how busy I am.

- shampoo used for washing oil is always Nizoral 2% and no conditioner. 

3 Nizoral 2 % shampoo -( Nizral brand by J&J)- contains ketocanazole 2%

- used weekly once instead of normal shampoo

-Added because it is considered a part of Big 3

-Also added because I have suffered sabbhoric dermatitis problems in past.

- Always preceded with Hair oil

- Quite drying and not cosmetically pleasing on hair. 

C) Hair styling -

- use bare minimum products only

- No hair colour even though I have tried pure Henna in past due to my excessive grey hair. However find it cumbersome and am paranoid of using chemicals on my sensitive scalp and hair. Will prefer black/white hair to a bald head.

- Use batiste clean and classic original dry shampoo on days I am not shampooing.

image.thumb.png.0624292efcf72b535daa4d7b397b9249.png

- Use schwazkopf taft spray ( very minimal )  only to create a  side part and to tame any unruly hair 

image.thumb.png.771037a88d694141fd4ab7b0288a7334.png

- My style is fixed . A side part with 4-5 inch long hair on top . Sloping on sides and back.

-Need a haircut on sides and back and hair trim on top every month with this style. However stretch it to 1.5 months mostly.

- Always use a large comb  like below and hand combing. Always comb only fully dried hair. Never on wet hair

image.thumb.png.38e1aec0f19184bf2159123c268e3365.png

- No hair dryer . Wash hair at night and let them dry naturally.

As you can see I have meticulously crafted a hair mentainence regimen suitable for me . And yes I am paranoid enough of sticking to this regimen. But I think that is natural after suffering from Hair loss at a young age for many years and finally finding a solution.

Now on to pictures-IMG_20200911_195636.thumb.jpg.37c942b20d985d116ec92b492351c34d.jpgIMG_20200911_195933.thumb.jpg.bbf7d874ba0e36d0bcb561f15acd623f.jpgIMG_20200911_195936.thumb.jpg.5baf83b91d951b31209ee5454fb705c6.jpgIMG_20200911_195937.thumb.jpg.06550d21af2bdd5cc148cb99999c8a50.jpgIMG_20200911_195938.thumb.jpg.c8ea3a00e66a25c3b9519413f2e02f49.jpgIMG_20200911_195111.thumb.jpg.b7d84b61f2b5405bd881e1c15b627c93.jpgIMG_20200911_195301.thumb.jpg.a77f2d8a0ebd27dd85fd03f9aa9d96da.jpgIMG_20200911_195354.thumb.jpg.be2e592c96ea6797cd440416dd6bcf57.jpgIMG_20200911_195358.thumb.jpg.a2d49a79050789d28cec6990b907a7a6.jpgIMG_20200911_195403.thumb.jpg.8d0a19f200492211b03d630cb6a2360d.jpgIMG_20200911_195526.thumb.jpg.8bb7393c57eed88855840ee1ad0d9bde.jpgIMG_20200911_195936.thumb.jpg.5baf83b91d951b31209ee5454fb705c6.jpgIMG_20200911_195526.thumb.jpg.8bb7393c57eed88855840ee1ad0d9bde.jpgIMG_20200911_195530.thumb.jpg.7b6ae9952ae79dbc54ce067b06b5dd49.jpgIMG_20200911_195603.thumb.jpg.99e4080ca5fe3998b022503150f8cb85.jpgIMG_20200911_195629.thumb.jpg.9b1273f6c80dd656fd37cce6452094f2.jpg

• Thanks 1