Hair transplant date fixed : Dr Tejinder Bhatti , Darling buds on 1 March 2019

Petroholic

5 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello Hlptoronto. Good to hear your HT is going very well. 

Best wishes for your PRP packages.

Will the PRP package help your newly transplanted hair or is it for your hair you didnt get transplanted.?  The reason I ask is a top doctor told me it makes no difference to the newly transplanted hair.

Thanks again.

..........Paddy........

Hello Paddy, i think it does matter. PRP really boosts HT results if taken after 3 months between 3 - 12  months period. 

Platelets trigger lots of blood circulation, I have also seen a youtuber whose results I follow. He took PRP and it really boosted his results.... one of the best results in my opinion and he gives credit to PRP. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, HLPToronto said:

Hello Paddy, i think it does matter. PRP really boosts HT results if taken after 3 months between 3 - 12  months period. 

Platelets trigger lots of blood circulation, I have also seen a youtuber whose results I follow. He took PRP and it really boosted his results.... one of the best results in my opinion and he gives credit to PRP. 

What's the name of the youtuber ?? Would like to follow .

5 month 1 week update -

So visited Dr Bhatti at the 5 month mark.

Also took a PRP+A cell treatment.

Dr Bhatti said that the growth is normal at 5 month mark. All is OK as per him.

Further he does not recommend PRP and in his experience is not of much use. But he still offers the same if patients persists.

Still not decided whether I should take PRP or not. If I do go ahead I think I should take it at day 30 and day 90 from my first prp and then wait for result .  What do you guys suggest  . should I go for it ? If yes then at what duration ?

As far as the results are concerned . All looks good the day I shampoo like seen in pics below. But the moment I apply 1 ml minoxidyl or just the next day of shampoo ( I shampoo alternate day ) the illusion of a full head of hair is gone.

This was the case before HT too.

Still waiting for the day when I would be able to go a day without shampoo or carry off a little minoxidyl.

My current meds are-( from the day of my HT )

1 biotin 5 mg - once a day

2 finasteride 1mg - once a day

3 minoxidyl 5 - once a day

4 nizoral 2% shampoo - once a week

5 J & J baby shampoo - alternate day 

RO water for hair washing as water in my city is abnormally hard.

IMG_20190720_211645.jpg

IMG_20190720_211648.jpg

IMG_20190720_211714.jpg

IMG_20190720_211723.jpg

IMG_20190720_211735.jpg

IMG_20190720_211739.jpg

IMG_20190720_211747.jpg

IMG_20190720_211758.jpg

IMG_20190720_211759.jpg

IMG_20190720_211840.jpg

IMG_20190720_211856.jpg

IMG_20190720_211904.jpg

IMG_20190720_211905.jpg

• Like 1

Apply minox (I don't use anything near 1ml, since I use the spray nozzle, I just spray the base of my HT) and try to let it sit and dry for an hour to hour and a half. I found that once it dries, I can style my hair similar to pre-minox, but the minox will hold the shape of my styling. I think it's normal to loose the illusion of density after wetting your hair.

For me, month 5 was the start of when my hair could pass as "normal". It improved greatly in the next month. Good progress in my opinion as well for the 5 month mark. The hairline is there, and so are the temples. Now it just needs more time to grow, thicken, and blend into the rest of your hair. Good haircare, with only concern being nizoral. I searched forum and saw Bill advocate against it (certain percentage one, forgot which), so I ditched it entirely. It still looks at me in the shower. Good job with RO water. Clean and easy to use for your scalp. Have you considered going full-time on biotin after the ~6 months Bhatti recommends? Hlptoronto and I have been looking at less costly mixes of biotin+FA that comes in the tinfal. Tinfal is nice and convenient, but substantially more than the individual components.

I can't vote for or against PRP, but I will say this: I would do whatever the conventional wisdom says to do. If 70%+ does something, I would probably do it. I hate to go against doc's recommendation, but if the overwhelming majority do it, I would probably do it as well. With PRP, I don't know if most docs recommend/apply PRP for their patients. To illustrate, there's a good doc, I believe Diep, who does not recommend applying saline post surgery, and as a result, his patients have extremely crusty surgery areas in donor and especially recipient. His results are good, but he says it's not necessary. In this case, I would consider applying saline for a week or two because it's the overwhelming consensus, and I would do it. With PRP, I don't know if there's consensus either way, plus, the in-favor of PRP recommend using it earlier than 5 months to boost initial growth (I think), so idk if the "ship has sailed". I just quick checked and some recommended after HT (week or two) and again at 6 months. I honestly think that if YOU think it'll help, it's worth it. If you're undecided, or you think it's not necessary, don't do it. Maybe there's a study on it? I haven't looked into it, but I am curious to read about it!

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 1 month later...

6.5 month update -

Just four days left for six and a half month to complete. So will count this as the six and a half month update

Following the finax . minoxidil, nizoral once a week , biotin , folli hair supplement routine

But will finally stop the minoxidil at 7 month mark. Or just use it alternate days at night so that I can wash it next morning

Maybe can return to normal shampoo ( after HT was using baby shampoo )

Will consult Dr Bhatti on the above two things

Have a second PRP session scheduled with Dr Bhatti on 4th september.

So how is my progress guys.

IMG_20190823_233551.jpg

IMG_20190823_233601.jpg

IMG_20190823_233606.jpg

IMG_20190823_233615.jpg

IMG_20190823_233648.jpg

IMG_20190823_233654.jpg

IMG_20190823_233702.jpg

IMG_20190823_233706.jpg

IMG_20190823_233709.jpg

IMG_20190823_233710.jpg

IMG_20190823_233754.jpg

IMG_20190823_233823.jpg

IMG_20190823_233829.jpg

I would highly recommend you not drop minoxidil less than once a day. You don’t want to trigger a shed at this point in your regrowth. The half life of minoxidil is 22 hours according to dr Robert Bernstein so once a day is sufficient. You can apply at night and wash out in morning.

this is my opinion and I am not a medical professional. Please follow up with your ht doctor to get their opinion :)

22 hours ago, jj51702 said:

I would highly recommend you not drop minoxidil less than once a day. You don’t want to trigger a shed at this point in your regrowth. The half life of minoxidil is 22 hours according to dr Robert Bernstein so once a day is sufficient. You can apply at night and wash out in morning.

this is my opinion and I am not a medical professional. Please follow up with your ht doctor to get their opinion :)

Thanks for the advice .

However Dr Bhatti suggests that minoxidil for 6 months post op  is sufficient.I will be using for 7 months .

the only problem with it is that the wetness look already thin hair , balding .

1 hour ago, Petroholic said:

Thanks for the advice .

However Dr Bhatti suggests that minoxidil for 6 months post op  is sufficient.I will be using for 7 months .

the only problem with it is that the wetness look already thin hair , balding .

Have u tried the foam? It eliminates many of those issues

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Petroholic 

I think your progress looks right on track for 6 months. I would also suggest not dropping minoxidil. If you do have PRP I would encourage you to post your progress on here. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking back through the thread, I think your results look promising. You have new growth where there was none before. The growth you have is like my growth, very thin and curly. I too need to have it thicken up. I looked at myself in mirror (I'll try posting update tomorrow), and my hair looks very similar to yours. I see the area Bhatti worked on has more density, along with the new hairline. The issue you and I have is that the new density doesn't look good against the contrast with existing density. I recommend going to get a haircut like you had at 3 months, and especially thinning out the non-DHT prone crown (the toilet seat shaped area). It is the part that gets the most dense.

I think that the two steps I would take is waiting for the thickening (not sure how long your or my case will take), and finding a flattering haircut. 

I also started to thin (maybe fin shed, maybe I'm getting balder!) in my top+crown. So I gently push hair sideways. I'll try to explain tomorrow on my post. There's no issue with styling your hair to fit you. I see a lot of posts that essentially want care-free hair. They want to look good all the time from all angles. I just wanted to not be bald! If it takes a few seconds to a few minutes to accomplish a look you like, it is what it is.

Again, I recommend modifying styling options. Without a haircut, your HT hair is at a disadvantage to the native highly-dense hair. If you don't want to cut it all down to a 3 month point, I recommend using thinning shears and reducing the amount your non-recipient hair "falls" on itself. Any additional perceived density on surrounding hair reduces perceived density on recipient hair site.

• Like 1

Airfare guide

• 2 weeks later...

I am taking prp with a cell and will be taking 2nd session today after 1.5 month from 1st session from Dr Bhatti  .

Thanks for the replies @Lennney

@HLPToronto @Melvin-Moderator and others.

I am not thinking much of results now as I think it is futile . Just doing all efforts and taking pics once a month .

Time and Next 6 months will till rest of the story.

Edited by Petroholic

2 minutes ago, Petroholic said:

I am taking prp with a cell and will be taking 2nd session today after 1.5 month from 1st session from Dr Bhatti  .

Thanks for the replies @Lennney

@HLPToronto @Melvin-Moderator and others.

I am not thinking much of results now as I think it is  . Just doing all efforts and taking pics once a month .

Time and Next 6 months will till rest of the story.

Just wondering why you are undergoing prp if your doctor doesn’t recommend it? Not saying you’re doing anything wrong just genuinely curious.

9 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Just wondering why you are undergoing prp if your doctor doesn’t recommend it? Not saying you’re doing anything wrong just genuinely curious.

Just because it has a lot of promising results online .If anything comes after finasteride and minoxidyl , then prp it is .

Secondly my type of hair loss ( diffuse thinning all over scalp ) seems a perfect case for prp treatment .

My doc Dr Bhatti seems to me as a person who works with military precision . From very beginning He has recommended  only what has sure shot result . Nothing more nothing less .

Maybe that is the reason he doesn't recommend prp( which works only In 50%-60% of cases )

However me personally want to give my first HT my best shot . This is a long term procedure . Want to have HT just once ( or twice if unfortunate ) and then move on .

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Guys need a little help to tweak my hair shampoo regimen .

I currently shampoo alternate days . 

I shampoo alternatively with Johnson's baby shampoo and nizoral 2% shampoo . Use a boutique conditioner for thinning hair post the application .

The nizoral 2% shampoo makes hair dry . So I am thinking of changing to regenpure Dr instead .

What do you guys advise ?

Note: I am using nizoral 2% twice a week because of the big 3 theory

Why not just deep condition your hair 2X's per week for like 30 minutes like some women do.  Continue w/the Nizoral 2%

Instead of the baby shampoo - switch to a shampoo that smooths the cuticles and is specifically formulated to not dry out your hair.  Baby shampoo is very drying imho.

Edited by jjsrader

I remember reading that some people had issues with the nizoral shampoo post HT. I think maybe it was bill or another senior member. It helped me drop nizoral from my routine because I also didn't enjoy the dry scalp that felt a little irritated.

In the last 5 months, I've stopped washing my hair with shampoo every day. If I shower, I just use water on hair, and when I do wash it, which is about 2-3 times a week I use(d) nioxin and now the bos-revive shampoo and conditioner. It is similar to the nioxin, and does leave my hair with more volume. 

In the last 3 months, I've started using coconut oil, and that has been the best change of all. I microwave it behaves like an oil, and massage it in for 5 minutes. I then let it sit. I went from sitting it for 30 minutes to 90 minutes currently. I then shampoo and condition, and my hair feels and behaves great!

I also alternate some days with baby shampoo, but rarely now. In my opinion, it's not the cause of your dry scalp; nizoral is. Oh and I just checked my nizoral, it was 1%. I can imagine your drying is worse than mine If you're using double the concentration.

Airfare guide

@lenney

The reason for using nizoral is that it comes under big 3 ( minoxidil,finasteride,ketocanazole ) . Also Dr Bhatti is ok with using nizoral twice a week after HT.

The reason for using Johnson & Johnson shampoo is that , as per my doctor's hair transplant regimen , I have to use it for 3 more months .

I combat dryness by using a mild conditioner .

Issue is not with dryness as It is tolerable .

However hair do not look good since these shampoos do not have cosmetic properties.

The only reason I wanted to switch from nizoral 2% to regenpure Dr was that I have an extra bottle and it also contains ketocanazole 1% . Apart from that it contains many ingredients which are useful .

Has anybody used regenpure Dr for it's ketocanazole affect ( as part of big 3 ) ?

2 hours ago, Petroholic said:

@lenney

The reason for using nizoral is that it comes under big 3 ( minoxidil,finasteride,ketocanazole ) . Also Dr Bhatti is ok with using nizoral twice a week after HT.

The reason for using Johnson & Johnson shampoo is that , as per my doctor's hair transplant regimen , I have to use it for 3 more months .

I combat dryness by using a mild conditioner .

Issue is not with dryness as It is tolerable .

However hair do not look good since these shampoos do not have cosmetic properties.

The only reason I wanted to switch from nizoral 2% to regenpure Dr was that I have an extra bottle and it also contains ketocanazole 1% . Apart from that it contains many ingredients which are useful .

Has anybody used regenpure Dr for it's ketocanazole affect ( as part of big 3 ) ?

I looked up some nizoral posts, and there is a decent sized minority recommending staying away from it. Here is a post from Spex from back in the day warning against nizoral. 

Also, I briefly checked the thread, but you didn't have another HT, did you? If I remember correctly, I think the baby shampoo was for a max of like 90 days. I can go check my paperwork, but I definitely stopped after the recommended period was up. Again, for cosmetic properties, the coconut oil was the best. It gives my hair volume, shine and softness. For comparison, with regular shampoo that I mentioned, which is still pretty good, my hair has a more wiry and stiff feel. With the oil, my hair feels more bouncy. I know that nizoral was a recommended treatment, part of the big 3 like you mention, but I'm just a little skittish of using it immediately post HT

Also, I mentioned it on my own thread, but, I got off of minox in last 2-3 months. I got a little tired of applying it, and I didn't see much progress with it. I swapped it for the oil at same time, and I like the results so far. If I were to go back on minox, I am definitely interested in either the oral version, and to a much lesser degree, derma rolling (don't want to bleed several times a week).

Best of luck!

• Like 2

Airfare guide

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 1:22 AM, Lennney said:

I looked up some nizoral posts, and there is a decent sized minority recommending staying away from it. Here is a post from Spex from back in the day warning against nizoral. 

can you recommend me a good shampoo and/or conditioner 9 months over after my HT and using any shampoo i could find :( 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, HLPToronto said:

can you recommend me a good shampoo and/or conditioner 9 months over after my HT and using any shampoo i could find :( 

What I've had a good experience with is nioxin shampoo and conditioner, and then I switched to bosley shampoo and conditioner. But the best change happened when I stopped washing hair every day, and just rinsed it with water. But even better still is: when you wash your hair, massage in coconut oil on your scalp and leave it in for an hour. Then do a regular wash and condition, but with more massaging than usual, to get the coconut oil out.

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide