Hair transplant date fixed : Dr Tejinder Bhatti , Darling buds on 1 March 2019

Petroholic

Week 9 Update-

Week 9 completed as of now.
So I am in the mid of shedding phase. No new growth yet. Most of the hair have shed and I see just one or two hair in my hand while applying night minoxidil.
Numbness is present in recipient area

Thing that is strange is , from the very beginning my office colleagues are able to notice my hair transplant , many have commented on it. Don't know why. It is embarrassing to deny them. Don't know why ,maybe I went bald suddenly , maybe because I wore a black bandana for some days in office , But it is strange since most people who have got it done from a good doc claim that their HT went unnoticeable

IMG_20190422_222905.jpg

DEBUG_IMG_20190422_222737.jpg

IMG_20190422_222521.jpg

IMG_20190422_222526.jpg

IMG_20190422_222531.jpg

IMG_20190422_222537.jpg

IMG_20190422_222800.jpg

I was still looking not good at my 9 week mark. Don't worry, it's all part of the recovery. There's a Teddy Roosevelt quote: Comparison is the their of joy. Don't get down. The growth cycle has barely begun. I think month 3, week 12 or so for you, is when I began to be happy with what I saw in the mirror. Each day since has been an improvement on that.

I sympathize with you on others noticing your HT. My redness is lightening, but still "obvious" if you know what you're looking for.

As for the scalp numbness, mine has 90-95% gone away at this point. At your point of two months, it was about 60%. It's normal.

So what you're going through is the ugliest phase, and it gets better. Keep the spirits up! 

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 2 weeks later...

I am very happy today.

Today first time after 77 days ( 11 weeks to be precise ) I have felt that my appearance has changed a little due to my hair transplant.

Why ? Because I can see some results in my'temple area leading to my forehead appearing smaller.

I am not posting pictures yet because my hair currently are 1.5 day old after shampoo and with minoxidil applied yesterday night.

All my photos from now on will be without any product /medicine , shampooed recently and naturally dried to keep the comparisons fare throughout the course of my journey.

Petro,

Thanks for updating us and letting us know that you are starting to see some positive change due to your hair transplant. If you have an already, I really encourage you to create a hair loss patient website  choose the best way to document your progress with photos, videos and more. You can even rate and review your hair transplant surgeon.  

In fact, we recently updated and modernized our patient websites to be completely 100% mobile friendly. So you can use your mobile device to  share your experience, upload your photos, share videos and rate your surgeon.  

Just go to www.hairlossweblogs.com. 

When you’re done, you can add a link to your patient website in your discussion forum signature and even this topic. For instructions on adding a link to your patient website in your forum signature, click here

Please let me know if you do create one and update us by posting a link here if you do so we can comment on it. 

Best wishes,

Bill

3 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Petro,

Thanks for updating us and letting us know that you are starting to see some positive change due to your hair transplant. If you have an already, I really encourage you to create a hair loss patient website  choose the best way to document your progress with photos, videos and more. You can even rate and review your hair transplant surgeon.  

In fact, we recently updated and modernized our patient websites to be completely 100% mobile friendly. So you can use your mobile device to  share your experience, upload your photos, share videos and rate your surgeon.  

Just go to www.hairlossweblogs.com. 

When you’re done, you can add a link to your patient website in your discussion forum signature and even this topic. For instructions on adding a link to your patient website in your forum signature, click here

Please let me know if you do create one and update us by posting a link here if you do so we can comment on it. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill

How is it different from updating my thread over here ?

• 3 weeks later...

Month 3 / Day 94 Update

Hairline had started forming at 2.5 month mark that is about 15 days back

Temples appeared filled and forehead shorter.

Rest the results at 3 month/94 days mark is here to see for all .

Numbness in recipient area still present on touch.

Regarding minoxidil I had moved from solution then to foam and then to solution. Unlike opinions all over internet I find the solution much less greasy and easier to apply than foam. So have stuck to solution only.

IMG_20190519_163304.jpg

IMG_20190519_163306.jpg

IMG_20190519_163307.jpg

IMG_20190519_163325.jpg

IMG_20190519_163332.jpg

IMG_20190519_163336.jpg

IMG_20190519_163339.jpg

IMG_20190519_163344.jpg

IMG_20190519_163349.jpg

IMG_20190519_163420.jpg

IMG_20190519_163424.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update Month 4-day 126

So this is the result post 4 months.

Don't know what to make of it . Whether it is good or not.

Slightly worried since the result does not seem that great.

Expert comments will be welcome.

Rest have got a haircut only from sides and back leaving the top as it is  for past 4 months.

Numbness in recipient area still present.

IMG_20190619_230239.jpg

IMG_20190619_230243.jpg

IMG_20190619_230246.jpg

IMG_20190619_230254.jpg

IMG_20190619_230256.jpg

IMG_20190619_230308.jpg

IMG_20190619_230311.jpg

IMG_20190619_230314.jpg

IMG_20190619_230316.jpg

IMG_20190619_230328.jpg

IMG_20190619_230221.jpg

IMG_20190619_230224.jpg

IMG_20190619_230232.jpg

IMG_20190619_230235.jpg

Hi

looking at your posts and photos, it looks like you suffered shock ln your frontal area but it looks to have recovered and now looks like the transplanted  grafts are starting to grow. 4-months is very early to judge the progress so don’t stress too much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hi

looking at your posts and photos, it looks like you suffered shock ln your frontal area but it looks to have recovered and now looks like the transplanted  grafts are starting to grow. 4-months is very early to judge the progress so don’t stress too much.

2 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Hair started sprouting at 4 months, wait until 6 month period. between 4 to 6 month timeline is when wonders happen :) 

I saw this post you both commented on, and I think @Petroholic would appreciate seeing it as well.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54453-3000-grafts-fue-hair-transplant-result-0-to-7-months-–-hdc-hair-clinic-cyprus/?tab=comments#comment-512259

Edit: I was also shocked to find I had numbness into my 4th month as well. I currently have none, and it feels like I can't remember the sensation. It's like a cold, once it's gone, you don't appreciate "not being sick." I for sure obviously had it go away in the 5th month. My numbness was very minor. Only slight tingling and dullness sensation and nearly exclusively in my "tuft" of hair I had before surgery. Is the numbness "bad" or minor?

Edited by Lennney
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Airfare guide

On 6/21/2019 at 5:47 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Hi

Not sure about frontal shock loss . I don't think there was any.

Yes 4 month is too early to guess however ppl are in better condition at 4 month mark

Maybe I am not a fast grower is all it means currently

Rest , hoping for the best

On 6/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, HLPToronto said:

Hair started sprouting at 4 months, wait until 6 month period. between 4 to 6 month timeline is when wonders happen :) 

On 6/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, Lennney said:

I saw this post you both commented on, and I think @Petroholic would appreciate seeing it as well.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54453-3000-grafts-fue-hair-transplant-result-0-to-7-months-–-hdc-hair-clinic-cyprus/?tab=comments#comment-512259

Edit: I was also shocked to find I had numbness into my 4th month as well. I currently have none, and it feels like I can't remember the sensation. It's like a cold, once it's gone, you don't appreciate "not being sick." I for sure obviously had it go away in the 5th month. My numbness was very minor. Only slight tingling and dullness sensation and nearly exclusively in my "tuft" of hair I had before surgery. Is the numbness "bad" or minor?

@HLPTorontohoping for the best

@Lennney Thanks lennney for the thread.

All i can say is that I am eagerly waiting.

Regarding numbness , it is still there in recipient area only , It is felt on touching only and is mild

20 minutes ago, Petroholic said:

@HLPTorontohoping for the best

@Lennney Thanks lennney for the thread.

All i can say is that I am eagerly waiting.

Regarding numbness , it is still there in recipient area only , It is felt on touching only and is mild

Yeah, this is what I experienced and it just vanished sometime in the next month. I had a similar level of numbness for maybe 2 or 3 months. Most went away, but this recipient, and localized to a small area remained. I was a little nervous that it would be permanent, but now, like I said, it's completely gone.

Try thinking good and happy thoughts. I focused on every improvement over my prior condition, and that made it easier for me. I only focused on how I looked at the moment, not how I wanted to look. I don't know if I even had a "goal" of look... I only didn't want to look bald. 

I did use all the treatments though, but I stopped using nizoral shampoo. I didn't use it til month 2.5 and I only used it 2 times a week or so. Apparently Bill wrote an article about why a certain percentage one (3%, not my 2% one) is bad for post HT. I stopped for precaution. 

Best of luck and please keep updating! Stay positive!

• Like 1

Airfare guide

4th Month - 2nd set of pics

Actually I was not very satisfied with the pics posted before . So for providing a clear picture I am posting a 2nd set of pics. Have also combed my hair becuase without combing now the recipient area sort of gets hidden.

All I can say at this point is that keeping my fingers crossed for next 1 month and 21 days.

IMG_20190623_220358.jpg

IMG_20190623_215910.jpg

IMG_20190623_220106.jpg

IMG_20190623_220134.jpg

IMG_20190623_220221.jpg

IMG_20190623_220227.jpg

IMG_20190623_220309.jpg

IMG_20190623_220332.jpg

IMG_20190623_220350.jpg

IMG_20190623_220353.jpg

I can tell you right now ( based on the massive amount of timeline pics I have seen til date )

in next 2 months, you will be happy. It seems to be on the right track. Check Mattdominance or hairliciously ( youtubers )

theirs were similar condition at 4 months but 6 months and after, things progressed nicely 

So 4.5 month result is below -

Thinking of visiting Dr Bhatti once to have his opinion

Also maybe thinking of getting a  PRP. Although Dr Bhatti says it is of not much use.

Rest patiently waiting and wishing for the best.

IMG_20190629_224501.jpg

IMG_20190629_224507.jpg

IMG_20190629_224508.jpg

IMG_20190629_224518.jpg

IMG_20190629_224539.jpg

IMG_20190629_224552.jpg

Steady progress and improvement! Hairline is emerging and the temples are coming in. Mine looked like yours; somewhat thin, but passable as natural. Mine have come a long way in just weeks. I'm really excited for your progress pics, the changes are just ramping up.

Airfare guide

Things are looking good mate.
I remember when I had my procedure with Dr.Bhatti, I was under the same boat.
You seem to be heading towards the right path. The grafts are sprouting , and the next two months will be magical.  Be patient. 
Also are you continuing on finasteride ? 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:00 PM, HLPToronto said:

I think PRP definitely boosts HT results. I am also going to buy 3 PRP sessions for the rest of this year 

Hello HLPTORONTO I hope your HT  is making good progress and you are seeing good growth now. 

Where would you go for your PRP sessions considering you are in Canada and you had your HT with DR.BHATTI in India.?

Thanks and all ths best

.......Paddy.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello HLPTORONTO I hope your HT  is making good progress and you are seeing good growth now. 

Where would you go for your PRP sessions considering you are in Canada and you had your HT with DR.BHATTI in India.?

Thanks and all ths best

.......Paddy.....

Hello Paddy,

its growing nicely :)  Here in Toronto, I already searched many clinics are offering some good summer discount on PRP packages. If I buy 4 for example, it will cost me $400 per session. 

I mean its still expensive in N america as compared to turkey or india but before I was quoted 800 $ per session, so its good price now... and I will buy a package very soon for rest of the year to boost my results

thanks 

Hello Hlptoronto. Good to hear your HT is going very well. 

Best wishes for your PRP packages.

Will the PRP package help your newly transplanted hair or is it for your hair you didnt get transplanted.?  The reason I ask is a top doctor told me it makes no difference to the newly transplanted hair.

Thanks again.

..........Paddy........