Bad result From a Surgeon

mosd

Note: The surgeon who performed this hair transplant procedure is no longer recommended by this community and hasn't been for a couple of years.  The  op claims he was at the time of his procedure however, we have yet to investigate this.  Please see more detail under "Bill - Managing Publisher's" post on this topic.

Hey people, 

hope everything is good with you. 

Ive had 2 transplant with at the time when i had the transplant a recommended surgeon. My first transplant was not good and i got a free repair whom didnt turn out good either. 

What are my alternatives? The surgeon is not replying to my text and his assistans blocked me. They used 5k of my grafts over 2 transplants. 

• Administrators

Mosd,

I am so sorry to hear about this, do you mind posting before and after pictures of both of your results? and do you mind giving us a time frame. I also think you should share the name of the surgeon/clinic. I can ask Bill if we can still contact this surgeon on your behalf. 

Warnest regards- Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

here are pictures 18 months out from my "repair" and the picture with the white background is before any transplant. 

5k grafts later i still look like this...

Snapchat-1878064591 (1).jpg

Snapchat-326356779 (1).jpg

DSCF9507.JPG

DSCF6505.jpg

• Administrators

I see a thin spot, but do you mind posting a picture of the hairline front view without it being pushed down? I agree for 5,000 grafts concentrated in one area it seems very sparse, but was thr 5,000 grafts placed all in the hairline?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, mosd said:

What do you mean pushed down? How should i style it? 

first 3800 was from front to back and the second 1200 was focused on the frnt. 

Normally like your pre op photo, this will be the first thing a clinic will say, the pictures you posted look like maybe you had a hat on and it’s pushing the hair downward. Maybe this was to show the area that’s lacking density. Which is totally understandable, but the picture should try and be as close as possible to the pre-op photo. Also, it was front to back, but only the hairline is lacking density? Or is everything sparse? Maybe you could post where the grafts  were placed in comparison to how it looks now grown in. 

View my thread

Oh i get your point. If you look closely at the pictures this is actually my trying to do a light version of a comb over, basically combing my hair in one direction. 

If you look at the before pictures my sides were combed down to show my temple regression in my after picture I'm using my sides to further hide the poorly transplanted temples. Areas highlighted in these pictures. 

But i will take more pictures in a couple of days and try to mimic the before pictures. 

Snapchat-1223252874.jpg

Snapchat-434979946.jpg

1 minute ago, HairGone29 said:

Who then? If you dont say your probs a troll

im not a troll. Ive made over 600 post in this forum and been a member for a long time. I even created threads for each of my transplant.

Im just afraid that if i mention the doctor my chances of getting any help from his is gone...

Just now, mosd said:

im not a troll. Ive made over 600 post in this forum and been a member for a long time. I even created threads for each of my transplant.

Im just afraid that if i mention the doctor my chances of getting any help from his is gone...

If you feel you have a legit reason to be unhappy then any surgeon worth his salt should fix it for free.

That said I cant see an issue at all. To the normal person they would never notice something so tiny, it is your own obsession IMO.

Just now, HairGone29 said:

If you feel you have a legit reason to be unhappy then any surgeon worth his salt should fix it for free.

That said I cant see an issue at all. To the normal person they would never notice something so tiny, it is your own obsession IMO.

what do you mean so tiny? I cant even do a comb over without my temples looking thin and get commets that im balding...

And the surgeon already got a second chance to fix it with the repair which he did for free and failed. I dont want him to fix this. Actually i dont know what i want. I just know that ive used 5k of my donor and still look like im balding, i cant style my hair, i have to use toppik and dermmatch everyday and im more stressed over my hair than i was 5k grafts ago.  

18 minutes ago, literalno said:

please just tell me if it is rahal, that is all i care about. Have my op in 2 and a half weeks and could not be more excited

Rahal’s staff would never stop taking calls!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mosd said:

I've decided to go out with the Doctors name. Since he refuses to answer me i have no option. 

It was Dr. Ali Karadeniz who performed my two surgeries. 

This is concerning.  I would never imagine this from Dr Karadeniz.  Do you have a before grafting pic in this thread?  I can see the density concern in the pic.  How much was the cost of this surgery?    Be careful of having too many impacts in same recipient zone.  You may need to go to a surgeon that deals with scar tissue and grafting in those zones.  Trust me, repair situation can become stressful.  Hope you are able to proceed successfully.  Best of luck.  

• Like 1

I am very sorry for you that you did not get the results you wanted.

But: We, the mods, the clinic and other clinics need better pics (and a clear timeline) to understand your situation and give advice.

Of course, I know it is hard, cause it is emotionally exhausting, but we do not know what you know we can only rely on the ics we see.

57 minutes ago, Sean said:

This is concerning.  I would never imagine this from Dr Karadeniz.  Do you have a before grafting pic in this thread?  I can see the density concern in the pic.  How much was the cost of this surgery?    Be careful of having too many impacts in same recipient zone.  You may need to go to a surgeon that deals with scar tissue and grafting in those zones.  Trust me, repair situation can become stressful.  Hope you are able to proceed successfully.  Best of luck.  

Yeah actually my second time i was there it was terrible. The doctor refused to draw where he is going to put the grafts. The idea that i have no idea how my hairline was going to look was crazy. So I told him that I'm going back to Sweden if he doesn't draw where he is going to draw the hairline. 

Yeah, I've had two surgeries in the front now, hopefully, my skin can take another one. 

7 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

I am very sorry for you that you did not get the results you wanted.

But: We, the mods, the clinic and other clinics need better pics (and a clear timeline) to understand your situation and give advice.

Of course, I know it is hard, cause it is emotionally exhausting, but we do not know what you know we can only rely on the ics we see.

What kind of pictures do you want :) Ill try fix it

Mosd and all,

For the record, Dr. Karadeniz Is NOT recommended by this community. Ironically, the reason why he is not is because she did not want to be scrutinized or held publicly accountable by a discussion forum community. That said, that doesn’t mean that any of his work isn’t great in most cases, I really don’t know. But I do know is, we were first initially impressed by what we saw but given that he didn’t want to be held publicly accountable on our forum, we could not continue with his recommendation.   To be fair, this was his choice and we never discontinued his recommendation officially. However, had he asked to be recommended anyway but not held publicly accountable on this forum, we would’ve had to discontinue his recommendation. 

That said, I do see some areas of thin spots however, it doesn’t look bad with your hair styled.  Have you spoken with Dr. Karadeniz  about your concerns? If so, what did he say? If not, why not? 

I am however, going to change the topic of this thread because this doctor is not recommended. Even if he was at the time, this particular topic was created long after he was recommended and thus, it is not fair to this community to suggest that your result is as a result of a recommended doctor when it’s not. 

Best wishes,

Bill