Dr. Hasson /7410 Grafts/ FUT/ 1 Session/ 1 year post-op

Vancouver area patient in his early 40’s. Above average donor hair, fine to medium in texture. Dr. Hasson and team transplanted 7410 grafts front to crown via FUT. 2094 were single hair grafts, 4955 were doubles and 361 were 3-4 hair grafts. These photos were taken 1-year post-op.

hair-transplant-before-after-7410-grafts-front-FUT.jpg

hair-transplant-surgery-before-after-7410-grafts-front-close-FUT.jpg

hair-transplant-before-after-7410-grafts-left-FUT.jpg

hair-transplant-before-after-7410-grafts-left-profile-FUT.jpg

hair-transplant-surgery-before-after-7410-grafts-left-close-FUT.jpg

hair-restoration-before-after-7410-grafts-right-FUT.jpg

hair-restoration-before-after-7410-grafts-tilt-FUT.jpg

hair-restoration-before-after-7410-grafts-top-FUT.jpg

hair-restoration-post-op-7410-grafts-top-FUT.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• Administrators

Absolutely amazing results, I would love to see the placement of the strip. I know sometimes the strip is actually better suited to be higher up due to retrograde alopecia. Not sure if that’s the case for this patient. Regardless, the work is superb.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just out of curiosity why do you guys have 2 different blues for backgrounds for comparison pictures?

Also, why do the patients skin tones contrast in the comparison pictures.

Just wondering... Another great result like always!

Thx for the comments guys!

Melvin-HTsoon / stephcurry30

Correct, retrograde loss can reduce the area of good donor hair and for that reason alone it is better to a take strip higher in the donor area. Another good reason is that the scalp tissue higher up is more stable than the tissue closer to the ears. The tissue closer to the ears tends to be less like the scalp and can be prone to stretching which can result in a wider scar. In order to maximize yield, the doctor attempts to take as long and as wide a strip as safely as possible. This will often result in an incision that is closer to the temples. Dr. Hasson carefully and meticulously checks of the donor hair and can determine with uncanny certainty which hair is “permanent”. In some cases the permanent zone is quite high up on the head and quite far forward. His incision will always fall short of the end of the permanent zone and therefore the scar will never be exposed with any future potential hair loss. I've seen thousands of procedures, many of which were performed in a similar manner such as this and 16 years and counting I have yet to see a scar become exposed. As far as could this have any negative effects on the patient in the future? I would say the simple answer is no in the hands of our capable surgeons. If a particular surgeon was to miscalculate this equation and a very small portion of the scar in the temple area was to one day be exposed, a very small FUE procedure could be employed to reconstruct the small area in front of the scar to hide it. But, again this has never been necessary in our clinic but it does give the patient a bit of protection in the unlikely worst-case scenario.

andy_+_+

We are forever trying to improve the quality of our photos. We have set up an area of the clinic exclusively for taking post-op videos and photos. However, there is also an area right outside the OR’s where the doctors or staff take photos in the morning before the procedure. Some factors can affect the photos such as how much outside light is coming in that area at any given time. In some cases the post-op photos are taken in another location and lighting can slightly vary and effect the skin tones. We have also experimented with different backgrounds so there may be before photos taken with one background and post-op with another. We try and match them as best we can. I hope you will agree that while the sets of photos do not always match up exactly, the quality, detail and consistency of our photos is second to none when it comes to these presentations.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

errrr....it's common practice for hair restoration surgeons to use 2 different background tone colors when taking before and after pics. The 2nd background - the 'after' pic - is usually a few tones darker to reduce contrast and enhance the esthetics of the transplant. I have no problem with clinics using this 'trick' but let's be open about it.

Kirkland,

I don’t know what common practice is and I can’t speak for other clinics but this “trick” is not something we ever employed at Hasson and Wong. I took photos in the same place with essentially the same background for the better part of 15 years. The only exception was when the area would get painted every 5 -10 years. We have nothing to hide. We “enhance the esthetics of the transplant” in the operating room…:)

Hassonandwong.com

errrr....it's common practice for hair restoration surgeons to use 2 different background tone colors when taking before and after pics. The 2nd background - the 'after' pic - is usually a few tones darker to reduce contrast and enhance the esthetics of the transplant. I have no problem with clinics using this 'trick' but let's be open about it.

As much as I like Hasson and Wong, this has been the case with every result they're posting recently.

It's fine if they're experimenting with things, but it seems to have gone on for more than a year now so it doesn't make sense at this point other than that they're being manipulative. Time to get it consistent.

That said, it is a great result as per usual regardless.

I think everyone is being a little too critical here.

Are you telling me you wouldn't go to H&W because their result pics are "enhanced" because the backdrop they use is a slightly different shade and you might not get a similar result? come on people, the difference is dramatic enough to not care about the backdrop...

• 2 months later...

PeloDinero,

Yes, his donor was above average and on the upper end of the rating scale. Most do not have his donor reserves. I would say the efficiency of the harvest has allowed for a larger donor bank but these efficiencies/technologies at our clinic are nothing new and have been in place for many years. One important factor is our ability to harvest a large number of grafts in session one. The fewer interventions, the more efficient. For instance, if we figured he has 10,500 total grafts to start, we would be able to access all of those with a very large session (5,000 +) and 1-2 subsequent procedures. If our skill and technology limited our sessions to 2,500 to 3,000 grafts or less, we would not likely be able to access all of the 10,500 grafts. 

Hassonandwong.com

• 1 month later...

Hi, Is shaving the whole head required to perform the operation with Dr. Hasson?  I am considering an operation with him but concern about my appearance for the next few weeks post operations.   Would be better if I can keep my existing hair and then do a comb over to hide the red recepient area

SammyD,

Shaving the whole head is not required in a case such as this. In most cases, the top is shaved and the sides and back are not. Many European patients and especially Italians allow Dr. Hasson to shave the whole head which in some cases he prefers. This patient was not concerned with showing the staples and incision either so he allowed it. I’ve seen some patients with a good comb-over and if there is sufficient hair on the side to swing over, we’ll simply shave the top and leave the hair to comb over on the sides/top to remain to use as a camouflage. For FUE it may be a little trickier and each case may be different. For FUT there can be an area above the incision with good density that will allow the comb-over. For FUE, we may need to go into that area with the harvest so it could potentially limit the amount of comb-over hair that can remain unshaved. However, with FUE the need to keep the hair longer on the sides and back to hide the incision does not apply and the complete shave with FUE is often a better look than with FUT. Without an in-depth look, it is hard to say what we can do in your case. I would come to the clinic with the comb-over in mind and we can determine upon examination which option would be best and shave accordingly right before the procedure. In the end, I don’t think redness will be a big factor for you and your post-op may be easier than you anticipate.

Hassonandwong.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...