3200 Grafts With Dr Diep

Hi guys,

Haven't posted for a while. I am now 7 months post op. Slight improvement from the 5.5 month mark. Hair is definitely maturing albeit slowly. I feel the thickness of the transplanted hair is only 60% of the original thickness. So I am hoping I would get more density by the 1 year mark and then the 14th month mark. Under harsh lighting, it is still see through but I am happy considering where i started.

IMG_4308.thumb.jpg.57ef177cb02d60d493f16d63bdfa912b.jpg

looks very nice, did you post a pre-op pic anywhere? I saw your original post with the immediate post op, but didn't see any photos depicting what your hair loss looked like before the ht

I will have to ask Dr Diep for some pre op pics.

But I do have an 8 months post op pic after my first procedure, just to give you an idea as to where I have come from. As you can see, the first procedure was a disaster, no volume, poor growth, really no hairline so speak of, that too after having great thick hair and around 2300 grafts on top of existing hair. I feel the first procedure did more harm than good. I will document my experience for the first procedure in a separate thread.

IMG_2977.thumb.jpg.dadf0a9030086cebffd8a9653e458b88.jpg

Hi guys, quick update. I am now 7 months and 1 week post op. Under favorable lighting conditions, it looks amazing. Under harsh lighting, it is still a little see through but considering its been only 7 months, i expect to get around 30% more density in the next 7 months.

IMG_4377.thumb.jpg.68e3902dce0960dbfd22edbf5d4466fc.jpg

IMG_4378.thumb.jpg.5b0ed27e7e85c097fe27510758b0dd3c.jpg

IMG_4379.thumb.jpg.4857e419dd6a44cc2472881046d0396e.jpg

IMG_4380.thumb.jpg.0bbd796b0f1f95b66a9a475147eed76b.jpg

IMG_4382.thumb.jpg.426649d5b7477cb940a4964826fe81de.jpg

• Administrators

That’s quite a dramatic difference, certainly transplanting hair in to previously transplanted areas is much trickier, because of scar tissue. Overall for 7 months it looks fantastic keep us updated on your progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi guys, quick update. I am now 7 months and 1 week post op. Under favorable lighting conditions, it looks amazing. Under harsh lighting, it is still a little see through but considering its been only 7 months, i expect to get around 30% more density in the next 7 months.

Wow, amazing growth. Very impressed - huge transformation. I'm very happy for you, as you must also be.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, wanted to post a quick update. I am 5 days shy of 8 months. I feel there was a huge difference between month 7th and 8th in terms of the quality of the transplanted hair. It is getting thicker and thicker every week. And I know, there is more to come in the next 4 to 6 months. Anyways, the following photos were taken under normal room lighting.

I have not had any work done on the crown yet. My donor is still is very good shape and I think I can get away with another 2000-2500 grafts, which I am probably going to concentrate on the mid scalp and the crown region.

IMG_4408.thumb.jpg.16fe8a8716bf210e4c9c1aa9ca0c970e.jpg

IMG_4409.thumb.jpg.612d0f412015fca99dfc1164897065d7.jpg

IMG_4410.thumb.jpg.174dd8922062f7811b1c543cf40ba1b7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Here are 8 months and 1 week post op pictures. Growth is almost complete and maturation continues. I think i will be very happy at the 12 month mark. Dr. Diep has changed my life.

I have a crown shot too, showing the situation at the crown. The donor is looking good and I think I can easily get another 2500 grafts, which I am contemplating putting in the crown, to make things homogeneous and even.

Let me know your thoughts.

IMG_4476.thumb.jpg.575c642e633f09926af7665d96725691.jpg

IMG_4472.thumb.jpg.7022731c048cbc5dea17813224f45006.jpg

• Administrators

Hairless, you mention me in your thread as inspiration to have surgery, but now you have become the inspiration. Your results are amazing, and seeing how far you’ve come has been amazing. The crown could use some grafts. But be careful putting so many grafts in the crown. Have you ever used toppik or caboki? Id recommend that over using so much of your finite donor supply on the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hairless, you mention me in your thread as inspiration to have surgery, but now you have become the inspiration. Your results are amazing, and seeing how far you’ve come has been amazing. The crown could use some grafts. But be careful putting so many grafts in the crown. Have you ever used toppik or caboki? Id recommend that over using so much of your finite donor supply on the crown.

Thank you HTsoon. I may have gone too far ahead with the assumption on the number of grafts for the crown. You are right, around 1500 - 1750 grafts in the crown with some toppik will do wonders.

Thank you for your input.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks amazing, congrats!, you must be so happy.

did you use meds during all that time, any kind of supplements, special kind of food?

Yes very happy :) I have been taking Propecia 1mg 4 times a week, Minoxidil 5% twice daily (only on crown), and Biotin 5000mg daily. Nothing more.

• Administrators

Home run out of the park

View my thread

One and done. Amazing density for the number of grafts. Doctor did a fantastic job and clearly looks natural. No one can think it is a hair transplant. Great work. You definitely did well and this is clearly a success. Very happy for you. Congrats.

Hairlessuser,

It certainly looks like Dr. Diep Hit a homerun again… Outstanding looking results. I always love watching a patient’s transformation over time rather than all at once. It’s one of the most obviously authentic reviews a doctor can have because the patient doesn’t have any clue what his results will look like going into surgery and you get to watch not only the patients hair transformation, but also their confidence.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

Hairlessuser,

It certainly looks like Dr. Diep Hit a homerun again… Outstanding looking results. I always love watching a patient’s transformation over time rather than all at once. It’s one of the most obviously authentic reviews a doctor can have because the patient doesn’t have any clue what his results will look like going into surgery and you get to watch not only the patients hair transformation, but also their confidence.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks a lot Bill.

• 5 months later...