Dr. Gabel / Dr. Konior 2084 Frontal FUE

Hi all,

I recently went in for a 6mo check in. Everything is going very well. I have hair!! I will have some photos to post soon once they get them to me.

Also yes, Gabel did indeed train under Konior. When he went his way I'm not sure, but it's probably on his website if I double check. These guys did a killer job.

Pics soon!

Looking forward to it. BTW, just out of curiosity did you guys ever discussing doing any work on the temple points?

Um wow, you had two of the best doctors in the United States at your disposal...that's unique to say the least.

Exactly my comments, wow! I have no doubt the results will be stellar. Two week post op photos look like excellent clean work as expected.

Happy growing

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 1 month later...
These are some photos from today (1/23/2018) just sitting around at my office. You can get a decent idea of what my hair is like on a day to day basis. My office has this gross fluorescent lighting.
Nice progress, mainly hair maturation lies ahead.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Looking really good. Night and day from where you started.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I think you made all of the right decisions. Placement is right, great yield, 2000 grafts went a super long way on you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone - thank you for all the wonderful responses.

I got out of the shower the other day and was pretty amazed at how well my hair looks even when wet - because obviously, the hair clumps up and may show more thinness than usual.

One of these is literally me walking out of the shower, the other two are with wet and semi-wet hair with it slicked back so you can see the hairline quite well.

These are some simple pics with bathroom lighting and some natural light from my bedroom window. Regardless, I still think this looks incredible. It's been 9 months and I'm still amazed... things feel surreal sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror now.

20180221_193419.thumb.jpg.c302af7d7956c102a9728ba956d81331.jpg

20180221_193447.thumb.jpg.bbc6cd10ac606dc8c8e4856faec8356a.jpg

20180224_125250.thumb.jpg.b67cd812e3a2a7cf369e5957600478a3.jpg

At the risk of being redundant, i must say you are a lucky guy having both the top HT surgeons in this country hands down perform your HT! ...I can say that from experience bc i spoke to Dr Konior in length about having my HT, and that Dr Gable actually performed it!

Your result is outstanding givin the amount of bare scalp in front and the low number of grafts!

Do you remember exactly when you saw your 1st growth? Iam closing in on 3 months (on March 11 2018) and still havent seen anything. Contrats! also are you taking meds? Fin? iam sure your are VERY happy...

Edited by MattyNJ1

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• 1 month later...
At the risk of being redundant, i must say you are a lucky guy having both the top HT surgeons in this country hands down perform your HT! ...I can say that from experience bc i spoke to Dr Konior in length about having my HT, and that Dr Gable actually performed it!

Your result is outstanding givin the amount of bare scalp in front and the low number of grafts!

Do you remember exactly when you saw your 1st growth? Iam closing in on 3 months (on March 11 2018) and still havent seen anything. Contrats! also are you taking meds? Fin? iam sure your are VERY happy...

Hmm... I saw growth very quickly. The very first month though, all my hair fell out. I was back to looking like I was before the hair transplant. 3 months in, I remember having a bit of growth, but the hair was thin and sparse. By 6 months, I had seen significant growth.

Just keep waiting man. I'd say at least give it 6 months. Between 3-9 months in, I got a massively significant chunk of growth in.

I'm coming up on 1 year at the end of May and over the last few months I feel like the hair has really matured well.

For the first time in over 10 years I actually visited a barber - a husband/wife pair who run a local business. I mentioned I got a transplant after they had done significant cutting work - they had no clue and couldn't tell at all I had anything done. :D

So, I went and got me an undercut, a haircut I've always really liked and one that's been stylish for a very long time throughout a number of different eras, and also a big reason why I wanted to undergo FUE - no strip scar for a short cut in the back!

I tried to get some close-up pics of the hairline but the results were less than stellar... apologies for the slight blurry-ness. There is a clay-matte pomade product in it - shoutout to Lockhart's hair products. :D

I am going to see Dr. Gabel for a check-in on my 1 year period of growth soon. I will have some really nice high quality photos around early June. Stay tuned. :)

20180414_133758.thumb.jpg.0a1bcacd117f0de419732301cbf03fa2.jpg

20180416_134312.thumb.jpg.7d503bc00b90265edc02745ac356255c.jpg

20180416_134322.thumb.jpg.e8da67166123bdbf70f13682cad99832.jpg

20180416_134344.thumb.jpg.597c60ac11468884d7c90d0483b67382.jpg

Hmm... I saw growth very quickly. The very first month though, all my hair fell out. I was back to looking like I was before the hair transplant. 3 months in, I remember having a bit of growth, but the hair was thin and sparse. By 6 months, I had seen significant growth.

Just keep waiting man. I'd say at least give it 6 months. Between 3-9 months in, I got a massively significant chunk of growth in.

I'm coming up on 1 year at the end of May and over the last few months I feel like the hair has really matured well.

For the first time in over 10 years I actually visited a barber - a husband/wife pair who run a local business. I mentioned I got a transplant after they had done significant cutting work - they had no clue and couldn't tell at all I had anything done. :D

I'm a Gabel patient myself, you have to prompt a barber to look for it, because if the scar is done well and the hair looks believable, then there's no reason for them to suspect you have had a procedure done.

I even had a barber compliment my hairline as one of the nicest she'd ever seen on a man...ha, didn't tell her it was surgically restored.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

also are you taking meds? Fin?

Forgot this - yes! I am on Fin. I've been taking a generic fin for at least 5+ years or so. Have had no bad side effects. I haven't touched minox for a LONG time. Not sure if I even need to anymore at this point, and since I also have a cat, I love not having to worry about using it (minox is seriously deadly to cats!) I use a sulfate free shampoo for daily use, I use Nizoral about once a week, and I have a Head and Shoulders for a "stronger" clean if I'm feeling my hair is really grimey from product after awhile.

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators

Bumping this thread. How incredible is it to get @Dr. Raymond Konior and @Steven Gabel, MD, FACS both transplant on you at the same time. I don’t think we have any other cases like this on the forum. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...