Can I have a Transplant ?

I looking to go for face to face consultation.

Due to past problems etc my libido is already down and i don't want to risk it further by taking med for hair loss and i don't know if they would be of any benefit at this stage of my hair loss as some doctors have said.

Having said that i have started using monoxidil 5% but don't know which other non ht treatments i should do. A laser comb is mentioned but which one i need specific details / opinions on which products i can try and where to get them.

Looking in the mirror i can see my hair on top thinning alot. The bridge is going and the scalp is showing more. The crown is gone and what is at the front is going too.

I have noticed around winter time i loose more hair.

I would like to know if a person is going towards norwood 6 with signs of norwood 7 but is 35 years of age should that person have or consider a transplant ?

Should they wait till they draw norwood 7 then consider what donor hair they have with addition to beard hair and would that be enough to cover and maintain norwood 7 hair loss?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this time you still seem to have quite a bit unknowns and questions/doubts. Besides looking at your past few posts looks like the expectation might be little too much!.

I suggest take ur time think over it carefully and then only venture into the HT after all your questions have been answered satisfactorily.

Good luck.

My Thread: 

I looking to go for face to face consultation.

Due to past problems etc my libido is already down and i don't want to risk it further by taking med for hair loss and i don't know if they would be of any benefit at this stage of my hair loss as some doctors have said.

Having said that i have started using monoxidil 5% but don't know which other non ht treatments i should do. A laser comb is mentioned but which one i need specific details / opinions on which products i can try and where to get them.

Looking in the mirror i can see my hair on top thinning alot. The bridge is going and the scalp is showing more. The crown is gone and what is at the front is going too.

I have noticed around winter time i loose more hair.

I would like to know if a person is going towards norwood 6 with signs of norwood 7 but is 35 years of age should that person have or consider a transplant ?

Should they wait till they draw norwood 7 then consider what donor hair they have with addition to beard hair and would that be enough to cover and maintain norwood 7 hair loss?

If you are not willing or able to get on meds for life then I would strongly advise against getting a transplant.

When i see your case harin my expectations get high but you knew what hair you had and had lost.

It's looking like what Dr Lorenzo said might be my reality,

Subject: Re: Help - Hair Transplant

Dear Sir:

With 35 yo you can?t say that your hair is stable. The safe area in your

scalp is drawing a NW 6, and the hair in the mid and frontal area have

signals of thinning, so, slower than your relatives, but have the same

probabilities to be like them in 10 years.

It's a pity that you can have the benefit of the medications, because

that?s always help.

If we focus in your crown, it?s a very big area, probably 150 cm2 (150

x45 grafts/cm= 6750 grafts). Only good donor areas can support that

number of grafts (I can?t see the quality of your donor in those photos).

We have examples of big alopecias treated by HT, but not all of them can

be afford. Always need the help of the medication and a good donor

area.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

and

Subject: Re: Help - Hair Transplant

As I told you, I don’t think that your donor is safe: temporal areas with

low coverage and retrograde alopecia in the nape. Bad signs that suggest

that you will be a NW VII in the future. In my opinion and without the

med’s is better to be as you are. Nizoral don’t help against alopecia.

Minoxidil is useful but only 20% of the patients have some kind of

benefit.

No candidate for us, sorry.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

When i look in the mirrior i'm thinking Dr Lorenzo has hit the nail on the head!

As you schedule your in-person consultation, I may be advantageous to prepare a to-do list and a list of questions. Get each donor region of the body and the zones of the scalp donor region measured for density and quality.

The economic aspect of medical therapy and surgery is considerable. I propose you investigate the advantages of having a test session of about 50 to 100 (BHT and scalp) grafts. This may allow you to observe any possible benefit from surgical hair restoration. In the donor, you may observe the quality of healing after extraction. In the recipient, you may observe the growth in terms of coverage value and yield, and the final appearance could then be assessable.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Don't waste money on the laser comb it doesn't work at all. If it worked we would all use them and it would be a wonderful break through but it absolutely does not work. If HT isn't an option why not try a great hair system you will get your confidence back right away some of the hair systems look great .

I would grow your hair out a little longer for the in house consultations it will help with determining your donor hair and texture. If you are unable to take medication and your hair loss is still very aggressive then I think you should wait. Take your time and to consult with a number of Doctors in person weigh up the advice given. People don't tend to regret things they didn't do as much as things they did do when it comes to surgery.

I wish you all the best and if I can help you have my details.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Rashid35 sir,

You do have lots of ifs and buts, plus seems like you are not happy with responses so far. So given all the above you need to listen to HT forum members grown out your hairs and go for personal consult.

What do you want from transplant?. do you expect a teenage hairline? or would you be happy with cosmetically acceptable hairline with some grafts to the crown which will make it look ''balding'' but not completely ''bald''.

I think you have to define your goals and expectations and be realistic and then go for a hair transplant. Otherwise you would never be happy.

Who knows your result might turn out to be better than HTsoon and harin. But what if it does not?, what would be the minimally acceptable results you can be satisfied with?.

- Thanks to everyone, i respect there opinions in my case,

- I'm willing to give the med a go if they would be of benefit to me but not everyone who has ht is on med ?

- I will ask for a test session but i don't know if they would do this or how long it will delay things

- I don't want a hair system due to my situation in life, it's a ht, smp or nothing

- I will grow my hair and i think i get better response when i do. I trim my own hair using a beard trimmer so i don't know if its the way i use the machine etc Problem with letting it grow is it all gets uneven and white hair show alot too.

- The hair is more thinning now. To be honest not doing anything is making me feel worse some days i want to take the risk and have it done even if i have more hair loss i hope that can be filled in with beard hair

- I want anything better then i have at present. The way i'm looking at it now is anything can only improve how it looks so if i get more then that would be even great!

-As Dr Wong said 'a significant cosmetic benefit can be achieved. Dr Wong would start with rebuilding the hairline and frontal zone working back into the mid scalp he will of course work back as far as possible.

The hairline placement would be age appropriate and start at around 7 to 8cm in height from your brow and show the correct level of temple recession of that of an adult male. Judging from the photos this might be just above your where the lowest point of your hairline currently is. Starting the hairline too low in cases of advanced loss means that the area of coverage becomes even greater so a mature hairline that is suitable for your age and hair loss pattern must be designed this would include appropriate temple reconstruction

The hairline would be dense packed to provide a frame for your face and styling options moving forward and the grafts would be densely packed throughout the hairline and frontal area into the mid scalp. The density will reduce through to the top of your scalp.

How much if any crown coverage and density if possible will depend on how many grafts he can harvest in this session. Dr Wong expect that a second procedure will be possible to address the crown around 1 year after the first session should you require this although this will depend on your laxity. The donor hair on the sides looks to be below average will will dictate how many grafts can be harvested and you should work at your scalp exercises

The first priority will be the front and mid scalp as the significant cosmetic impact will be felt with restoration of these areas.'

I can't stress growing out your hair enough. My donor area looked horrible when I had my hair buzzed and posted the pic on this message board. Grew my hair out for a month and I have a clear good zone to take hair from even with the alopecia.

Ok, i will, thanks

I can see a big difference when i grow my hair and beard for just 1 week.

The hair grows quick and is thick and black especially my beard hair is good quality. So it will look much better in 1 month.

Looking at these both combined i now have hope for a ht.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of good advice here. Most of us can probably see both sides of weather or not you should pursue a HT. At the end of the day it will be you alone that makes the decision. Given your situation, I personally feel there are a limited number of doctors who you could really rely on. Sure there are differing opinions on incorporating BHT, but if you look at some of Dr. Umars results they are quite impressive, espessially his before and after videos. He's not the only Dr who has posted good results using BHT but I believe he's certainly the most experieced in a field in which he paved the way for.

Regardless of your choice I hope you continue your story here. Your case and possibly your desicion will help others suffering similar cases insight and/or hope just as Harin and HTsoons cases have. Goodluck

Edited by Harebrained
Grammer

Yes some very good advice here

I would like to stick my 2 cents worth here if I may

imo I think body hair should be only used as like others has said to be used as a fuller mix inbetween natural hair grafts or even used for scar repair cases.

even though Dr U is a first class Dr, especially he is known worldwide to use body hair & came out with some stella results, (not cheap jouney though) but I think personally when he uses more body hair than natural hair folicals to me dont look natural but must admit that I never seen or felt such patients who gone down this route but I should imagine that if it looks unnatural in pictures I have seen so far, God knows what it looks / feels like In real life.

If I was in this members shoes I wouldnt think twice on having tempory SMP done every few yrs

Edited by ontop
typo

Very true Ontop. I feel strongly that BH should only be used as filler or for scaring except maybe in extreme repair work etc. Body hair is still body hair and will always grow differently and at different rates. I think native hair and ethnicity play a large part in how BH looks. In my opinion the better looking results seem to come from those with coarser and dark hair. Which makes me think why Rashid35 may be a decent canidate for some blending. In my opinion I also think I would try SMP first just to see and if I wasnt happy then consider HT. Starting a HT is much more of a decision for a NW6 than a NW1 or 2!

Also if you research Dr U or other specialized Drs who is well know around the world to use body hair try & check out there videos of there patients & when the Dr combs through that body hair.

IMO the hair dont fall natural & lets be frank here most of us would take natural not so full hair over unnatural full or partial coverage body hair.

Even though some folks & Drs say once body hair is implemented after a while it takes on the characteristics of your natural hair, which I feel it do & can in rare cases.

I would try SMP if I cannot have a ht or I could have SMP now and wait a few years to see if my hair loss progresses.

Body hair is a filler and i would only have it asa last option.

My main hope is my donor and beard hair for the ht.

Currently waiting for my in person consultation appointment.

I want to do what will make me look the best as anyone would want.

I will keep you all updated when i have treatment etc

Thanks for all opinions & suggestions

• 1 month later...

I've been patiently waiting, grew my hair out and had 3 in person consultations,

1] H&W - First ht- 4000 grafts to cover the front and top of the scalp. If you can loosen your scalp he would like to take more grafts ideally 4500 by the FUT method.

Dr Wong recommends FUT in your case as he feels that you do not have enough grafts for FUE as you have retrograde alopecia around the ears and nape of the neck and these hairs are not viable.

2] Dr. Alexander - First ht - 2500grafts, Strip

3] Dr Bhatti, fue, but in 2 procedures 6 months between.

First one - 3000 to 3500 grafts hairline + templex

500-600 beard grafts mid scalp / forehead

Second one -

1800 to 2000 scalp grafts for crown area.

I've been patiently waiting, grew my hair out and had 3 in person consultations,

1] H&W - First ht- 4000 grafts to cover the front and top of the scalp. If you can loosen your scalp he would like to take more grafts ideally 4500 by the FUT method.

Dr Wong recommends FUT in your case as he feels that you do not have enough grafts for FUE as you have retrograde alopecia around the ears and nape of the neck and these hairs are not viable.

2] Dr. Alexander - First ht - 2500grafts, Strip

3] Dr Bhatti, fue, but in 2 procedures 6 months between.

First one - 3000 to 3500 grafts hairline + templex

500-600 beard grafts mid scalp / forehead

Second one -

1800 to 2000 scalp grafts for crown area.

Rashid, I personally would go with Dr Wong for strip. No one can beat him when it comes crown restoration. If you work on your scalp laxity and keep up with your meds then there is a good chance for 4.5 grafts in one go. The other two are also good options but would you do it in 2 operations? Adding the cost of travelling, spending money and hotels? It is not cheap flying to Canada, USA or even India twice

Lets just say i had fut then needed to buzz down the scar would show?

H&W also said 2 ops, 1st front and mid scalp 2nd (after 1 year) crown if possible

Getting different opinions on graft numbers and procedure type in my case ?

From what I have seen. FUT patients usually buzz down to grade 4. I think in your case, for maximum graft numbers, the strip will be long and wide. H&W strip scars start from ear to ear.

Other recommended docs online (new set of pictures without flash and at normal height)

Dr. Suneet Soni

According to your pics around 8000 Hair follicles (Around 4000 grafts) can be transplanted from safe donor zone in order to get best results by FUT (Strip) procedure with Trichophytic Closure (Almost invisible scar by Trichophytic closure).

Mike Vories, MD

I would suggest a two consecutive day, 4000 FUE graft session. You have sufficient donor hair for this

Damkerng Pathomvanich

you have receding hairline, deep temples and marked thinning hair at the top to crown area, we estimate maximum number of grafts may be 3500-4000 + grafts to create the hairline and add on density from the front toward the back until we run out of grafts, more or less depend on your donor density and your scalp laxity to be determined a consultation. This will frame your face to make you look good. After 1 year you may want to come back for more transplant at the crown.

Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz

You could have about 2000 grafts FUE.

If you want to improve a little more, we could do a beard to scalp body hair transplant for about 1000 grafts which would require a second surgical day.

My preference would be to do just the scalp FUE and see the result of this first.

Dr. Bisanga

has seen your pictures and would like to meet you first before giving you an assessment.

Your balding area is large, and your donor area looks very thin on your pictures.

You have a retrograde alopcia, what gives a limitation in the safe zone for the Doctor to harvest hair.

Your beard looks good and strong, but maybe to harsh to transplant only that.

Beard hair can not be placed in the hairline, it wouldn't look natural. But it is good hair to create density.

The Doctor will have to measure your density in your donor area, to be sure that he will be able to

harvest enough grafts to at least restore the frontal area in a first intervention.

Rashid, you have been touch with most surgeons by now. You have bedn given excellent advice and information from this forum. I think, the best option is for you now is to research which surgeon you want to go to. Look at similar cases compared to you're self. Can you upload your recent pics?

Dear Rashid

Greetings from AK Clinics!!!

Thanks for contacting us!! I'm Ravneet Kaur and I will be your Patient Advisor for Hair Transplant needs & concerns.

I have got your pictures reviewed from our surgeons and and they have made suggestions on your case. You'll need to patiently read ahead to understand your case.

Please look at the picture below:

The square you see is the only permanent zone from which we extract hair. Only then the same would not fall later. This area is approx 180-200 sq cm and average no of grafts available will be 4000-4500 follicles for extraction by FUE in case you do not want to go bald at the back.

Now, your total requirement is approximately 7500-8000 follicles if you give you a heavy frontal and scalp cover in the back.

Now there can be 3 approaches for your surgery:

Option 1 - Only Bio-FUE (2 Sittings)

We can go ahead with Bio-FUE in 2 sittings at gap of 6 months. The first sitting to cover your frontal half and then back. We should be able to give you 4000 -4500 follicles in sitting one and similar in the sitting 2 after six months. this surgery will take 1 day each time. You can start with front or back, we recommend front first.

MOST RECOMMENDED: This option is the recommended option as we will make sure that you get a heavy front half - so that you have future option to get a patch at back or hair transplant whenever you want

Option 2 - Bio-FUE + Body Hair Transplant

As mentioned above the safe extraction is really only around 4000-4500 follicles. But we can go ahead with little aggressive extraction giving around 4500-5000 follicles from scalp and around 800-1000 from beard & 500-800 from Body. The surgery will take 2-3 days

Option 3 - Giga-Session (Strip Surgery + Bio-FUE + Body Hair Transplant):

We will do a strip surgery in combination with Bio-FUE & Body Hair to give you about 7500-8000 follicles in one session. This surgery will take 2 days.

Also if you have any other query or concern regarding your hair transplant I can arrange a Skype/Facetime consultation with our doctor for better clarity. I would request you to share your contact number for further discussion. You can get in touch with me on whatsapp for better communication - my direct number +919779944207.

I assure great results & hassle free experience at AK Clinics!!

Warm regards

Ravneet

5b32ecd085bb8_DonorHairPicture.thumb.jpg.8206ee0111b8ac92123cb0f3b08c2ae5.jpg

Rasid,

I must confess that when you first posted & bothered everyone on this forum on every post lol joke... about your situation I thought okay give my thoughts on your particular situation, I thought yep he can have a decent outcome under a great world class Doctor, some you have and others have mentioned on this post.

I said hmmm yep he can pull something out but as long he keeps it real with his expectations blah blah.

You had some mixed comebacks from members & Drs alike which then for me reading on throughout this post my mind was telling me no shave it all off & be done with it...

Now today & since you posted your donor pictures 3 months of being consistent on your meds, yep you have guessed it I have now changed my mind again...

why? Because "A"I think you can & will have a decent outcome because your stalking every surgeon in the world, asking the right questions & more important sticking to your guns on what can be achieved.

I say go for it....pull the trigger, keep your expectations in check

I feel your going to be a winner because your so self motivated.

Just my thoughts even though I flipped flopped more than Donald trump. .lol

Oh yep...sorry last email from Dr seems to be pretty spot on.

Good luck buddy......let us know who your leaning towards in your choice...decisions, decisions, decisions huh lol.