Can I have a Transplant ?

I was in similar situation and got my hair and confidence restored. Now.... regarding what my hair is gonna look long term?, I don't know, probably not much different than at say 6 months from now.

Just to show what can be done with limited donor hairs like mine using combo scalp and beard hair I attach my before and approximately few days less than 4 months picture. Crown has almost similar density as in mid scalp. I am happy even if growth stops here. I can see existing hairs thickening and more finer hairs still growing.

Rashid35's donor is definetly not worse than mine!.....think about it!.

picture 1 = back donor

picture 2 = top

picture 3= front and top at nearly 4 months after HT under Dr. Arika Bansal.

23370.jpg.2fa54df442e374bc9f08aaf9a4f92c37.jpg

20150301_173146-1.thumb.jpg.e4e494400872f6c09652ea45551a6945.jpg

20160214_203453-1.thumb.jpg.0509124cc2e813fae5996ae9fdecf472.jpg

My Thread: 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutchie, do you know something that the other top surgeons that just turned him away because he is not a candidate don't know? He just doesn't have enough donor to give him even a chance, and a surgeon told him his body hair isn't suitable and can only get 800 beard hairs. Just look at the pictures, he has a lot of room to cover, even if the crown is left alone.

I'm just saying what I would do if I were in Rashid's position.

I would go the BHT route, even if it comes with risks and might not work

I was in similar situation and got my hair and confidence restored. Now.... regarding what my hair is gonna look long term?, I don't know, probably not much different than at say 6 months from now.

Just to show what can be done with limited donor hairs like mine using combo scalp and beard hair I attach my before and approximately few days less than 4 months picture. Crown has almost similar density as in mid scalp. I am happy even if growth stops here. I can see existing hairs thickening and more finer hairs still growing.

picture 1 = back donor

picture 2 = top

picture 3= front and top at nearly 4 months after HT under Dr. Arika Bansal

^^^^^^^ there you go, people.

And I bet you're happy you took the plunge, am I right Harin??

Never heard of donor recharging ?

Recharging is a process where the surgeon repletes the scalp donor area. After a graft is extracted, another graft from the chest or beard may replace it. It helps the donor area retain a better aesthetic appearance.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

picture 1 = back donor

picture 2 = top

picture 3= front and top at nearly 4 months after HT under Dr. Arika Bansal.

Looks awesome so far! If worse comes to worse you could always use concealer!

• Administrators

I agree 100 % with Harin, look guys, lets look at the facts here, how many of the doctors that turned Rashid away actually saw him in person??? not a single one of them, does he have retrograde alopecia yes he does, but so do I, how many of you guys would have told me to not get a transplant ? I'll post my comparison pics.

I feel very strongly when guys who are maybe norwood III tell guys with high levels of hair loss its impossible or that they'll never look good, you don't know until you embark in the journey. I do think that meds are necessary, I take lipogaine and regenpure DR and I dermaroll and ever since my hair has greatly improved since my pre-op pictures, im considering adding topical fin too.

IAkUjfW.jpg

UJqrR9k.jpg

vfPAapy.jpg

Now after 4,000 grafts

iaWNCFR.jpg

ArKvmQh.jpg

1BpRkJt.jpg

now the donor area after 4,000 grafts

notice how lighting changes things and angle

Fjuu7Rv.jpg

now behind a light upwards my density does appear to be thinner ive also outlined the safe zone for extraction, my guess is probably another 1,500 or 2,000

7qTOnsR.jpg

Rashid mate,

If I was able to find a favorable outcome then maybe you can too, please go in person for a consult, the surgeon will look at your donor and check for miniaturization, it was discovered that I do have thinning in my nape (retrograde alopecia), so this area could not be extracted, but it was also found that my donor characteristics are favorable I have good hair diameter and wave to my hair typical Mediterranean donor characteristics.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

^^^^^^^ there you go, people.

And I bet you're happy you took the plunge, am I right Harin??

Absolutely Dutchie - I am so glad I did, feeling of having never tried would have forever remained in my mind if I didn't. And I am glad so far it has worked out well!.

And thankfully the hairline and beyond the HT has turned out well!, even at this stage no one can tell these are transplanted hairs.

And from shiny head which could have been used as a reflection mirror to this..... its been a great transformation!!.

That's why I said if I were in Rashid's shoes, I would have definetly given it a go. Again its an individual decision after having weighed pros and cons.

My Thread: 

• Administrators
Absolutely Dutchie - I am o glad I did, feeling of having never tried would have forever remained in my mind if I didn't. And I am glad so far it has worked out well!.

And thankfully the hairline and beyond the HT has turned out well!, even at this stage no one can tell these are transplanted hairs.

That's why I said if I were in Rashid's shoes, I would have definetly given it a go. Again its an individual decision after having weighed pros and cons.

Imagine if you would've gotten everyone's opinions on here, especially guys who are like norwood I or II forget it they would've all told you to shave your head or get a hair system, lets also be mindful that you're only 4.5 months post op, can you imagine in 12 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Imagine if you would've gotten everyone's opinions on here, especially guys who are like norwood I or II forget it they would've all told you to shave your head or get a hair system, lets also be mindful that you're only 4.5 months post op, can you imagine in 12 months.

Htsoon - In fact I did, and most people said ''No Hope''!!!. If I find it I will post that thread link here.

In fact many doctors including Turkish ones said I am not a candidate. Several US surgeons were initially enthusiastic and when I mentioned I am a physician they somehow stopped responding!.

Some offered FUT as well but I had decided that I would not have a smiley faced scar if the FUT failed and then face a situation with no hairs and bad scar....in short there were lots of things to consider...but eventually I took the plunge...after researching around and finding someone who has done plenty of Norwood 6/7's successfully with BHT experience.

Before I plunged in -I decided to myself that even if it does not turn out to be a good transplant - I would at least live with the satisfaction of having tried and failed!.

My Thread: 

• Administrators
Htsoon - In fact I did, and most people said ''No Hope''!!!. If I find it I will post that thread link here.

In fact many doctors including Turkish ones said I am not a candidate. Several US surgeons were initially enthusiastic and when I mentioned I am a physician they somehow stopped responding!.

Some offered FUT as well but I had decided that I would not have a smiley faced scar if the FUT failed and then face a situation with no hairs and bad scar....in short there were lots of things to consider...but eventually I took the plunge...after researching around and finding someone who has done plenty of Norwood 6/7's successfully with BHT experience.

Before I plunged in -I decided to myself that even if it does not turn out to be a good transplant - I would at least live with the satisfaction of having tried and failed!.

Man I agree 100 % I thought the same thing, I figured what do you have to lose? I shaved my head for a year before getting surgery so I knew if it came down to it I would shave my head again FUE scars and all screw it.

Man I'm so glad I took the step, and im even happier for you bro, your progress is amazing and it just shows that there is still hope, I think BHT is a good option especially if you have good donor characteristics. but obviously you need to incorporate scalp hair also to make it blend. I can't wait to see your progress in the months to come.

View my thread

Thanks Bro..(Htsoon) appreciate all the kind words.

here is the link to my initial thread!,

Exactly as HTsoon said..I do understand why people advise caution...but sometimes it can be very discouraging.......please browse thru all the posts in my starter thread (link below) - Rashid and others see what you will get when U ask question on this forum...some were encouraging but some were very discouraging...guess based on their own experiences. Not saying anyone is right or wrong..but it goes to show that opinions on each case could be very polarized.

But having said that I really appreciate being a part of this forum, both via forum posts and via PM's I received good suggestions and support, i am ever thankful.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178561-2000-grafts-enough-norwood-class-6-a.html

My Thread: 

I agree 100 % with Harin, look guys, lets look at the facts here, how many of the doctors that turned Rashid away actually saw him in person??? not a single one of them, does he have retrograde alopecia yes he does, but so do I, how many of you guys would have told me to not get a transplant ? I'll post my comparison pics.

I feel very strongly when guys who are maybe norwood III tell guys with high levels of hair loss its impossible or that they'll never look good, you don't know until you embark in the journey. I do think that meds are necessary, I take lipogaine and regenpure DR and I dermaroll and ever since my hair has greatly improved since my pre-op pictures, im considering adding topical fin too.

Now after 4,000 grafts

now the donor area after 4,000 grafts

notice how lighting changes things and angle

now behind a light upwards my density does appear to be thinner ive also outlined the safe zone for extraction, my guess is probably another 1,500 or 2,000

Rashid mate,

If I was able to find a favorable outcome then maybe you can too, please go in person for a consult, the surgeon will look at your donor and check for miniaturization, it was discovered that I do have thinning in my nape (retrograde alopecia), so this area could not be extracted, but it was also found that my donor characteristics are favorable I have good hair diameter and wave to my hair typical Mediterranean donor characteristics.

I dont hink you are comparable to Rashid very much at all. You look like a typical diffuse NW5/6 - guys who get HT day in and day out. I dont see the retrograde alopecia at all but not doubting it - but with Rashid its advanced - with you I guess you'd see it under an advanced microscope. You also have mentioned you have a small head and I dont see that in Rashid case - he has more ground to cover.

He also has more crown loss than you. Way more. So you've been able to pull 4k graft out to cover much less area (smaller head, much more crown coverage) than Rashid. You also dont have the cosmetic loss of the retrograde - maybe that shows up down the road but not now.

I do think Harin and Rashid are pretty similar cases. So trying to follow Harin's footprint is probably his best scenario.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• Administrators
I dont hink you are comparable to Rashid very much at all. You look like a typical diffuse NW5/6 - guys who get HT day in and day out. I dont see the retrograde alopecia at all but not doubting it - but with Rashid its advanced - with you I guess you'd see it under an advanced microscope. You also have mentioned you have a small head and I dont see that in Rashid case - he has more ground to cover.

He also has more crown loss than you. Way more. So you've been able to pull 4k graft out to cover much less area (smaller head, much more crown coverage) than Rashid. You also dont have the cosmetic loss of the retrograde - maybe that shows up down the road but not now.

I do think Harin and Rashid are pretty similar cases. So trying to follow Harin's footprint is probably his best scenario.

Rashid is more advanced than me, but you can see the retrograde alopecia in this picture the one side that is higher is a scar though, I do believe that the lipogaine has helped, I've been applying it ever since my surgery and it's not noticeable anymore, I'm fairly certain had I posted these pictures and asked for everyone's advice I would've been told no. I went in person spent couple $100 just on consultations had my donor area checked for miniaturization, I was told no by Dr. Lorenzo prior to having my surgeries, now in my current state he said yes, just goes to show you online consults do very little.

image.jpg

View my thread

Rashid is more advanced than me, but you can see the retrograde alopecia in this picture the one side that is higher is a scar though, I do believe that the lipogaine has helped, I've been applying it ever since my surgery and it's not noticeable anymore, I'm fairly certain had I posted these pictures and asked for everyone's advice I would've been told no. I went in person spent couple $100 just on consultations had my donor area checked for miniaturization, I was told no by Dr. Lorenzo prior to having my surgeries, now in my current state he said yes, just goes to show you online consults do very little.

Well I think most of us have agreed to go see people in person - I believe I said get on a train to Belgium 3 weeks ago at this point.

Just curious do you put your minoxidil on the nape of your neck and just above? I agree in that photo you can see the retrograde much more. You respond very well to that stuff which is a benefit.

Also what do you do with a dermaroller? You roll it over your head to creat tiny punctures to pour the minoxidil in? Is that your entire head or just crown etc? Daily thing? Just trying to figure out how you dermaroll an area with such high hair in the front etc.

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

It's not really something associated with hair treatments. The main thing it is used for is women who use it for skin treatments - they use it to push "serums/oils" into a lower layer of the skin rather than just being absorbed at the surface.

So my guess is HTSoon is trying the same idea on his head - create paths for minoxidil to get deeper into the scalp.

I am using minox on areas without much hair so its easy to apply - not sure how guys with thick hair are even getting foam down to the scalp itself very successfully. Not to mention using a dermaroll in areas with lots of hair.

NW 5A to 6.

• Administrators
Well I think most of us have agreed to go see people in person - I believe I said get on a train to Belgium 3 weeks ago at this point.

Just curious do you put your minoxidil on the nape of your neck and just above? I agree in that photo you can see the retrograde much more. You respond very well to that stuff which is a benefit.

Also what do you do with a dermaroller? You roll it over your head to creat tiny punctures to pour the minoxidil in? Is that your entire head or just crown etc? Daily thing? Just trying to figure out how you dermaroll an area with such high hair in the front etc.

I put lipogaine on my crown and all over my donor area down to the neck in the morning,I put lipogaine on my top scalp at night, I use the dermaroller once a week and I don't put minoxidil on until the next day, I basically follow this study

A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study

I'm lucky I have responded well to the lipogaine, I'm hopeful it'll be better once I incorporate the topical finasteride.

View my thread

I just bought a Dermaroller for 10 bucks on Amazon. You'll wanna get the 3mm needle one.

Lets see if it works......LOL. I'll report back

Yontree 1 pc Micro Needle Skin Facial Cleaner Home Use Physiotherapy Tools Black 3 mm: Amazon.ca: Beauty

Everything I have read has said 0.25 - 0.35 mm for minoxidil absorption, and 0.5 - 1.5mm for hair stimulation (used only every 1-4 weeks). Might want to research more before getting a 3mm one.

Everything I have read has said 0.25 - 0.35 mm for minoxidil absorption, and 0.5 - 1.5mm for hair stimulation (used only every 1-4 weeks). Might want to research more before getting a 3mm one

That doesnt make sense because you would think the idea is to puncture holes as deep as possible