Can I have a Transplant ?

Latest reply?

DOCTORS RECOMMENDATION

• Number of grafts: 3100 grafts (8300 hairs)
  • Technique: FUE, Semi Manual and Motorized, 0.6-0.8mm punch
  • Coverage: Hairline, front hair and crown
  • Design: Soft hairline camouflage, dense packing of the grafts
  • Density: Front-:50-60 grafts per cm squared, Crown: 40 grafts per cm squared
  • Expected Result: Full hair appearance, dense natural hairline and front hair and slightly less dense crown to achieve a natural look

Dr. Civas

CIVAS HAIR TRANSPLANT

Uğur Mumcu Street 61/6

Gaziosmanpaşa Ankara Turkey

Many clincis/ doctors have said these types of things to me from around the world?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. With only 3100 grafts you cannot possibly cover that much surface space, even if the density level was dropped.

And dense packing the frontal zone at 50-60 FU per cm2 won't leave anything for the crown. It's a matter of simple math.

So no offense, it's just not possible to achieve that level of density and that extensive coverage with 3100 grafts...:rolleyes:

It is obvious that Norwwod 7 is already apparent and grafting the frontal zone region at such aggressive levels won't leave anything for the other areas.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Latest reply?

DOCTORS RECOMMENDATION

• Number of grafts: 3100 grafts (8300 hairs)
  • Technique: FUE, Semi Manual and Motorized, 0.6-0.8mm punch
  • Coverage: Hairline, front hair and crown
  • Design: Soft hairline camouflage, dense packing of the grafts
  • Density: Front-:50-60 grafts per cm squared, Crown: 40 grafts per cm squared
  • Expected Result: Full hair appearance, dense natural hairline and front hair and slightly less dense crown to achieve a natural look

Dr. Civas

CIVAS HAIR TRANSPLANT

Uğur Mumcu Street 61/6

Gaziosmanpaşa Ankara Turkey

Many clincis/ doctors have said these types of things to me from around the world?

Also how the heck does he know he will get 8300 hairs? No one knows that from afar. Heck you really don't know until post surgery - you can only guestimate. That's over 2.6 hair per graft. Even if you can hand select 3s and 4s you dont know how man are out there from a photo.

And his expected result for 3100 grafts is egregiously overcheery. You wont get a "dense hairline" with 3100 grafts until you put all if it in the front third - and then you wont have anything in mid scalp to crown. I'd love to see a doctor show us 50-60 cm2 in front third and 40 cm2 all the way back to a near empty scalp with 3100 grafts. :rolleyes:

His real answer should have been something like 40-45 cm2 in hairline, 30-35 cm2 to about 2/3rds of the way back. Forget the crown in HT1, we dont have any grafts left to attempt it.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

After sometime of hair loss and dealing with many life events over the years.

I saved some money and thought why not improve my look by restoring my hair by having a hair transplant and all the other benefits which come along with having hair such as confidence etc.

I then sent my pictures around the world and went to many clinics and had face to face consultations in London.

Many clinics were telling me i could have a transplant and to book in for treatment giving me a graft number and price between ?5 to ?12 thousand pounds.

Farjo clinic in London advised me i was not a suitable candidate.

They then advised me to contact Doctor Jose Lorenzo.

Dear Dr Jose Lorenzo,

I have had different opinions regarding a hair transplant I really want.

Please can you take look at the pictures enclosed and advise me.

Some info about me:

I'm male 35 years old in the past 5 years the hair falling out has near

stopped it started around 23 years old.

My dad and brother have all hair loss except the sides. My brothers hair

fell out around 23-24. I thought mine would be the same but its not the

case. My hair on the side grows back very quick so I cut it every other

day to try and blend it into the crown area.

In the past I have tried propica and regain which I don't want to anymore.

I have also improved my diet and reduced stress so I think this has

helped.

Currently I use the Alpecin shampoo and after care liquid. Never had any

other treatment.

I would like full crown hair back and full hair line at the front.

Thank You

Reply,

Subject: Re: Help - Hair Transplant

Dear Sir:

With 35 yo you can't say that your hair is stable. The safe area in your

scalp is drawing a NW 6, and the hair in the mid and frontal area have

signals of thinning, so, slower than your relatives, but have the same

probabilities to be like them in 10 years.

it's a pity that you can have the benefit of the medications, because

that?s always help.

If we focus in your crown, it's a very big area, probably 150 cm2 (150x

45 grafts/cm= 6750 grafts).

Only good donor areas can support that number

of grafts (I can't see the quality of your donor in those photos).

We have examples of big alopecias treated by HT, but not all of them

can be afford. Always need the help of the medication and a good donor

area.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

I then sent further pictures and asked further questions as i was confused with what others were telling me. The doctor replied,

As I told you, I don’t think that your donor is safe: temporal areas with

low coverage and retrograde alopecia in the nape. Bad signs that suggest

that you will be a NW VII in the future. In my opinion and without the

med’s is better to be as you are. Nizoral don’t help against alopecia.

Minoxidil is useful but only 20% of the patients have some kind of

benefit.

No candidate for us, sorry.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

To this day i'm been told by many places i'm suitable except for a few who i found on this webpage. I've posted the reply from them already in the thread.

Since coming on to the webpage i learnt alot more and confirmed doubts which i had. Thanks.

Now i do have some further possibilities with beard hair etc which i'm looking into.

I'm also checking again to see if there could be any doubt about my donor area from the pictures, light etc but today i got a reply saying there is no doubt.

Edited by Rashid35

• Administrators
After sometime of hair loss and dealing with many life events over the years.

I saved some money and thought why not improve my look by restoring my hair by having a hair transplant and all the other benefits which come along with having hair such as confidence etc.

I then sent my pictures around the world and went to many clinics and had face to face consultations in London.

Many clinics were telling me i could have a transplant and to book in for treatment giving me a graft number and price between ?5 to ?12 thousand pounds.

Farjo clinic in London advised me i was not a suitable candidate.

They then advised me to contact Doctor Jose Lorenzo.

Dear Dr Jose Lorenzo,

I have had different opinions regarding a hair transplant I really want.

Please can you take look at the pictures enclosed and advise me.

Some info about me:

I'm male 35 years old in the past 5 years the hair falling out has near

stopped it started around 23 years old.

My dad and brother have all hair loss except the sides. My brothers hair

fell out around 23-24. I thought mine would be the same but its not the

case. My hair on the side grows back very quick so I cut it every other

day to try and blend it into the crown area.

In the past I have tried propica and regain which I don't want to anymore.

I have also improved my diet and reduced stress so I think this has

helped.

Currently I use the Alpecin shampoo and after care liquid. Never had any

other treatment.

I would like full crown hair back and full hair line at the front.

Thank You

Reply,

Subject: Re: Help - Hair Transplant

Dear Sir:

With 35 yo you can't say that your hair is stable. The safe area in your

scalp is drawing a NW 6, and the hair in the mid and frontal area have

signals of thinning, so, slower than your relatives, but have the same

probabilities to be like them in 10 years.

it's a pity that you can have the benefit of the medications, because

that?s always help.

If we focus in your crown, it's a very big area, probably 150 cm2 (150x

45 grafts/cm= 6750 grafts).

Only good donor areas can support that number

of grafts (I can't see the quality of your donor in those photos).

We have examples of big alopecias treated by HT, but not all of them

can be afford. Always need the help of the medication and a good donor

area.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

I then sent further pictures and asked further questions as i was confused with what others were telling me. The doctor replied,

As I told you, I don’t think that your donor is safe: temporal areas with

low coverage and retrograde alopecia in the nape. Bad signs that suggest

that you will be a NW VII in the future. In my opinion and without the

med’s is better to be as you are. Nizoral don’t help against alopecia.

Minoxidil is useful but only 20% of the patients have some kind of

benefit.

No candidate for us, sorry.

Regards

Dr. Jose Lorenzo

To this day i'm been told by many places i'm suitable except for a few who i found on this webpage. I've posted the reply from them already in the thread.

Since coming on to the webpage i learnt alot more and confirmed doubts which i had. Thanks.

Now i do have some further possibilities with beard hair etc which i'm looking into.

I'm also checking again to see if there could be any doubt about my donor area from the pictures, light etc but today i got a reply saying there is no doubt.

Rashid,

Dr. Lorenzo said I wasn't a candidate because I could not take propecia, he does not operate on anyone young that does not take propecia, there are few rare cases but they've all been guys in their mid 40's. I later submitted a new consult with his office and he says now that my results are good and that I could have another small crown procedure but that he can not guarantee that I will not become Norwood 7 in the future, if you took propecia for a year, he would change his mind, there's a video of a guy who's donor area is absolutely shocking, he looks like he had 7,000 grafts FUE it looked moth eaten and his scalp was virgin, he took dutasteride for a year and his donor improved and Dr. Lorenzo did the surgery. I'll try and find the video and post it.

Here is the video, look at his donor before this is a virgin scalp, it looks worse than mine and I've had 4,000 grafts via FUE

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Gentlemen, appriciate what everyone is doing to try give Rashid even the slightest glimmer of hope, however, he has now been advised by some of the top surgeons that he is not a candidate for a transplant. Yes, of course there are going to be a ton of surgeons that will operate on him, but the reality is that he just doesn't have the donor supply, and body hair is just not as reliable. Yes, guys like Umar and Diep can work their magic, but the chances of achieving the same success of these other patients has got to be very low. I think we need to turn our focus to helping Rashid accept that this is very unlikely going to work out for him rather than trying to give him such faint hope. I'm not telling Rashid to give up, and I definitely encourage you to get on Fin or Dust ASAP to see if it can help your donor. This reminds me of the Dumb and Dumber movie where Lloyd asks his love interest what percentage of chance he has of ever hooking up with her, when she said the chances were something like 1 in a trillion, he gets all excited because he has a chance.

@ Stig

What do you mean by "body hair is just not as reliable"??

Do you mean BHT grafts dont take as well, or do you mean something else??

yes, that's exactly what I mean. The yield on body hair doesn't come close to that of hair grafts, so definitely not something you should be banking on or relying on. Not trying to be harsh here, just realistic. I was always told during my consultations to always view BHT as a compliment to head grafts to add density and to view it as a nice bonus if takes. I think it is opportunistic to be telling Rashid that he can use his limited grafts and the BHT to get him coverage and that it will be successful. The chances of that seem to be very low. He should be asking if he can get enough head grafts to get coverage over an area and for that to achieve the acceptable aesthetic improvement. If the answer is yes, only then should he proceed with the combination with the use of BHT for a bonus. If the answer is no to the first question, then I don't think it is wise to be proceeding on the basis that the BHT will compensate for the shortfall in donor grafts.

Dutchie,

Stig is right. In my opinion, body hair is better used as filler and only after all scalp hair has been used and depleted. In my opinion, the most effective way to maximize the number of grafts a patient obtains is to start with strip and finish with scalp FUE. Then, if more is needed and you happen to have the kind of body hair that is good for transplanting, you can use that as filler hair.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Hi,

You hardly have utilisable body hair. Beard pictures were not found attached.

Regards,

Dr Tejinder Bhatti

Dear Mr Rashid,

The beard shall allow 600 grafts to be harvested.

Regards,

Dr Tejinder Bhatti

So where do you stand in all this. Continuing to post doctor after doctor opinion is not really going to help at this point. You see some doctors say dont do it at all, and most say you are limited to a small donor and few beard. That's where 80%+ of doctors are who dont just want you for $$$ and then piss on you when you come back in 3 years asking why they said "no worries mate, we'll fix it all.".

I think I said many weeks ago you will probably have to live with 3000 scalp and 600-800 beard. So fix the hairline, front scalp and then some diffuse coverage thru back third of scalp and ignore crown. I mean that is kind of where these doctors have you except for the extreme kinds - expecting 3000 graft Body hair transplant is not realistic etc.

Will you be content with 3500-4000 graft coverage in lifetime? You've done the homework so now what do you think with these answers.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Yes! you can restore your hair by getting hair transplant. Consult a hair transplant doctor, you can meet a experienced surgeon near you. If you're living in India then you can get hair transplant in Delhi. We offer hair transplant, hair loss treatment in Delhi, Gurgaon, Bhubaneswar, Uttarakhand and Delhi NCR etc.

We offer Hair transplant through Direct Hair transplant (DHT) method.

If it were up to me I would just go fucking Kerplank™ and just start transplanting hairs everywhere!!

What in the hell do you have to lose, nothing right?!

I personally from there would go with 2,000 to 3,000 front- and midscalp. Then I would focus on a BHT midscalp and do some finishing up on the crown, and not worry too much about the crown and back-crown too much.

After that just sing a few hail-mary's and hope everything works out

If it were up to me I would just go fucking Kerplank™ and just start transplanting hairs everywhere!!

I personally from there would go with 2,000 to 3,000 front- and midscalp. Then I would focus on a BHT midscalp and do some finishing up on the crown, and not worry too much about the crown and back-crown too much.

What he has to lose is a failed result and scarring. Both procedures produce scarring no matter what anyone says. His donor area might be compromised and even if he had a transplant the hairs might not be dht resistant which means they too will die when transplanted. He is being smart by not rushing into anything. I personally would be devastated if I got a transplant and the grafts died. I am not saying all hope is lost but he is being smart and safe in his decision making.

In my opinion body hair looks awful even if it takes and that's not the norm. Body hair is not reliable. It can in some cases be used as a filler if it even works at all but I would not count on it. I know Dr Umar and Dr Bhatti have a some cases that look ok but it's not the norm just like hair transplant results posted by clinics are not the norm. You see extreme and the best cases. For every good one there are more bad ones.

Dutchie, do you know something that the other top surgeons that just turned him away because he is not a candidate don't know? He just doesn't have enough donor to give him even a chance, and a surgeon told him his body hair isn't suitable and can only get 800 beard hairs. Just look at the pictures, he has a lot of room to cover, even if the crown is left alone.