2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Progressing well. The bare naked bald spots have changed to thinning effect. So far so good. Right side seems to be lagging a little behind. Front still holding on 3 years later.

Happy New Year to all.

81F8F4EA-31A4-4C53-B600-239278998DE7.thumb.jpg.1625571766989d5bf00d68aa465b74b5.jpg

CB4C2486-F1B2-49BC-8C8A-50EF6206EC62.thumb.jpg.35506dc4fbdf45ba4e0cd40c7b24775a.jpg

00081AB4-907C-48FD-B95A-DAB8AC5E2C0A.thumb.jpg.352d621470e37a653dd767dcbed23c4d.jpg

6614F919-7106-4E23-A06F-F883A951CEE1.thumb.jpg.f6a82b2f61e91bbeaed8b3aed0a9b18c.jpg

361A0C75-D5DB-491E-BD50-BEAAA95046A2.thumb.jpg.0df2fa4e1f8cbff15688d918a17e4c55.jpg

CBD10E8A-D775-4F56-ADE9-F8EF528D4B6B.thumb.jpg.f04a11fb8e2953fbecf127a8a4625ff7.jpg

CAE0E8B4-CD76-4E7D-A578-23EF30D2BF65.thumb.jpg.8dc343c6f2e5ceb94468679674bcd44b.jpg

5D84DCA0-9930-49B0-A76B-354DFF92123B.thumb.jpg.3bee5941fa9c4ad3876a8311692d0bde.jpg

Edited by spyk777

from what i've seen Dr Diep excels in hairlines. I wonder how they'll fare when patients get up there in age.

I personally think Dr. Diep is a bit too aggressive with his hairline placements, sometimes to the point of over-harvesting the donor area. Also, to me, his hairline designs look exactly the same from patient to patient. Sorry if it I sound over-critical, I still see some nice results from his work, but those were some of the personal reasons I did not go with him.

spyk777 looks great! BTW, never heard of a 3 HT plan. I've heard of people having 3+ HTs but not sure if they planned it out with their surgeon. Seems like that would take a lot of time, patience and of course $$$. But props to you, you've had all 3 surgeries and now you're just a few months away from your final result. You've totally rebuilt your hair and in general when someone gets that many grafts, it doesn't look natural, but your plan and your surgeon accomplished it.

spyk777 looks great! BTW, never heard of a 3 HT plan. I've heard of people having 3+ HTs but not sure if they planned it out with their surgeon. Seems like that would take a lot of time, patience and of course $$$. But props to you, you've had all 3 surgeries and now you're just a few months away from your final result. You've totally rebuilt your hair and in general when someone gets that many grafts, it doesn't look natural, but your plan and your surgeon accomplished it.

True. I once was near complete bald, which I now sometimes easily forget. Reminded when I visit this thread all the time. It was a very expensive procedure, but years of feeling insecure led me to just say screw it, and pull the trigger.

I am fully satisfied with what Dr. Diep accomplished. He did an amazing job. I can’t thank him enough. Hi hairline suits my face and was how my originally hairline was. One of the reason I went with him.

I hope to give an update in few months. The crown grows slower than rest of the scalp.

Peace out.

Nice. You should post a pre-1st HT photo side by side with a recent photo to show the fruits of the labor.

Also, I know Diep said to wait a few years before your next possible surgery, but did he think that you would need one? If so where would he use those final 1,500 or so grafts?

Lastly, from what I understand transplanted hair should last "forever" since it's taken from the donor region which isn't supposed to fall out. So does Diep expect that even though your donor supply is diminished, that you'll be fine for many years?

I had asked him will I need more after the 3rd HT.

He said I possibly have around 1500 left and if need be, can utilize them but advised not to move a muscle for 3 years.

Personally I think I am done with scalp to scalp. I may consider beard to scalp if ever.

I am also kinda exhausted now going through it all again.

Will now just sit back and relax.

Good decision. You've rebuilt your hairline and you bought yourself a good many years until you might need more. Hopefully in 5-10 years there will be some nice advancements beyond propecia and standard hair transplants (i.e. hair cloning)

Agree

• 1 month later...

I have a consultation with him next month .. just to my hairline I’m still a Norwood 2. .. what are his costs now ? 8$? Did he do a miniaturization test to see where we would go bald ? Did he measure hair caliber? Stuff like that.. whatever information u have please share .. also did he do the extractions ? Was he hands on n did most of the work or did his techs do it .. I’m nervous heading into my first transplant .

I have a consultation with him next month .. just to my hairline I’m still a Norwood 2. .. what are his costs now ? 8$? Did he do a miniaturization test to see where we would go bald ? Did he measure hair caliber? Stuff like that.. whatever information u have please share .. also did he do the extractions ? Was he hands on n did most of the work or did his techs do it .. I’m nervous heading into my first transplant .

I had my FUT with Dr. Diep last week. We didn't talk about measurements of hair etc.. As to FUE, I believe he does all the extractions himself. He did the all punctures where the grafts go, and his techs did the placements.

Edited by SWdan

congrats spyk, the results look fantastic, what a journey but well worth it. I'm contemplating my own third transplant at the moment, but a 3rd in 3 years, I may just wanna enjoy having some hair for a minute before shaving my head again.

Nice. No he does not do measurements and stuff. Nonobjective examination. Goes by his personal experience. But he is good. I am very happy with my results. Still going strong.

congrats spyk, the results look fantastic, what a journey but well worth it. I'm contemplating my own third transplant at the moment, but a 3rd in 3 years, I may just wanna enjoy having some hair for a minute before shaving my head again.

Thank you for the well wishes. Will update again soon. Still seeing changes.

Okay thanks for update spyk.. yeah I was uncertain with dr dieu at first .. but from his results I know he can get things done .. get a dense pack hairline the first time around .. I can understand why he uses 1mm punches to the donor on Asian hair .. n yeah it looks like crap right after surgery .. but it seems like he does that to get the maximum grafts without transaction .. better graft survival with bigger punches.. it’s probably his biggest flaw that’s why he’s trying to improve the extraction process When he gets better tools n knowledge .. but yeah he does seem like that guy to go to if u want a dense pack hairline with good growth .. kinda expensive .. but if my consultation goes well with him .. imma just go for it .. I’m tired of having ugly hair these past few years .. wanna look good again .. I need my confidence back .. feel more motivated with life n worn when u feeling comfortable in ur own skin again ..

N congrats spyk ..u lookin good already , n will get better .. best wishes to u with ur hair n life.. keep us updated ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...