2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

• Administrators

Awesome man, I'm looking forward to your updates, you've got some amazing donor density, I think 6,800 grafts all FUE is a record on this site. What kind of tools is Dr. Diep developing?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cool. Always like Dr Diep's work especially his youtube videos.

Awesome man, I'm looking forward to your updates, you've got some amazing donor density, I think 6,800 grafts all FUE is a record on this site. What kind of tools is Dr. Diep developing?

The tools he said were to refine his technique of extraction. And he would be definitely doing beard to scalp. All in all he said verbatim that he loves what he is doing and is working to improve himself. He said to come back to him in 3 years so that he could if needed, refine my transplant and he would have more in his arsenal then.

About an FUE record here. That is definitely cool to know. My donor area with 5000 + grafts out looks good to my eyes with completely shaven head. I would take that over a tell tale linear scar. Opinions obviously differ among the fraternity but I have had already made my choice.

I am again back to the juvenile stages of an HT where you pray that you are doing everything right. Luckily there is no much swelling or pain so far.

Thank you HTs for your wishes. Hope to keep the thread going.

:)

Edited by spyk777

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The hair looks really good with a buzz

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

amazing results been following your progress from here in NJ...may have to book a date with your Dr. soon!....question, during the ugly duckling phase and early on post surgery can you cover your head with a scarf or something to hide?...what about sweating at the gym? I run everyday of my life! lol

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

Hi Friends,

It has been a year since HT-2, 2 years since HT-1.

As you already know my HT coverage by Dr. Diep was a 3 session strategy - with the advanced IV-V hair loss and a big head.

1751 grafts were placed few days before on to the crown. Initial plan was for 1500.

He was happy with my outcome so far, although he told me I should keep my hair longer to enjoy the hair, rather than keep it short. He took some before and after pics and a video.

I have had a total of 6816 grafts transplanted till now.

I am told I could have around 1500 left.

He has advised me to wait for 3 more years before further procedures, if required.

-because he is developing new tools for improved efficiency

-he is expected to be proficient in beard to hair transplant by then (apparently says he already started doing it)

Picture 1 - prior to procedure 3, crown area

Picture 2 - Dr Diep making an assessment

Picture 3 - no linear scar of FUT, negligible FUE scars

Picture 4 - Watchful eyes

Picture 5 - Transplanted region in fluorescent light

Picture 6 - Transplanted region in natural light

Picture 7 - Donor area post FUE

So now I am in the recovery phase, back home, listening to some good music and taking it easy.

I hope to update every couple of months. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best wishes.

What punch size is that? Your FUE donor holes look quite large to me.

amazing results been following your progress from here in NJ...may have to book a date with your Dr. soon!....question, during the ugly duckling phase and early on post surgery can you cover your head with a scarf or something to hide?...what about sweating at the gym? I run everyday of my life! lol

Thank you Matty. If you do decide, just keep in mind he has 6-7 months waiting period, the last time I made my HT appt., so plan accordingly.

There are some ways to blend in during the duckling phase. Start close cropping your hair before the HT, so that after the HT no one will bat an eyelid. Again you may keep it short till the transplanted hair start growing in.

Alternatively you can obviously use caps, hats. There are several professional looking ones to use at work. When you run outdoors you also should make sure to have the HT covered away from the sun. So bandana, caps again.

Mostly no one cares about our hair other than us. I have noticed it may times. The three times after I had the HT there were some rare casual comments, not more than that.

Going back to gym - lifting weights, sweating - most of them recommend returning 2-4 weeks post op. I restarted 2 weeks later.

You just need some planning to make it work, once you set your mind to move forward.

Edited by spyk777

What punch size is that? Your FUE donor holes look quite large to me.

He used 1 mm for me. He generally uses 0.8-1 mm based on the hair type, caliber.

Post FUE scarring, even after 3 HTs it looks great. The healing has always been good. You can see that in the pre HT3 pics.

Edited by spyk777

He used 1 mm for me. He generally uses 0.8-1 mm based on the hair type, caliber.

Post FUE scarring, even after 3 HTs it looks great. The healing has always been good. You can see that in the pre HT3 pics.

I don't know. That picture you posted of your donor site made me cringe.

So lets say later in life, all your hair falls out and you shave bald, you wont have say a dimpled head from all the hole scars?

Well there will be scars with any surgical procedure generally. Depends on wound healing chacterstics. Scarring can become overzealous and can form keloids etc.

It's been fine for me so far, when I shave my head now. No significant dimples.

The debate on linear scar vs dot scars has been trashed around many a times. Boils down to your preference.

You have to make an informed decision.

I don't know. That picture you posted of your donor site made me cringe.

Agree. It is angry looking. It is an immediate post op pic. It gets better. Well I am just posting it as it is. Again I hope for you to be better and truthfully informed that may guide you to your best possible solution and outcome.

Edited by spyk777

• 1 month later...

2 months out. Front has grown back. Crown is growing hair in stubbles. Where there were no hairs there is hair growth. Adjacent midscalp has suffered shock loss. Keeping fingers crossed and taking one day at a time.

IMG_2760.thumb.jpg.cdd0d9cbc5d25f9ffc1c018f834faaa7.jpg

IMG_2759.thumb.jpg.c0ed6b51467c4842d7b96d15bcfe67b9.jpg

IMG_2758.thumb.jpg.fccca00e4540f21d4067ea9fc30d5e7b.jpg

IMG_2860.thumb.jpg.94b64c3b6cd4926170f071d9b52f0f16.jpg

IMG_2854.thumb.jpg.c0464589a991f99a83e782d7803385a7.jpg

• Administrators

The front looks great, you can see some light hairs in the back, exciting months up ahead for you spyk;)

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks fantastic everything on track

View my thread