2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

Hi spyk777,

You are looking great from month 4. Excellent hairline. Congrats!

Can you please share pics of your top and crown in better lighting? It's tough to see things when your top is partly in shadow as in the pics above.

• 3 weeks later...

Just some weekend updated pics. I am loving my new hair. It feels great to run your hand through and feel it on the top of your head. Words cannot describe it. My hairline is even better than what I had, before I lost it.

I am also considering a 3rd and likely a final one for the crown as Dr. Diep had planned. Have to consult with him by next month. Called and found his next available opening in end of March. Cheers.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.dd39019c334c9ccb94f17d46a679f03a.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.810805e81865315e84490c1938fd9bfd.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.c07541f85b378b156848c88e40acd006.jpg

FullSizeRender_3.thumb.jpg.814014595cfa6bf8919efe5828a085c9.jpg

Edited by spyk777

• Administrators

Wow faux hawk in full effect, looking fantastic at just 4 1/2 months can't imagine at 12.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi spyk, your growth is looking great. I just had an FUE done by Dr. Diep as well with 2300 grafts last week. I am exactly at the 1 week mark.

Everything was going well, until Day 4 I have been feeling incredible pain in the Donor area. I haven't been able to sleep at night consistently as a result. The doc mentioned that this could be nerve damage that will resolve itself in months and to take aleve for pain relief.

I'm almost afraid of being able to sustain months of pain of this. It's like random zapping and throngs in the Donor area.

I'm holding out hope that I am still at Day 6 post op and the Donor will be relatively pain free soon. I am able to see the red circles / wounds in the Donor so can't 100% tell if pain is from those or from nerve endings. I'm unable to lay down on the back of my head from the pain.

Is this something you encountered in any of your procedures?

Thanks!

• Administrators
Hi spyk, your growth is looking great. I just had an FUE done by Dr. Diep as well with 2300 grafts last week. I am exactly at the 1 week mark.

Everything was going well, until Day 4 I have been feeling incredible pain in the Donor area. I haven't been able to sleep at night consistently as a result. The doc mentioned that this could be nerve damage that will resolve itself in months and to take aleve for pain relief.

I'm almost afraid of being able to sustain months of pain of this. It's like random zapping and throngs in the Donor area.

I'm holding out hope that I am still at Day 6 post op and the Donor will be relatively pain free soon. I am able to see the red circles / wounds in the Donor so can't 100% tell if pain is from those or from nerve endings. I'm unable to lay down on the back of my head from the pain.

Is this something you encountered in any of your procedures?

Thanks!

This is completely normal, I'm 5 days post op myself and barely slept last night, the nerve endings are repairing, the pain should subside in another week or two.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yes omyhair;

Agree with HTsoon. I had a gnawing pain in the donor area (could not sleep like many) for I think 2-3 weeks or so the first time. The second time it was shorter (or I didn't care about it like the first time).

The nerve endings are damaged by the multiple extractions and they need to heal itself. Every person is different in the time of healing and duration or intensity of pain; but be reassured it will completely return back to normal sensation eventually.

I tried aloe vera gel. The cooling effect was soothing on my scalp. Cheers. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving forward well. I am having a crop of burst of pimples on the scalp, hopefully a new cycle of hairs popping through.

Off note, had a visit to the salon in 2 years time, and this felt great, did not shy away from all those multiple mirrors glaring at you!! lol.

IMG_0673.thumb.jpg.93a309db763c78539158c5b0d1c5a8c0.jpg

014.JPG.96ded41ecc46c70778732ba49f7b3805.JPG

013.JPG.c3ce45983a61313eefc794e963744c03.JPG

012.JPG.cad4e5d8bea08fce729feef1c3f9e17a.JPG

015.JPG.fa6acc9a59af8734b3923a516d287fa2.JPG

016.JPG.7e8d8e96d64fa0f875afba9db9f0b76e.JPG

• Administrators

Looks Fantastic Spyke! What guard do you go on the sides? it look really short and I don't see any scarring looks really good.

View my thread

Looks Fantastic Spyke! What guard do you go on the sides? it look really short and I don't see any scarring looks really good.

Hi HTsoon

I am using 1 and 2 sloped up on the sides. Scarring is not noticeable. . It is improving every month.

You look great! I am blown away...

As i already requested before, Can you please share pics of your top and crown in better lighting?

Looking forward...

Hi n00b,

Here is a top shot with the crown. It is the area I hope to work upon next year.

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.76367b4a24b0e68f4f59b6e46a1f2700.JPG

Edited by spyk777

• Administrators
Hi HTsoon and others. How much do you think I would need to get coverage for the crown. Input much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

From the photo you posted I would say 1,500 grafts. You may be able to get away with less, it really is all about placement and how you style your hair, I haven't placed that many grafts in my crown, I really focused on loading the top portion of the crown with less density going down. I think when the hair is grown out this will give the most coverage for the least amount of grafts. How many grafts do you have left? Did you ask Dr. Diep?

View my thread