FUT is more popular than FUE

I agree seems consistent , He says FUE is going to be an adjugate that will drive the industry to higher level with more natural results thicker results, but he's not what he is saying now. i agree that some of things he is saying today is very consistent with back then, minus the FUE slaggin

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Whether FUE is going to win in terms of popularity is a different question from which is going to give you a better result. Britney Spears may be more popular than Beethoven, so are we to accept...?

As for people preferring scar vs yield, it may be true for you, and many people, but it may not be true for everybody. A guy who doesn't cut very short and wants to cover a substantial area may well choose FUT. Personally, I think the debate over which is more "popular" is irrelevant, but here we are.

Sure. However the popularity question is somewhat answerable due to the ISHRS data numbers and the opinions online which are surely indicative. The overwhelming majority just talks about FUE or wants it. If one thinks otherwise he is either blind or emotionally invested in this issue. You know this just as well as I do.

The better result question isn't really answerable, its subjective and more a matter of opinions than the truth.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Little to no facts have been presented, everything thus far has been opinion scientifically speaking, there hasn't been any recent studies comparing FUT vs FUE yield, there have been studies conducted by FUE physicians that show 96 out of 100 grafts grew, but there haven't been any third party studies with no monetary incentive, a lot of you guys blindly follow physicians words without even questioning things.

The lack of evidence is also a fact. And that's probably what's kept some of us away from the surgeon's chair thus far.

4244778398_social_media_truth_xlarge.jpeg

It's coming soon.

• Administrators
Sharing information and opinions are great. We all have them and we all have our rights to share them. However, to state opinions as facts without any proof, and then to insult and attack those that disagree with the unproven facts BECAUSE they are unproven is another story altogether. As medical professionals, if we make statements of fact, we must prove them to be true. Dr. Feller has not done this and every time the scientific method is mentioned, which is the underlying basis for every high school level science paper, he simply ignores it. Why?

The answer is simple. He knows that this is his opinion and more so he knows he cannot prove his claims. Further, two weeks before this thread was started Dr. Blake opened a new thread:

"INTRODUCING: Modified FUE (mFUE)"

In this thread the "new" procedure known as "mFUE" miraculously gives "FUE type scarring with FUT type yield". But throughout this entire thread, that Dr. Feller has boasted has so many views to validate his claims, he has been villifying FUE scarring as being so absolutely horrendous that we are all fools with "learning disabilities" for not understanding the level of damage it is causing. How ironic, and convenient at the same time, that the very thing that he says is so detrimental about FUE is 1/2 of the strength of his new procedure called "mFUE"! What's unusual is that Dr. Feller did not make a single post in the thread "introducing" mFUE. The thread formation and all posts for 18 pages were left up to his partners Dr. Blake and Dr. Lindsey.

Dr. Feller was resigned to being the bulldog in this thread instead. The insults, the grandstanding, and the twisting of words all lead up to one very obvious strategy.

Attack and discredit FUE and those that specialize in it with UNSUBSTANTIATED claims that fly in the face of the scientific method while offering the solution to the problem at the same time.

DISPhair said " It's not like he (Dr. Feller) gets a royalty every time a FUT procedure is performed and thus would have an interest against FUE." That is because nothing about FUT is patented but...

"As far as presenting mFUE, while Dr. Bloxham made a presentation with some very broad strokes online, there are some aspects that we still can't discuss yet as it will interfere with the patent process.

Dr. Feller"

Two plus two equals four. It is my opinion, and the evidence supports my opinion, that this is a valiant but thin effort to develop business for mFUE. Claims about FUE and the three detrimental forces being so detrimental are not proven and all we have is discussion and any non-believers have "learning disabilities".

Kind regards,

Dr Tejinder Bhatti

It all adds up, I've been saying this since the beginning, it seems almost tactical how his partners and him have all teamed up to discredit FUE whilst presenting their "new procedure" what's even more alarming is how previously when Blake was a mod he would congratulate members on their results and tell them they did good by picking a recommended FUE physician, now the 180 turn. In a month span there have been several threads created by Dr.. Lindsey, Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham all of which either present a poor case of FUE which they state "buyer beware" and threads of "good FUT scars" it's clear cut marketing, when I asked why is it that you don't see FUE physicians slamming FUT, their reply is always "because they know FUT is superior" however why don't I see countless threads employing scare tactics regarding the scar? Repair threads never seem to bash FUT even if the scar is bad and the growth is poor. The reason why is because FUE is in fact becoming increasingly popular amongst young men, just take a look at the question section of this forum, more than half of the questions are about FUE or FUE physicians, like it or not this will only increase in time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It all adds up, I've been saying this since the beginning, it seems almost tactical how his partners and him have all teamed up to discredit FUE whilst presenting their "new procedure" what's even more alarming is how previously when Blake was a mod he would congratulate members on their results and tell them they did good by picking a recommended FUE physician, now the 180 turn. In a month span there have been several threads created by Dr.. Lindsey, Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham all of which either present a poor case of FUE which they state "buyer beware" and threads of "good FUT scars" it's clear cut marketing, when I asked why is it that you don't see FUE physicians slamming FUT, their reply is always "because they know FUT is superior" however why don't I see countless threads employing scare tactics regarding the scar? Repair threads never seem to bash FUT even if the scar is bad and the growth is poor. The reason why is because FUE is in fact becoming increasingly popular amongst young men, just take a look at the question section of this forum, more than half of the questions are about FUE or FUE physicians, like it or not this will only increase in time.

Agree 100%. Its a classless thinly veiled marketing campaign from said actors to coincide miraculously and drum up business for the 'MFUE' technique and their FUT business which is taking a hammering.

Do i really believe they are doing this because this is in the patients best interests? Eh no. Its all being economically driven. Only the very naive and uninformed will think otherwise.

I actually think its done them more harm than good though.

Dr Bhatti has nailed this on the head with his last post, to the point that he doesn't need to dignify any more responses in my personal opinion. This is no conspiracy at all, as Dr Bhatti is intuitive enough to see the motives at play here.

The is all a marketing agenda for Feller/Bloxham and has been since day one. Blake has done a compete 180 and changed his views almost overnight since joining the clinic. Simply look back in the forum archives and the evidence is clearly there. Any experienced forum member is well aware who has followed Blake on the forums over the last several years what has happened. No more marveling at all the great FUE results. Those same FUE cases are suddenly & oddly being bashed?

Dr Feller bashes FUE yet is promoting mFUE which clearly will involve larger scarring as staples or sutures will needed to used. A gross misrepresentation by Dr's Feller/Bloxham/Lindsey to even imply that the level of scarring would be comparable to FUE scarring.

Again why haven't they EVER answered the simple question of the punch size for their mFUE procedure? ( which should be called mFUT as most have suggested if it gets off the ground).

They spend endless hours on the forums but they can't take the time to measure the size of the punch their clinics used/using for this new procedure? Really? No one else questions this?!?

Even if patient was interested in FUT (clearly FUE has become more popular as ISHRS has proven) than based on this thread alone and the way Dr Feller has handled himself who would ever consider him for a procedure of any kid? I personally would rather go bald than to have to interact with this pugnacious man.

This suggestion of Dr Fellers that forum members have "learning disabilities" is disgusting and disgraceful. A new all time low even for Dr. Feller. You are well on your way to becoming the next Dr. Jan Seski with those types of comments.

52,870 views & counting ;)

Dr Bhatti has nailed this on the head with his last post, to the point that he doesn't need to dignify any more responses in my personal opinion. This is no conspiracy at all, as Dr Bhatti is intuitive enough to see the motives at play here.

The is all a marketing agenda for Feller/Bloxham and has been since day one. Blake has done a compete 180 and changed his views almost overnight since joining the clinic. Simply look back in the forum archives and the evidence is clearly there. Any experienced forum member is well aware who has followed Blake on the forums over the last several years what has happened. No more marveling at all the great FUE results. Those same FUE cases are suddenly & oddly being bashed?

Dr Feller bashes FUE yet is promoting mFUE which clearly will involve larger scarring as staples or sutures will needed to used. A gross misrepresentation by Dr's Feller/Bloxham/Lindsey to even imply that the level of scarring would be comparable to FUE scarring.

Again why haven't they EVER answered the simple question of the punch size for their mFUE procedure? ( which should be called mFUT as most have suggested if it gets off the ground).

They spend endless hours on the forums but they can't take the time to measure the size of the punch their clinics used/using for this new procedure? Really? No one else questions this?!?

Even if patient was interested in FUT (clearly FUE has become more popular as ISHRS has proven) than based on this thread alone and the way Dr Feller has handled himself who would ever consider him for a procedure of any kid? I personally would rather go bald than to have to interact with this pugnacious man.

This suggestion of Dr Fellers that forum members have "learning disabilities" is disgusting and disgraceful. A new all time low even for Dr. Feller. You are well on your way to becoming the next Dr. Jan Seski with those types of comments.

52,870 views & counting ;)

When did Dr. Feller imply that forum members have learning disabilities?

I don't, I suspect he feels that the expansion of FUE globally is a major concern for his own practice and will resort to scaremongering potential patience into his Godly view points to get money in the bank. 2009 he was pushing all FUT Dr to get on board the FUE train and now he is doing a back flip on his own words, what are we suppose to believe, did he lie back then or is he lying now.

what that says he is that he actually lies, all trust gone in opinion.

he has said no FUE advancement in 14years, so in 2009 when he was praising FUE nothing has changed, but in 2015 its the complete opposite. why?

Sorry Seth, you goofed again on the facts as usual. Perhaps you should ask me about things you don't know about or understand before you come onto a public forum calling me a liar.

That video was POSTED to Youtube in 2009. But it was FILMED 6 years before in February of 2003 at the very dawn of FUE. What you saw was my prediction for FUE and I was 100% correct. I also said several times it would be an ADJUNCT to FUT. So where is the "gotcha" value?

I never said FUE would replace FUT, or that all doctors should get onboard the FUE train, nor did I do back flips with my own words. Here's the link to the video again and the viewers can determine who is a liar and who can be trusted:

And what does this have to do with the popularity of FUT over FUE. And what does this have to do with the three detrimental forces of FUE ?

Dr. Bhatti,

I was unaware of some of the points you made as I don't spend much time on here. I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially those that have taken the sacred oath. I hope for everyone's sake this is just a misunderstanding. I know that there are plenty of doctors out there that have no concern for anyone and just care about money. Dr. Feller has been highly regarded for as long as I have been on this site. He is also endorsed by one of the most respectable people in this business. With that said, I do agree that accusations and assertions that are claimed to be factual, need to have accountability. I personally think you both produce excellent work. That is my honest opinion. This is now a globalized market. Patients have the opportunity to do as much research as possible and make a decision based off of all the criteria they find relevant and useful to make a decision. Dr. Bhatti, I wanted you to know that I am not on anyone's side. I am trying to be as objective as humanly possible. I hope this situation resolves soon and everyone can move on.

Dr. Bhatti,

I was unaware of some of the points you made as I don't spend much time on here. I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially those that have taken the sacred oath. I hope for everyone's sake this is just a misunderstanding. I know that there are plenty of doctors out there that have no concern for anyone and just care about money. Dr. Feller has been highly regarded for as long as I have been on this site. He is also endorsed by one of the most respectable people in this business. With that said, I do agree that accusations and assertions that are claimed to be factual, need to have accountability. I personally think you both produce excellent work. That is my honest opinion. This is now a globalized market. Patients have the opportunity to do as much research as possible and make a decision based off of all the criteria they find relevant and useful to make a decision. Dr. Bhatti, I wanted you to know that I am not on anyone's side. I am trying to be as objective as humanly possible. I hope this situation resolves soon and everyone can move on.

Disphair,

The thread is long so most people can't read it from start to finish.

In short, this site has become very FUE centered with wild claims being made about FUE that I know just aren't true. As I made my points I was attacked by very enthusiastic posters. This is nothing new. What is new is that Dr. Bhatti and his reps read two posts incorrectly and ascribed to me something I did not write. In retaliation for the perceived wrong they both attacked me. In a moment of self righteous outraged Dr. Bhatti claimed that because I was a Coalition member and he wasn't that the administrators of the site somehow gave me more "space" and acted otherwise unfairly in my favor. Dr. Bhatti then went a step further and said if he could debate me "fairly" he would school me as to why my points were wrong. Well, the moderators ultimately stepped in to confirm that I had indeed NOT written what Dr. Bhatti thought I had and that of course they had not played favorites. Did Dr. Bhatti apologize for his error in attacking me? No, he did not.

Despite the reason for him to enter the thread I accepted his challenge to debate. If you look back on what I wrote you will see I was very concise and articulate in my points and counter points. But he would not engage except for broad strokes and non sequitur comments. It's all there for anyone to read. He would answer my one question with several questions of his own determined to never stay on point. Then he ratcheted up the personal attacks. Him and his two paid representatives.

To flip the script he charged me with personal attacks and kept saying that my points were not scientifically proven or backed up. So, I put the Beehner study and a chapter from the Hair Transplant Textbook that scientifically backed up my claim. He just paid lip service to them and dismissed them. No matter how much effort I took to get him to stay on point, he wouldn't. He was being evasive. Since the moderators were not going to moderate the actual debate there was nobody to keep him on point or disqualify him. So I declared victory and left it at that.

But he decided that posting a video of his technique would do all the talking for him. But it backfired. EVERYONE who viewed it saw it as support for the points I had been making, which is that FUE is brutal on the graft and inflicts three particular kinds of injuries. I say everyone who viewed it saw it as support for my side because NOT A SINGLE PERSON COMPLIMENTED IT. Several gasped just as I did when viewing it. I'll post the link here tomorrow for you to view for yourself.

Since then everything he and his paid reps and overzealous supporters have written has been: an attempt at distraction from the video, and the usual attacks upon me.

Now, however, the attacks have been upgraded to charges of an evil conspiracy.

So that's where we stand in a "nutshell".

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

Don't believe him Lileli, he took the quote out of context. Actually, I can't even find that actual quote. The closest I could find is 1053.

Sorry Doc, you definitely said it, although not in that context of directly stating that the members have learning disabilities. Regardless, as an uncle to a nephew that has a learning disability himself, I found that comment to be offensive. With all due respect sir, using that term to make a point is highly inappropriate and unprofessional. You as a Doctor should know better. It's a serious problem impact many families. You have made some outstanding points on this thread, and I have a lot of respect for what you are trying to do here, but using that term the way you did was wrong.

Lileli,

Here is the exact quote from Dr. Feller you were curious about (1053)

As I already wrote:

1. There are thousands of FUT patients for every one FUE patient so it is absurd by the numbers. To not understand this is to either be disingenuous or suffering from a severe learning disability.

As I suggested earlier an insensitive and classless choice of words by Dr. Feller which seems to be the norm.

Also it is apparent that again he simply glossed over the specific questions that I asked him;

1. What is the size of the mFue (mFUT) punch?

2. Why misrepresent this as FUE level scarring when in fact the punch on the video is significantly large than ANY FUE punch. A fallacious and inaccurate way to promote this new procedure.

3. I find it disconcerting that your own patient rep Spex clearly disagrees with you in regards to FUE yield. He has stated during several consultations for prospective Dr F. patients that the FUE vs FUT yield is equivalent. You suggested you thought nothing of it? Any reason why you and you patient rep aren't on the same page? Seems odd?

As many have suggested including the well respected Dr Bhatti this is all in an effort to promote & market this new procedure. He clearly isn't willing to discuss the specifics of the procedure only vague replies and misdirection?

Lileli,

Here is the exact quote from Dr. Feller you were curious about (1053)

As I suggested earlier an insensitive and classless choice of words by Dr. Feller which seems to be the norm.

Also it is apparent that again he simply glossed over the specific questions that I asked him;

1. What is the size of the mFue (mFUT) punch?

2. Why misrepresent this as FUE level scarring when in fact the punch on the video is significantly large than ANY FUE punch. A fallacious and inaccurate way to promote this new procedure.

3. I find it disconcerting that your own patient rep Spex clearly disagrees with you in regards to FUE yield. He has stated during several consultations for prospective Dr F. patients that the FUE vs FUT yield is equivalent. You suggested you thought nothing of it? Any reason why you and you patient rep aren't on the same page? Seems odd?

As many have suggested including the well respected Dr Bhatti this is all in an effort to promote & market this new procedure. He clearly isn't willing to discuss the specifics of the procedure only vague replies and misdirection?

Wazaam, thanks for retrieving the original quote, however, the 2nd one is vastly different from the first one you quoted. Looks like you even tried to reword it, or were they quoted in two different places?

Sorry Doc, you definitely said it, although not in that context of directly stating that the members have learning disabilities. Regardless, as an uncle to a nephew that has a learning disability himself, I found that comment to be offensive. With all due respect sir, using that term to make a point is highly inappropriate and unprofessional.

Of course he did.

If he didn't he would threaten litigation as he has in the past with his unhappy patient(s). This has happened in the past when his patients results were poor and they presented them to the forums.

That is what I look for in a physician when things don't work out! Pardon the sarcasm.

Class act....

Mav,

Thread #1053

As I already wrote:

1. There are thousands of FUT patients for every one FUE patient so it is absurd by the numbers. To not understand this is to either be disingenuous or suffering from a severe learning disability.

Mav,

Thread 1101

Dr. Feller"

Two plus two equals four. It is my opinion, and the evidence supports my opinion, that this is a valiant but thin effort to develop business for mFUE. Claims about FUE and the three detrimental forces being so detrimental are not proven and all we have is discussion and any non-believers have "learning disabilities".

Kind regards,

Dr Tejinder Bhatti