FUT is more popular than FUE

DR. BHATTI HAS SEVERLY EDITED HIS FUE EXTRACTION VIDEO ON THE SLY. DID ANY OF YOU CATCH IT?

On 8/14/15, Dr Bhatti posted a video of him performing an FUE megasession. The video was unedited and lasted for 15 minutes and 10 seconds.

See the video for yourself here:

To this date, the video has 359 views.

From this point forward, Dr Bhatti began a diversion campaign to get people's attention away from this video which included attacking me as usual and making sweeping generalizations that were not on point.

Then on 8/22/15, something interesting happened:

Dr Bhatti went back and edited his original post. He replaced the original link with a link to a new edited version of the video. This new video only lasted 10 minutes and 57 seconds, has 89 views, and is highly edited. Specifically, he shortened it by a third and placed a " blur-cone" feature over most of the surgical field while performing FUE to hide the worst of his technique that I had pointed out. And he did all this silently without mentioning it on this or any other thread. Not even his two paid representatives happened to mention it.

Why edit the video if it was a prime and proud example of his FUE technique? Why did he blur out portions I specifically identified as examples of detrimental FUE forces? I'll leave that to you viewers to figure out.

Here is the newly edited video. See for yourself here:

Also of note is that this video cannot be embedded into the forums like his original one could.

Anybody think something's up here?

Dr Feller,

I think if he was trying to play a fast one, he would taken the first video down completely which he didn't do. The debate has now really fallen off.

I saw the original video and it was worse than I expected, though not surprising. Dr Bhatti is known for performing large sessions in a single day.

The worst part was his assistants forcefully pulling out the grafts with forceps and scraping them into bundles across the patient's head.

DR. BHATTI HAS SEVERLY EDITED HIS FUE EXTRACTION VIDEO ON THE SLY. DID ANY OF YOU CATCH IT?

On 8/14/15, Dr Bhatti posted a video of him performing an FUE megasession. The video was unedited and lasted for 15 minutes and 10 seconds.

See the video for yourself here:

To this date, the video has 359 views.

From this point forward, Dr Bhatti began a diversion campaign to get people's attention away from this video which included attacking me as usual and making sweeping generalizations that were not on point.

Then on 8/22/15, something interesting happened:

Dr Bhatti went back and edited his original post. He replaced the original link with a link to a new edited version of the video. This new video only lasted 10 minutes and 57 seconds, has 89 views, and is highly edited. Specifically, he shortened it by a third and placed a " blur-cone" feature over most of the surgical field while performing FUE to hide the worst of his technique that I had pointed out. And he did all this silently without mentioning it on this or any other thread. Not even his two paid representatives happened to mention it.

Why edit the video if it was a prime and proud example of his FUE technique? Why did he blur out portions I specifically identified as examples of detrimental FUE forces? I'll leave that to you viewers to figure out.

Here is the newly edited video. See for yourself here:

Also of note is that this video cannot be embedded into the forums like his original one could.

Anybody think something's up here?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It would be helpful if more doctors participated but I guess everyone is scared of hurting their business. The hair transplant field is more art than science and I am not saying that is bad but it hurts us when debate these issues. No doctor has the same technique. There are doctors getting results with only manual tools and hate motorized ones and vice versa. There are doctors using ARTAS and getting good results. Idk experience seems to be the only true valid measure. Makes it all very depressing. However, if my FUE transplant fails I will be getting FUT next time. So, I think each individual needs to make up their own mind.

Dr Feller,

I think if he was trying to play a fast one, he would taken the first video down completely which he didn't do. The debate has now really fallen off.

If he took the first one down completely it would have been too obvious.

No lileli, this was well thought out, deliberate, and purposefully executed quietly for a reason.

• Administrators
Hi HTsoon - I wouldn't say I advised him to cancel, more so advised that he could cancel and why it would actually save him money to cancel seeing that I presumed from his post that he felt he couldn't because he was locked in with a deposit. He seems to have made the decision that he would rather go with Dr Bhatti. If I was advising him, which I was not because he wasn't asking for any, I would have advised him to pick a completely different surgeon. Regardless, I agree he was uneasy, but how does this relate back to me point? I even specifically mentioned in my point that Dr Feller's bedside mannerhas probably turned away potential candidates and candidates just like that fellow. I also said I believe Dr Feller's surgery has probably received an uptick in new patients due to this thread. Just my speculation of course, and I could be wrong, but I highly doubt this thread has backfired on the good Dr, if anything it's helped his business. Obviously we will never really know, but I think Dr Feller is calculated enough to know the oppurtunity cost of doing something like this.

Well that's right you're speculating, but what's not speculation is that someone already scheduled to have surgery with him is considering canceling on the count of this thread. Your theory of Dr. Feller receiving more clients is exact opposite of my theory, in fact I believe anyone interested in surgery with Dr. Feller would be turned off by his demeanor, in fact several posters have stated that they would never consider him as a physician. Now if this thread was made initially to promote his business and already we have someone wanting to cancel surgery and others stating that they would never consider his practice for a procedure how is that not a thread backfire? Please explain

its interesting Dr. Feller refuses to acknowledge my question about why he stated Sethticles was a representative. Similar to the way he has ignored all of my concerns about the strip procedure, how can you present one procedure as superior over another without addressing all aspects about both procedures? Instead he merely states any questions regarding the strip procedure are mere distractions, how does this benefit us the patients who want to weigh the pros and cons of both procedures, and how is that a fair debate when the pros are only discussed for one procedure and the cons for the other.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I hate conspiracy theory especially when they only comes out after and not during.

One step that can be taken to clarify this matter is to explain how Dr. Bloxham I

remained unbiased and impartial as a moderator of this forum while he was working with you behind the scenes, developing this "new" technique known as "mFUE" and working on your financial arrangement that allows him to call you his partner. Was Dr. Bloxham being compensated for his time as an unbiased moderator while he was actively working with you?

Why not ask Bill and Pat privately. Bill and Pat were well informed of this and probably felt he would remain unbiased. Do you disagree with this or feel they were wrong?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Interesting info on FUE and consistent with everything Dr Feller has been saying:

FUE Hair Transplant Challenges | Bernstein Medical

Quote:

"Regardless of the precision of the blunt dissection instrument, the nature of “extraction” can cause the lower portions of the follicles to be pulled away from the surrounding tissue in the removal process and this can leave the lower part of the follicle “naked” risking injury and poor growth. This is still one of the major challenges to FUE researchers and a significant drawback to the procedure as it exists today."

...and even if you still disagree then what about Dr Wesley and his Pilofocus? There is a man who went to Princeton & Yale. If he thought FUE was so consistent in its present form then why on earth would he waste his time and money?! Makes no sense.

Interesting info on FUE and consistent with everything Dr Feller has been saying:

FUE Hair Transplant Challenges | Bernstein Medical

Quote:

"Regardless of the precision of the blunt dissection instrument, the nature of “extraction” can cause the lower portions of the follicles to be pulled away from the surrounding tissue in the removal process and this can leave the lower part of the follicle “naked” risking injury and poor growth. This is still one of the major challenges to FUE researchers and a significant drawback to the procedure as it exists today."

...and even if you still disagree then what about Dr Wesley and his Pilofocus? There is a man who went to Princeton & Yale. If he thought FUE was so consistent in its present form then why on earth would he waste his time and money?! Makes no sense.

He uses Robotic FUE which many people don't consider valuable, so I don't consider this the holy grail.

I have done a lot of research and I have noticed that a lot of American doctors really prefer FUT and I do believe that FUT is a gold standard. Some doctors even offer FUE for free on the linear scar. IS there more yield with FUT? Yes. However, how much more and do recommended FUE doctors get similar results? I believe the answer is yes. If FUE is such a gamble then any website recommended FUE is engaging in fraud. These are very serious charges and the hair transplant industary needs to do a better job dealing with these issues.

Ok, so you don't believe Dr Bernstein knows what he's talking about. Fair enough, free country.

I assume you are with the FUE camp, am I right? If you are then perhaps you would be so kind as to answer the following:

Q: Which sources of information have led you to believe FUE is just as consistent as FUT?

HINT: "results posted online", "an anonymous poster told me" and "Dr X's representative" are not acceptable answers!!

He uses Robotic FUE which many people don't consider valuable, so I don't consider this the holy grail.

Ok, so you don't believe Dr Bernstein knows what he's talking about. Fair enough, free country.

I assume you are with the FUE camp, am I right? If you are then perhaps you would be so kind as to answer the following:

Q: Which sources of information have led you to believe FUE is just as consistent as FUT?

HINT: "results posted online", "an anonymous poster told me" and "Dr X's representative" are not acceptable answers!!

1. Multiple doctors disagree with one another so I believe there are multiple doctors that get good results with their own preferred technique.

2. I have seen multiple videos uploaded by multiple doctors. I inspect my own doctor's private collection of pictures and videos documenting results.

I am in the camp that will grow my hair back. Yes, I want to avoid the linear scar as much as possible but I am even willing to do the fade option Dr. Feller talked about. I just believe a lot more bad results should be out there from top FUE doctors if the FUE technique was so undependable. Again, this seems more art than science. If my own FUE procedure fails( I am at the 2 month mark) I will do FUT next time. So , I don't have an ideological affiliation here.

If FUE is such a gamble then any website recommended FUE is engaging in fraud. These are very serious charges and the hair transplant industary needs to do a better job dealing with these issues

Lileli I assist the Italians patients at Hasson and Wong. The garbage FUE that I see coming from Italy can be considered fraud :). In Italy when you lose hair you go to a private dermatologist. Before they were trying to sell you their miracle hair products that could cost up to $400 a month. Lately there are all selling FUE even if they have no knowledge of hair transplants. One Italian that was a NW5 was told with 5 sessions of 300 graft he would be back to normal. After two session of paying $3500 he realized it was a lie.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lileli I assist the Italians patients at Hasson and Wong. The garbage FUE that I see coming from Italy can be considered fraud :). In Italy when you lose hair you go to a private dermatologist. Before they were trying to sell you their miracle hair products that could cost up to $400 a month. Lately there are all selling FUE even if they have no knowledge of hair transplants. One Italian that was a NW5 was told with 5 sessions of 300 graft he would be back to normal. After two session of paying $3500 he realized it was a lie.

I think it is fair to say that many doctors engage in horrible FUE technique. Dr. Bhatti has spoken out against doctors who try to use a machine to do FUE and just do it as a side business. I am more speaking about the reputable doctors. The doctors recommended here. Hasson and Wong now also offer FUE so they must be confident in being to deliver a good result with the technique.

1. Multiple doctors disagree with one another so I believe there are multiple doctors that get good results with their own preferred technique.

2. I have seen multiple videos uploaded by multiple doctors. I inspect my own doctor's private collection of pictures and videos documenting results.

I am in the camp that will grow my hair back. Yes, I want to avoid the linear scar as much as possible but I am even willing to do the fade option Dr. Feller talked about. I just believe a lot more bad results should be out there from top FUE doctors if the FUE technique was so undependable. Again, this seems more art than science. If my own FUE procedure fails( I am at the 2 month mark) I will do FUT next time. So , I don't have an ideological affiliation here.

Lileli,

Here is a link to a patient who visited last week after FUT we did on him two years ago. He uses a fade cut and could even go lower if he wanted to:

Fade cut after 1,800 graft FUT

Well that's right you're speculating, but what's not speculation is that someone already scheduled to have surgery with him is considering canceling on the count of this thread. Your theory of Dr. Feller receiving more clients is exact opposite of my theory, in fact I believe anyone interested in surgery with Dr. Feller would be turned off by his demeanor, in fact several posters have stated that they would never consider him as a physician. Now if this thread was made initially to promote his business and already we have someone wanting to cancel surgery and others stating that they would never consider his practice for a procedure how is that not a thread backfire? Please explain

its interesting Dr. Feller refuses to acknowledge my question about why he stated Sethticles was a representative. Similar to the way he has ignored all of my concerns about the strip procedure, how can you present one procedure as superior over another without addressing all aspects about both procedures? Instead he merely states any questions regarding the strip procedure are mere distractions, how does this benefit us the patients who want to weigh the pros and cons of both procedures, and how is that a fair debate when the pros are only discussed for one procedure and the cons for the other.

I hear you point HTsoon, however I still think it's a stretch to state that this thread backfired on him. What I can agree with you is that Dr Feller's bedside manner at times on this thread has backfired on him and is causing him to lose business, but quite frankly I don't get the impression he really cares about that, otherwise he probably wouldn't continue to say some of the stuff in the manner he does at times. In terms of the thread itself, I think he is certainly achieving exactly what he intended to achieve whilst at the same time he has promoted himself, his practice and his MFUE procedure. That's the key HTsoon, he is using this thread to deliver his message and at the same time promote his business. In terms of the magnitude of how much and whether that exceeds the loss of patients - then yes that's unknownand will remain so, but based on Dr Feller's attitude I really don't think he cares about the lost patients, especially ones that want FUE. He is specifically targeting patients who want FUT, and by promoting FUT the way he does, it's a good chance that he now has a presence with more patient seeking FUT or on the fence than he would without this thread.

I wish you good growth.

Your answers are as I expected. I fail to see how 1. and especially 2. can be considered more reliable than a detailed piece of information put together by Dr Bernstein.

You replied pretty sharpish to my initial message which makes me think that you didn't even bother to read the link.

I wish you good growth.

Your answers are as I expected. I fail to see how 1. and especially 2. can be considered more reliable than a detailed piece of information put together by Dr Bernstein.

You replied pretty sharpish to my initial message which makes me think that you didn't even bother to read the link.

I have been on his website multiple times and yes his research partnership with columbia university is good but again doesn't answer why many of the top FUE doctors get good consistent results. If they don't get consistent results then multiple websites and doctors are engaging in fraud.

• Administrators
I have been on his website multiple times and yes his research partnership with columbia university is good but again doesn't answer why many of the top FUE doctors get good consistent results. If they don't get consistent results then multiple websites and doctors are engaging in fraud.

Your not gonna get an answer its been asked before and they ignore it, also it should be noted that Dr. Bernstein does not perform FUE he has a robot do it, and according to Dr. Rahal the robot is not better than human hands, so there's conflicting information already, when I asked why popularity of a "failed" procedure increases every year I receive no answer, one would think that a procedure that badly scars you and that provides little to no yield wouldn't be practiced, that physicians would band together and agree that this procedure simply does not work, but each year you have physicians practice FUE more and more and more, according to Dr. Feller all of these physicians are being disingenuous performing a procedure they know does not work.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
I hear you point HTsoon, however I still think it's a stretch to state that this thread backfired on him. What I can agree with you is that Dr Feller's bedside manner at times on this thread has backfired on him and is causing him to lose business, but quite frankly I don't get the impression he really cares about that, otherwise he probably wouldn't continue to say some of the stuff in the manner he does at times. In terms of the thread itself, I think he is certainly achieving exactly what he intended to achieve whilst at the same time he has promoted himself, his practice and his MFUE procedure. That's the key HTsoon, he is using this thread to deliver his message and at the same time promote his business. In terms of the magnitude of how much and whether that exceeds the loss of patients - then yes that's unknownand will remain so, but based on Dr Feller's attitude I really don't think he cares about the lost patients, especially ones that want FUE. He is specifically targeting patients who want FUT, and by promoting FUT the way he does, it's a good chance that he now has a presence with more patient seeking FUT or on the fence than he would without this thread.

Personally I think his plan has backfired because you're acknowledging that his initial motive for creating this thread was to promote his new procedure mfue and his FUT business, according to him this is not true and is a conspiracy, also I don't believe the patients he lost want FUE they simply don't want to go to him specifically, so in essence his plan backfired, because his obvious marketing has become apparent and his initial motives transparent, it's not the fact that he did it that bothers me, it's the fact that he attempted to make it seem like he just wants what's best for the patient without caring abut his personal monetary motives. I don't like it when people to insult my intelligence, I'd respect him a lot more if he was just honest from the get go.

View my thread

Not to get too much off track, but interesting that Bernstein feels that:

"In my experience, Robotic Hair Transplantation is superior to other FUE methods in that it is much more accurate and more consistent. It enables the doctor to extract grafts with less damage than with hand-held instruments or other automated devices."

• Administrators
Not to get too much off track, but interesting that Bernstein feels that:

"In my experience, Robotic Hair Transplantation is superior to other FUE methods in that it is much more accurate and more consistent. It enables the doctor to extract grafts with less damage than with hand-held instruments or other automated devices."

Yea it's interesting that Dr. Rahal bought the Artas machine and doesn't even use it anymore because he states it's not useful at its present state. I respect Dr. Bernstein I truly do I think the studies he's conducted with Dr. Rassman have been a great contribution to hair restoration. But this conflicting information has me question the artas, when I had my procedure with Dr. Diep he told me that if the machine could do what he could do he'd buy 10 and never worry about performing another FUE procedure again, but he told me it doesn't the fact that few FUE practitioners use the Artas leads me to believe that what he said is true.

View my thread

I hate conspiracy theory especially when they only comes out after and not during.

Why not ask Bill and Pat privately. Bill and Pat were well informed of this and probably felt he would remain unbiased. Do you disagree with this or feel they were wrong?

Who really cares? Is it really the end of the world that a moderator was also working for Dr Feller? If it's such a big deal, then why don't we take a close look at the U.S. Presidential candidates. They can't run unless they have enough money. Where do they get the money? Donations from persons and Companies of interest. But yeah, they don't have any conflict of interest at all. Wake up people, that's a bigger problem than Dr Blake being a moderator whilst working with Feller.

Personally I think his plan has backfired because you're acknowledging that his initial motive for creating this thread was to promote his new procedure mfue and his FUT business, according to him this is not true and is a conspiracy, also I don't believe the patients he lost want FUE they simply don't want to go to him specifically, so in essence his plan backfired, because his obvious marketing has become apparent and his initial motives transparent, it's not the fact that he did it that bothers me, it's the fact that he attempted to make it seem like he just wants what's best for the patient without caring abut his personal monetary motives. I don't like it when people to insult my intelligence, I'd respect him a lot more if he was just honest from the get go.

You know I'm not the biggest fan of the fan of Dr Feller, but c'mon man, why would he or anyone come right out and state "hey guys, I'm doing this to market my business" - hell no, he is not stupid. Whilst I do agree with you that he is trying to market his practice and mFUE, but at the same time I do see genuine passion in the man. I believe he is very passionate about his view on FUE, and believes everything he is saying. You are dead wrong if you believe he isn't and is simply lying to promote his practice.

Edited by mav23100gunther

beside Matt1978 and Gunther, there is no other FUT supporters here, thus confirming that FUE is more popular, HTsoon is 100% correct, feller's tactics have backfired, I've read several people now want nothing to do with Feller who were originally on his side, one patient in particular now regrets a deposit and wants Dr Bhatti as his doctor, my overzealous ways seems to justified now in the eyes of people who quick to slam in the first place, Im still here, "trolling", "overzealous", "standing up against personal attacks" from "professionals", WOW how much has this thread backfired by OP, thanks HTSoon for all your supportive comments, thanks Dr Bhatti for again showing us your kind gentle demeanor, I think its quite clear you have stood by your claims and shown everyone what an amazing FUE surgeon you are.

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/