Dr. Tejinder Bhatti: 2412 FUE on February 23, 2015

Looking very nice david..Congratulations on your successful ht with dr bhatti...

I too had my ht with dr bhatti 4 months ago..Seeing decent growth till now..Hope it turns out well .

May i ask you one question...What was the implanted grafts density?

Thanks bablu! I don't know the density that each region was planted at. I left it up to Dr. Bhatti's good judgment to make the best use of the grafts.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I've been slacking on my updates. I missed my 6 month and now it's a week past 7 months so here goes...

Thought I'd try something a little different this time. I've got some leave-in conditioner in my hair and a bit of gel. Dyed my hair about a week ago.

I'm truly pleased with how my hair is coming along. Front view is awesome in my opinion. Exactly what I'd hoped for. Overall I think my hair looks very good in person.

5 months to go!

IMG_0081.jpg.b0509547926a44f0a9feaaddaa7fb558.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg.e80ba1cbda811268fc2d2d6da898b969.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg.744916c77fe4041cf4300eaaf1f74aef.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg.ef2d8106258f7b80c3c121f08e24728a.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg.5f4a0bb4fe5c07f3034d76e4d8c149e0.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg.1a1c7c6243638ed9480f10351e3d1480.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg.755709c2d501aa8a30d64b294f2aadb1.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg.5670255242a62b012c23f81e132a85d1.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg.1b10b841454515c33f4b9510984440db.jpg

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• Administrators

Fantastic result David,a lot of things have been said about Dr. Bhatti's extractions, but this result right here says it all. I'm happy for you????

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry guys, I've been slacking on my updates. I missed my 6 month and now it's a week past 7 months so here goes...

Thought I'd try something a little different this time. I've got some leave-in conditioner in my hair and a bit of gel. Dyed my hair about a week ago.

I'm truly pleased with how my hair is coming along. Front view is awesome in my opinion. Exactly what I'd hoped for. Overall I think my hair looks very good in person.

5 months to go!

Hi David,

Your hair is looking great. Very happy for your. Thank you for sharing your HT progress. Your smile makes your hair look even better:)

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for all the support gents! I truly appreciate you checking out and commenting on my progress.

For some perspective I thought I'd share the following pics when I was considerably balder and roughly 20 or more pounds heavier. The first was taken in 2004 at the age of 36. The next two were in 2008 just before I turned 40. I got my first transplant in January 2009 and shortly thereafter got off my butt and dropped 30+ lbs.

In the past year I've gained about 10 lbs back due to some life issues but I'm working on dropping them again.

Anyway, while I love where my hair and overall health are today, I sure do miss my complexion from those days. It was in 2009 that I began suffering severe, cystic acne and it's done a number on my face.

I will be starting Accutane soon and once the acne is fully under control, I plan to get some laser treatments to try and even out the color of my skin again.

2004.jpg.b0e9b6516eff1ea6497e4cc2637ccab6.jpg

2008-1.jpg.eaa0c8295877decdc19ad9ede4ce799a.jpg

2008-2.JPG.501681cac97340a25f8f18faedfbce40.JPG

Thanks guys! I'm really quite thrilled. At my "advanced age" of 47 I do hope to be done. It's good to know that I've got a few more grafts in reserve but it would be nice to concentrate on other aspects of my life.

Result of the year award goes to David!!! grinning all the way to the top

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

David - it is looking great so far. Really happy that you are progressing well and I would say your HTs have all been pretty successful (esp #1 IMO).

Thanks for documenting but also for doing such a stand up job in moderating this site.

James

An absolute pleasure reading your initial travelogue in the garden with some chillie and lime chocolate on this beautiful autumn day in england ! And also congratulations on a great result half way through.u look great and heres praying for an even more marvellous result at 12 months

Dr bhatti seems a very caring and inclusive doctor.

Ive just had my 4th and last ( 5 if u count 250grafts at rogers in 2006) ht also on the subcontinent and am at 7 weeks,with a huge bald chunk at the donor,prematurely and sudden post surgical greying hair on the temples and massive shock loss in the recipient but i feel calm as this is my third ht with the same doctor i used prior and he"s cheap and u get a naturalish result of some progress even if he is incredibly arrogant and rushes in and out, but im sitting calm as ive had shock loss before.but thanks to this board i now know of dr bhatti and thanks again for such a reassuring and inspiring thread!

destorius - thank you! I really can't complain. Though my first HT grew slowly and did not meet expectations in terms of density, I ended up with a very natural and acceptable result in my opinion. I've been very lucky and I'm very happy that I choice this path.

iwokeuptoabaldpatch - Thanks and best of luck on your most recent procedure!

Mickeydw - Thanks! It's been surprising to see just how quickly this HT grew. I was accustomed to being a slow grower with my two strips.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting my updates. I hit 10 months last week. Needless to say, I've been very happy with my results.

Got a haircut last week. #4 on sides and back. At this length the strip scar is very well hidden. Probably need to grow the top out a bit more to add to the appearance of density.

No styling products in these pics. Just some Rogaine Foam. I plan to color my hair again in the next day or two so I may post some more pics dyed and styled.

I've been taking .5 mg finasteride since my procedure. Just got a script from my GP for generic 5 mg and now taking 1/4 tablet daily. See if that gets my any gains at my advanced age. :)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5343.jpg.c8a8b573958d59d18713463086fa467f.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg.9e0b45bd5574db4ea8f2854f7841a093.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg.4c10bfa49046900baa385230ecda88da.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg.ed111293d8b139ba0df5683866406415.jpg

IMG_5346.jpg.a53a0375dac0cce0a48837ac620afe98.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg.8d550754d534843f7f62f7168e38ce7b.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg.0e81c967861191c307acec46a1ce16a9.jpg

Looks great David, You mentioned coloring your hair. I have about 30 % grey but still color my hair dark. I am getting a FUE transplant in May. Just curious when you colored for the first time post op. I don't mind shaving my head as much as I don't want to basically turn grey all of a sudden after coloring my whole life.

Thanks!

Vain

Thanks Vain!

I don't really recall how soon I colored my hair after each of my hair transplants. I'm pretty inconsistent with it and those that see me on a regular basis are used to me with the salt & pepper look one minute and colored the next. I also rarely use the same color twice in a row so I'm not fooling anyone.

Most clinics will tell you to wait about 4 weeks before applying dye or other chemicals to the head.

This looks great, David. I'd be happy with this myself. After everything you've been through, two(?) strips and now FUE, are you happy?

Thanks! Yes, I'm really happy with the outcome. The hairline is exactly what I'd hoped for.

It would be nice to add more density in areas not addressed in my FUE but the donor supply is running low. I think Dr. Bhatti said I may have about 1,500 grafts left plus body hair if I wanted to go that route but, frankly, I could leave things as is and be very pleased.