Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

As I sit in my hotel room here in Brussels having just completed my 2 day surgery with Dr bisanga and his incredible team, the feeling is definitely surreal. I had been a long Time lurker on this site, then a member and then a poster. After everything I got out of this site, as much as a private person as I am, I just had to give back. Special thx to the site owners and Mickey who showed me the light on fue. Thanks to everyone else who shared their stories with me

I'm 36' nw 5 have been losing hair since I was 21. After years and years of research I finally had decided on Dr Bisanga, even if it meant travelling to another continent. I had outlined in another post why I chose Dr Bisanga but below is a quick recap.

Manual punch 0.75 to 0.80

Dr Bisanga does all punching himself

Dr Bisanga does all recipient sites himself

He is very conservative and careful with donor

He held consultations in the US which allowed me to meet him in person twice to evaluate me (I wasn't comfortable booking with a Dr having only an online or Skype meeting)

I spoke to countless patients who were all very happy, the very few that we're not fully satisfied required minor touch ups which Dr Bisanga did free of charge

He closes his clinic once a week every month so he and his staff can rest

Lastly but certainly not least, the phenomenal service I got from his rep sl. over 1.5 years of constant questions , emails, calls until I finally booked. Not once was I pressured to book or felt sl was getting annoyed. And always, I mean always an instant response. Even after I booked I kept hounding him with questions and he was always there for me. A truly genuine, caring individual that had become my friend for life.

I arrived in Brussels Monday dec 8,. Nervous as hell. Tues dec 9 was day 1. I checked into the Catalonia hotel, 30 seconds walk from the clinic. Had a hard time sleeping that night and tues am, I could barely eat for how nervous I was. I headed to the clinic at 8 am and was greeted by Dr Bisanga. He was happy to see me and introduced me to Natasha who would be doing the I injections. Oh how the injections made me nervous. We headed to Dr bisangas office to re discuss action plan and hairline. Being a nw 5 trending to a 6, I wanted to go as conservative as possible on hairline as every graft would count for me. Dr Bisanga drew the hairline and continued making small tweaks until he got it perfect. He was not rushed and it shown he really cared and wanted to design best hairline for me.

Hairline finally agreed upon and walked upstairs to the op room where natacha and Nathalie waited for me. They saw how nervous I was and were very good at calming me down. I took half a Valium, got on my stomach and natacha started the injections. First one nipped but I thought to myself, this isn't so bad. There were many injections, some didnt hurt at all some more than others but very bearable. Natacha, your the best.

Once I was frozen Dr Bisanga came in and started th punching. Is was a breeze. Not pain at all. Every punch I heard a slight crunching sound and thought, wow I'm actually doing is. Dr Bisanga punched around 1600 grafts. Natacha then had me sit up and she started to inject recipient. This was a little more painful than the donor but bearable. Dr Bisanga then came back to do the recipient sites. Once that was done natacha then had me back on my stomach and she began extracting the grafts Dr Bisanga had punched. Dr b wants the grafts in body as long as possible. No pain at all on this part but was long. Once done, I was served a great lunch and then back in chair for placement of graffts. On day one I had latique and Daria work on me. both were incredible. Very focused in what they do and they striv for perfection. Parts of scalp were not freezing and despite more injections, I still felt some placement, but again very bearable. 5 pm, we were done. Carmen gave me some instructions and I headed home. Not so bad all. Slept ok that night, no pain, didn't even take the pain killer they gave me. Half way done. I thought day 2 would be easier and when I woke up I was much less nervous. I should have set expectations that it would be harder . Because I found day 2 to be toughet. Head is sensitive, ur tired from previous day and every injection seemed to hurt a little more. But natacha was great and I got through not too bad. We started at 1130 and I was done by 830. Long long day. Exact same steps as first day except this time I had Lucy and Daria as placers. Both very good. Special thanks to Daria who was so focused and u could tell she strives for perfection. Lucy was also great and Dr Bisanga, well he's a machine. Always calm and cheerful and hands like they were custom made to punch grafts manually.

Once done Dr Bisanga came in to inspects, made some minor tweaks , liked what he saw and we were done. I was then given a mirror and saw the work and had tears in my eyes. After all these years I finally did it. What an experience. I felt liberated. Oh and the mornings before during and after , constant messaging from sl, with me every step of the way. Total grafts 3223.

I know it is too early obviously to tell if I will have a very good result by 12 months, but I feel confident I will. A huge thank you to dr bisanga and his amazing team. You guys are truly the best and I can't thank you all enough.

When I get back home, I will be posting pre op, post op. 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 months pics. Wish me luck.

Thanks for sharing such a detailed account of your experience! I look forward to viewing your photos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Excellent write up stinger99. You deserve great results and your research and patience choosing your doctor should be an example to all looking into getting a procedure done.

I wish you a great result my friend.

Thanks for the write up stinger and glad you had a good experience.

Now hope you can rest before going home and enjoy some of Brussels a little.

Thanks for coming all the way you did and we were very happy to have you from doctor through to all the team there that played a part in your experience and you can be checked up in the days you remain.

Anything needed, just let us know.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Finally , you did it ... Happy growth .... Good write up mike , although it's hard for me to understand where your amazement come from ...they just followed their daily routines man that's all ...it's their standard :D

I hope you will be luckier than me !!!

Congratulations Stinger. I have said this many times before but Bisanga is the man. All the experiences and encounters relayed to me via patients of his continually astounded me in terms of the man's ethics and honesty. Where some other surgeons may have complied with a patients request for a low hairline, scar revision or unrealistic expectation, Bisanga always put his foot down and said "no, this is not a good idea". You chose one of the best in terms of technical ability and quite possibly the best in terms of ethics. My own experience with SL echoed the sentiments given to me via Bisanga's patients. Never a push for a procedure/deposit/booking and just straight up honesty with very prompt and detailed replies. Please do keep us updated and as always message me at anytime

Congratulations on your procedure Stinger.

You chose an excellent doc and I look forward to following your progress.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Day 3. Had some tingling pain in donor area last night. Nothing major. It was bothersome enough to wake me up but not enough to require painkillers. It went away and no pain at all today. It is now night and tingling pain is acting up a little again but really nothing major. Donor feels tight and numb, all whic is very normal for day 3 post op. Dr bisanga offered to see me today eventhough it is Saturday and clinic is closed. I took him up on his offer, he checked my out and seemed pleased with the work. Everything normal and looking pretty good. Scanning is probably at its peak now but nothing out of the expected. Sl has been in constant communication with me ensuring all is ok and re guiding me through post op giving me tips. I totally feel taken care of. i fly hone tommorow and Dr bisanga even arranged to have a driver pick me up and bring me to the airport at half the cost of a cab. ill likely be exhausted from the long flight home to Canada but will surely add my pics on Monday.