Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

My feelings so far.... I am very happy how well and quickly I recovered and how untouched my donor looks. Absolutely amazing. As for growth, I am happy that I am seeing growth. I have definitely seen improvement month over month. I can't lie in saying I was hoping for more density at this stage, but I do know 5 months is still early and I got 7 more months. I feel I'm about 35 Max 40 percent growth and this is likely a little less than where I think I should be for five months. That being said I know how things in the next few months can change drastically and this is what I'm hoping for. I'm a little worried that I don't see new hairs popping out but it's hard to tell. I also put very honest pictures under the harshest light possible to give honest view. I should have done more pics at four months to really see the difference. If you look at my month four pic it's under same lighting as the ones at 5 months that look like I have thick head of hair. Overall, I look much better than my pre op pics, but really hoping for much more density and growth. I know we covered a large area for 3200 grafts and I'll never have a full thick look but hoping for more density. Comments are welcome. Thank you

Hey stinger,

I wish more people would show more pics in different lighting it makes a huge difference!

I can see progress month by month, keep positive your about where you should be and as long as each month you see improvement you will be where you want to be at 12 months.

This my friend is only the start of it, your hair will improve greatly in the next couple of months and you will notice more density for sure. No two peoples growing phase is the same. You have a lot to look forward to. Thanks for the update on the photos ,

All the best for now.......................................Paddy.

My guess is that you are looking at about fifty percent growth. Remember that this was expected to be at least a two stage procedure and I think you'll need both to get that wow result. However, your in a pretty good place right now.

You had a really nice head pre op too.

Also, as you age, the density that you do get will become more and more acceptable.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thank you for your comments:

PMA: yes, lighting plays a huge difference. went out for drinks at a bar after work last night, lighting was normal and my friends were telling me it looked like i had a full head of hair.

paddy: thanks for your comments., im really hoping this progress continues and density with continue over next months. i had a fairly large number of 3,s transplanted and from my understanding at this stage it is very normal for the 3 follicle to have only grown out 1 hair. if this is true and over the next few months the 3 follicles start growing out the second and third hair, this will definately help with illusion of coverage. i also have a bunch of hair that is grown but thin and very light. as these mature overnext few months and thicken im hoping this too will have a nice impact on overall result.

spanker: i personally think i am at 40 percent max, but could be im at 50. if i double what i have now in next 7 months i will be a happy camper.

I met with Bisanga a year and a half ago and he told me that I only had around 6500 grafts available via fut or 2000 via Fue. He struck me as being a very conservative and ethical doctor. He was very consistent straight to the point, although more conservative than most other top docs.

I later had a consultion with another doctor, and my available donor was measured at 14000 via fut. Finally, a top FUE doc measured my lifetime grafts at 10,000. I am a Norwood 5 going on 6.

So Bisanga seems to be more conservative. This is not a bad thing, but my guess is that if he was willing to do an Fue surgery on a NW5, stinger, then you must have favorable characteristics and density.

He rejected me for FUE.

Out of curiosity, what kind of hair caliber do u have? Mine is 55 microns.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Sting I like your result till now ...Yet I don't think your density will suffer a huge improvement but it's a good result , once your hair will gain in maturity you will look much better

Delancey. Yes he is very conservative which like. When I initiallly consulted with him in Washington, I had a friend with me and Dr b rejected him as well for fue. He was going rough a stressful period and his donor was thin. Things got better for him, he used rogaine in the donor for almost a year. Went back for sick d consult in New York city , my friend came with me. Dr b re evaluated his donor and hen accepted to do 3000 fue. He did op 2 months after me and do far his result is looking great.

Thx liv72 for ur comments. However, I'm a little confused but it. U mention u don't think density will have a huge improvement, but then u say once it matures it will look much better, essentially saying that density will improve. Can u explain what u mean, thank you. Also, do u think at five month mark there is no further growth just maturing?

Let's put it this way:

1) To me you are an "early grower" and that's good :)

2) This implies after 5-7 months you reach a level of density like 70-80% of your potential

3) So realistically I'd expect at maximum 30% more density ...if u are lucky enough this 30% will produce a very good yield

I looked at your pics again ... I think there is more hair on the way dude , so stay positive :)

Thx for clarifying. I'm hoping to see some good growth in next few months. I also have a lot of thing light hair that has come in that don't realyy show in pics. If these hairs mature as I hoping they will, this will add to illusion of density as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi yonex, just hit 6 months. This was an emotional month for me. I had seen some nice improvement from month 3 to 4 and more improvement from 4 to 5. I was expecting a big month 5 to 6, but things seemed to have just stop. The first 3 weeks of the month, not much change, then last 8 to 9 days of the month started to pick up again and things started to improve. I have definitely seen growth and already big difference from where I started. But I feel it is still thin and sparse especially left side of hairline which seems to be lagging behind right side. I also know much more grafts were implanted in hairline than have started to grow. I Am just hoping new hairline grafts can sprout after 6 month mark as I was hoping all would be out by now. I will post pics shortly . Comments , encouragement are welcome.

They say at 6 months u should be at 60 percent. I feel I am at 50 percent. I'm still not sure what 60 percent means, does it mean 40 percent more growth. Or , all growth should be in at 60 percent of its density and the remaining 40 percent ito come is just maturing of the hair. What do u guys think. Thx