Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

Hi 362 guy, I have decided to wait for my 9 month mark to post more pics. I will be 9 months sept 11. I will be in Chicago at that time meeting Dr bisanga for a follow up. I will post pics by sept 14. I call tell you that things continue to progress.

Felt bad making you wait, here is a pic 8 months and 1 week, just cut, very short on sides and top. Taken In the car, bright light shinning in but no direct bright light hitting top.

looking great buddie. Grow it out and you will see the real benefit of benefit!

• Administrators

Stinger you really got to let your hair grow, unless Dr. Bisanga used 50fu per cm your density will always look thinner than the rest of your hair. Judging from your pics I'm assuming he utilized around 35-40 fu per cm, which is conservative but your results will look 100x better with longer hair trust me. U can keep the sides short that will make it look even better. Your results look great so far you've come a long way.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Dances,

thanks HTsoon, i agree with ur comments. my plan was to keep things short for another 3-4 months, hopefully have things thicken up and then grow it out a little. i also keep it short because the crown is pretty bald and im thinking if i grow out front half it will make crown look even balder. after op number 2 when i address crown it will make a huge difference i hope and easier to grow it out. i also agree that if kept short it will never look realy dense given how i asked dr b to try to cover as large an area as possible given my extensive loss.

i dont regret sacrificing density for covering a larger area. heading to a NW 6 and only wanting to do fue, this is the trade off which im am totally ok with. im hoping i have at least another 3000-3500 scalp graft available plsu another 1500 beard. if so, i am confident i will achieve my end goal. i am anxious to see dr b in sept so he can tell me how many more scalp grafts he think i have left.

• Administrators
i dont regret sacrificing density for covering a larger area. heading to a NW 6 and only wanting to do fue, this is the trade off which im am totally ok with. im hoping i have at least another 3000-3500 scalp graft available plsu another 1500 beard. if so, i am confident i will achieve my end goal. i am anxious to see dr b in sept so he can tell me how many more scalp grafts he think i have left.

Me and you think the same, coverage over density, you have great donor density I'm jealous, I've done close to 4,000 grafts and I think I got maybe 1,000 left max, but I got probably 2,000 beard hair. Let your hair grow to two inches you'll see a huge difference.

Take a look at this video, look how thicker is hair looks in the beginning once he cuts his hair short u see the difference in density.

(Link removed by moderator - We no longer host any discussion that reference this doctor)

Edited by David - Moderator

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
Wow that is quite crazy how much balder he looks after he shaves his head.

Exactly my point, I bet once you grow your hair you might actually like it, the problem with hair transplants is that they do not create real density, a non balding head has around 100 fu per cm, so if you were to transplant 50 fu per cm you wouldn't be able to see much of a difference, but with guys like me and you high Norwood cases this is not possible because we need a lot of coverage therefore surgeons are conservative and use like 35 fu per cm, when the hair is short it will look sparse compared to the donor area that is still probably 75-80 fu per cm. that's why it's best to grow your hair longer on the top and keep the hair short on the sides this will keep the contrast at a minimum whilst giving you the look of having more hair. Grow it out bro then post pics trust me you won't regret it.

View my thread

Me and you think the same, coverage over density, you have great donor density I'm jealous, I've done close to 4,000 grafts and I think I got maybe 1,000 left max, but I got probably 2,000 beard hair. Let your hair grow to two inches you'll see a huge difference.

Take a look at this video, look how thicker is hair looks in the beginning once he cuts his hair short u see the difference in density.

(Link removed by moderator - We no longer host any discussion that reference this doctor)

Holy crap, did you see that guy's scar?? The surgeon went WAY out of the safe zone... he took it to the bottom of the nape hair--which looks like it was already thinning.

Edited by David - Moderator

This is a really relevant point for me. I had 3,000 Fue with the same surgeon and I love the look of the newly transplanted hair longer. However, the longer I grow my hair, the more obvious the hair loss in my crown becomes. I have therefore been clipping my hair with a number 2, and the crown becomes less of a problem. I have been thinking of 1,000 grafts into the crown but I still have some hair there so I'm mindful of shock loss.

hi grigriman, that is exactly my issue, my crown is uch worse than urs so when i let front grow out the crown looks much much worse. im anxious to get op 2 in the crown done. btw, did you see any improvement from month 9-18

• Administrators

Have you every thought of using toppik for the crown? I don't think you should let the crown keep you from enjoying your hair transplant and maximizing the result. My crown is just as bald as yours, what I do is I fade my hair up high in to the bald spot, so that the hair blends in to the balding area, this lessens the contrast. Either way your crown is bald, even if you shave your head no guard, you can still see that the crown is bald so it's not like you're truly concealing the crown by keeping the hair short.

View my thread

Have you every thought of using toppik for the crown? I don't think you should let the crown keep you from enjoying your hair transplant and maximizing the result. My crown is just as bald as yours, what I do is I fade my hair up high in to the bald spot, so that the hair blends in to the balding area, this lessens the contrast. Either way your crown is bald, even if you shave your head no guard, you can still see that the crown is bald so it's not like you're truly concealing the crown by keeping the hair short.

I have but the longest I've grown my hair after my procedure is a number eight (1"). I think it worked better in the mid scalp rather than the crown. Do you have any images you can share of how you fade your hair "up high in to the bald spot"? I broke last night and cut my hair back to a number two.

I've attached some photos to show my hair at a number eight and a number two. You'll see that at a number eight, my crown is more visable and in the side profile, my hair just flattens in the crown. However, with a number two, the crown is less visable and I think it is a crisper hair cut.

pic4.jpg.7458c8a425a6a41eb3830a7202a2a795.jpg

hi grigriman, that is exactly my issue, my crown is uch worse than urs so when i let front grow out the crown looks much much worse. im anxious to get op 2 in the crown done. btw, did you see any improvement from month 9-18

I found between 9-18 months, the calibre of the hair improved and became less wiry.

• Administrators
I have but the longest I've grown my hair after my procedure is a number eight (1"). I think it worked better in the mid scalp rather than the crown. Do you have any images you can share of how you fade your hair "up high in to the bald spot"? I broke last night and cut my hair back to a number two.

I've attached some photos to show my hair at a number eight and a number two. You'll see that at a number eight, my crown is more visable and in the side profile, my hair just flattens in the crown. However, with a number two, the crown is less visable and I think it is a crisper hair cut.

You look balder with a number 2 if I'm being brutally honest, everything looks worse, your whole head looks thinner compared to a number 8 where it just looks like your crown is slightly thinning. It's your choice but I think everyone would agree that your hair looks a lot fuller at a number 8 even your crown looks balder at a number 2.

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon

View my thread

• Administrators
i find it looks much better at number 8, i guess htsoon is right

I hope this has convinced you to let your hair grow out once you have your full result, unfortunately, density can not be matched in most cases, so keeping your hair short makes you look bald, even the crown looks better when your grow your hair out, as I said toppik could be used to blend it better.

View my thread