Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

Hi stinger,

Looking good mate and I'm confident you have more to come.

Your question on growth is a really good one! As when the growth normally stops and when it's only maturing! I'd say growth upto 8-9 months and maturing 9th month onwards. Anyone else got opinions on this?

Thanks for the update sting

6 months is a lot of time in ordinary everyday life but it's not so long when it comes to hair growing after a HT, most people see new sprouts at 3/4months so you are really only 2 or 3 months into the growing phase and have plenty time on your side.

You should however see significant improvement over the next 3-4 months , more growth and maturation. Remember too that fue grafts usually take longer to grow/mature, many say up to 18 months before its all mature.

Another thing to keep in mind is that over 3k grafts isnt a huge amount in the greater scheme of things.

Patience is the key, I think it looks fine for 6 months and the big positive is that you have plenty time on your side

Good luck pal

Thx pma,thx yonex. I agree that 6 months is too early to make conclusions.and I've definately seen growth if u compare to my pre op pic. I think the next 3 months are crucial ones for me. So I'm really hoping I will see good growth and improvement in next 3', 4 months

Pma, I am of the same opinion in that I think u can see new growth up to nine months but after that it's typically just maturing. I shouldn't use the word "just" maturing because maturing of the hair over time actually also had a significant impact on overall coverage density and look.

Hi Stinger, there is already a night and day difference from pre-op. You should definitely see more growth though in the next couple months. Personally, I would start experimenting with length at this point. There will be a certain length and style that looks best once you find it.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

You should however see significant improvement over the next 3-4 months , more growth and maturation. Remember too that fue grafts usually take longer to grow/mature, many say up to 18 months before its all mature.

You are well on your way,

All the best ...................Paddy

• 4 weeks later...

7 month update. I am at 7 months post op. I. Can't believe how fast time has gone by. Things coming to improve but very slowly. My thoughts so far, well, Ii definately achieved a nice cosmetic change to date so definately happy with that. However, I was still hoping for my density and coverage at this point. I have seen a nice amount of growth so for that I am grateful. Don't get me wrong, over 7 months ago, I would have only dreamed of having this much hair as I have now. But I was expecting more density and coverage at this stage. I know I'll never have a ice head of hair being a nw 5-6 so my expectations were certainly realistic and the plan was always to do a second op and possibly a third and final one down the road. I've read a lot of post about patients at the seven month mark and seeing if I can expect more growth beyond this point. I am not sure I will see more growth past this stage and if that was the case I am not sure I got over 90 percent yield. I know I have a lot of thin hair which once matured I am sure will help make a nice change, but I am hoping for more growth especially on left side. The post op care has been absolutely incredible. I am still constantly in touch with stephen , Dr bisangas patient rep and he is an amazing person, great service and always answers me within an hr or less. Incredible. I am also confident that if by the end result I did not achieve the yield I was supposed to, that Dr bisanga will definately take care of me. For now, it is too early to tell and in fairness I need to give it until 12 to 15 before making my final comments on my end result.

Looking good there man. I'd refer you to your another Doc's recent comments on growth at this stage. So you still have a good ways to go and grow - it's not over yet.

Dr K: "The second point is mentioning the 'slow growers', who I didn't believe much until recently. I still think that some patients who eventually have low growth are called slow growers by clinics who don't want to admit failure. Usually when I don't see about 60-70% growth at 6 months I assume that I am in trouble. However I have had a couple of patients who reported close to no growth at 6 months and 70-80% growth at 9 months. I am not sure if these should be called slow growers as the definition is actually meant for patients with a constant delay to actually see most growth between 9-18 months. The patients I mention have a frighteningly low growth in the first 6 months and actually catch up at around 9 months. I thought it would be useful to mention these variations in growth."

Thx tav, comments as those give me hope that I will see more and more improvement over next few months. I've already had some good growth so that's good, I've also seen some patients have great month7, 8 and 9' so really hoping the next few months will be big ones for me.

Hi Stinger

Thank you for the update and for the kind words. You have shown the patience of a Saint to be honest. We see more growth monthly when we compared and I have just got home this second from being with Dr.Bisanga in London and he looked also at the photos with me as promised.

We would concur that would like to see more density at this stage. The approach was conservative and we spread as much as possible keeping in mind the norwood pattern and goals but would rightly like to see more coming in in some areas as you rightly say.

You have 5 more months to the 12 month mark and can be assured if anything at that stage needs addressing then Dr.Bisanga will do whatever is needed and address it. We certainly expect more to come in and will be with you at every stage and you have our assurance of that and I will be in touch as I have been from inception.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thx sl, I have definately seen improvement month over month albeit has been slow so that's definately good and I am grateful. You are totally right that given my higher nw pattern we did go conservative and Dr b did what we discussed which was to sacrifice density to cover a larger area. But yes would like to see more density and growth. I'm optimistic that things will continue to improve and I have no doubt in my mind that after 15 months if I need something to be addressed Dr b and yourself will take care of me. That just how bhr is and one of the many reasons why I chose Dr b as my surgeon of choice. What Id also like to mention is that my donor looks untouched. Dr b really is a wizard when it comes to the donor area.

Thx sl, I have definately seen improvement month over month albeit has been slow so that's definately good and I am grateful. You are totally right that given my higher nw pattern we did go conservative and Dr b did what we discussed which was to sacrifice density to cover a larger area. But yes would like to see more density and growth. I'm optimistic that things will continue to improve and I have no doubt in my mind that after 15 months if I need something to be addressed Dr b and yourself will take care of me. That just how bhr is and one of the many reasons why I chose Dr b as my surgeon of choice. What Id also like to mention is that my donor looks untouched. Dr b really is a wizard when it comes to the donor area.

I Think the growth is good. Offcourse it was impossible to achieve thick density with you intense hairloss. But i Think the best approach is like you did. 2 or 3 sessions where you each time add density.

I want to ask something though.

Do people look at your hair instead of your eyes when talking to you? Because obviesly even though it looks good, if i saw you in the street or something, i Think i would know you had a HT.

Im asking because people tend to look up at my forehead/hairline and i dont know if it is the hair or my damn forehead wrinkles they find Odd ?

Hi johnny, the growth has been so slow and gradual that people don't really stair at m hair. Also. It looks very natural in person and I now look like someone who is thinning as opposed to someone who Is bald. As growth came in , I got a lot of comments like, your looking really good lately, or, every time I see u, u seem to be getting younger. The reality is, most ppl don't put as much emphasis on hair as you think.

Hi johnny, the growth has been so slow and gradual that people don't really stair at m hair. Also. It looks very natural in person and I now look like someone who is thinning as opposed to someone who Is bald. As growth came in , I got a lot of comments like, your looking really good lately, or, every time I see u, u seem to be getting younger. The reality is, most ppl don't put as much emphasis on hair as you think.

Thats Nice. ?

Maybe it is my deep forehead wrinkles at the age of 30 wich makes me look like im 50 ? LOL

Stinger,

Thanks for sharing.

Johnny,

I never paid much attention to other guys' hair before considering a HT. In fact, I can't remember looking at someone's hair and saying to myself, "that looks unnatural." Only a trained eye would be able to spot a modern HT. My girlfriend is completely clueless when I point it out to her. I am sure that she represents 99.9% of the people that see you on a daily basis.

Do you have any pictures? I'll give you 100% honest feedback. Remember that when growth, design, placement and density are optimal, no one should be able to tell that you've had any work done unless it is his job to do so.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

hi dave, thx for your post. i mean im happy i got growth, but it is definately not where i wanted and expected it to be. i still got 4-5 months of potential growth, maturing, improvement to come so i will wait to pass final judgement.