4023 grafts FUT Dr Ron Shapiro SMG - Oct 20th 2014

SunnyCool3

Looking good Sunny. Thanks a lot for keeping a consistent progress update. :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better texture for sure. More thickness.

One more observation, by mistake I bought Rogaine liquid instead of foam. It started giving me so much pain in the scalp. I used it for 2 weeks then immidiately returned it. Now I am back to Rogaine foam and everything is back to normal.

Better texture for sure. More thickness.

One more observation, by mistake I bought Rogaine liquid instead of foam. It started giving me so much pain in the scalp. I used it for 2 weeks then immidiately returned it. Now I am back to Rogaine foam and everything is back to normal.

I was using liquid in the evening, and foam in the morning. liquid seemed to itch for me at times. I use the foam only in the mornings or whenever I take a shower. The thing I see with foam is it drys my hair out. Better dry hair than no hair!:rolleyes:

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Agreed man.

I just use minoxidil once every weekday and twice every weekend. Its been 7 months now that I am on minoxidil and 11 months on Propecia. I'll never use liquid as it created so much trouble for me, didn't work for me at all.

Propecia seems to be working now as I am seeing some slow progress in the crown.

This result is not a home run. This a grand slam in game 7 to win the world series. :)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

Pics attached - please take a look. Very happy with the progress.

I took part in the international meeting of hair transplantation surgery in Chicago, Sat, Sept 12 2015. It was a very good experience meeting with some well known names. I was able to meet Dr. Rahal, Dr. Mwamba, Dr Konior and lots of other folks from the industry.

Dr Ron, Janna & Matt were very pleased to see my progress so far. In fact Dr Ron said that I don't need any other transplant which is very encouraging. Dr Rahal also checked the results in person and he also gave very encouraging feedback. I still believe believe my temporal points are still weak however I don't really care much about the crown area. Propecia & Rogaine have been doing good job on crown.

I actually took part in the Live Patient Viewing as my case was showcased for other doctors in the industry to view results. They could see my results and spoke to me directly.

20150915_095929.jpg.5bb8c02cef6d1c43949aa858f41a2a87.jpg

20150915_095647.jpg.6096b4d9e8174f196d361efa9098ea8f.jpg

20150915_100138.jpg.4d11c771687dcd62ee5a22807c8ef70d.jpg

20150915_100355.jpg.4d0091a437f11039cd6f5b01766ca1cd.jpg

20150915_131315.jpg.c71b85ba2785a786820a746861b29f85.jpg

20150917_092724.jpg.715d5aaeb7f2b88ab7d2fc00622076b2.jpg

20150917_101818.jpg.b39196bd3fedebc108a43c5659fa696c.jpg

Edited by SunnyCool3

You're looking really good at eleven months.

Great that you got to go to the Chicago meet and the fact you were showcased says it all about your result. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I truly "love" your result because of the naturalness and perfectly framed hairline. You're definitely an example of Shapiro's fine work - there's no wonder you were showcased! I'm a Rahal patient and going to see him again next week for a second FUE round behind my frontal zone.

A big thank you to Sunnycool and our other patients for taking part in the "Live Patient Viewing" at the ISHRS conference in Chicago this past weekend. Shapiro Medical showcased 4 of our patients who also happen to post on the forums. Our patient advisor, Matt Zupan - "Zup", who is at 9 month post op from his 2105 FUE session, "Arrie" who had a strip procedure of 2053 grafts in August of 2007 as well as 2 SMP treatments, "Wings" who had 3 FUE procedures for total of 4603 grafts and Sunnycool. Physicians, Assistants and other clinic personnel get to look closely, even run a comb through patients' hairs and of course converse directly with patients in the Live Patient Viewing segment of the conference. I don't believe there were any negative feedbacks, all very positive. "Wings" flew in from another state but we were fortunate to have Arrie and Sunnycool from the Chicago area.

Sunnycool --

IMO, the weakness at the temporal points don't warrant another procedure at this time as it's only slightly weak. The good news is that your donor supply looked great for future procedures. Thanks again and great seeing you!

Pics attached - please take a look. Very happy with the progress.

I took part in the international meeting of hair transplantation surgery in Chicago, Sat, Sept 12 2015. It was a very good experience meeting with some well known names. I was able to meet Dr. Rahal, Dr. Mwamba, Dr Konior and lots of other folks from the industry.

Dr Ron, Janna & Matt were very pleased to see my progress so far. In fact Dr Ron said that I don't need any other transplant which is very encouraging. Dr Rahal also checked the results in person and he also gave very encouraging feedback. I still believe believe my temporal points are still weak however I don't really care much about the crown area. Propecia & Rogaine have been doing good job on crown.

I actually took part in the Live Patient Viewing as my case was showcased for other doctors in the industry to view results. They could see my results and spoke to me directly.

Damm - that's a fine hairline!!!

Wow! Big transformation. Congratulations, Sunny! Dr Ron is tops. You clearly did your homework, and it paid off!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sunny you were in and out so fast i wasnt table to talk to you at the conference. Honestly I would of never guessed you had a HT cause of how natural your hair looked. For what its worth I couldnt tell any work was done on any of Dr . Rons pts.... I mean even knowing what a ht looks like and what to look for I was in real shock that Dr. Rons pts had any work done. Awesome results man!

You only live once...

Sunny you were in and out so fast i wasnt table to talk to you at the conference. Honestly I would of never guessed you had a HT cause of how natural your hair looked. For what its worth I couldnt tell any work was done on any of Dr . Rons pts.... I mean even knowing what a ht looks like and what to look for I was in real shock that Dr. Rons pts had any work done. Awesome results man!

What were patients from others surgeons like in comparrision? Which caught your eye?

To be honest with you the only other pt i really kept talking to from another Dr. was Dr. Koniors pt. He was a really bad repair case that Dr. Konior did an amazing job on. Once again I would never tell he had any work done and he needed a lot of work before Dr. Konior. He has a horrible FUSS scar (from another Dr. that did plug work in the 90s) and Dr. Konior did a phenomenal job! Anyways i dont want to hijack the thread with other pts and doctors, Sunny's hair looked amazing and he seemed to be such a great guy

You only live once...

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the comments.

Please take a look at the 1 year post OP pics.

I think this will be the last pic I am going to post. But please feel free in case you have any questions. I will be glad to help.

The procedure has been absolutely successful and I am overjoyed with the results. Dr Ron is defo the best of the best and SMG is a dream team. If you are considering an HT procedure, without a doubt, I would recommend Dr Ron and his team.

After one year, I can say I am not bald anymore and this gives tremendous confidence to me in every aspect of life (professional & personal).

I do not think I need another procedure for now. I am okay with the weak crown and would consider fixing side temples a little bit - may be 200 to 300 grafts in future, not sure but. I have started applying Rogaine foam in the temples area as well to see if that would help.

I will continue using both Roagine and Propecia and hope Propecia will make the crown look better. For now, I don't care abt the crown too much, doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks everyone for all the help & support. I truly appreciate it. Thanks to HairRestorationNetwork - what a valuable resource. Simply amazing!!!

20151022_103531.jpg.f1b7c9317285f605121b096718ea13f3.jpg

20151022_103306.jpg.370e424dc0cc615c7433d97d1c72ca86.jpg

Edited by SunnyCool3