4023 grafts FUT Dr Ron Shapiro SMG - Oct 20th 2014

SunnyCool3

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, Sunny! Also looks like you are very comfortable with it now, which is fantastic. I think we did very well going with SMG!

Thanks hadenough2014.

I think the first step in exceeding anyone's expectations is to know those expectations. Dr Ron & his team knows & understands those expectations very well. I am very comfortable with the short haircut and the hairline looks awesome. All I want is hair to grow abt an inch longer so that I can style it better. Also, looking to find a good stylist in Chicago area :D I think I have found one so I will schedule an appointment with her next month.

Well I am looking forward to your next update man. Please post some pics when you can.

Saw your pre op and compared it to this one -- what a transformation ! looks like you went through a time machine in reverse : ) . Dr Ron does work wonders with hairlines that withstand the test of time and aging . He did mine too more than a decade ago and I can't thank him enough for his foresight and artistry.

fortune11, thanks man. I have noticed outstanding growth so far and very happy with the transformation. Looking forward to some more coverage around crown area and better texture in the coming months.

Good to meet with happy patients of Dr Ron - "He did mine too more than a decade ago"

Wow - how are things with you man? You went through single procedure only or multiple?

Hi Sunny, thanks for the post, looks like we had our HTs on the same day thousands of miles apart, great to see yours is going as planned much like mine. Never really know what to expect but no complaints so far on this end. I will update my thread in about 10 days with the 6 months pics. Cheers Buddy!

Dr Bhatti 3305 FUE 20/10/2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ct-2014-a.html

Looking great and what a transformation from your pre op pics!

Congratulations.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

fortune11, thanks man. I have noticed outstanding growth so far and very happy with the transformation. Looking forward to some more coverage around crown area and better texture in the coming months.

Good to meet with happy patients of Dr Ron - "He did mine too more than a decade ago"

Wow - how are things with you man? You went through single procedure only or multiple?

I just underwent my HT #3 with Dr Ron , and waiting on results, just 2.5 months post op at the moment -- this time focused on the mid scalp area .

Unfortunately I am a NW 5-6 diffuse thinner and have lost most of my native hair on the top by now . So whatever I have left (hairline and frontal third , which i comb back to cover) is thanks to my prior 2 HTs (1600 FUT, and then 2000 FUT) . I have successively "chased " my hair loss with modest sessions each time as opposed to waiting for hairloss to completely mature and then going through a big mega session . In hindsight , I wouldn't have done this any differently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completed 6 months today.

Sharing some pics to update the progress. All the pics are with dry hair & no product/concealer on.

I am extremely happy with the progress so far and excited abt next 6 months to see how it will shape up overall.

20150422_084815.jpg.1713c92b5a9a6a178e067643207c6aff.jpg

20150422_084826.jpg.3a2a58df19c009ce0af6c7a9799b2519.jpg

20150422_084851.jpg.3114903abda0a19522145d7cd3e7fc1b.jpg

20150422_084902.jpg.bb729a7bc60663160fbb0b61a790b171.jpg

Edited by SunnyCool3

As you can notice crown area is little thinner. There were very less grafts used in the crown area as the goal was to fix the front & the mid scalp. Crown is not a big concern to me honestly as it's not very noticeable.

I've been on Propecia for last 8 months. I wish it will start doing some magic in the crown area. So hoping for the best.

20150422_110146.jpg.75482f47db7e1688df20d5b89b1a4918.jpg

No doubt you are happy! Totally changed your appearance (minus the face blackout).;) Frontal view is 90% of good hair look. I'm guessing you are the only one that notices the crown. Hair cut suites you well also I might add. I might inquire about Propecia the next time I see my doctor. Have any comments from others that didn't know you had a HT? Looks awesome man!

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

No doubt you are happy! Totally changed your appearance (minus the face blackout).;) Frontal view is 90% of good hair look. I'm guessing you are the only one that notices the crown. Hair cut suites you well also I might add. I might inquire about Propecia the next time I see my doctor. Have any comments from others that didn't know you had a HT? Looks awesome man!

Hey Bro, What’s happening? It has been extraordinary transformation. Thanks for the compliments. My hair loss used to let me down all the time especially during outdoors & now Chicago wind don’t bother me anymore J I think this summer will be beautiful but guess what we’re having light snow today LOL.

Regarding the crown – I think I am just being greedy.

I think my stylist did a decent job by giving me this modern haircut. I love it. I was thinking of going to an upscale salon as I wanted to step my hairstyle game up a notch. But for now I am happy with the way he styled for me.

I’ve been going through lots of confused looks & many compliments from the females especially at work. It looks absolutely natural. Looks like Dr Ron just did CtrL-C (copy) & CtrL-v (paste) as even I couldn’t differentiate between native & transplanted hair. Don't even have words to thank Dr Ron & SMG team. People just say ‘looks like you changed your hairstyle’,’ your hair used to be messy and now it seems you are taking care of them’ ‘did you change your stylist’

Propecia – I thought you are on Propecia already. If not, you should consider it. It will save your native hair from the loss & if ya lucky, you will get hair growth as well especially around crown area. Worth a try!

Great hair style! You're looking fantastic! Thanks for the update.