Dr PATH poor results stay away from him

kal121

Ok I had hair transplant last year july by fut by Dr Path where he transplanted 4059 grafts of which none of them grew ,these are the results at 11 months I know many say u have to wait till 12 months to see the full results but in next one month nothing is going to happen,I am not at all satisfied by this results please stay away from this doc,I had already posted by 6 months results in another thread please look into that too,

I was about to get hair transplant by Dr Rahal(whom I consider the no 1 in fut )but as I mentioned in my earlier thread due to visa problems I cancelled the surgery with him ,I searched for a coalition surgeon in asia and found Dr Path which was the Worst mistake I took in my life I thought all coalition surgeons are same I had researched lot about Dr Rahal but not about this Doc since he was a coalition surgeon I blindly went with him , so anyone considering a hair transplant please do a complete research about your Doc, There are people in this forum who has poor results with this Doc which I didnt notice before the transplant so don't go blindly on coalition status there are many better one's out there who are not in coalition best example Dr lorenzo (whom I consider no 1 in fue my personal opinion)

last 1 year has been the terrible part of my life since I am med student everyone knows I had a hair transplant even If I try to forget my bad results someone reminds me it every day I completely lost my self confidence, I just couldnt concentrate on any thing, getting a hair transplant and none of your grafts growing is the worst thing that can happen in anyones life You will spend more time in front of mirror waiting for your hair to grow but eventually nothing will grow everytime when I look the mirror now I had started to hate myself please don't do the same mistake I did, MONEY CAN BE EARNED BUT DONAR HAIR ONE'S LOST ITS LOST FOREVER ,All I got was a scar around my head hich even now gives me pain if I keep my head in certain angles in pillow and small INNUMERABLE bumps between by existing hairs

I wish I had a person like me who had guided me , I am just 22 I took the wrong decision now I have to bear for the entire life, many patients who get bad results wont come out as they don't want to add insult to the injury I came forward so that I don't want any person in this world to go through the sufferings that I am going through now please If anyone in India is considering having a hair transplant with him come and look my head before you go to him

I had followed all post op instructions like textbook even when I was adviced to continue normal shampooing I did it only in 14 days ,This Doc asked me to take minoxidill tablets at 6 months and to use laser combs since I couldnt find minoxidill tablets in India I went to the extreme of adding two drops of rogaine to my tea once in morning and night but nothing improved I feel like I was butchered Yes many good docs have bad results but not anywhere near where none of the grafts grew even If I had some 50% growth I should had a some improvement ,I feel like a guinea pig used for some kind of experiment

the pic taken now is taken after a hair cut so it might look slightly dense due to different light reflection but in real it looks much worse and please remember I had hair transplant of 4059 grafts I hope the moderators of this forum doesn't remove this since this is the first site that pops on google and I want to tell help everyone who are researching about this doc

Since these are my native hairs they are eventually going to thin in coming years and I am going to look much weirder and ugly now I cant even shave my head because of the scar only good thing is dutasteride is kind of holding my hairloss but I don't know when that is also going to fail

I didnt mail to the doc since when I mailed to him in 4months he said wait for 6 months and in 6 months he said 12 months now he is going to say 18 months

DSC_6612.jpg.4c1c51a2600cd4260f40e14748a08a0a.jpg

5b32df8e496fc_Beforeht.jpg.14ade0d70ed4c92aad6ce8a314505bfe.jpg

Edited by kal121

Seen quite a few poor results coming out of Dr. Pathomvanich's practice in the last year or so.

wb280 and akuma were sub par and jason5's results were absolutely atrocious. Of course, Dr. Path has produced some stunning work in the past but it's all getting a little bit "hit & miss" of late.

I feel for this guy - 4,000 grafts pretty much gone up in smoke and nothing but a big-ass scar to show for it.

Forget all the BS about 18 months - that's a hail mary if ever there was one. Maybe check out one of the Turkish docs doing FUE; they might be able to do some kind of repair.

Not enough info.

We need before and after hairline shots and angles.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Not enough info.

We need before and after hairline shots and angles.

please can you check my 6 months result thread it has lot of pics I am kind of posted in a PHC in remote village where net speeds are terrible

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173454-poor-result-coalition-surgeon.html

Here is his first thread, pics are immediate post op, pre-op, 6 months post op, and scar, in that order left to right.

I would agree that this is probably a failed transplant. He probably should not have been worked on at that age.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with Spanker. Performing on a 22 year old with what looks like diffuse thinning throughout the scalp... Not only might you shock the existing hairs permanently, but it is also much harder to make a foolproof plan as to how much to implant and where. You don't know which areas will continue to thin. 4,000 grafts wasted unfortunately. Not a good idea at all. Haven't been impressed with Dr Path at all recently.

I'm very sorry to see that your hair transplant yielded poor growth. I agree that there appears to be very little change from the pre and post op photos. I also would not expect any significant increase in density from this point forward. However, I don't think it's clear at this stage if that is due to poor yield, shock loss of existing hair in the recipient area or the natural progression of hair loss. Regardless, it has not met your expectations and I know how that feels as my first procedure also yielded poor growth.

...I hope the moderators of this forum doesn't remove this...

kal121,

If you've spent any time researching on our forum, you know that all patients of all doctors (recommended or not) are welcome to share their true experiences. We delete threads only in circumstances when members refuse to allow the physician to publicly share his side of the story in accordance with our Terms of Service. I know that Dr. Pathomvanich responded to kal121's original thread and I've asked him to respond to this one as well.

The hard truth is that all of the top docs will have sub-par results from time to time. No one wants to be that case and there is no consolation when it happens. Grafts are a non-renewable resource. Whether or not a patient decides to allow the physician to repair the result is a personal one. But, how a physician handles a repair is one of the characteristics that separates the great clinics from the not so great clinics. When my first hair transplant did not meet my expectations, I took my doc up on his offer to fix it and it worked out very well for me.

Whatever kal121 decides to do I hope he ultimately gets the results he wants and deserves.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I didnt mail to the doc since when I mailed to him in 4months he said wait for 6 months and in 6 months he said 12 months now he is going to say 18 months

I also wanted to add that I think it's a mistake not to contact the clinic to express your concerns. Though I have asked Dr. Path to reply to this thread, I suggest that you also reach out to him privately.

Dr. Path has an excellent reputation among both patients and peers and is known as a caring physician.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

kal121,

The hard truth is that all of the top docs will have sub-par results from time to time. No one wants to be that case and there is no consolation when it happens. Grafts are a non-renewable resource. Whether or not a patient decides to allow the physician to repair the result is a personal one. But, how a physician handles a repair is one of the characteristics that separates the great clinics from the not so great clinics. When my first hair transplant did not meet my expectations, I took my doc up on his offer to fix it and it worked out very well for me.

Whatever kal121 decides to do I hope he ultimately gets the results he wants and deserves.

yes every top doc cant have good results all the time but other top docs poor results have some kind of growth and some improvement but in my case there is no growth at all

I had a long discussion with Kal121 during consultation that his hair loss will progress to Norwood VI or to the worst scenario VII even though he described his father as Norwood IV. He was informed regarding shock loss of existing hair after surgery and it might not grow back. He wanted to lower his preexisting hair line and I advised him to move hair line higher than his existing line. His area of thinning hair measured from front toward the crown =220 cm2, the plan is to transplant at front to the top measured 155 cm2. Scalp laxity was 28%. Strip about 52 cm2 was excised and cut to 4059 grafts (1-hair=487 grafts,2-hairs=2883 grafts,3-hairs=689 grafts) on July 11,13 .Grafts were placed over 155 cm2 from front to top roughly 26 grafts/cm2. He was seen next day for follow up and left to India the following day. He was informed that it will take at least 8 months to see the difference or 12-18 months for the result.He also needs to take medication for his hair loss. Attached please see the pictures taken at the time of surgery. I know he is anxious to see big improvement but I need to see the current photos of his taken from the same as the pre-op to be able to compare.

DSC_0273.jpg.9ad08b36f81e0ee7e801b439b48e6a6b.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg.b6b8ee7647d7b1a6928951054de5f6a4.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg.84beb4f8ea31cac9ea91a21885ab6b31.jpg

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

I agree with Dr. Path.

That's major diffuse thinning all around.

It looks like I do see growth.. anyone else confirm?

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

I suspect what has happened is that your hairloss has progress, you've lost some of your native hair by permanent shock loss and/or progressive natural hairloss.

So the transplanted hair has grown and you've loss native hair. The net effect is what you can see as "no transplanted hair has grown"

If you had your hairline lowered a little, you will clearly see the evidence of my above comment.

If you believe the above theory wasnt the case, that is a major disappointment from a HT..

Edited by Loags79

that's why it's always important to hear both sides before making any comments

hope it can be worked out by the patient and doctor

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I suspect what has happened is that your hairloss has progress, you've lost some of your native hair by permanent shock loss and/or progressive natural hairloss.

So the transplanted hair has grown and you've loss native hair. The net effect is what you can see as "no transplanted hair has grown"

If you had your hairline lowered a little, you will clearly see the evidence of my above comment.

If you believe the above theory wasnt the case, that is a major disappointment from a HT..

Dude seriously do you think I lost all my native hairs in one year ?I have post op pics at 2 months it looks the same

Can you lose a lot of native hair in 12 months?

Yes unfortunately that can happen. I lost almost all of my front left from the hairline extending to mid scalp in 12months and lost 50-60% of my density on the right side.

You've had a HT.. so permanent shock loss is a possibility but in your case progressive diffuse hairloss is likely to be the cause of your current condition.

Edited by Loags79

Thanks to both the patient and Dr. Pathomvanich for sharing their side of the story on this topic. Unfortunately, young diffuse thinners are likely to progress to advanced stages of hair loss. Thus, often times, especially if hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine are not regularly used, natural hair is replaced by transplanted hair during surgery. That's not to say that natural hair is removed, but rather that between shock loss and natural hair loss progression, more natural hair falls out while the transplanted hair grows in. This typically results in not much obvious and immediate cosmetic improvement when the results grow in. On the other hand, the benefit of such a procedure is that the natural hair that was destined to fall out has been replaced by permanent hair resulting in a long term cosmetic improvement.

Obviously, I can't say exactly what happened in this case, but the above is often normal for diffuse thinners.

I do encourage kal and Dr. Pathomvanich to speak more offline regarding his concerns and continue to discuss a long term plan, which is ultimately required for anyone let along young diffuse thinners.

Best wishes,

Bill

Before this thread is closed I just want to say that it is bordering on unethical to transplant that many grafts onto a 22 year olds head.

I don't disagree but I have seen much more unethical choices being made by various surgeons.

I had a long discussion with Kal121 during consultation that his hair loss will progress to Norwood VI or to the worst scenario VII even though he described his father as Norwood IV. He was informed regarding shock loss of existing hair after surgery and it might not grow back. He wanted to lower his preexisting hair line and I advised him to move hair line higher than his existing line. His area of thinning hair measured from front toward the crown =220 cm2, the plan is to transplant at front to the top measured 155 cm2. Scalp laxity was 28%. Strip about 52 cm2 was excised and cut to 4059 grafts (1-hair=487 grafts,2-hairs=2883 grafts,3-hairs=689 grafts) on July 11,13 .Grafts were placed over 155 cm2 from front to top roughly 26 grafts/cm2. He was seen next day for follow up and left to India the following day. He was informed that it will take at least 8 months to see the difference or 12-18 months for the result.He also needs to take medication for his hair loss. Attached please see the pictures taken at the time of surgery. I know he is anxious to see big improvement but I need to see the current photos of his taken from the same as the pre-op to be able to compare.

I seriously expected a more sensible reply Doc not this copy and paste of the same reply that you made in my 6 month results thread

and as you wish I ill upload a pic next month with the hair clipped to same level to the pre op levels

Thanks to both the patient and Dr. Pathomvanich for sharing their side of the story on this topic. Unfortunately, young diffuse thinners are likely to progress to advanced stages of hair loss. Thus, often times, especially if hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine are not regularly used, natural hair is replaced by transplanted hair during surgery. That's not to say that natural hair is removed, but rather that between shock loss and natural hair loss progression, more natural hair falls out while the transplanted hair grows in. This typically results in not much obvious and immediate cosmetic improvement when the results grow in. On the other hand, the benefit of such a procedure is that the natural hair that was destined to fall out has been replaced by permanent hair resulting in a long term cosmetic improvement.

Obviously, I can't say exactly what happened in this case, but the above is often normal for diffuse thinners.

I do encourage kal and Dr. Pathomvanich to speak more offline regarding his concerns and continue to discuss a long term plan, which is ultimately required for anyone let along young diffuse thinners.

Best wishes,

Bill

Please I firmly don't believe these are my transplanted hairs I had read somewhere that when ht docs do transplant on diffuse thinners they do it by inserting the follicle into the existing thinning hair (I might be wrong)

But when my surgery got over Doc Path said he transplanted the grafts in between my existing hairs and he also said he did like placing grafts in between scissors above words are from doc path so I firmly dont believe these are my transplanted hairs , If they were my transplanted hairs I should not have the same look in 2 months since there is no chance of transplanted hairs growing in 2 months