4,500 FUE Dr Hakan Doganay 07th March 2014

BFA316

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4,500 grafts in one day?! Wow. I'm a bit apprehensive about ultra-large FUE sessions in one day but if I see consistently good results with them, I'll happily change my mind!

Those concerns about the procedure feeling rushed are very valid. 4,500 grafts in only 8 hours? I'm having a hard time believing this. Certainly the whole procedure was not finished in 8 hours?

Hi Mickey,

The surgery have updated their website where they state that a 4,000-4,500 FUE session will take 6-7 hours.

Hi Mickey,

The surgery have updated their website where they state that a 4,000-4,500 FUE session will take 6-7 hours.

Surely this cannot be right? Let's say the surgery took 8 hours for 4,500 grafts. That is 28,800 seconds. 28,800 seconds divided by 4,500 grafts equals 6.4. So they are extracting, punching AND implanting one graft every 6.4 seconds? What about implanting? I know they use the choi implanter to save the incision/insertion phase but if they did 4,500 grafts in 8 hours, that would mean they are extracting/punching one graft in much less than 6.4 seconds. This is not factoring in the possibility of a break for the patient. This is VERY concerning that they work at such a pace.

I'm not questioning you BFA, I'm questioning the Hakan clinic.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like there has been a slight improvement on my right side, but the middle and hairline has shown no improvement. I can see some small hairs popping up here and there but not enough to make me overly enthusiastic about the results at present.

20140712_161937.jpg.0c419d0a406cd2d049b4074de151d8f8.jpg

20140712_161945.jpg.a03a4586ccb253346f6100e07355cd41.jpg

20140712_162036.jpg.b5a6ea96b9b0252bca64dabad7670510.jpg

20140712_162046.jpg.47cee4a84c174108cc469d353456ed25.jpg

Hmmm, few things I don't like from reading this thread:

1) Rushed consultation with another doc to discuss hairline (3 minutes)

2) Quick (rushed?) turnaround of mega FUE sessions - quantity ($$) at the expense of quality?

3) Patients getting knocked out for the operation? Why is this necessary?

4) Patients waking up and finding Dr Hakan is not actually doing the incisions, as is supposed to be, because he is on one of his regular "breaks"....sounds dodgy to me

As a side note, I also don't like the fact the doc doesn't speak any English. I would imagine most of his customers would have at least a basic grasp of English and not to be able to communicate with him is a big turn-off for me. I personally think perhaps he should be making more of an effort to learn the language.

Surely this cannot be right? Let's say the surgery took 8 hours for 4,500 grafts. That is 28,800 seconds. 28,800 seconds divided by 4,500 grafts equals 6.4. So they are extracting, punching AND implanting one graft every 6.4 seconds? What about implanting? I know they use the choi implanter to save the incision/insertion phase but if they did 4,500 grafts in 8 hours, that would mean they are extracting/punching one graft in much less than 6.4 seconds. This is not factoring in the possibility of a break for the patient. This is VERY concerning that they work at such a pace.

I'm not questioning you BFA, I'm questioning the Hakan clinic.

Well there's an obvious answer here; in addition to the techs doing the punching and implantations, there must be more than one person doing the extractions.

Not my cup of tea at all but if someone doesn't mind techs doing the procedure, fair enough.

This is something people need to be aware of before booking a HT, You make think your going to get worked on by Dr X, however he might just be 'overseeing' the procedure.

I suppose if the clinics are putting out consistent results, then that's all that matters. Still something to think about though

• 3 weeks later...

i too had a similar experience waking up during the operation.... it was very brief for about 10 secs but it looked like a female and another guy (the 2 who extracted my grafts) were implanting the grafts.... i gave them the benefit of the doubt as i was drowsy and not 100% certain; but this thread confirms my suspicions.... no wonder they are keen on knocking everyone out before operation.... my guess would be Dr Hakan does the hairline, which is the tricky part and leaves the rest for his female assistant to do?!

4 days short of my fifth month and little to report, the growth has stagnated in the last couple of months with the clinic saying I am still in the hock loss phase. The hairline in particular is looking weak but here's hoping for improvement in the next couple of months. I got my hair cut to a grade 6 on top a few weeks back so the hair is shorter than the last couple of updates and I have added a couple of wet hair shots.

5b32e096dcd74_Month5Top.jpg.70b0b2a3147a80334e59e62af61c8b9e.jpg

5b32e096ec762_Month5Hairline.jpg.b898ba2f0152aa6dfb652054f89b94df.jpg

5b32e09710412_Month5Wet.jpg.a58f503f2b28fe976172668bd92daa36.jpg

5b32e0974981d_Month5HairlineWet.jpg.c32deebb9f359c944b58167428945736.jpg

4 days short of my fifth month and little to report, the growth has stagnated in the last couple of months with the clinic saying I am still in the hock loss phase. The hairline in particular is looking weak but here's hoping for improvement in the next couple of months. I got my hair cut to a grade 6 on top a few weeks back so the hair is shorter than the last couple of updates and I have added a couple of wet hair shots.

Man i was next to you with Dr Hakan on 8th March .... Had 2400 grafts.. To be honest have the same story here .... Slight growth but nothing much .... The worst part is, the posts by Dr Hakan's clinic show remarkable growth in 3-4 months which looks unrealistic .. I'm getting sure some of them are just posted with incorrect date ... I'm not saying those guys didn't have growth but maybe had it in 7-8 months but posted as 3-4 month ... I decided that i will not worry about this till the end of 4th month as it's part of the process and takes time .. But now at the end of month 5, i have started to lose patience as well. My expected yield was around 70% just to have less expectation. But if i don't even get, i will be writing some angry emails to the clinic .. Some of the cases here like Mickeydw at least give me some hopes ... I hope you and I are both what people call late bloomers .... Best of Luck .. I hope you get crazy growth in the next 2-3 months ... And so do I :)

It's definitely a waiting game & requires a lot of patience. 5 months is still very early days. Wouldn't start to worry before month 8.

Typically most of the growth occurs between months 5 & 9. You should be seeing significant growth very soon hopefully! Best of luck & keep us posted.

Edited by Dutch

I would agree with dutch , its a long road, from experience i noticed the biggest improvement came from months 7-10

Well done on keeping the forum updated , reading actual patients' experiences with photos attached are gold dust for any guys out there contemplating hair restoration, hope it all kicks off for you soon mate.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry for the slow reply. I've been away on holiday and to be honest I try not to log on as much - helps keep me my mind off of it.

Falco123,

Thanks and best of luck with your growth. Hopefully the 6-12 month mark will be good to the both of us. Sometimes looking at the results online posted by the clinics can give you unrealistic expectations about time frames - perhaps they are just the lucky few!

Are you on medication? I started rogaine today after previously being reluctant to having been on it for a number of years previously and seeing the results subside, but the clinic keeps recommending to use it, so I will give it another shot at least and see if it kick starts any growth.

Dutch / Cueball35,

Thanks for the reassurances. Been thinking about it less recently which has been positive. Was on holiday last week and the photos to say the least did not come up well - some shots it looked like I had a slick bald head under natural sunlight :(. I decided to shave my hair down to a #4 grade a couple of days back which is just easier to manage and apply the rogaine.

I will definitely keep the thread updated with monthly updates. I know how invaluable threads which are regularly updated can be - too often people just disappear without you ever seeing the end result. 6 month update pics will be posted next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, nothing to report at this stage - not seen much or any improvement for the last few months but I am staying positive that the next 4-6 months will be more positive.

I got a haircut since my last update, grade #4 a couple of weeks back, and have started using minoxidil to see if it can help kick start any growth. I was on it for quite a while a couple of years back but the results subsided in the end and I stopped. Can't see myself using this in the long term at present, but for the short term to help growth I will keep with it.

5b32e14462263_Hairline1.jpg.1b80e523590be46a4d68b340eb6555bb.jpg

5b32e144775e5_Hairline2.jpg.aa3246735fcfdfede460e683d2610152.jpg

5b32e1448e0f7_Hairline3.jpg.01d17bfc8e8150596fed9cc6a80d04e0.jpg

5b32e1449bc3d_Top1.jpg.2b76d504809ec1aa567e7b3665d27dbf.jpg

5b32e144b03eb_Top2.jpg.665ce71006506027e817b534596a1954.jpg

Donor.jpg.f7dd4cdfa1cd8f8f15e4d2b242e45fe6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

when i read your thread i realized that maybe for high NW 5-6 its really a bad idea to undergo surgery unless you implant at least 8000 grafts

this thread totally blew my confidence in FUE for nw 5-6 with a supply of 4500-5000 grafts

I think i should look back into hair systems or micro pigmentation as whats the use of having your own hair grow out but not achieving a good looking hair style

i am not discouraging you but I feel that your honest share of results should be an awareness for many other that get unrealistic results from hair clinics or patients that were just a lucky few with good results.

i hope you will have a great result in the end, but your thread is leading me into deep thinking what path shall i choose

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Hope youre ok and well done for having the courage to go ahead.. I an also from uk and looking to go for fue with dr hakan.. Whereabouts are you? And would you recommend it fir a nw5? Plz msg me direct if you would like.. Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

I have sent you a PM.

when i read your thread i realized that maybe for high NW 5-6 its really a bad idea to undergo surgery unless you implant at least 8000 grafts

this thread totally blew my confidence in FUE for nw 5-6 with a supply of 4500-5000 grafts

I think i should look back into hair systems or micro pigmentation as whats the use of having your own hair grow out but not achieving a good looking hair style

i am not discouraging you but I feel that your honest share of results should be an awareness for many other that get unrealistic results from hair clinics or patients that were just a lucky few with good results.

i hope you will have a great result in the end, but your thread is leading me into deep thinking what path shall i choose

Hi,

I would agree with this, also that perhaps large FUE sessions may not be the way to go. Unfortunately, when you're desperate to restore hair you look at the odd successful large session and think it will apply to you.

I had accepted I would need a second HT to get decent coverage but I won't be getting the 8,000 you mention above. Apparently I have 1,500 from my donor area and another 1,000 from the beard area.

I fell like I may have seen some very slight improvement in the last month but the pictures don't show this. I had a comment today from a friend who confirmed he thought it was looking better, hopefully the 8 month update will back this up.

20141011_140402.jpg.cbc2aa4a2b617164b572b0088c1dcadd.jpg

20141011_140513.jpg.b27403b143bc812b037f715e2ab30d8f.jpg

20141011_141306.jpg.07949644cc63f02bef7f9bb93c454df9.jpg

Thanks for posting, I hope it works out for you, and I would suggest experimenting with different hairstyles, such as cutting the sides very short to lessen the contrast with the top. In addition, do you have photos of your donor? I think many would be interested in seeing what the donor looks like after 5k grafts are taken out.

I think it is ok to get surgery done....but I don't think 5000 fue graft procedures have been successful. I think there was a reason that Demirsoy said to take 12 month breaks, I doubt other surgeons like Bisanga or Lorenzo would have ever done 5k grafts on consecutive days.

If you want to move a lot of grafts in one setting, FUT is the way to go.

Thanks for posting, I hope it works out for you, and I would suggest experimenting with different hairstyles, such as cutting the sides very short to lessen the contrast with the top. In addition, do you have photos of your donor? I think many would be interested in seeing what the donor looks like after 5k grafts are taken out.

I think it is ok to get surgery done....but I don't think 5000 fue graft procedures have been successful. I think there was a reason that Demirsoy said to take 12 month breaks, I doubt other surgeons like Bisanga or Lorenzo would have ever done 5k grafts on consecutive days.

If you want to move a lot of grafts in one setting, FUT is the way to go.

I had a consultation with Dr Lorenzo last year in Manchester and he would not consider such a large session and was willing to do no more than 3,000 grafts. From my results so far, i'm beginning to think a smaller FUE session may have been the way to go.

I didn't take any donor pics this month but did take one at the 6 month mark which I included in the 6 month update post. I will take it again next month.

Thanks for the suggestion on the hairstyle. I have actually just cut my hair to 4.5 on top and 2.5 on the sides a few days ago to help the contrast. The longer it grows out, the less good it looks and also allows me to apply the rogaine better.