4,500 FUE Dr Hakan Doganay 07th March 2014

BFA316

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN Response to Hotshot ( Junior Member )

Hair grows even after 5-6 months , I dunno who said that after the 5th Month , it was all over ? and only Maturization happening , Thickness continues till 18 months , and hair grows Mostly by Month 9 .

4 to 5 Month is just the start of many hair coming out from their dormant or sleep stage .

Please stop addressing wrong Information as many people get confused .

This is very good progress for 8th month. At the beginning, this guy NW6-7 was a candidate for at least 2 HT sessions, regardless the number of the grafts to be transplanted at the 1st op. Full coverage will not be possible when the end result will come about 15th month, but may be possible after 2nd session that will be done later.

BWA, keep yourself confident and much will come in the following months, and get one more session from Dr. doganay if your expectation is almost full coverage.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldnt be happy with this either, what has the clinic said?

Ive seen a few patient posted threads from this clinic who have had poor results yet the clinic presents very good results, I prefer to follow the patients progress, thanks for updating, your a credit to the forum , do you have any plans on having another procedure?

Hi Yonex,

Sorry for the slow reply. The clinic has already admitted the result is not what they would have hoped for. They have offered another surgery 'free' but there is no chance I am going back to them with the very limited donor I have left. I do have plans for another surgery to strengthen the hairline but only a small number of grafts. Not sure when I will do this, may well wait a while to see how may hairloss progresses so I make the best use of the remaining grafts I have left.

25cm2 in the frontal is not enough to give even a close definition of density if you do a search on fu per cm2 you will see its got to be mid 40s minimum.

Hi gibbsville,

Considering how poor the density is in the hairline, i'd go along with that. The hairline has been the biggest disappointment - they've lowered it without any real density.

Man, it sounds like your whole experience with this clinic has been really below par. 4500 grafts in one session (8 hrs), when it should have been over two days, smacks of the clinic trying to churn out as many patients as possible $ > patient. Judging by your experience and results so far, I think the clinic has got a lot to answer for and unless there is a dramatic improvement in the next three months, I would be seeking some sort of refund for sure. Very concerning the massive disparity between patient posted results on HRN and the results the clinic presents.

FUE2014,

I gave the clinic the benefit of the doubt beforehand thinking I will see how the results turn out. 10 months in and I am very disappointed. I could not recommend this clinic to anyone and can not argue with your comments above. Today is the first time I have voiced my disappointment to the clinic about this poor result.

Nothing to report. The result is establishing itself as poor for the number of grafts I had. The pictures are slightly misleading as I have not cut my hair on top for two months now. I have added wet hair shots for better representation

Donor.jpg.fef097d7746e385415fa454320f42f73.jpg

5b32e3b60ac9c_Hairline1.jpg.4966f6aa858f266dcf2867212a4bf11c.jpg

5b32e3b61b7cb_Hairline2.jpg.0d1bbac032015647da988622e4eb8075.jpg

5b32e3b643b3c_HairlineWet.jpg.48e1c3d8162ec5b9d72e8b898342b4d2.jpg

5b32e3b664b6e_Top1.jpg.45bc33770d1ba88a53e5908d4af6a3e9.jpg

5b32e3b6793aa_Top2.jpg.152d1ba9511cf2c63ec12944bbf34306.jpg

5b32e3b686eaa_Topwet1.jpg.4172d3439ce625d6687db1b217ce7348.jpg

5b32e3b69c046_Topwet2.jpg.fe2a693b57200ccbc0cb559e5673ee14.jpg

Hey BFA316,

Personally, I would ask for a refund at the 12 month stage if the result doesn't miraculously get any better. While 5000 grafts can't provide full coverage and high density for most Norwood 6 patients, It should give you around 40-50 fu/cm2 over the first 100 cm2. That should be enough for an esthetically pleasing result.

Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for posting the 10 month photos. It may be getting a little more dense on top, but the hairline is still a disappointment. In the end, this is not the result you should be expecting at 10 months. There are, however, several posters on this forum who have documented substantial growth after month 12. But that is the very rare exception and not the rule, and who knows what other changes in their life may have caused better growth to start so late (other illness cleared up, stress reduced, etc).

Stay positive and I hope you can get it worked out with the clinic. Even if they give you enough $ back to get the hairline done (1200-1500 grafts?) somewhere else, that may be a fair solution. I always think it is unreasonable for a clinic to think an unhappy customer should return to their hands again for re-work. This is a medical procedure not a kitchen remodel...just give them some money back and call it done with.

Not a satisfactory results for sure considering number of grafts used.

Ask for refund if possible. I feel bad for you as lots of grafts are wasted.

I am sure clinic will look into it and take appropriate action.

Are you taking Propecia?

Hi,

The clinic have responded to my 10 month update and have conceded again that the result is not what they would like and are asking me to book in again at my convenience. i have informed them that i have no intention of booking in with them again as i do not wish to entrust them with my VERY limited donor. I have asked for a refund and will update the thread with their response.

Sunnycool3,

I do not use propecia, only use minoxodil. The clinic was aware that i could not use it due to the side effects i suffered last time.

Sorry once again mate.

Yes agreed, why would you book another procedure with the same clinic. You did the right thing by asking for the refund. Let's see wht they come back with. Please notify us with their response.

I know its quiet bad when the results aren't desirable especially for the first procedure but dont give up, if they agree to refund you should plan for 2000 grafts repair procedure where focus should be on hairline. Do more research and consult some other clinic who could fix it.

Did you consider FUT as well? For advanced hairloss there are only handful of successful cases. Its not easy to get desirable results with only one FUE procedure for Norwood 5 or higher. There are exceptional surgeons like Lorenzo & Bisanga who could do the magic but the cost will be insane. If you want to stick to FUE and could afford the cost just go with one of these surgeons. Chances of success will be much higher.

Edited by SunnyCool3

chances of success are not higher with Lorenzo & Bisanga. they have their dissatisfied patients just like this one.

what makes you think he will have a better result from another clinic. if this was some no-name clinic I wud agree. its not. some ppl just don't grow hair very well in some areas of their head which is why they are bald there. sure, other areas may be bald to but that doesn't mean the hair will grow the same everywhere.

a refund is issued when mistakes were made. hair growing in one area but not another is not a mistake, its called physiology.

its an elective procedure just like FUT is. some ppl heal great from taking a chunk of flesh from the back of their head. some others aren't so lucky and need to be repaired. so does that mean they shud get a refund cause THEY didn't heal properly and have a disfiguring scar?

no different here. again, its cosmetic procedure and everyones body is different and some just don't get the desired result they expected. happens all the time with plastic surgery as well.

sorry to hear tho mus b disappointing.

Sorry once again mate.

Yes agreed, why would you book another procedure with the same clinic. You did the right thing by asking for the refund. Let's see wht they come back with. Please notify us with their response.

I know its quiet bad when the results aren't desirable especially for the first procedure but dont give up, if they agree to refund you should plan for 2000 grafts repair procedure where focus should be on hairline. Do more research and consult some other clinic who could fix it.

Did you consider FUT as well? For advanced hairloss there are only handful of successful cases. Its not easy to get desirable results with only one FUE procedure for Norwood 5 or higher. There are exceptional surgeons like Lorenzo & Bisanga who could do the magic but the cost will be insane. If you want to stick to FUE and could afford the cost just go with one of these surgeons. Chances of sucess will be much higher.

chances of success are not higher with Lorenzo & Bisanga. they have their dissatisfied patients just like this one.

what makes you think he will have a better result from another clinic. if this was some no-name clinic I wud agree. its not. some ppl just don't grow hair very well in some areas of their head which is why they are bald there. sure, other areas may be bald to but that doesn't mean the hair will grow the same everywhere.

a refund is issued when mistakes were made. hair growing in one area but not another is not a mistake, its called physiology.

its an elective procedure just like FUT is. some ppl heal great from taking a chunk of flesh from the back of their head. some others aren't so lucky and need to be repaired. so does that mean they shud get a refund cause THEY didn't heal properly and have a disfiguring scar?

no different here. again, its cosmetic procedure and everyones body is different and some just don't get the desired result they expected. happens all the time with plastic surgery as well.

Would love you to post results of unhappy Lorenzo patients....

Again BUSA rush in to defend the clinic!

BUSA please go away

Nothing to report. The result is establishing itself as poor for the number of grafts I had. The pictures are slightly misleading as I have not cut my hair on top for two months now. I have added wet hair shots for better representation

where was the op done?at aspendos or ofm?

Please can you post dissatisfied results from Lorenzo for everyone's benefit?

I understand that every doctor & his team are working hard to ensure results are satisfactory for all the patients. I also express my gratitude & appreciation whenever I see good results from any clinic. However criticism is required when the outcome isn’t desirable. Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary in this case. Clinic should take the ownership of the issue & attempt to fix it as they’ve also agreed that the results are not pleasing. Criterion to be a great HT clinic should not only be how many home runs clinics have been hitting but below average cases should be considered as well. Why couldn’t they figure out before the procedure that a person isn’t a right candidate? We can’t just blame the patient scalp’s quality & other characteristics when the results are not good.

For patients with advanced hair loss (Norwood 5 or higher), records show that FUT gives better yield. Like I said there are exceptionally talented surgeons like Dr Lorenzo who could create the magic via FUE also however cost of those procedures are very high.

Hey Buddy

Sorry to see your not satisfied with the results, having just had my HT with Dr Hakan one week ago I have read through the whole thread with interest.

From what I can can gather from reading the thread there seems to be an entire mix of opinion which had me confused at times.

I wasnt knocked out for the procedure and Dr Hakan did leave the room on a couple of occasions for comfort breaks I was aware of this and the assistants carried on which I was glad about as it kept the procedure flowing (harvested hair were not left around for too long) and made for a speedir procedure, im assuming he would only allow experienced trained staff to continue as it is his reputation at stake.

Your graph number is just over double mine and mine took just over 3.5 hours .

Up to now the clinic has been great and I had less graphs than was originally quoted & they did say on leaving that if I had any concerns after 12 months then they would happily discuss and offer a solution.

Have you seen anyone else with a similar pattern that has had same graphs and yielded better results ? From pictures its hard to tell but what in terms of a percentage do you think you have acquired, from my documentation it says 85%-95% after 12 months ?

Here hoping for a big spurt on growth for next 8 weeks and a good resolution the the clinic.

I have read these post and I am a bit alarmed firstly I was lead to believe that this Dr only does one patient a day and talk of being knocked out while Fue is going on can some one tell me what is going on I've seen results from other members and they say all went going well but this new news sounds like patients are being knocked out . And they don't know who were or what is going on on there head I would like to here more