4,500 FUE Dr Hakan Doganay 07th March 2014

BFA316

I would disagree with the above. 6 months is in many cases where the real growth starts and 9 months is where the majority of it finishes.

Check out BoomerSooner's HT site, he was at baseline at 6 months, but by 9, he was all grown out.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had only 2500 grafts with Dr. Rahal and took me 10 months to see the real results. Most likely by month 8 you should see all the grafts out without any empty areas otherwise it will be considered a failed graft like what I had with my right side. Especially if used some beard grafts as they grow in slower rate.

Also Im not a believer in mega sessions whether they are FUE or FUT sessions. Its always preferable to divde them into different surgeries and in different years as nobody knows how much blood supply you could achieve to feed the grafts. Also if it was a mega session I think its a big mistake to have them done in one day. Many top HT doc will never do more than 3000 grafts in one session especially when it comes to FUE. This is my personal opinion. This is me Im not a risk taker and never gamble with my precious grafts in a one go.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have heard back from the clinic regarding my progress and they have accepted that the results are not what they would expect for 7 months. They have already mentioned a free HT if the results are still lacking by 12 months - not exactly filling me with much confidence. They've also mentioned washing my hair 2-3 times a day which is highly impractical and surely not what should be expected to be done by the 7 month stage?

Damn .. Sorry to hear that man ... As i mentioned before I was with Dr Hakan one day after you (8th March 2014) .. For me the growth or you can say visible improvement has started since last one month especially now that I'm keeping the hair long. I'm alone these days and have nobody who can take decent pictures. But will be back on 28th so will post the 8th Month update in November ... I'm still losing my Native hair as I can't take Fin (had side effects) ... But the new hair are much more thicker and dense so they provide some good coverage .. Although I'm also not completely satisfied with the results .. There is a horizontal patch in the middle of my scalp between forehead and crown that seems like it has less coverage and thinner hair compared to the other.. but it had more hairloss before as well .. I would have hoped that they filled it better ... But still I'm hoping that next 1-2 months will give me more coverage ....

Anyways would just like to say that by the end of 6 months I was quite disappointed and then the growth kicked in .... So hang in there ... I hope you are a late bloomer . I hope it starts for you now .... Best of Luck

I would disagree with the above. 6 months is in many cases where the real growth starts and 9 months is where the majority of it finishes.

Check out BoomerSooner's HT site, he was at baseline at 6 months, but by 9, he was all grown out.

agreed! 6 months is way too early to be gauging a HT success. chit, many don't grow till 9-12 months fully. and some up to 16 months.

7 months is too early to press the panic button I hope things turn around for you.

4500 fue grafts in 8 hours are you sure that can be true that is 480 minutes which means 9.37 grafts per minute punched, extracted, recipient incision made and implanted.

That's some going, how many people in total were working on your head at one time?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

7 months is too early to press the panic button I hope things turn around for you.

4500 fue grafts in 8 hours are you sure that can be true that is 480 minutes which means 9.37 grafts per minute punched, extracted, recipient incision made and implanted.

That's some going, how many people in total were working on your head at one time?

That's correct. I was in and out of consciousness but recall atleast two people at any one time working on me.

ummmm no. ur assuming the grafts are punched, extracted and them incisions made and then implanted ONE at a time. the whole sequence is not done for each individual hair. it doesn't work like that. u shud know uve had a HT. well, u had FUT so not apples to apples.

the punches are done rapidly one after another and not necessarily extracted at that time. just as the incisions wud be made one after another and then implanted.

if the entire sequence was done for each hair then no way it cud be done in that time frame which is why its not done in that way cause its more efficient to make multiple punches one after another just as the incisions are made right after another cause ur right there and go from one slot to another.

so to say that 9.37 grafts are implanted per minute is incorrect.

No I'm sorry but 7 months is NOT too early to be pressing the panic button.

Frankly, the doctor's can't have it both ways. They can't post early results where a patient's had excellent growth in the 1st 4 or 5 months and not expect other patients to compare themselves and their procedures. By doing so, they're saying, "Hey Shmo, this could be you in 4 or 5 months time so come in for a consultation and we'll getcha hair in no time."

While I've softened my views on what I once thought was the "myth of the slow grower", from what I've seen on this very forum, it's rare for those who haven't displayed meaningful growth after 6 months to sprout Brad Pitt-like locks in months 7, 8 and 9.

Sorry but the sickly sugar-coating of feedback on patients' progress is getting more and more insidious on this forum There are way too many people trying to protect cash cows and doctors' reps instead of coming up with meaningful explanations as to why a $5,000-15,000 procedure carried out by an ostensibly highly-qualified surgeon can turn in such mickey mouse results.

BUSA and KO are right on that matter; see here what changed even after 10th month, hair maturation (hair caliber increase) mostly occurs after 9th month.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174447-4000-fue-grafts-dr-maral.html

Generally, younger men with NW1-3 hair losses are fast growers, older men with long standing complete baldness are slow growers. Why?, because, if the area is lack of functioning hair follicles for long time, blood supply to the area is diminished as time goes by, and the skin becomes thin and shiny.

Transplanted hairs over top area grows later and very slowly, we should evaluate the transplant results of this area after 18 months. And this area can almost never be closed completely, especially with one HT session, due to the whirlpool pattern of the hairs over this area and incomplete growing because of poor blood supply to this area.

Anyway, there are a lot of exceptions, as you mentioned.

The example is highly relevant to the topic we are discussing. The patient had been unhappy after 11 months, but became happy after 18th months. That's mean perfect result.

And the result has not completed one, it has been only after one HT session for NW 6 hair loss. We all know NW4-7 can only be restored with at least 2-3 HT sessions, the result may still not be full coverage at the end.

Can you show me one thread in this forum, showing the result after one HT session for NW6.? Surgery could have lasted 1 week, no matter.

• 1 month later...

At present i'm fairly disappointed with the result and hope that I get some further growth in the next 3 months but am not holding my breath. The hairline and midscalp in particular are weak.

I'm just waiting for a surgeon's representative to rock up and say, "Actually, 9 months is WAY too early to be pressing the panic button" or for a mod to say "new hairs can grow 18 months post-op".

One day, someone's gonna come out with "12 months is still early in the process".

I agree with you BFA 316, this is not a good result. Most of the transplanted hairs should at some stage have started to grow within 3-5 months. Very rare will hairs start to grow after this. Some hairs will mature, but the hairs growing after month 4 or 5, are the same hairs growing at month 12....

I wouldnt be happy with this either, what has the clinic said?

Ive seen a few patient posted threads from this clinic who have had poor results yet the clinic presents very good results, I prefer to follow the patients progress, thanks for updating, your a credit to the forum , do you have any plans on having another procedure?

Man, it sounds like your whole experience with this clinic has been really below par. 4500 grafts in one session (8 hrs), when it should have been over two days, smacks of the clinic trying to churn out as many patients as possible $ > patient. Judging by your experience and results so far, I think the clinic has got a lot to answer for and unless there is a dramatic improvement in the next three months, I would be seeking some sort of refund for sure. Very concerning the massive disparity between patient posted results on HRN and the results the clinic presents.