Bill 10 Month Update - Hair Transplant 4 with Dr. Hasson

Thanks to those who've showed interest in following the progress of my 4th hair transplant with Dr. Hasson. Sorry for the long delay in updating my patient website.

Unfortunately, my new camera (even though it takes higher resolution photos) doesn't have the same quality lense as my old one. Thus, the photos I'm presenting in this update aren't crystal clear. I will work on getting some better photos in the coming months. In the meantime, view my 10 month website journal entry to see how my hair transplant results are progressing. While I still have the appearance of thinning from the top view, I keep my hair pretty short which prevents much of the necessary layering effect to achieve the appearance of more density. That said, I'm much more confident about the way my hair looks.

All photos in this update are taken with flash. I will take some photos without flash under natural lighting in the near future.

Feel free to offer your feedback,

Bill

Bill, You came a long way man--you were almost completely bald! I agree, the shorter hairstyle doesn't help with adding coverage. I would definitely consider growing it out a bit. Who cuts your hair? You might want to grow it longer and go to a great stylist. I've run the gamut from mall stylists, to barbers, to high-end salons, and the latter absolutely give the best cuts. It costs more but is worth it, imo.

Btw, how many grafts did Dr. Hasson say you have left?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

You've definitely achieved some nice coverage enhancement. Looks like you were able to simultaneously strengthen and refine the hairline/frontal region, and the additional sprinkling in the crown provided some cosmetic benefit, too.

It's pretty impressive that you're still able to keep your hair cut that short without any profound scar detectability. It's a little more evident on your right side, but I've noticed that I tend to fixate on the way my scar appears in still shots when it otherwise would be harder to notice in the flesh. Congrats.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Bill,

Congratulations, you have come a very long way and your hair looks in great shape. There definately looks like there is more density in the hairline and the added grafts in the crown area seem to have grown in well also. Im sure that they will also continue to improve over the next few months.

I couldnt believe it when I read that your HT was 10 months ago. I would have thought that it was half that time. Maybe not so much for you though?

I also feel that your a perfect example that at times the longer road is necessary. Unfortunately not all of us can be "that guy" who managed a one or even two pass result! Im sure its been tough and felt like a long journey at times, but it all seems worthwhile! Congratulations and appreciations to all of the help that you send our way!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

It looks great Bill. Even the top down shots look good! I think you are set buddy. You can now retire from HT's. icon_smile.gif

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks for the feedback guys! It has indeed been a long journey and while at times I'd like a bit more density, I no longer feel like a bald man. Most people don't even notice the thinning and the very few people I tried to prove my hair was thinner in person argued with me about it. Now how can I argue with that? :-)

Megatron,

Thanks, but retire? Are you trying to get rid of me? :-P

Phil,

The area the scar shows through the most is the right side, and that's hardly noticeable in my opinion. So needless to say, showing a little bit of scar is a great tradeoff for the new head of hair I have - especially since I'd be completely bald without it :-)

All the Best,

Bill

Bill,

Your hair looks awesome! I bet you're thrilled; I know I would be. I was just looking at your pre hair transplant pics a few weeks ago and it's amazing the transformation that you have gone through; you look much younger. Kudos to Dr. Hasson and his team.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Amazing transformation. This is about as good as it gets, for someone with extensive hairloss and a big pool of donor hair.

Just imagine how awesome it's gonna look in 10-20 years when your peers are all NW5-7's - But you remain the way you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I gotta say Bill, your hair looks pretty damn awesome!! Most guys would kill for a head of hair like that! You have virtually no sign of hairloss.

It's also great to see no sign of your scar with a no. 4 cut.

Congratulations.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Yes Bill, hair is looking very good indeed, especially when clicking on the 'before any work' pic and the latest 10 month pic. Hairline is looking thick, crown has improved thickness noticeably, but a little less thick than the rest, but not surprising as your head as biggest at the back, as opposed to my own which is broad at the front.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Bill,

The results show a very good improvement and refinement that I trust has given you exactly what you were striving for during this procedure.

I'm actually very impressed with density so far, especially considering how short the hair is. Have you tried growing it out a bit to see what that looks like? Just curious.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog