Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain) : Request to the Network

HARIRI

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know. I was just making a general statement regarding FUE procedures.

As for the redness 6 mos post operatively, the redness can linger for almost a year depending on how light their skin is.

• 3 weeks later...

The redness in my recipient area lasted for quite some time. It was really red in the beginning, but seems to have faded greatly by now.

I just watched Dr. Lorenzo's technique. He does it fast. This may be the reason why the Choi/Lion implanter works well for him:

Great Video Sean... Lorenzo is like H&W when it comes to clear video results but in FUE. I really respect that in him. I really wish him to be recommended here as I'm really planning to FUE my crown with him after my scar revision next year. He would be my FUE long term doctor for sure. That I would promise for real. Try to consider him Sean if you are thinking to do extra hairline density FUE session. I think Spain does not only have the football and basketball world cup champions but also the world FUE champion... Viva Espana ;-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have seen videos of Dr Lorenzo in the past and I was really impressed with the fact he has so many video's uploaded which is a positive. I am also really keen to get HT via FUE and I have nominted him as probably the number 1 doctor in the world due to the fact he has so many positive results published for anyone to view.

Apart from Dr Lorenzo, who else stands out in the FUE field and why?

Thanks

Great Video Sean... Lorenzo is like H&W when it comes to clear video results but in FUE.

yeah I agree he is like H&W of FUE,I think he is the very best for FUE mega sessions,there are other great FUE docs but it appears they mostly do smaller session.but Lorenzo does mega sessions and appears very confident in what he does and results posted are just like FUT mega sessions of the best FUT docs.

I myself had strip procedures before so my next procedure is going to be another strip (unless I cannot get necessary numbers in one procedure due scalp laxity),but if it was my first HT or if I wanted FUE I'd definitely go for a FUE mega session with Lorenzo.

it would be really good if he is recommended here becuase his results and videos are really impressive.

sadly his website and videos are in Spanish only.

Aside from the opportunity to review Dr. Lorenzo's FUE work (which appears quite good), I think the multiple videos entitled, "Can you shave your head after a HT by FUE technique?" are invaluable.

They shave down numerous FUE patients who have had large procedures (as in thousands of grafts) in preparation for further FUE work. That is something you rarely see. Every one of those patients resulted in white-dot scarring, but the scarring was hard to detect, even up close. From a distance, I'd say it would be impossible to notice. Also, we are rather experienced at looking for these things, because of our shared interest in HT. For the average person, it would probably be undetectable (unless the patient made the mistake of standing too long in the sun without adequate sunblock).

Scarring will vary based on patient physiology, but it's encouraging to see numerous patients represented. Also, Dr. Lorenzo apparently strives to use 0.75mm punches as much as possible which do not seem to negatively affect yield in his case. That will result in a rather small scar. I'd venture to say that doctors who routinely use punches which are 0.9mm or larger may not enjoy the same degree of scar undetectability. Like Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Lorenzo also appears to use intelligent FUE extraction patterns which are nicely spread out. This also reduces the appearance of scarring; noticeable hairless regions; and, larger, more diffuse patterns.

Jotronic has brought the services of a temporary SMP practitioner to the attention of the community. Her name is Milena Lardi. She's part of a Milan-based company called Beauty Medical, srl (you can find the company with a google search). Her work looks very natural from what I can tell by the site. The procedure lasts up to 18 months before a touch-up is needed. I have no idea about price. If I encountered major problems with FUE scarring (which doesn't seem to be the case with Dr. Lorenzo's patients) and wanted to keep a buzz-cut, I'd probably go that route, because it's only temporary. If the SMP artist messes up or you get tired of it, it's not forever. The downside is the frequency and expense of touch-ups, but that's the price you gotta pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on if Dr. Lorenzo is interested in becoming part of the coalition on this site? Jotronic did say he wasn't interested in too many foreign patients for now but I hope that changes, his work looks stellar. Dense packing(can do 80 grafts per cm squared) with nice hairline designs. I like that his website has results for NW categories too. The language barrier may be a turn off for some though, not sure if he speaks English?

Not to minimize at all the terrific FUE work being done by Dr. Lorenzo, but keep in mind that quite a few of Dr. Lorenzo's videos show results of two staggered FUE sessions, separated by 6-12 months. Nevertheless, he does seem to achieve consistently good to great results with large session FUE, and as others have noted, he is a maestro with that implanter pen, and his techs are amazingly fast at loading the things up with grafts. From a personal aesthetic, I'd like to see a bit more irregularity in some of his hairlines. But I am with others here: I am keen to see whether he responds positively to Bill's approach about possible recommendation and membership.

Mickey,

Thanks for your interest in considering Dr. Lorenzo for potential recommendation. I did hear back from Dr. Lorenzo and he did express interest in being considered. Thus, I've invited him to begin presenting examples of his recent results on our discussion forum for public review. I also plan on speaking with him in order to learn more about his practice, technique and hair transplant philosophy in the coming weeks.

I will keep everyone posted in time on potentially recommending him on our popular community.

Thanks again to all for helping to keep this community thrive and recommend credible hair transplant surgeons.

Best wishes,

Bill

i find the video disturbing , ive never seen grafts handled with as much ` blunt force` , i wonder who benefits from the speed element of the implanter pen the patient ? or the Dr who can do more grafts in one sitting

defo not for me

regards

ej

i find the video disturbing , ive never seen grafts handled with as much ` blunt force` , i wonder who benefits from the speed element of the implanter pen the patient ? or the Dr who can do more grafts in one sitting

defo not for me

regards

ej

Interesting observation actually. I like the fact that he does most of the work himself but what you say also does hold merit.

defo not for me

regards

ej

EJ, I know you are more into Dr. Bisanga's standard manual work especially for being a patient with him but I don't think he could do everything on his own from implanting to incisions etc. . About the FUE tool, well take Dr. Feller for example, he is so good with his tool that he produces very high quality results but other US clinics prefer using safe system such as Shapiro and Rahal. Dr. Feriduni used the feller punch before but didnt get good results which made him ends up with the standard manual tool. Bottom line is that the tool isn't the success factor. its how good that surgeon is in using it. I know that the implanter pen doesn't have good reputation in the industry because most of surgeons using it sucks but in Dr. Lorenzo's hand. Its another story and still remains manual. I don't think there is any FUE doctor comes close to Dr. Lorenzo in terms of results and the clear way of presenting them with over 190 HD videos and no flash at all.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Looks like he packs dense. Has anyone here had a procedure with him? Wonder how conservative/aggressive he is in terms of hairline placement, temple points, grafts per cm2 etc?

the big difference is that the Drs mentioned use either manual or automatic `extraction` devices , none use any tools to implant ! graft handling is critical to a procedure , that implanter pen literally ` rams a graft home ` and the speed of which it takes place !! beyond me how anyone could possibly gauge , depth , angle , in that split second .. ` bam its in `

ej

Edited by ej

• 2 weeks later...
Mickey,

Thanks for your interest in considering Dr. Lorenzo for potential recommendation. I did hear back from Dr. Lorenzo and he did express interest in being considered. Thus, I've invited him to begin presenting examples of his recent results on our discussion forum for public review. I also plan on speaking with him in order to learn more about his practice, technique and hair transplant philosophy in the coming weeks.

I will keep everyone posted in time on potentially recommending him on our popular community.

Thanks again to all for helping to keep this community thrive and recommend credible hair transplant surgeons.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill,

Was Dr Lorenzo adamant about becoming part of the coalition on this site and accepting international patients? I was told they don't currently have the infrastructure to accept international patients due to their long waiting list. I hope that does change however.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill...Its already one month since your last post. Any updates? Has he responded to your invitation?

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Bill...Its already one month since your last post. Any updates? Has he responded to your invitation?

Hariri, I can't speak on Bill's behalf but just recently(circa one week ago), Dr. Lorenzo told me he will be showcasing his work soon but time is a factor. I'm guessing he wanted to present all his work personally and since he is active in his surgeries 100% of the time(extractions, implanting, incisions etc), he doesn't have much free time at the moment.

Bill, Thats really great news. Im a big fan of his FUE work, thanks to Jotronic for bringing him to my attention. I promise you this, If he is recommended here I would pick him for a future FUE session after my scar revision next year :-)

My Hair Treatments: