Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain) : Request to the Network

HARIRI

That's great news!

I emailed Dr Lorenzo well over a week ago detailing my hairloss situation including photos but unfortunately did not receive a response. I guess I shall try again!

You will get a reply, trust me. He replies to all his emails personally, sometimes he only has time on weekends. There have been times where I sent him an email late Sunday and often thought "ok maybe he doesn't want to do my case" only to get an email back on a Saturday. He often works more than 12 hours a day like Dr. Rahal or Hasson and Wong. The fact that it is exclusively FUE means he is there doing all the extractions and he also does all the incisions and implanting. Give it another week, I'm sure he will reply. He has been an absolute saint and gentleman in our conversations.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get a reply, trust me. He replies to all his emails personally, sometimes he only has time on weekends. There have been times where I sent him an email late Sunday and often thought "ok maybe he doesn't want to do my case" only to get an email back on a Saturday. He often works more than 12 hours a day like Dr. Rahal or Hasson and Wong. The fact that it is exclusively FUE means he is there doing all the extractions and he also does all the incisions and implanting. Give it another week, I'm sure he will reply. He has been an absolute saint and gentleman in our conversations.

Thanks for your reply mate. I'll wait until the end of next weekend and see if I get a response.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply mate. I'll wait until the end of next weekend and see if I get a response.

Cheers!

No worries. Let us know what he says. I'm waiting on a reply from him also.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey mate

Did you get a reply? I didn't get a reply after 3-4 weeks so I re-emailed him about 4 days ago, but still nothing. I am pretty keen to book in surgery with him next year!

Hey there. Nah no reply. If you check his Youtube videos you can see when he was last online, that is usually a good indicator. It says he was last online August 25th. I'm also waiting for him.

I just received an email from him too! Hard to say if his fue yield matches other clinics strip yield but i thibk it would br a negiligible difference. Surely one of the best yielding fue doctors around.

In my opinion, FUE will never yield as good as Strip even in the hands of the best FUE doctor. But FUE will Dr. Lorenzo will get the closest result as strip somehow.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Well you guys are lucky!

I've emailed Dr Lorenzo twice now with no reply :(

It sucks, because I am really interested in booking in a procedure with him next year.

Where are you located? As I understand it, Dr. Lorenzo runs a very small practice and currently focuses on patients in Spain.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm located in Australia.

Is anyone aware if Dr Lorenzo takes any foreign patients at all?

He does take foreign patients. I'm not sure where the notion of him not accepting international patients came from but it certainly is not true. Monday-Friday he is full with procedures, he answers emails mostly on weekends, sometimes the following weekend.

He does take foreign patients. I'm not sure where the notion of him not accepting international patients came from but it certainly is not true. Monday-Friday he is full with procedures, he answers emails mostly on weekends, sometimes the following weekend.

Thanks mate. Perhaps I should try giving their practice a call rather than send an email.

Thanks mate. Perhaps I should try giving their practice a call rather than send an email.

Give it a shot champ, chances are slim that you would get to speak to Lorenzo personally but even if you speak to a secretary and he could call you back or set up a time to speak etc. He speaks fluent English although I'm not sure about his staff. Definitely one of the BEST FUE doctors in the world without a doubt.

Give it a shot champ, chances are slim that you would get to speak to Lorenzo personally but even if you speak to a secretary and he could call you back or set up a time to speak etc. He speaks fluent English although I'm not sure about his staff. Definitely one of the BEST FUE doctors in the world without a doubt. Video cannot hide as much as photos can and they are very extensive as the comb throughout the whole head, splitting sections, showing the density between the parts etc, wet hair etc. I found a video on Youtube which goes through Lorenzo's many extraction techniques using the two forceps. These techniques are probably why his yield is so high as it would almost eliminate all damage done whilst taking the graft out. Not sure how he manages to take out grafts perfectly with a .75 and .8mm punch but he seems to have mastered it.

I've heard multiple times that his clinic is so busy, he focuses on local patients and isn't sure how he would handle the volume of a lot of foreign patients.

Have you heard otherwise?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have heard othrwise. Ill be having a procedure with Lorenzo next year and i am a foreign patient :) ive been talking to him via email and he agreed to do my case. Is very busy though.

Great! Glad to hear he is seeing foreign patients. Good luck with the procedure. I hope you'll keep us updated.

No worries. I actually look forward to meeting him as he seems very personable and passionate abouthis work . No date has been set yet but probably march or april next year.

No worries. I actually look forward to meeting him as he seems very personable and passionate abouthis work . No date has been set yet but probably march or april next year.

He definitely seems passionate and dedicated.

Blake,

I'm not sure if you saw my post, but Dr. Lorenzo has expressed interested in being considered for recommendation by our community and thus, while he does focus most of his attention on local patients, I believe he is open to others.

All,

Dr. Lorenzo has recently expressed that he's been very busy and not sure if and when he'll have a chance to pursue recommendation however, the invitation to him is still there if and when he is ready to proceed.

Best wishes,

Bill

Blake,

I'm not sure if you saw my post, but Dr. Lorenzo has expressed interested in being considered for recommendation by our community and thus, while he does focus most of his attention on local patients, I believe he is open to others.

Hi Bill,

Yup! I've been following the recommendation situation for some time now. I think I mistook his strong focus on local patients for a total restriction to local patients (which clearly isn't the case).

Blake,

All,

Dr. Lorenzo has recently expressed that he's been very busy and not sure if and when he'll have a chance to pursue recommendation however, the invitation to him is still there if and when he is ready to proceed.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ahhh Dr. Lorenzo did tell me he planned on presenting on this forum but free time was a factor. I would think he is one of the go-to guys for hair transplantation in Spain so there would be no shortage of clientele.