Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain) : Request to the Network

HARIRI

Dr. Shapiro $6 per graft.

I'd like to make a correction to above pricing of SMG's FUE -

Our current FUE price is $7 per graft while beard and body hairs are $8 per grafts.

Thanks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Janna, So price went up a bit. Hey, I never knew you do BHT. Do you have any SMG results of Beard hair into scar or into scalp? Have you ever posted any in this forum or other? Thank you again.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I just called them personally this morning. Here are the prices..

FUE: Euro 6 (first 1000 grafts) Euro 4 (after 2000 grafts to 3000 grafts) Euro 2.5 (From 3000 grafts and above)

The good thing is that Dr. Lorenzo rate for BHT (Beard hair) is same rate of normal FUE. He agrees to do BHT only for filling up scars always and sometimes crowns (if donor area is depleted).

Hope this answers all the inquiries.

good to know Hariri,

also apparently the discounted price stays same toward next surgeries.

for example if someone does a session of 3000 grafts he will be charged Euro 6 for first 1000s and Euro 4 for the next 2000s.

if he later decides for a second surgery he will be charged only Euro 2,5 for whatever number of grafts.that's fantastic imo.

how great it would be if some other top clinics follow this price plan.(keeping discounted rate for next surgeries).

for example I am awaiting my 3RD FUT procedure,I need at least 3000-3500 and one of my biggest concerns is what if my strip donor doesnt allow 3000 and I only get 2500 grafts,a later 1000 grafts session will be too expensive.(not to mention all the other hassles,travel,down time etc).

Edited by alix

good to know Hariri,

also apparently the discounted price stays same toward next surgeries.

for example if someone does a session of 3000 grafts he will be charged Euro 6 for first 1000s and Euro 4 for the next 2000s.

if he later decides for a second surgery he will be charged only Euro 2,5 for whatever number of grafts.that's fantastic imo.

how great it would be if some other top clinics follow this price plan.(keeping discounted rate for next surgeries).

for example I am awaiting my 3RD FUT procedure,I need at least 3000-3500 and one of my biggest concerns is what if my strip donor doesnt allow 3000 and I only get 2500 grafts,a later 1000 grafts session will be too expensive.(not to mention all the other hassles,travel,down time etc).

Really? I never knew that. Did you get this information from them personally? I thought its a one time offer only just like every clinic, if thats the case then its really great. I would definitely consider him for FUE after my scar revision. Can you confirm this again Alix? :cool:

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I've seen his videos in his youtube channel. Although my knowledge is very little I thought he's way to rough with the grafts and the recipient area, but he does come up with very good results.

I noticed that some of his patients who come back for more fue and shave their head to be prepared that the recipient area is still red even after 10 months ! not sure why is that .

interesting contribution Naser, cool we both have the same first name. Yeah i guess its because of using the choi implanter. Most top docs these days from shapiro to bisanga to feller are using manual tools.

My Hair Treatments:

some of his videos are absolutely phenomenal and his documentation is excellent.

I was planning to fly to Canada for a HT but sunny spain is starting to seem much more appealing. Do we have any spanish members who can confirm the pricing regime? etc

Silemani, The rates posted are 100% confirmed. Just bare in mind that Dr. Lorenzo ONLY practices FUE. He doesnt do any strips (FUT').If you try to call their clinic, they do have staff that speak very well English.

My Hair Treatments:

Really? I never knew that. Did you get this information from them personally? I thought its a one time offer only just like every clinic, if thats the case then its really great. I would definitely consider him for FUE after my scar revision. Can you confirm this again Alix? :cool:

this was mentioned by one of his patients in his youtube video comment.that I watched..

I'm not sure posting a youtube link is allowed here?but here is the video:

(outside video removed)

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed outside video.

interesting contribution Naser, cool we both have the same first name. Yeah i guess its because of using the choi implanter. Most top docs these days from shapiro to bisanga to feller are using manual tools.

I am not sure if this " choi implanter " leaves scars in the recipient area ? like pits. of course this will be a problem if someone wanted to shave his head.

• 1 month later...
Assuming that Dr. Lorenzo's clinic meets the requisite standards for recommendation, I would vote a definite "Yes" based on his numerous impressive videotaped results.

I agree PupDaddy, he'll get a yes from me too.

The results looks marvelous. The only thing I don't understand is, does he really use a Choi implanter as someone mentioned? I thought that that dried out grafts and was frowned upon. Or maybe he is the exception to the rule.

Excately, most of the well known HT doctors and representatives I have spoken to said that Choi Implanter is really risky and there is a big possibility to damage grafts while using it. However Dr. Lorenzo should be ab exception to the rule. He is the only excellent doctor who knows very well how to use it. Just like Dr. Feller who seems to know how to use his own Feller punch tool perfectly while most of the recommended doctors prefers Jamis Harris SAFE system as a motorized FUE tool.

My Hair Treatments:

We've tested the choi implanter many years ago and we did not like it. So when I heard Dr. Lorenzo uses the choi implanter, I had a preconceived idea that he was using an inferior technique.

When I visited Dr. Lorenzo and saw him use the implanter for myself, my mind changed on the use of it. For his technique, it makes sense to use it. He has one or two technicians load the implanter very efficiently and carefully, then he'll pick up the loaded implanter almost as fast as it's set down to make the incision and plant at the same time. The loaded grafts are not sitting around drying out and did not see at any point that the grafts endure any injury. In fact, the grafts may end up with less trauma than the traditional way of planting if the planters are not experienced and skilled. The benefit of having skilled planters is that you can have more than one planting at a time. Dr. Lorenzo does every thing except for loading the implanters.

Dr. Lorenzo's protocol is to extract 500 grafts at a time. They are sorted accordingly by his assistant while he extracts. Once he's done extracting the set amount then he plants the grafts so that they are not sitting out of the body longer than necessary. He and his collegue work very hard starting early in the morning till very late at night sometimes. I have to say I was very impressed by their dedication and desire to perfect their craft.

Thanks for everyone's input on this topic. I did just reach out to Dr. Lorenzo today via email and invited him to begin presenting examples of his work on this forum, which I agree looks good in consideration for potential recommendation.

Does anyone happen to know if there is an English version of his website somewhere? My Spanish is a little rusty :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Janna for the interesting information you have shared with us...

Mr. Bill, the easiest way to translate Dr. Lorenzo's website (Injertocapilar) is by downloading Google Chrome and use it to open his URL. Google Chrome will automatically offers you to translate the content. The translation is perfect as this is the way how I understood his techniques and results. Try it and you will be amazed. I love Google Chrome.

My Hair Treatments:

I think you're confused by the fact that the video shows 2 pre-ops: 1) before his first procedure and then, 2) six months later, before a second procedure. His recipient area shown prior to his first procedure (0:01 - 0:24) appears virgin. Six months later, he is again shaved for a second procedure (2:19 - 3:10), for the sides and crown, and the recipient area from his first procedure is shaved down as well. That area is still somewhat red because it was transplanted with 3,100 grafts six months prior.

The point of this video appears to be a demonstration that this patient, at least, could shave his head after having 3,100 grafts harvested from the donor area by FUE without the punctate scars being visible to the naked eye.

That's how I interpret the video, anyway.

Many people opt for an FUE as opposed to a strip procedure because they believe that FUE is scarless. The fact is that it produces a different kind of scar - little white round dots. With FUE you can shave closer to a #1 or #2 guard but you shouldn't expect to shave to a zero guard post operatively.