Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain) : Request to the Network

HARIRI

Im just suggesting to Bill to think about inviting Dr. Jose Lorenzo to the network. He is well known of his outstanding FUE results. We are really in need of some International FUE doctors as this HT method is getting really popular. I'm aware that Bisanga didn't respond to the invitation before and Dr. Keser didn't follow the standards of being recommended so he remained a potential only.

I'm thinking how about Dr. Jose Lorenzo, he has loads of documented FUE results and many top docs recommend him when it comes to FUE procedure. I wish he would be considered one day at least a potential recommendation. We do trust the network very well in the way of recommending doctors and it matters whether if he is in the list or not.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hariri,

If Dr. Lorenzo is interested in potential recommendation, he needs to contact Bill and begin the preliminary review process. After some examples of his work are reviewed, his surgical methods discussed, and any lingering questions answered, the review process would progress to sharing cases on the forums and eventually garnering the community's input.

However, in order to consider recommendation, someone from his clinic would need to contact Bill first. Having said that, I couldn't find a direct website online (though his "buzz" seemed positive and he did present some interesting information at a past ISHRS conference), so I'm not sure how one would even really begin the process.

Additionally, what do you mean by "international FUE surgeons?" Frankly, I do think we recommend several physicians performing excellent FUE work in various locales (Canada, Spain, Belgium, India, Thailand, etc).

Finally, I'm not certain what you mean by "we do not trust the network very well in the way of recommending doctors." I apologize if I misinterpreted the statement, but it sounds like you don't "trust" our very transparent recommendation process? If this is true, why would you feel the need to suggest potential recommendation for Dr. Lorenzo??

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

FUTURE HT DOC...

Thanks for the reply. I think you made a mistake here. I said "We do trust the network very well in the way of recommending doctors and it matters whether if he is in the list or not.". Please read again.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hey Guys,

I apologize for reading that wrong! I was in the process of merging the two threads and moving the new topic into the "Surgeon Reviews" section, and I must have read through too quickly.

Thank you for the support!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

FYI,

I've asked Bill and David to review this thread and see what they think. I'll make sure to keep everyone as updated as possible!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Thanks Blake. I do personally believe that Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Bisanga are the top FUE surgeons in Europe. Especially Dr. Jose Lorenzo, he has loads of pure FUE work on you tube and his clinic (Injerto Capilar) website. Check it out. I knew about him from my Spanish HT mate Jose Carlos at the Foxbar guesthouse last year, we both had HT with Rahal. He lives in Madrid and showed me loads of FUE before and after photos. I was speechless really.

My Hair Treatments:

Dr. Laurenzo does look to have some really nice results. I like how he posts mostly videos instead of before and after pics from a mile away.

Anyone interested in translating his webpage can use Yahoo's babel fish page. All you do is insert the URL and choose the language translation and there you go.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Or you can download Google Chrome and it will translate the page automatically. Yes RC West, Dr. Lorenzo follows the same documentation of H&W, Videos instead of Pics. Its more real and impressive in my opinion.

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri,

Thanks for suggesting that we consider Dr. Lorenzo for recommendation. I am familiar with his name however, I haven't seen too much of his work. Feel free to PM me with any information you have about him and I'll be happy to contact him and let him know that a few members of our community has expressed interest in him and that I'd like to learn more about him and see if he might be interested in being considered for potential recommendation.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Bill

Bill,

This is how you contact him

(Links removed by moderator)

Here are the results videos... Just click on the link.

NW 1-2

NW 3-4

NW 5-6-7

FEMALES

TECHNICAL VIDEOS

OTHER VIDEOS (#7 is interview with Dr. Lorenzo)

You can use Google chrome to help you translate his website into English language.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

My Hair Treatments:

Thanks for that tip, Hariri! That Google Chrome seems to be the hot ticket.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks for this post Hariri,I've just browsed through Dr. Lorenzo's result videos and these are some of the best FUE results I've ever seen,impressive and effective results.based on these results he is definitely one of the very best FUE surgeons in the whole world.I'd say better than Bisanga.

someone mentioned he is not interested in foreign (non Spanish) patients,can't be true??

Edited by alix

Hariri,

I have emailed Bill all the links in your reply before removing them. They cannot be added to the thread because they violate our terms of service.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Taking-the-plunge. Its alright as long Bill received them for a clearer picture.

alix, You are right, he is a great FUE surgeon but he cant do Body hair transplant like Bisanga does unfortunately, for example like using Beard hair. But he is definitely better when it comes normal scalp hair FUE. I have never seen a FUE doctor who has this much FUE results documentation (Especially clear Video). Its Quite impressive.

My Hair Treatments:

alix, You are right, he is a great FUE surgeon but he cant do Body hair transplant like Bisanga does unfortunately, for example like using Beard hair. But he is definitely better when it comes normal scalp hair FUE. I have never seen a FUE doctor who has this much FUE results documentation (Especially clear Video). Its Quite impressive.

Hariri,

I'm sure BHT was mentioned on their website,so he is more likely to do BHT when necessary?but you are probably right for BHT Bisanga and Umar are the leaders.

also in the website it is stated that they have matched the price of FUE with FUT.this is the first time I heard such thing.

apparently he does Strip as well but based on how they described each method's pros and cons it's clear that he is not a fan of FUT and prefers FUE.

if I didn't have a strip scar already,I would become a FUE fan and this doctor would be among my very top choices.

do you have any idea about his prices?

Edited by alix

the video on the website is interesting , inparticular the one showing the implanter pens being ` loaded ` and then used to ` place ` the graft in the pre made slit

ej

Alex, I agree with you. Me either I would do FUE with him if I wasnt cut by the knife before, FUE is superior when its performed by a good doctor. Its a technique that will replace FUT one day hopefully. I believe every clinic that does not know how to perform this method will do one day. Its a purely surgeon's talent, it needs stamina and individual performance. About Dr. Lorenzo, I guess he charges EURO6 per graft if I'm not mistaken.

My Hair Treatments:

yes I generaly agree,but cost is also very important factor in bigger procedures,if he charges 6 Euros per FUE graft and thats a fixed price,then a 4000 grafts procedure will cost around 24,000 Euros (approx $ 31,000 USD,which is way too expensive.you can get 4000 grafts by the best FUT docs like Rahal or H&W for around 13500/14000 USD (10,000 Euros).

but they mentioned on their website that they have matched their FUE price with FUT so I thought it's gonna be a lot cheaper than Euro 6 per graft..

I asked one of my Spanish mates in Madrid. He told me Its Euro 6 for the first 1000 grafts, then Euro 4 after that. Alix, you cant really compare FUT with FUE price wise. FUE for sure is more expensive. I find his price is quite normal, Dr. Bisanga charges Euro 5 per graft, Dr. Rahal $8 per graft, Dr. Feller $10 per graft, Dr. Bauman $15 per graft, Dr. Umar $7 per graft and Dr. Shapiro $6 per graft. So Dr. Lorenzo rate is only $8 per graft up to 1000 grafts then goes down to $5.5 per graft. Fair enough. Isnt it?

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

I just called them personally this morning. Here are the prices..

FUE: Euro 6 (first 1000 grafts) Euro 4 (after 2000 grafts to 3000 grafts) Euro 2.5 (From 3000 grafts and above)

The good thing is that Dr. Lorenzo rate for BHT (Beard hair) is same rate of normal FUE. He agrees to do BHT only for filling up scars always and sometimes crowns (if donor area is depleted).

Hope this answers all the inquiries.

My Hair Treatments: