Dr. Hasson/9168 Grafts/One Session/One Day Post-Op

The stapled scar on the Italian patient appears to be too high and will most likely become visible as the patient ages and his sides and back thin out.

It always makes me laugh when people make up a new alias on here because they're too scared to say what they want to say under their usual name. There's nothing wrong with questioning something but just grow some and save your self the time of making new accounts and if you're just jealous then try just being happy for someone else there's no need to let baldness get you down to the point you become a hater.

In reply to your comment i think H&W who have done thousands of life changing ht's know a bit more about donor areas than a fake poster! Sorry but it's true.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always makes me laugh when people make up a new alias on here because they're too scared to say what they want to say under their usual name. There's nothing wrong with questioning something but just grow some and save your self the time of making new accounts and if you're just jealous then try just being happy for someone else there's no need to let baldness get you down to the point you become a hater.

In reply to your comment i think H&W who have done thousands of life changing ht's know a bit more about donor areas than a fake poster! Sorry but it's true.

Agree.......H&W know what they are doing.........although everyone has an opinion, the real experts here are the top surgeons.......I think that point is frequently lost in the forums.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Bonker I totally agree with you. Since the beginning of mankind people have been envious and jealous of others. When you are considered one of top in any industry there are always competitors that want to bring you down. Rather than understand what they have to do to become better they try to find excuses to try to explain why they arent the best.

This one time poster has some sort of agenda. Whenever a one time poster overlooks anything positive to make a negative comment that he has no experience in it does look fishy. Anyways posters on this forum are amongst the most knowledgable and intelligence to see this and dont need me to point this out.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 months later...

Does the italian guy have a blog or journal so that i can follow his progress! I really wanna see that~ and hats off to dr hasson, That is such a clean flawless surgery, and the angle of the scar being high on the sides and steep going way down in the back, seems like it would lend itself to easy camouflaging due to its vertical nature not distorting the angle of the hair as much. DOes that sound kinda right?

So if somebody has a good donor to provide around 9000 graft, does that mean he can have a full head of hair even if he was nw6 ?

Im kinda confused here maybe im wrong but i was under the thought that the average donor supply for most ppl is 7 to 9k , then why ppl always say that (even most doctors) if you are nw6 or nw7 you are not a candidate for HTs and there is nothing you can do but wait ?

• 2 weeks later...

Gandolf,

I will try and get some sort of update. He'll be coming up on four months soon.

So if somebody has a good donor to provide around 9000 graft, does that mean he can have a full head of hair even if he was nw6 ?

Im kinda confused here maybe im wrong but i was under the thought that the average donor supply for most ppl is 7 to 9k , then why ppl always say that (even most doctors) if you are nw6 or nw7 you are not a candidate for HTs and there is nothing you can do but wait ?

This is a good question. Indeed, most patients have no more than 9000 grafts in their donor bank over several procedures. Those patients that have much higher numbers available in one procedure have relatively higher TOTAL grafts in the donor bank. This patient has plenty more if he wants it and while he cannot have a true full head of hair (original density front to back) he can get high density in the front with moderate density in the back making the appearance of a full head of hair much easier to accomplish with fewer restrictions on hair styles. Patients like this are truly blessed.

Why a lot of people (and doctors) say that NW6 and NW7 patients are not candidates is because of several reasons. One of which may be because of expectations. I see a lot of NW6 and NW7 patients that expect a full head of hair with a low hairline and high density throughout. This automatically eliminates candidacy for these patients unless their expectations can be brought in line with reality and that takes education on our part. On the other end of the equation some doctors may not think that a cosmetically acceptable result is possible and in their hands it might not be so they'll simply say that high Norwoods are not candidates by default.

There are of course so many other possibilities but that is the subject of another post.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Joe,

THanks as always for the informative reply.

I really like your website (Hair transplant mentor). Do you have any new pictures from your last HT? I believe your final update showed you with shortish hair, rather than your usual fully grown out look. Apologies if I am mistaken.

THanks

Davis91,

I keep meaning to update, I've just been really busy. I'll make an effort this week.

Regarding this patient, he said he's starting to see growth and will send us pictures around the five or six month mark.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 8 months later...

I talked to Joe in Italy. He has some good pictures and videos on this patient. I look forward to seeing them in the near future.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• 1 month later...

I'm really really really really interested in seeing the progress photos on this particular case! Great job though, it looks great.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

So I was able to take photos of this patient during our trip to Europe in mid-March. To recap, 9168 grafts were spread over his entire scalp where we rebuilt the hairline, thickened the mid-scalp and gave coverage to his crown. The patient is a fairly big guy and his head is larger than average. I have HD video that I shot as well but that will have to be added at a later date.

34024_8af4cb_5a2b86.jpg

34029_ca0407_53f011.jpg

34033_d19a9c_d8c187.jpg

34038_139291_4a8250.jpg

34044_f23a43_9e2e1e.jpg

34050_589176_cb515d.jpg

34054_3c6d9a_dafe6c.jpg

do Italians usually have higher density than average?

I don't think they do. Although my understanding is that the Spanish patients do. Italians have so many different looks and characteristics. The southern Italian usually are darker because they have a lot of influence from different cultures that once inhabited it. The Northern Italians are usually a lot lighter so all the hair characteristic are all different. I have seem then with amazing density and also lower than average density.

What a different over the last 10 years that I assist them. Before most of them were coming to get repaired compared to now where a lot of them are coming for there first transplant.

I agree this patients does have a huge head. Great result.

Joe thanks for the update great result!

Question for you as I saw you alluded to this in your post:

How much does head size affect a transplant? What is considered small? Average? large?

I wear a size 7 hat, so would my head be considered small? How would that affect a HT going forward?

This is a good result, but given that the patient had thick, coarse hair and 9.5k grafts were implanted, along with the native hair and temple points not closed, shouldn't there be more coverage especially on the crown? Was there loss of native hair/result of larger head size or am I just unrealistic?

This is a good result, but given that the patient had thick, coarse hair and 9.5k grafts were implanted, along with the native hair and temple points not closed, shouldn't there be more coverage especially on the crown? Was there loss of native hair/result of larger head size or am I just unrealistic?

It looks like he didn't have many 3s and 4s:

1's - 2154

2's - 6135

3/4's - 879

Possibly why it isn't as thick as you might expect. Still great though

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day