Dr. Hasson/9168 Grafts/One Session/One Day Post-Op

I helped this gentlemen great guy. One of the advantages he had was that he had a huge donor but a disadvantage is since he has a big head the area being transplanted was huge. I am not sure if you can call his hair course and thick. I really don't remember but I recall that he was average from what I recall.

As Joe stated at the bottom of his page Hasson & Wong NEVER use flash photography to improve our results. Other clinics do therefore the after pictures without flash the person always looks better in person compared to the opposite when using a flash. One give away of using a flash is in some cases you will see a shadow.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks great. The crown is known as the 'black hole' for grafts but it still turned out stellar considering his crown was basically empty. Honest photos too.

Cant'Decide

Very nice Joe. Even his crown looks pretty solid. How many sq cm were covered in total?

I have not idea but a lot!

Tacolinowest

Look foward to seeig this video joe,, do Italians usually have higher density than average?

As Lorenzo said, it's a big mix but in general I think that the average Italian has no better density than anyone else.

Sadbuttrue

great result, howlong did this surgery last, great job by doc and staff

About 15 to 16 hours including breaks.

Hdude46,

How much does head size affect a transplant? What is considered small? Average? large?

I wear a size 7 hat, so would my head be considered small? How would that affect a HT going forward?

Head size does matter as laxity and density do not scale relative to the head size, or at least, not completely. If you have a smaller head but still have good laxity and good density you can get better coverage and density. A size 7 hat would be a bit on the small size but not unusually so.

KO,

This is a good result, but given that the patient had thick, coarse hair and 9.5k grafts were implanted, along with the native hair and temple points not closed, shouldn't there be more coverage especially on the crown? Was there loss of native hair/result of larger head size or am I just unrealistic?

Consider this; first, read my point about head size. That is why I mentioned it to begin with because I knew there would be at least one person that would bring up the number of grafts and the quality of the coverage;) Second, he did not get 9500 grafts, he got 9168 and while his temples were not closed his temple points were brought forward with roughly 1500 grafts (750 per side). That takes the number for the hairline, the top and the crown down to the 7500 graft region. All things considered, this is not a good result, this is a stellar result. He's also coming back, hopefully this year, to get the crown polished off with another 2500 to 3000 grafts and then he'll be done. His laxity is crazy good and at this point he's got at least another 6000 grafts in the bank, if not more. When we saw him in Rome his donor was as if nothing had been done. Same laxity as before.

Thanks all for your comments. I have more results from our trip to come!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wow!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 4 months later...

Joe did you upload video for this? And have you any more up to date photos this case is very interesting.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk