Newhairplease is now done!!! Heres my write up!

Okay, so I know a lot of you have been waiting on this almost as long as I have:) Anyway, I got to the center this morning around 6:45...met with Dr Rahal and we finalized the game plan...then I went to see Mike, Ill bet he took 50 photos...I don't have any to upload right now but I will..So Dr. Rahal came in to numb me up..remember we were shooting for 4000 grafts..the shots in the donor were a little uncomfortable, not nearly as bad as the shots in the forehead though! Ha

So Dr Rahal probably took about 2 hours to remove the strip..I had one old small scar from 50 micros and the one big one from 500 micros.." HE WAS ABLE TO COMBINE THE TWO TO FORM ONLY ONE SCAR!!! So anyway, he gets the strip out and then he starts making his incisions...like Capelli said, this is were his artistry comes in to play...That probably took another 2 hours...all in all I was there from about 7 AM to 6 PM..so 11 hours..long day! He said my laxity was excellent and that there was no tension on the closure..he said it was gonna be a good scar! So then the planting began...and heres the big news 4808 total grafts!!!

4808 grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

Can you believe he got that many grafts?? And the better news, he said I have another 3000-4000 should I need anymore...

Anyway, the surgery went great, there were periods of discomfort, But Dr Rahal quickly addressed the discomfort!! Im definitely tender in the donor area, but I guess that is to be expected!! I will certainly post some pictures in a day or two...also, he did remove some of the minis I had in my crown for a more natural look---which was a huge concern of mine!!!

Thans to Dr Rahal and all the staff that worked so hard and so well form me!! I really appreciate it!! Also, thanks to all you guys for your support and keeping up with me as well!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Also between the 7AM-6PM finish were you able to get up a few times,

restroom breaks, snack break, stretch breaks?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I've been waiting on this as long as you have! Originally I believe he was hesitant about even 4000, and here you are with 4808!!! This is outstanding my friend! Anything over the quote is free, right? :D

This is one of the most anticipated HT's of the year! Congrats, and I hope you do well. Take your pain meds! It will save you a lot of grief.

Oh yeah, that's 9760 hairs!!

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

NICE!!! 4808!!! That is great I was hoping he would be able to get to 4k let alone 4,808!!! Great stuff...glad he was able to also get you one nice scar...sounds like he pulled off yet another masterpiece! Rest up and keep us updated on your progress!!! Give me a buzz if you need anything!

Hairgoesnothing

Thanks

Rc

Thanks buddy

Capelli

Thanks for everything...the calls and emails..I was stoked about 4808!!!!Then Dr Rahal drove me to the Foxbar and said I could do another 3000-4000 if needed....SWEET!! But let me say this, I HOPE ITS NOT NEEDED!!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Congrats NHP, sounds awesome you must be stoked!!

As a fellow "repair needed" patient who also has two scars that need to be dealt with is there any chance you could describe how those previous scars were positioned on your head, how far apart they were spaced, etc... If I could get my two scars down into one I would be ecstatic.

Rest up and heal well.

Congrats NHP! The number of grafts extracted is amazing. To think you have 3000-4000 left, that's outstanding. You wouldn't need them anyway after this. I feel like it's going to be a homerun. Can't wait to see the pics. Good stuff man.

NHP,

Congratulations on your long-awaited hair transplant! with Dr. Rahal! Not to mention exceeding your expectation with 4800 grafts. That's what I call icing on the cake.

I'm truly looking forward to the pics.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations Newhairplease. Looking forward to the pics.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Really happy everything went so well and that you were able to get so many grafts......that is outstanding. And, it looks like you had a higher percentage of 3s than average as well. With that many grafts, no doubt you will have an amazing result.......Nice!!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Congrats, I was actually thinking about you on the way to work today wondering how it went. You scored on the number of grafts, and the number remaining too.

Glad to hear it went well!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Sugarhighs..I looked, I guess someone else must have got to it...

Also to everyone waiting on pictures, I too am waiting on them...I talked to Mike( who is a great guy there at Dr Rahals) he is going to email me all of my pictures when I leave...so I will have pre op pictures through day 4 or 5 anyway...Im planning on leaving here Monday, but if I don't feel like it I will wait till Tuesday...had a pretty rough night last night, but thats to be expected...this sleeping at a 45 degree angle really bites!!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Congrats NHP, sounds awesome you must be stoked!!

As a fellow "repair needed" patient who also has two scars that need to be dealt with is there any chance you could describe how those previous scars were positioned on your head, how far apart they were spaced, etc... If I could get my two scars down into one I would be ecstatic.

Rest up and heal well.

I had one really small scar of probably about 2 inches..the other one was from ear to ear..the one that was two inches was quite a bit above my other one...how he did it??? I don't know other the " the man " is good at what he does!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I had one really small scar of probably about 2 inches..the other one was from ear to ear..the one that was two inches was quite a bit above my other one...how he did it??? I don't know other the " the man " is good at what he does!!

Thanks NHP!! I am impressed by Dr. Rahal all the time, it's so great that he was able to give you one new scar. Relax and enjoy your stay at Foxbar. Looking forward to seeing pics when you post. :D

Yes, I did... I started about 6 months out. However, I would only do 5 min in the morning and 5 min at night. And there were probably several days I missed. It was all Dr Rahal. It wasnt anything I did.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Yes, I did... I started about 6 months out. However, I would only do 5 min in the morning and 5 min at night. And there were probably several days I missed. It was all Dr Rahal. It wasnt anything I did.

Does Dr. Rahal use Acell or Vitrase in his practice???

Newhairplease!! Given your mighty enthusiasm, we're all anxiously waiting for some massive write-up on your experience, at Rahal's office, as well as the trip to Canada and the Foxbar. I keep expecting some post that takes up a whole page!

In all seriousness, it sounds like your whole procedure was a success! Congrats!